Hiding threads only of a certain forum member

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Xoden, May 16, 2017.

1. Xoden

Xoden Not right there

While generally I consider posts made by a member of this forum to be no less valuable than any others, I find his writing to be offputting, but since he is quite a prolific writer, a lot of unwanted threads clog up my feed.
    There are two 'Ignore' options available now. One hides a specified thread, the other hides all posts of a specified member.

I request an addition to be able to filter out only threads made by a specified member.

2. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

As best I can tell, there is no such option in the addon we're using for enhanced ignores. If these threads are truly distressing to you, I suggest using the ignore-thread option one by one.

3. Biigoh

Biigoh What is this? Moderator

Wouldn't ignore user post work?

4. NuitTombee

NuitTombee Umu~ Stylist

Indeed it does, Biigoh. But I think he wants to see their posts outside of the threads they author.

5. Xoden

Xoden Not right there

No, there is nothing distressing, just the writing style itself isn't my cup of tea and there are a lot of one-shot threads cluttering up a lot of space.
    It's too blunt because I find their non-story posts to be no less interesting than ones of any other member.

Thank you for replies. It's not that much of a problem overall, just a minor irritation, so it's OK if there is no quick fix.

Last edited: May 19, 2017