1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi- Fanfic Reccomendations

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Vindictus, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Not sure this is the place to put this, but oh well.

Does anyone know of any good HSDK fics? I've tried looking for them, buuut... All I can find on FF.Net is crap.

I'm sure someone must have written some stuff for it that's at least halfway decent, but it seems like if it's out there it's well hidden.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. WizardOne

WizardOne Guest

I can try to help.

History's Most Chaotic Disciple Author: Nobody of Note PM
    Ranma finds himself right in the middle of the fighting involving Ragnarok, the Shinpaku Alliance, and Yomi.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure/Drama - Ranma - Chapters: 6 - Words: 109,458 - Reviews: 201 - Favs: 330 - Follows: 315 - Updated: 01-11-13 - Published: 06-24-12 - id: 8252821

History's Most Chaotic Disciple

Essentially, a Ranma/HSDK crossover. Its decently written and quite fun. Ranma is trapped in a Jewel for like 20 years or something, and when he comes out everyone has moved on. The crossover works quite well, with Ryouga and Mousse and such being Master level martial artists ala Kenichi at the time. OC's are introduced as the children of the NWC, and they're interesting and well fleshed out. Ranma's primary goal shifts to catching up with Ryouga, who has a twenty year lead on their rivalry, and the lengths he'll go to catch up.

The Ranma/Akane thing is noted and treated with respect, even though she's moved on, but it isn't an angstfest. Pretty good overall.

--------------

History's Strongest Tenant Uzumaki Author: foxhound40504 PM
    Naruto, a homeless highschool student after a fire burned his apartment down is offered a place to sleep by Furenji Hayato. He happily accepts not knowing the dangers of living near his new housemates. rated M just in case

Historys Strongest Tenant Uzumaki

Its okay. Might be an acquired taste or a guilty pleasure fic. If you like stuff written by Kenichi616 you'll probably enjoy this, it has a very similar flavor.

----------------

Honor Thy Masters Author: gabriel blessing PM
    Kenichi never really had much going for him. However, there was always one way Kenichi excelled: he was lucky in his Masters. A shame that those of Ryouzanpaku weren't the first he called his Master though.
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Horror - Chapters: 6 - Words: 181,691 - Reviews: 583 - Favs: 779 - Follows: 464 - Updated: 12-16-12 - Published: 02-25-12 - Status: Complete - id: 7870920

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7870920/1/Honor-Thy-Masters

Extremely well written, HSDK/Bakemonogatari crossover, falls into most of GB's stylistic categories.
    Lots of drama and possibly some angst however.

I hope this helps.

caspian1a and Ddmkm122 like this.
  3. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

I'll admit, HTM is what got me interested in Kenichi in the first place.

Also, going to add-

History's Strongest Shinobi

It's a cross between Naruto and HSDK by Kenichi618. As far as it goes, it's pretty good- The way that the settings were merged was pretty well handled, overall. But like most of Kenichi's fics, Naruto is... More than a little OOC. Still, it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5971455/1/Historys_Strongest_Street_Fighter
    Ryu and Ken get sent to train at Ryouzanpaku for a while, and inspire Kenichi to become a better fighter. Or something. It's been a while since I read it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7628076/1/Reincarnation
    Uchiha Itachi is reincarnated into the Kenichi universe. That Yami chick with the huge tits trains him.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9039729/1/Honoka_s_Master
    Naruto trains Honoka, Kenichi's little sister. Then he has to leave for like, 6 years, I think? Canon started a few chapters ago.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8919125/1/Jack-and-the-Masters
    Samurai Jack ends up in the Kenichi universe. Not my favorite, but it's kind of interesting.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

i keep seeing people recommend stuff by Kenchi618, but i just can't get into it.

i don't know what it is, but none of his stories seem to flow properly, the sentence structure seems to be subtly off or something.

does anyone else know what i mean, or am I just going crazy?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    kabs and Ddmkm122 like this.
  6. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

That's a problem with a lot of fanfics, I think. People have an idea, and write... Then they get bored, and stop for a while. Then they think 'Wait, what if X' and write that for a chapter or two, then they get bored again. Lather rinse repeat.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Marked_One

Marked_One I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, Kenichi618 story tend to focus on a point then bam, new idea and new focus until a remember the other and then try to put them together.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

not quite what i mean, i wasn't talking about his update schedule, more the way each chapter is written.

something missing with his technical writing skill? or perhaps something grammatical?

Honestly, i'm not a good enough writer to know what is missing, just something about how he writes that bugs me.

kabs and Ddmkm122 like this.
  9. Marked_One

Marked_One I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, the story seem like in written in block. The general flow of the story is not that great.

Ddmkm122 likes this.