1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you think the Chimera(Resistance) would handle themselves in warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'General' started by Bladedhc, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Bladedhc

Bladedhc King of pancakes

I was sifting through a couple of fanfic ideas when I came across one of the first ones I ever tried to put together, Chimera finding themselves in the 41st millennium. How do you guys think they'd manage compared to the other races struggling to survive? Personally I think they'd fit right in.

2. Haplessly Incompetent

Haplessly Incompetent Looks cognizant(?)

Before I launch a nine paragraph explanation/breakdown, I'll have to ask if you're planning to write a fic concerning this, and if so, will you post it here. For a semi helpful answer, how well the chimera do depends on if you're using high or low end interpretations for either side, how much you want to wank either one, and if you want to write a stomp to kill the evil space nazi catholics.

3. Bladedhc

Well honestly I might make a fic about it at some point, but I wouldn't make it a stomp, I just believe the chimera are competent enough that they can take several world's and buckle down before imperials can respond with a counter attack

4. Haplessly Incompetent

Won't dispute that. Just if you want to make them a serious galactic threat, then there's no way. The biggest draw (ignoring everything else my inner 40k nerd is demanding that I scream), is that Chimera don't have starships; the big airships they have in the second and third games are just that, airships. If the Chimera had FTL, then there'd be no need to spend millions of years waiting on the right conditions, especially since they have the knowledge and industrial capacity to terraform a planet to their liking. Without stealing Imperial ships, they're stuck on one planet unless they like sleeper pods.

ThiccGodzilla likes this.
  5. Bladedhc

I doubt the chimera can become a large galactic threat unless they either have a leader of enough competence to find a way to steal knowledge of FTL and upgrade their tech to a point it can match imperials on an equal scale. Even then it seems unlikely they'll become the kind of thing the Imperium would take seriously.

I just recently noticed they are one of the few universes that have weapons on a similar scale to the imperium, such as titanic flesh monsters and tanks, which in my mind gives them enough oomph to qualify as a decent minor faction that the imperium cant stamp out with the resources they have to spare against such a relatively minor xeno threat

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  6. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I don't really know the series, but wiki suggests they infect everything and transform it into their own kind, and that they keep at least militarically important knowledge. So what stops them from getting knowledge of spaceship building through converted people?

7. Haplessly Incompetent

In this regard, most technical knowledge in the imperium is considered superstition, and generally not found outside of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

8. Heaven Canceler

So how do they build their spaceship if almost nobody knows how to do it?

9. Haplessly Incompetent

Complex rituals treated with the same respect contemporary religions give to holy artifacts and overwhelming amounts of manpower/resources. If that sounds inefficient to you, well it is, but economy of scale is in play. By that I mean entire planets given over solely to manufacturing starships (or whatever else) numbering in the tens of thousands. Assigning millions of laborers to build one starship is perfectly normal, as is putting that many bodies in uniform and sending them off dark gods know where. On top of that, while the tech designs don't really allow for innovation, they are followed religiously (and that's not hyperbole), and the end product is solid enough to ensure mankind's dominance.

Furthermore, while the Mechanicus (the guys responsible for maintaining Imperial technology, see here) commonly don't like innovation, they are very good at what they do, especially the xeno-biology sects. If mid twentieth century humans were able to develop a vaccine in a decade+, then they'll make one within a couple years at most.

But if the author chooses to dismiss that as wank, then there's always the final middle finger.

[​IMG]

ThiccGodzilla likes this.
  10. Bladedhc

I dont entirely disagree, but I doubt the imperium would have an inquisitor on hand for random low level xeno invasion.

11. Haplessly Incompetent

Never know with the inquisition. Besides, its not like random xeno invasions are unheard of, and the Chimera are hardly an OCP. If you've lived through a Nurgalite or Tyranid invasion, nothing on this side of the Eye of Terror will faze you.

edit: forgot to add, the inquisition isn't the only one who has the authority to declare an exterminatus. High ranking Guard Generals and Fleet Admirals can order a planet obliterated if the situation calls for it, and space marine chapter masters of course. Generally however such judgment is reserved for Inquisitors, who will typically grill a commander who pulls this stun if they feel the situation didn't warrant the final judgment. In addition, certain Ex mehods (cyclonic torpedoes for example) are reserved for the inquisition.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  12. Heaven Canceler

So what are the chances of the Chimera guys taking over one of these worlds where everyone and their grandmother is building spaceships?