1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Aurica?

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Nightgazer, May 30, 2016.

1. Threadmarks: Some Character Pictures Plus A CYOA Build
    Nightgazer

Nightgazer Cute Lil' Pegasus Gone for Good

• You were told to stop posting this spam.
    Well here's another fic by me now. I think I might have put enough stuff in there to make it interesting now. Below are some image files for the fic showing current and future happenings for it.

Aurica

Aurica In Special Canon Costumes

Aurica In Special Non-canon Costumes

Here's the build for my custom CYOA.

Self Insert 'Time to arrive is a few years before Taylor Hebert left for the Summer Camp'

---

God Mode +150 points
    ---

Disadvantages

Shameless Fanservice Girl Level 3 +8 points
    Anomaly Magnet +4 points
    ---

Things Get Worse

---

Reyvateil Origin

Aurica -26 points

Advantages All Reyvateil Origin's Have For Free

Song Magic
    Stripper-riffic
    Powerful Emotions
    Hardened Cosmosphere
    TOWER CONNECT
    ---

Special Advantages Autoget

Immortality -0 points (upgrade) -0 points (upgrade) -0 points
    Shapeshifting -0 points
    ---

Advantages Autoget

Out of Context Power -0 points
    ---

Advantages

The Stealth Package -5 points
    Extra Skill -1 point 'Anything-Goes Martial Artist'
    Greater Vials -5 points (for fifteen vials)
    Charles Atlas Superpowers -1 point
    Comic Book Pretty -1 point
    Companion -1 point 'Princess Sunset Shimmer'
    Companion -1 point 'Princess Twilight Sparkle'
    Companion -1 point 'science Twilight Sparkle'
    Item of Power -1 point (Captain America's vibranium/uru shield and a version of his uniform made of unstable molecules)
    Resources -2 points
    Secret Lair -1 point (upgrade) -3 points
    The Cybernetic Package -4 points
    Tinkertech -1 point (personal force field) (upgrade) -3 points
    Adaptable -1 point
    Combat Aptitude -1 point
    Logistician -1 point
    Born Leader -1 point
    Original Thinker -1 point
    The Stickers Package -8 points "Baseball" (trick shot item is baseballs)
    The Domestic Martial Arts Package -7 points
    Special Cell Phone -1 point
    The Utility Bundle -7 points "Artistic" 'Writing' 'Painting' 'Music/Singing'
    Taylor Sense -0 points
    Magic Ring -0 points
    Genius -1 point (upgrade) -1 point
    Shard Vision -1 point
    Psychic Paper -0 points
    Minions -0 points
    The Girl Package -8 points
    The Expedition Package -9 points
    The Cyberpunk Package -7 points
    The Reyvateil Package -5 points
    Special Snowflake -1 point
    ---

For A Brighter World?

For Want of a Nail -1 point 'every parahuman remembers the two entities and getting bonded with a part of them now'
    For Want of a Nail -1 point 'Annette Hebert lives but now walks with a permanent limp in her left leg from the accident that almost killed her but didn't'
    For Want of a Nail -1 point 'the supernatural - souls, gods/demons, spirits, blood oaths, magic itself, ki-using Martial Arts, Really weird stuff - are quite real and publicly acknowledged on this Earth Bet'
    Crossover -2 points 'Friendship is Magic' 'it's always been this way'
    Crossover -2 points 'Ranma 1/2 both manga and anime' 'it's always been this way'
    ---

Convert

+4,200 dollars

---

Recruits

The Seraphim
    Bill & Ted
    The Real Ghostbusters

2. deadcakes

deadcakes Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Why do all your titles have question marks in them? Everytime I see one it feels like you're asking us permission to continue.

3. Nightgazer

It's the SI character asking that question to himself/herself.

Hopefully I'll have the prologue up soon.

It's not easy thinking up original material.

4. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

Perhaps you should take a three day temp-ban then, to remind yourself that you were previously warned not to post repetitive spam fics?

Ibskib, Datcord, snthsnth and 12 others like this.
  5. Nightgazer

That's a little unfair since the prologue isn't even up yet. I'd hardly call this a fic when the prologue and chapter aren't even up yet. You banned me for "posting a repetitive spam fic" when I hadn't even posted the fic yet.

6. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

The title, the same. The content, probably the same. The pointless thread? Definitely the same.

Hey, clever idea here; maybe don't post anything until you have content?

Ibskib, Gladiusone, Jimis and 3 others like this.
  7. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Your sig makes me feel shame gazer.

The person you supposedly believe in and worship preached self improvement... you are very clearly not even trying for that.

8. Nightgazer

But he didn't know whether that was true or not since he didn't give me the chance to post it. Banning me for posting a fic I haven't even posted yet. Am I the only one who sees just how illogical that is?

9. TotalAbsolutism

Yes. Because you were told to stop posting repetitive spam. The absolute lack of content in the thread makes this spam, and the fact that it falls into all of your usual categories makes it repetitive.

Incidentally, if you'd just made a single thread for all of your snips this wouldn't have happened.

10. Threadmarks: Prologue
    Nightgazer

Disclaimer : I own nothing, do not sue me.

AN : This was made using my custom Worm CYOA now. Here's some info. http://nightgazer.altervista.org/Nightgazer's_Worm_CYOA/Nightgazer's_Worm_CYOA.htm . My CYOA was made by combining stuff from Worm CYOA versions one, two, and three now. Here's some info. http://nightgazer.altervista.org/Worm_CYOA_Version_3/index.htm . You can put a 1 or a 2 in place of the 3 to get the other versions as well if you want. I also ripped some things from Master of Squirrel-fu's Worm CYOA. And from Worm CYOA version 4 too. [This space reserved for future Worm CYOA]. Also I added stuff from other CYOA's too. Including a Star Trek CYOA, a Stickers CYOA, and many others. When I look for a CYOA to get Advantages and Disadvantages from I go on Google looking for CYOAs and click the 'Images' button at the top. Then I click on the CYOA images that appear there. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Many picture links are broken. Some of the page links return 404 errors to me then. This is why I didn't name the creators of some of the CYOAs. The pages wouldn't link in and I couldn't get their names. Hope that this helps you out some.

AN2 : The 'Online Worm CYOA Complete Form' does not exist, I know; I checked.

AN3 : I've decided Annette Hebert will live in this one.

AN4 : This takes place years before canon start.

AN5 : Hope you guys like reyvateils as well.

I Am Aurica?

by

Nightgazer Starlight

Prologue

??/??/20??

I woke up in a nice park. I felt a... little bit odd now. All the memories that weren't mine rushing around in my head. A lifetime I had lived, but yet didn't live. The life of a young Reyvateil Origin named Aurica. They were a bit scattered though. It would take a good night's sleep to properly integrate them.

I was also very much awake now.

Man I'd been really out of it.

I seemed to be sitting on a bench. It was a nice, sunny, and pleasant day. Wherever I was it seemed rather peaceful.

I also seemed to be completely naked, save for an amulet I was wearing. Oddly enough this didn't bother me in the slightest. I felt perfectly alright this way, and was content to stay as such for all day too.

Then I realized what had happened. The CYOA was real and, it had transported me here. I was now in Worm, years before the canon start.

It also explained why I was so comfortable being naked. And being a girl as well. To me this seemed perfectly natural and I couldn't imagine being anything else.

'The (Shameless Fanservice Girl Level 3) (Disadvantage).' I thought. 'And the (Reyvateil Origin) (Lighter Choices) and choosing to have Aurica's body and memories. Not the Aurica from the canon game, but one from where she is a Reyvateil Origin.'

I was perfectly alright with all of this. Sure I was sitting here naked. But the protection amulet was generating a protection field around me.

'This field will protect me from harm, has adjustable temperature inside it, offers proper "support", heals any wounds, and will keep me nicely clean.' I thought. 'Also it has illusions which can make it look like I am wearing clothes. Even though I'm not. It also acts as a nice set of body armor. Nothing can damage it. The field can be lowered when it needs to be so I can take care of... things that need taking care of then. The field is strong enough to protect against anything.'

I let out a little girlish giggle of delight. Yep, life seemed really good right now. Things were definitely looking up for me, far more than before.

I decided to just continue sitting here, and enjoy the feeling of the sun on my skin. The amulet obeyed my commands perfectly. It could let the sunlight touch me if I wanted, and stop it from doing so when I didn't want it to.

---

A few hours later

I awoke with a bit of a gasp. And then I yawned. It seemed I had dozed off some.

'Not surprising.' I thought. 'It was very relaxing just sitting here. And letting the sun warm me.'

I stretched and yawned some more. Then I got up. Time to start seeing what I could find out about my new world.

I then noticed a purse with the name "Aurica Nestmile" stitched on the front of it. Well then, this must be mine. I got it and put it on.

Apparently the (Shameless Fanservice Girl Level 3) (Disadvantage) considered it to be an accessory and not clothing since I could "wear" it. This was fine with me. I would need something to carry things around in.

I got curious and opened it to see what was in it. The purse seemed to be bigger on the inside than the outside. 'I've got a bag of holding that looks like a purse.' I thought in happiness. There was a wallet, comb, makeup, handkerchief, mirror, a large wad of cash, a glowing note, a hotel key, and various other little things. Wait a minute, a "glowing" note here?

I decided to read the note.

"Hello." it said. "I hope you are enjoying your little trip into another universe. As you have no doubt figured out the CYOA on the web you filled out earlier was a trap placed there by a ROB, namely me.

Now that you are no longer irrationally stupid from lack of sleep, and you've woken up from your pleasant little nap there, there are some things I've got to tell you.

First one is... congratulations you are Aurica Nestmile, Reyvateil Origin. Since you were just dropped in here I have twigged the system and placed some things in the country's databases. You're officially listed as Aurica Nestmile, a young legal adult girl out to try her luck in the wide world. You are an American Citizen from Northern Louisiana, which might help to explain some of your... eccentricities. You decided to come to Brockton Bay because you heard there was weird stuff happening here, and you like to investigate weird stuff and find the truth there. Many friends have jokingly said that all you need are a team of friends, a van, and a talking dog. You have actually agreed with them on that too.

Second one is..... because you got 'Calcified Endoskeleton - Bovine Fortitude' it means that you have exceptionally healthy teeth and bones. Congratulations! You don't have to worry about your teeth rotting out. But I would still advise you to brush often.

Third thing I want to tell you is....... might want to take time to check out your new body.

Fourth thing I want to tell you is......... your 'Secret Lair' won't be available until later next week. We're having a little trouble with the transcendental dimensions. But don't worry, you will find it to be accessible then and anytime after that. You can go stay in a hotel. I've made arrangements for one for you. It's a really nice hotel so you should be alright now.

Fifth thing I want to tell you is........... you're really cute. Oh. And that all reyvateils you create like the Beta-Type and the Beta-Type-C will also be afftected by your (Shameless Fanservice Girl Level 3) (Disadvantage) and your (Anomaly Magnet) (Disadvantage). So. Get ready to be in charge of a nation of nudists. Oh, and don't worry. Like you, they will also have a protection amulet. They will also be affected by all your (Advantages) as well. Well, except for the ones that were specifically for you. Like the (Greater Vials), (Companion), (Resources), (Secret Lair), (Tinkertech), (Special Cell Phone), (Magic Ring), and origin reyvateil only (Advantages). They will get all the others though.

Sixth thing I want to tell you is............. your Companions are stuck in your Lair and you will see them again in a week.

Seventh thing I want to tell you is............... good luck. You're going to need it. Oh boy are you ever going to. Well, see you later then. It's been... fun.

-Your Not So Friendly Neighborhood ROB - aka The Lord Of Darkness

Yes.

I am the Darkness depicted in the Legend movie.

Oh and yes.

I do sound like Tim Curry too.

P.S. This message will disintegrate in three seconds."

I blink-blinked at that and then... the note crumbled to dust in my hands.

I then dusted my hands off and wondered what to do next.

Then I remembered what the note said about checking out my new body.

I sang a little Song and conjured a temporary mirror.

A quick glance at it showed a naked girl who appeared to be eighteen years old with a healthy complexion, long light brown hair, very pretty blue eyes , healthy teeth, and a really cute face. Her hair was very long.

'Good thing I have my protection amulet which keeps it in top condition.' I thought to myself.

'Yep.' I thought in happiness. 'Aurica's copied body. The cutest girl in the multiverse there ever was.'

I was dressed in a protection amulet, a purse, a hair band, and hair ribbons.

'Wow, I look really good.' I thought. 'And I've got some nice curves. I've got a nice skin tone too.'

Looking at myself I just knew that my height was five feet and three inches and my weight was ninety-seven pounds. 'That's what Aurica's memories tell me now.' I thought. 'And it's a healthy weight as well. It's perfectly natural with Aurica since she has a quirky metabolism that keeps her at the ideal body weight.'

I continued to stare into the mirror. 'Well.' I thought. 'If I'm going to be a girl at least I'm a cute girl.' I did a little spin in front of the mirror and let out a girlish giggle. I had to admit the effect looked and sounded cute. This was the best thing ever happening.

I sang another Song and dismissed the mirror. No sense just leaving something like that floating in mid-air. Someone might see it and start asking some questions.

I spent a little while examining myself. My skin seemed tougher but still nicely smooth and supple, I seemed to be stronger judging by the large rock I lifted, I wasn't sure how to test it but I'm pretty sure my bones were stronger.

I then noticed it was getting darker. Looking up I saw the sun going down. I watched in awe at the most glorious sunset.

---

Close to an hour later

The sun had gone down, the stars had come out, and I was busy looking at them. Then the alarm on my cell phone in my purse sounded. I realized it was getting late and I should be heading back to my hotel.

I didn't have any more time to be admiring the stars. Pity. I could gaze at them for hours.

---

I walked into my hotel room.

It was a richly appointed room and looked quite good.

I quickly got into the bed and I dozed off into the slumberland of dreams.

11. Threadmarks: Chapter One
    Nightgazer

AN : There is going to be a large time jump in this closer to the canon.

AN2 : This chapter will be told from Taylor's POV now.

AN3 : Future chapters might be told the same way as well too.

Chapter One

12/03/2010

The impact came out of nowhere. I was thrown from my feet, landing on my side with stunning force. The wind was knocked out of me. I couldn't breathe or move. A foot trod heavily on my hand. I looked up, through tears of pain, into Sophia's sneering face.

And then she was gone, and others were running past, a couple sneaking surreptitious kicks with their gym shoes into my back or my legs as I curled up protectively.

'Sophia's friends.' I thought. 'Always Sophia's friends. All of her little sycophantic followers too.'

But of them all, it was Sophia I hated the most. She was always there, always at the forefront, most willing to hurt me. To cause me pain.

I wished my friend Emma was here. She could have helped me. But her father had been worried about the gang presence here and had pulled some strings and got her into Arcadia.

Her grades had been good enough to allow that. I wish I was going to Arcadia. But my grades had been abysmal and I had been stuck going to Winslow.

I only had one friend in this school. Only one girl who would stand up for me. My good friend and protector, Madison Clements.

But she was out sick for the next week with a terrible cold. Normally Sophia wouldn't be this blatant in her attacks against me. But when she heard about Madison being sick, she went on the offensive then full tilt.

I heard footsteps and looked up. Dread filled my stomach then. Sophia had come back.

"Hello there Hebert." she sneered at me. "I decided I didn't hurt you enough. So I'm going to hurt you some more."

She then kicked me in the ribs, causing me to cry out.

"You're weak!" she screamed at me. "You're prey, nothing but prey! Understand! That's all you are! I'm a predator! You should stop coming to this school! I'm sick of you!"

"Hey!" a girl's voice rang out. "What the fucking hell do you think you're doing?! Leave her alone!"

"Mind your own business you fucking cunt!" yelled Sophia. "This weakling is my prey and I'll do with her as I please! I'm the predator around here! Now why don't you go away! Or I'll do the same to you!"

"What did you call me?" I heard the girl ask with anger in her voice and cold rage. "You think you can beat up on this girl just because you're a, what? A predator? You seem to have forgotten there are more dangerous things than predators. Like hunters. They mount predator's heads on their walls. I'm a hunter. Run along little predator, before I mount -your- head on -my- wall. Shoo."

Sophia was trembling with rage and let out an inarticulate scream of fury. She bounded forward to where the girl was. At least I think that's where she went, seeing as I was huddled on the floor and couldn't see the girl.

I heard the sounds of fighting, yelling, and hitting. Finally I heard the sound of someone being slammed into the wall, repeatedly. Then I heard a body slumping to the floor.

Then the sound of footsteps coming closer. Dread filled me completely then. Sophia had beaten the other girl, perhaps even fatally, and now she was coming back to finish me off.

"Hey, you all right?" I heard a voice ask me.

I blinked at that. That wasn't Sophia's voice. That was... that girl's.

Hesitantly I opened my eyes and uncurled myself. I looked up and saw... a very cute girl looking down at me, an expression of concern on her face. I couldn't understand exactly what had happened.

Did this girl... beat Sophia Hess?! How? How was such a thing possible now?

I looked at the girl. She was caucasian with... light blue hair? With dark blue streaks through it? And magenta eyes? Did this girl dye her hair and wear contacts as well to achieve that look? She was looking down at me with... concern?

'Why?' I thought. 'No one here has ever looked at me that way before. Why would someone start doing so now?'

She was waiting patiently for my answer. I better not keep her waiting. "I'm in pain, but nothing is broken." I said.

"Can you get up?" the girl asked. "Do you need to go to the nurse's office? I can help you get there."

I blinked at that. 'Why is she acting like this?' I thought. 'Why is she pretending to be nice to me? What does she want? She must want something from me now. Nobody is ever nice to me any. So she obviously has some type of angle. But what does she want from me?' I was... confused.

"Maybe I could use a little help." I said deciding to play along with her little game until I could find out what she wanted from me right now.

She reached down a hand, and I let her pull me up.

She let me lean against her, and steadied me. "Oh, I just realized." she said. "I don't know your name, so what is it?"

"I'm Taylor." I said. "Taylor Hebert."

"Nice to meet you Taylor." she said. "I'm Sonata. Sonata Dusk."

12. Nightgazer

Now I finally have it up here.

Perhaps now you will see it is not "repetitive".

This prologue and chapter one are like none I have done before here.

13. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

{MY IMMORTAL VIBES INTENSIFY}

dasstan likes this.
  14. TotalAbsolutism

I'm struggling to see how this is any different.

Lazy beginning, overpowered Self-Insert, bad fanon, no effort put into reasonable formatting...

So, yeah. How is this any different from your usual?

snthsnth and vyor like this.
  15. Nightgazer

Content is different than the other fics.

16. TotalAbsolutism

How?

Your SI is still stupidly powerful. The setup is still lazy. The characters are still not in character. What part of the content is different, exactly?

vyor likes this.
  17. Nightgazer

There is no mention of a guy in NE Louisiana, no mention of a heavily modded Skyrim, no guy turned girl appearing in an alley and fighting gang members, no meeting with one of the Wards, no encountering demons - that's for another chapter, chapter one - and possibly all future chapters - will be told from Taylor's POV with the SI appearing in the background as a powerful goddess-like figure who gets very little screentime here, no mention of fighting different gangs and looting their bodies.

See?

Different.

18. TotalAbsolutism

No. That's not how different works. You're saying, "I changed the icing, so it's a different cake." But it's still a shitcake underneath. Just because you've added a new paint-by-numbers façade doesn't mean this is in any way different. You even said "powerful goddess-live figure", right there.

See, I don't think you quite understand my criticism. Simply put, there is no indication that this will be any different than everything else you've written; up to and including dying a silent and ignoble death when you suddenly never write any more in order to start on a brand new series of snippets based on the exact same premise.

19. Nightgazer

I've gone one better there.

I've made an InvisionFree forum where I will post my fics.

I will provide links to them later.

20. Nimnitz

Nimnitz Getting out there.

But you had between Monday 3:14am to Tuesday 4:38am to put up your Story and all you had in the thread were some Pictures and you CYOA build.
    If you did not have the chapter finished, why did you start the thread?

Gladiusone, Psyckosama and vyor like this.
  21. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Frankly the mods should have closed this damned thread...

22. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

'Gazer, are you familiar with the old story about the Boy Who Cried Wolf?