1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I must entertain the Masses

Discussion in 'Questing' started by imposter36, Feb 15, 2014.

1. imposter36

imposter36 Getting sticky.

You walk into your college dorm room and look around. Your room mate is out so you put a smiley faced sticky note on the door. It's your symbol for "privacy" around here. Although while their initial assumptions that you brought someone in or are currently masterbating would be incorrect the need to not intrude would definitely get through. You just needed to process this, deflate, just get your goddamn head in some sort of order. After your day you needed it.
    Earlier you decided to go with your childhood friend Michelle to a meeting she wanted to attend. she has been through some hard times lately and honestly you were worried she might be losing her shit. So when she invited you to come to the meeting of "The Theater for the Masses" church group you were obviously very vocal about not going to some crazy ass cult. Long story short she got you to go but only - or so you told yourself - to keep her from drinking the punch if necessary.
    When you got there the doctrine was almost laughable. The leader claimed that this world was created by the whims of a pantheon of ancient and possibly nameless gods who observe the world through the eyes of others. The continued existence of the world was at the whim for these beings that he collectively called the "masses." Honestly halfway though you just kinda zoned out and started playing your portable gaming console. It seemed the cult was harmless enough but things soon turned... south. As what seemed to be normal for the meetings after the preacher spoke the new recruits were called up to speak.
    Michelle went up and started talking about her reasons for joining, and then she said that she had brought a friend and gestured to you. As soon as the preacher saw you the expression on his face filled you with pure horror. He called for you to be restrained. The attending people immediately attacked you. You tried, lord knows, to fight them off but it's ultimately useless.
    They manage to catch you, hold you down, and knock you out. When you woke up you were on a couch in what appeared to be, judging by the pictures, the preachers room. You don't know why they brought you here or why they didn't bother to tie you up but the immediate thought was simple, to escape and call the cops. Then you heard the voices. It started as a dull murmer but then grew in intensity. only a few things were made clear from the noise. " A new rp?" "entertain the..." "... see what this is?" It starts pounding in your head. You close your eyes shouting at whoever was present to reveal themselves and to set you free. When you open them again however no one was there. Worse you could feel them. The eyes. It felt like eyes, several sets of them, where watching you from inside your own skull watching you through you. It's too much. The resulting sensations blend into vertigo, feeling sick, you feel around for a garbage bin to contain the building bile finding your target oh too late. Emptying the contents of your stomach onto the floor you don't notice the preacher appear behind you. Prying your eyes open you see that his expression is more sympathetic than it was before. Right now that did not matter. He had an ice pack and a towel to clean yourself up.
    Having wiped up your mess and calmed the throbbing in your head he explains the situation. For whatever reason you are the chosen one. The masses have devoted some of their focus directly to you. Because of this not only are your chances of living a normal life shot, but the fate of the world depends on you as well. The masses, he explained, are capricious creatures starved for entertainment. As you are their focus now you must find a way to entertain them until you die. For if they lose interest, then time itself will end, and the universe will fall into a stilled, silent, death. This is why you are now currently deflating in the dorm room, Michelle being kind enough to drive you back. All This is... just what the hell are you supposed to do?
    []Name
    []Gender
    []history

So in the spirit of experimentation i decided to propose a meta game. Here our protag is aware of our existence and essentially the rules of the site. each post you can suggest a scenario to put the pc in and communicate with them to try to convince them to act on a certain action. possible enhancements may happen in the future but for now lets mess with them as a normal person. please format scenario suggestions as usual with attempts to contact them in open quotes i.e "hi there"
    P.S. The vote for name, sex, etc. will be formatted as normal
    p.p.s. would this be better received on NSFW? if so how should i move it?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Oh, wow. Yeah, you might want to make that a bit less... wall of text-y.

3. imposter36

Shall i streamline the plot for your convenience?

4. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Not the plot! The WORDS! Press more ENTER!

Like this!

5. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Here is how I would space it out.

6. imposter36

Alright give me a sec
    Edited for your reading pleasure.

7. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] Andrea North
    [X] Female
    [X] Just a computer nerd with a scholarship... You weren't anyone special. Or at least, you hadn't thought you were.

8. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Andrea North
    [X] Female
    [X] Just a computer nerd with a scholarship... You weren't anyone special. Or at least, you hadn't thought you were.

9. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

[X] Andrea North
    [X] Female

10. imposter36

Andrea North. Why were you an ordinary girl attending college on a decent scholarship being forced to go through all this. It doesn't make sense.It wasn't -

" Would you cut it out."

Eh ?

" The narrating. You've been doing it since the cult and I would like it if you stopped."

You can hear me?

"Well yeah you're kinda the loudest one in my head . Why are you so surprised?"

Well I thought you wouldn't be able to hear me unless I purposefully tried to talk to you so... It is a bit unexpected.

"Tch. That's an understatement. So your one of the masses right? Then why do you feel the need to narrate. My every move?"

Huh? Well that's. How can I explain this? ... Got it. Ok think of me as a mediator. I'm the only one who can see events unfold from you directly. Everyone else sees everything through me and the narrating helps smooth out the process.

she gets off the bed and starts pacing

"That sounds way too goddamn complicated."

Yes it worked. Huh. I mean it kinda is to you I guess but hey whatever.

" So why me huh? What made you all decide that I was so goddamn interesting?"

We didn't, we just needed a college student. It could have been literally anyone else. You just got chosen at random.

"*sigh* so my luck is just cosmically shitty then. That's just great. Well then you guys obviously want something. What is it.?"

... You know I never thought that far.

"Seriously?"

Yeah. You know what let's ask the audience what they think. So guys have any suggestions?

11. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] Develop a virus to take down the global banking system

12. UrsaTempest

[J] Return to your life and continue as usual.
    Kidding.
    [X] Start a new bitcoin-forks E-Currency! This one will be better, more popular, and desirable than the others!

13. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] The same thing we do every day. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD! Muahahaha-narf.

14. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Eat the moon.

15. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Get laid.

16. tripcode

tripcode Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Lay an egg. Preferably one that's been hard-boiled and peeled first before being stuffed up your...
    edit: too graphic?

17. UrsaTempest

....mouth?

I still say, creating bitcoin knock-off is the way to go!

18. imposter36

So is that a yes for moving this to NSFW? If so how do I do that?

19. UrsaTempest

Nothing NSFW about this.