1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

No, more like magic and Esper powers in Toaru.

Let's see, working on Eternity's revised magic system we have:

-The roll to see if a spell casting is successful is: [Int + Lore + Occult + Essence]
    -If successful there is another roll to see if it hits: the roll is Dexterity+[Attribute?](Need to decide one)
    -The spells have components. The number of components determines the spell's rank:

001 - 025 Level 1: kill a person, destroy a motorcycle
    026 - 050 Level 2: Kill a Low-class Devil
    076 - 100 Level 3: Kill a Middle-Class Devil
    101 - 150 Level 4: Kill a High-Class Devil
    151 - 200 Level 5: Kill an Ultimate-Class Devil, decimate an army, destroy a city
    201 - *** Level 6: vaporize a big army, kill a god, wreak a region the size of Saitama's prefecture

"if you don't want to do it where we only get Exhaustion when we botch, could also tie it into a Stamina + Resistance roll with successes needed to cancel out the Exhaustion something like 1 every 10 points for higher rank spells 1 ever 20 for spells in ranks we have the required proficiency or something, maybe let us spend motes to cancel our exhaustion as well to explain how Vali and that cast without giving two fucks about exhaustion?"

-The idea has merits.

-How do we work out what rank we are skilled enough for, I'd do it another extended test like crafting or something, every lesson we have we roll say, [Int + Lore + Occult + Essence]/2 say we need 10 successes to be proficient at Rank 1, 30 for Rank 2, 60 for Rank 3, 100 for Rank 4 150 for Rank 5 and 210 for Rank 6 or whatever.

if you mean the points, lets take Fireball for example, 1 lethal, essence x 10 range

I'd say 3d6 would be about the same as 1 lethal so 3 points there, creating energy damage 1 point, Duration : instant = 0 points, Range 30ft *most people I would think would only have that for a range with the old calc* 3 points, total spell cost 7, well in the range of the beginner stuff, not something that would likely tier out even an apprentice, or with the Devils a child.

-When casting a spell you take one level of Exhaustion Damage per Rank of that Spell,the is reduced for each Proficiency gained, IE Rank 3 casting with Rank 1 Proficiency inflicts 2 levels of Exhaustion damage, this damage heals at a rate of 1 level per minute resting for mortals, 1 level per 10 ticks for Characters with Essence of 2 or more, and 1 Level per Tick for Characters with Essence of 6+

Rank one Proficiency, requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 3, Successes 10
    Rank two Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 6, Successes 30
    Rank Three Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 9, Successes 60
    Rank Four Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 12, Successes 100
    Rank Five Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essnece+Speciality) = 15, Successes 150
    Rank Six Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 20, Successes 210

-Spcialitys are for example, Norse Magic, Angelic Magic, Devil Magic etc Maybe Reduce the number of Successes needed since we are doing Proficiency for Each type of Magic

But yeah with this setup I'd have it so every Health level of Exhaustion can be soaked for want of a better word with a mote.

You raise an interesting point: casting magic causes Exhaustion, but motes can be used to reduce them. This would explain how characters in DxD can use Demonic power/Magic to fuel Stamina draining powers like Sacred Gears.

A similar system can be used for normal people using Sacred Gear: using them for prolonged periods of time tire the user.

I would add how components are calculated, but the list is too long. So, for now I only ask if you approve of this patch-up system.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  2. Alexander

I forgot. Votes also for this:

What kind of roll do you want? What [Attribute+Ability]? What modifiers? What difficulty? How many successes are needed?

3. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

my choice would be [Wits+Resistance] 10 Successes total needed, difficulty = current Essence Level *as our Solar Essence fights against the Dragon Power* maybe?

4. EternitynChaos

As for the Magic itself, well, I could see [Dex+Lore] being a thing, particularly among Magician's, [Dex+Occult] Being more often used by Devils, Angels and the like, While [Dex+Atheletics] Seems like what you would expect the Norse to prefer, with the exceptions of ones like Loki and Odin.

Maybe have it go [Dex+{(Lore+Occult+Atheletics)/2}] maybe? to reward people who do more then just focus on one skill /shrug I don't know, I'd be just as happy with us picking our Magic skill *Probably Occult, because we are Exalts after all* but its an idea.

5. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

For the dragon power thing what is supposed the be the bad thing?

What's the fail condition?

Lose and your body fries? Stam Res

By maxing the much more easily maxed skills we can hit rank 5 easy with a bit of time. Especially if we can stunt or use excellencies.

Lose and go beserk? WillPower Integrity what ever mental resistant stat Temp, Val or Conviction.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. EternitynChaos

its trying to learn the charm that lets us learn Dragon Knacks, I figured that it wouldn't be easy so I suggested having our Essence be the difficulty.

7. Alexander

Yes, normally there are side-effects but thanks to Charms Issei can easily take care of it.

Anyway, I present to you another of Mu-Sensei's incredible efforts. A Dragon Knight with more gold!

http://www.4shared.com/photo/ZPEAin3kce/Half_dragon_onox__1_.html

People will start shitting themselves when they see Issei in Balance Breaker. Calling it now :D

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  8. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

:eek: Mu how did you do this?

It's even more glorious then before.

Imagine that combined with our Anima banner flaring at full power behind us.

Hell people are gonna shit themselves. Through
    I suspect the girls are gonna feel more hot and bothered by all that swag. As it should be 8)

BALANCE BREAKER WHEN?

9. Alexander

Certain conditions need to be met first.

Anyway, can I have your votes about the proposals made until now? In any case I will resume the quest tomorrow.

10. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

Yeah....we need Balance Breaker soon.....other wise....we might be in a bit of trouble

Though with our new defense overdrive I'm not as worried as I was before and with these potential dragon shifting charms also give us some breathing room regarding the balance breaker

Regarding the proposals

I'm good with them

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. Alexander

Welcome to QQ! It's a wave of new players 8)

12. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

I see you finally made caught up. Welcome to the quest code.

well I can't wait until we hit those condition.

As for the proposals they get a thumbs up from me. I appreciate all the work you and the others have put into this. I wish I could help out more on topics like this but my knowledge on such subjects is lacking.

Awesome. Can't wait to continue from where we left off.

Your quest is awesome. Of course more and more people are joining.

13. codeRR

Yep! I actually did get a account just for this :3

I was lurking the last few days to catch up with what is going on so I decided now was a good time

Hey Diller

14. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWonsZ-gHD0

yup i love balance breaker form. and i am okay with the plan XD

15. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

I am also in favour.

16. codeRR

Quick question, what kind of Sidereal Ma are there?

17. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

Lots. Many of them broken and overpowered. Alexander, are you planning on using any of the Scroll of the Monk SMA's?

18. codeRR

.....Well then

Cause I heard of a style.....something like shard of oblivion or something similar so I thought I'd check thanks

19. The Slumbering Crocodile

Obsidian Shards of Infinity? I think that's the one they call "Martial Arts Alternate Universes". IIRC, it has a Perfect Dodge that allows you to dodge anything so long as someone can see the attack. A combination of a flawless perfect defense and a surprise negator; as I said, overpowered.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  20. codeRR

Yeah that's the style.

Oh.....well not actually as bad as the name implies it to be....still dangerous though

21. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Ain't one of the Charm Mirror Masters Powerset and I win pick your falvor.

22. The Slumbering Crocodile

It's not quite that bad -- you have to pay a price for every flavor, and it only works if you've both already almost won and the fight is "important" in some way. It's basically a way to temporarily take over as ST for the purpose of the outcome of the battle. I don't have access to my books at the moment, unfortunately, so I don't remember all the details.

I do remember (most of) the Creation-Slaying Oblivion Kick combo, though. Basically, you take a charm that lets you see everything, add in Grandmother Spider Mastery from Charcoal March of the Spiders Style, which allows you to punch everything in sight twice, then add Pattern Spider Touch from the same, which allows you to change things on a fundamental level, such as making them not exist. Or punching them into a duck. Those three combined, at E7, and you can completely destroy all of Creation up to and including anyone who doesn't have both a Perfect Defense and a surprise negator. Or punch all of Creation into a mega-duck.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  23. Makahl

Makahl Know what you're doing yet?

Hello Alex, longtime lurker here who knows a bit about exalted: essence ratings don't actually go beyond 10 I can't eind the post tot that effect ATM because I'm on a tablet bit essence 10 basically jeans you van do whatever you want. A dev poster somewhere on the WW forums that essence ratings above 10 would kever exist.

24. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Kind of. Essence 10 is the Glass Ceiling, but Essence ratings differ between Exalts and other such beings. An Essence Five Solar will be better than an Essence Five Dragon-Blooded. So... Eh. Mostly right but, yeah.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Close. An Essence 5 Solar has access to better charms than an essence 5 DB. It really depends on how you spread your EXP out; you can be a really weak E5 Solar if you never bought any charms and dumped all your EXP into boosting your essence.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  26. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

We can boost our Essence with XP? Huh. Thought we had to fulfill our motivation.

27. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

You boost everything with Exp.
    You fullfill your motivation so that you can boost essence without checking for a month.

It's not like we can train from hell it down to a weak by getting fire immunity and setting in a blast furnace.

28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Fulfilling your motivation is a shortcut that lets you bypass the training time to boost essence, which normally takes a few weeks or months of meditation.

29. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

*nod*. I can figure from the limits on the stat increases our essence allows we'd eventually level it up. Though that feels like something for weeks if not months later.

30. EternitynChaos

it also limits the charms we can get, and the really fun stuff we can get quickly is in the 4-5 essence bracket