1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-King of the World! [Exalted/Code Geass] (DEAD)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Uh, I just realized something. Guys? A little help:

How a Stunt affect "Mob Dispersing Rebuke"? It increase the difficulty? Or it removes successes? I can't find a reference.

2. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

As far as I know, there is no reference.

Therefore, it does whatever you and players would decide it does.

3. Alexander

Great. Keep voting people, today I have the time to update a lot.

4. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

Fu that.. okay that roll was quite unbelievable good for them.
    And well I did not write up a stunt as more dices for us would have been useless.

5. Alexander

[X] Mob-Dispersing Rebuke
    -[X] You looked at them with every single dignity and defiance of your most magnificent self, and mustering all your anger and hatred of those who dared to oppress others just because of their nationality, you spoke, with a booming voice "BEGONE FROM MY SIGHT!", as you swept one of your hands in a sidewards slashing motion.

Rolling...

[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 1, 8, 3, total 12[/blockquote]

Updating...

6. Alexander

[X] Mob-Dispersing Rebuke

-7m, -1wp
    -----

Power, burning and ephemeral, fills your body. The light increase as intent comes to you.

For a moment you can see an image at the edge of your vision, a vision being created by the shinning corona surrounding you: a legion of knights in ancient Britannian armor, all bearing a stylized Sun upon their shields while their other hands wield any sort of weapon, from lances to swords to warhammers. And then it fades. The light, while continuing to shine, does not project anymore images.

You look at the soldiers with every single digit of dignity and defiance of your most magnificent self. Mustering all your anger and hatred of those who dare to oppress others just because of their nationality you speak with a booming voice as you swept one of your hands in a sideward slashing motion.

"BEGONE FROM MY SIGHT!"

You see their eyes widening and color leaving their faces, leaving scared cowards in place of what were well-disciplined soldiers. Then they run away from you as you were a demon straight out of hell, letting go of their weapons and screaming incoherently.

You smirk before picking up one of the abandoned guns and fix it in your belt. "Well...this change things. This change things greatly."

You turn to the girl, planning to give her a proper burial, only to find nothing: her corpse is gone, leaving behind only the pool of blood. A pool that is suspiciously too small considering that it came from an injury to the head.

Before you can reflect on it more there is a whirl of wheels as a Knightmare Frame enter inside the warehouse. From the Frame's speakers comes a feminine voice. "What is a student doing there? And why are you...glowing?" It raises its gun. "Answer me!"

Oh joy, another complication.
    [] Give her a false identity, preferably a noble one, and force her to come out of her Frame. You have the feeling your powers can aid you once more.
    -[] Hypnotic Tongue Technique.
    --[] Choose a Presence Excellency.
    [] Stay silent.
    [] Write in.

You made a two-dice Stunt. Choose your bonus:
    [] Regain 4 Motes of Essence
    [] Regain 1 Point of Willpower
    -----

"Mob-Dispersing Rebuke" is not usable here because there is only one enemy.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  7. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] "I am here because I felt like being here, and I glow for I am the LIGHT OF RADIANT MORNING!"
    -->[X] Impose your will on her with the power of your verbage.

This is the famous 'Social Combat' I have heard so much about, yes?

8. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

>You made a two-dice Stunt.

No, it's not but honestly, that's details.

9. Alexander

I said I am learning. Why is that? I think kinglugia's write-in fill the criterias.

10. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

As a general rule, when you only describe yourself in your actions "I jump up at the clothsline and use it to run above the gap between the buildings", one-dice stunt. When you describe the opponent and yourself "I grab a handful of sand that I throw in his eyes using the motion to roundhouse-kick him", two-dice stunt.

Three-dice stunts are "awesome", impressive descriptions of actions that you feel that, yeah, that's great. Not necessarily long, as they can be bogged down and be boring then.

Edit: While kinglugia's write in mentions the opponents, it doesn't really do anything with them. So it would be a one-dice stunt.

Edit 2: You can replace "opponent" with "other people".

Edit 3: Lots of edits here... Maybe it should say "descriptions of impressive actions" instead on the third-dice stunt.

11. Alexander

The notebook said:
    "Two-die stunts require that the character interact with the environment in some notable fashion, taking advantage of the scenery that the Storyteller has provided. This can be physical environment or things the character knows about the world, like an enemy’s phobias or a lover’s favorite flower"
    kinglugia's write in mentioned:
    "Mustering all your anger and hatred of those who dare to oppress others just because of their nationality"
    Addressing the soldiers' actions and tendencies. So I reasoned it counts as a two-dice. But I am fully open to hear your critiques.

12. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Get her down.
    [X]Second Presence Excellency.
    -[X]"Who am I? Who am I?! I am a soul who is wroth! I am the Harmonious Voice! The Oppression lain upon Japanese, their masacre, their dehumanization sickens me to my core. Look upon this ruined city. Cast your ears to their fearful cries. Their pain, their suffering moves me to action. I can do nothing but stand to aid them. No one that could say that they hold compassion in their heart could do otherwise. Stand down and aid me or stand aside! For this must end. "

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  13. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

[X]Get her down.
    -[X]"Who am I? Who am I?! I am a soul who is wroth! I am the Harmonious Voice! The Oppression lain upon Japanese, their masacre, their dehumanization sickens me to my core. Look upon this ruined city. Cast your ears to their fearful cries. Their pain, their suffering moves me to action. I can do nothing but stand to aid them. No one that could say that they hold compassion in their heart could do otherwise. Stand down and aid me or stand aside! For this must end. "

14. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

Uh, yeah, was not attentive enought. Sorry about that.

15. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Larekko12

16. Alexander

Votes are still open for...three hours. I honestly didn't expected you to try to sway the pilot (CG's fans should know who she is), but you are the players and, honestly, I like when you didn't meet my expectations. In the positive ways of course.

I also remember you that you need to choose a bonus:
    [] Regain 4 Motes of Essence
    [] Regain 1 Point of Willpower

17. Dark Lord Bob

Dark Lord Bob Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Larekko12
    [X] Regain 1 Point of Willpower

18. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Regain 1 Point of Willpower.

And who's the pilot?

19. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Most probably our onee-chan~

20. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Villie Nue? The sex TANNED bomb Commander how is incharge of the Academy and eventually wife of Ougi?

21. Alexander

Since QQ's dice system is a pain to deal with and I don't trust Invisible Castle anymore all rolls from now will be done on the site rolz.org. The room used, for anyone who wants to verify the rolls, is called "Eclipse_Lelouch".

[X]Get her down.
    [X] Regain 1 Point of Willpower
    -----

Being under the aim of a Knightmare-sized gun normally would be a problem, but you strangely feel calm. Is this strange new powers responsible for that? That golden light...you felt it coming from somewhere outside your body. But there is also a "pool" inside you: you feel that drawing from it will not cause the golden halo to resurface, meaning you can use your new powers without giving them away.

You raise your hands in a non-threating gesture. "Nothing suspicious, I assure you. Say, can we talk face to face? I understand I am in no position to make request, but I am just a britannian student. Beside, it's not as I am standing next to dead soldiers or something, right?"

The pilot seems to think about it before the robot's head nods. "Alright. I'm coming down: don't move."

She is a dark skinned woman with long blueish teal colored hair. The insignia shows she is a Knight, so probably of commoner birth. This make things easier.

She steps down her Knightmare and walks up to you, hand near the sheathed handgun. "Now talk: who are you?"
    "Who am I?" You drop your arms and adopt a serious expression, startling her. "Who am I?! I am a soul who is wroth! I am the Harmonious Voice! The Oppression lain upon the Japanese, their massacre,-" You gesture to the civilians massacred by the royal guards. Among them there are many children. "their dehumanization sickens me to my core." She is shaking now, eyes wide as reality comes crashing down on her. Your bring to bear all your authority and presence as a prince and look directly in her eyes. "Look upon this ruined city. Cast your ears to their fearful cries. Their pain, their suffering moves me to action. I can do nothing but stand to aid them. No one that could say that they hold compassion in their heart could do otherwise." You point at her." Stand down and aid me or stand aside! For this must end!"

She falls down on her knees. "I...what I am doing?" She is crying now. "All I wanted was to be a good soldier, to gain the rank of Baroness so that my sons and daughters would be nobles too. When...When I became a murderer!?"

Another victim of Britannia. No, your nation is not at fault. It's all that man's fault. Not anymore: you refuse to let him make anymore victims. You kneel next to her and lift her chin. "What's your name?"

"Villetta. Villetta Nu."

"Stand up Villetta." You help her. "You asked who I am. I told you my mission, but not my name. Listen well, because all I speak is the Absolute Truth!" You raise a hand in a grandiose gesture. "The world thought of me as dead, but they are wrong! For I am Lelouch vi Britannia! The Eleventh Prince of the Holy Britannian Empire! Son of the late Empress Marianne! And I am back to change everything as it should be!"

"Y-Your Highness..!" She takes a step back.

"I was forced into hiding to escape those who murdered my mother. Not terrorists as everyone believe, but other members of the Royal Court who resented my mother for being born a commoner. Yes, just like you Villetta. And yet she became Empress, and yet they still didn't accept her." You mercilessly hammer down the fact, to make her realize what could be her fate with the actual system in place. "And the Emperor,-" You snarl. "-Instead of avenging her decided to look away, to disgrace me and my sister because we were useless. But I am done hiding! I saw what Britannia had become and I realized: this is not the Britannia that I respected, but a twisted mockery where pride left place to hubris and it doesn't count how capable you are, only who your parents are."

You offer her a hand. "Join me Villetta. Join me in my quest for righteousness and justice. To take the throne I deserve. And I promise you-" You smile. "Much more than a flimsy Baroness title will be granted to you with my-no, our victory."

She stares for a few seconds, a thousand emotions swirling behind her eyes, before falling down on one knee. "My life is your to command, Your Highness. Use it as you see fit. I will follow you to hell and back."

You chuckle. "Not to hell, but to the highest points of Heaven itself. Stand up Villetta, First of my Champions."
    -----

"What are your orders My King?" Villetta asks after you and her left the warehouse onboard her Knightmare Frame.

You fiddle with the black king chess piece you picked up earlier. In your other hand there is the radio you stole from the Terrorists.

What will you do?

[] That's the red Glasgow. "The West Entrance!"
    [] A different plan (Write-in)
    [] Leave the battlefield.
    [] Something Else?

Personal Essence Pool: 10/12
    Peripheral Essence Pool: 23/30

Willpower: 6/6
    -----

For those of you wondering why Villetta sided with Lelouch: it is Canon that her goal was to become a Baroness, that's why she joined the Purist faction. Which is composed of commoners and Numbers haters. In my view this make her less of a fanatical patriot and more of an opportunistic. Solar's mindfuckeries aside, taking Lelouch's side is a high risk-high reward strategy that if successful will make her not only a Baroness, but maybe even a Duchess.

But it's not all there is to it: remember this is an altered CG Universe with Exalted traits, meaning not all (and not everyone) is as in Canon.

moonberserker likes this.
  22. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Contact the Resistance and coordinate their efforts. See about having them steal weapons and supplies being shipped to the battlefield and reapproprate them for their use.
    - [X] Tap into the britannian empires communications and coordinate the resistance to best effect against them.

23. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

We're porbably going to need, War, Performance, and Lore excellency to do this right and proper on both sides.

24. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

I'm not sure about this but doesn't Appearance Impose External penalties to peoples mental defense values equal to the difference in appearances? Like a 5 vs a 2 drops three successes flat?

25. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

I'd like to remind what whole "Playing chess while ordering people around" thing counts as a stunt.

26. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

nice 9 success of mindfuckery. Even if I am surprised that we only bought 2 success instead of the 4 that we could have bought.

27. Alexander

It is just me or a lot of people voted for the first post, only to disappear later? Because, I saw it happening before.

Or maybe there is a simple reason and I am not seeing it.

28. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

in my case it's that i'm pretty uncertian of what to do.

29. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]"Deception is the heart of warfare, and misinformation is its blood. We shall thwart this atrocity at it heart and in aid of the resistance."

30. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Character creation sets the general tone for a quest, so when you lose, that's pretty much kills the urge to read the quest... Or you get a subject you will not read (like Yanderes in my case), which results in the same thing.