1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Im a Pretty Butterfly! [Marvel/Exalted]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by SerbobIV, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter the first
    SerbobIV

SerbobIV Not too sore, are you?

I had the oddest dream I have seen in awhile, in which I was some kind of caterpillar wrapped up in its brassy cocoon, figuring out what kind of butterfly I wanted to be.

Did I want to be a big buff butterfly who shone green like the sun? Or maybe a butterfly who carelessly drifted like the wind? Or perhaps a moth who lied to himself and others?

I chose to be the butterfly who flapped his wings and calmed the chaotic storm.

And then I woke up to a vicious shaking, like an airplane in vicious turbulence. Trying to move, I found myself confined into a fetal ball with barely any freedom.

What was going on?! I fed some of my essence to my third eye and reached out to feel what was happening and where I was- huh, that is a really pretty pupa. And that air is awfully thin. And moving awfully fast.

The shaking intensifies and I start to feel a plasma jacket forming around my shell, quickly slowing me down. God, falling from space, what a way to go. Well at least now I know how all those kerbals feel.

*Well, this is a unique experience.*

“What? Who said that?”

*My name is Maleficus your highness, I was chosen chosen to guide you in your new duties.*

Maleficus. Highness. “Holy shit, you're my Coadjutor! What kind of demon are you? Wait, I’m Exalted, I chose Swlihn, this is awesome! I can…”

Ideas flashed through my head of things that could save me, vehicles that would let me fly, armor that would let me brush off the fall like nothing. But there was no time to build them. No time to learn new charms either.

How long have I been falling, anywa-

Fuck, fuck, FUCK! Are those buildings?! How fast am I- thats the groun-

And then with a massive crash my fall was arrested, my shell shattering into pieces and myself flopping exhausted onto the shattered concrete, staring gormlessly at the bright blue sky.

Ok. I felt bruised. Heavily bruised, but not broken, which was good. Really good. Holy shit, I just survived a fall from space! Being Exalted is amazing!

I push myself to my feet, stumbling a few times, then take a deep breath, “whoooo! I'm alive! Take that Newton! Suck my dick gravity! You ain't got nothin’ on me! I'm alive, I'm ALIVE!”

“Are you OK?”

I whirled around and grabbed the person who had snuck up on me in a bear hug, “I just fell from SPACE! But I'm OK! The ground broke my fall! Haaaa.” and then I fell over again, clutching my sides as I started laughing, “ThE GroUNd BrokE My FaLL!” I threw a fist into the air, “Lithobraking For The Win!”

*Calm down yer highness, yer alive, now ya gotta focus on surviving everything else.*

My elation working down to a buzz I turned to the person who had approached me and finally noticed who it was. Big, craggy, kinda orange, “you're Ben Grimm!” And Holy cannoli, I'm in the Marvel universe.

“Well, guess you know who I am. Who would you be? Not a threat, I hope.”

“Um, right, sorry,” I slapped my cheeks to get myself to focus, getting a bell sound, huh. “my name is Papilio Formos and you would not believe the day I am having.” I said, mentally examining my new, apparently bronze, body.

“Try me.”

“Well, um, probably five days ago I fell asleep worrying about finding a job and supporting myself, and I woke up a few minutes ago in my chrysalis, Exalted by the Hierarchy herself, and undergoing re entry. Which I survived with just some heavy bruising. And my home didn't have any superheroes, just comics.” I took a deep breath and held my arms out to show him. “And I am now made entirely out of bronze.”

“Sounds rough. How bout you follow me so we can get you some clothes, then you can tell me all about it.”

I nod mutely and follow him as he guides me towards the baxter building, my mind-hands gathering up the bits of my Christalis Grotesque I can find in two bundles and hovering them to hide my bits from view.

AN: read and review, helpful comments, discussions and suggestions are always welcome.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016