1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

insert 'Worm' character here saves the world... By accident.

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Klingdark, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Klingdark

Klingdark Making the rounds.

So I just had this idea. Because of a whole bunch of coincidences (just a little below of deus ex devices) any character happens to save the world (i.e) kill scion, but it happens entirely by accident.

So here are a few rules to obey, at least in the beginning. In the beginning, you have to start with low powered characters. Characters that on their own, couldn't, shouldn't be able to even scratch a high powered cape let alone scion himself. Also, other capes may 'add' to it, so one cape does something, that results in something else that is in turn going to affect the character in question.

I thought it might be a good challenge. Now, about possibilities... I was thinking that a device from Leet could somehow end up lost and end up in the hands of a character. This device would then enhance/improve/do something that will do something to the character to make it viable for him to defeat scion.

I'm going to be thinking about it myself, but I'm going to see if anyone else can think of something as well.

Is this a good idea? Original idea? Bad idea? Let me know :)

edit: and I just realized that this may be the wrong spot to post this. Because it needs to be approved? If it is the wrong spot, could you kindly place it in the right category? If not, let me know where it should be and I will delete it and post it where it should be.

HeyaUser and january1may like this.
  2. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

This is... a bit too generic IMHO.
    And sufficient amounts of "accident" might make it look like the luck is the character's power (see Ack's recently concluded It Gets Worse for a nice example; other fics with the same idea include A Game of Chance, concluded a while back, and Denial, currently ongoing).

I do believe that it's a very nice idea, however.

HeyaUser likes this.
  3. Klingdark

Klingdark Making the rounds.

Actually, I wasn't thinking about it being luck or anything like that. But something the character does that ends up snowballing and kills scion. A number of events that are plausible but unlikely. For example, Leviathan is very hard to defeat right? So what would happen if it had a weakness to natural lightning? Not tinkered, not lightning powered by a power, but natural lightning. There's a storm and boom, it dies by a lightning strike. Because who would imagine that the Leviathan has a weakness for something like that?

HeyaUser likes this.
  4. Gindjurra

Gindjurra Versed in the lewd.

I can think of one -- Newt Scamander. While one of his fantastic beasts might well be able to beat Scion by raw force or special gimmick, imagine how hilarious it would be if the shiny golden man got taken down by a Niffler.

HeyaUser and Malcanthet like this.
  5. RinKaihou

RinKaihou Lolice Officer

You pretty much described the stories with luck-based powers. It Gets Worse (if I got my fics straight) had a chain of events that led to Kaiser's defeat that started from an airplane dumping blue ice.

january1may likes this.
  6. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

From canon, any character who interacted with Taylor or Amy, or any character that fed into those characters existing in the first place, would qualify automatically.

You could just re-tell Worm from any non-Taylor perspective and you'd have what you want.

So... I'd suggest aiming for something a bit more specific.