1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in playing on an ARK Survival Evolved server?

Discussion in 'General' started by doomlord9, Jun 22, 2019.

1. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

*Edit* Server is up! Server name is OUTOFSYNC Ragnarok PvE 2X All, 10x Mature Speed. Just open the Join Ark menu, click the dropbox in the lower left and select Unofficial Servers, and search for OUTOFSYNC. No the tag doesn't mean anything, asked a friend for ideas and he threw that out. The required mods are Structures Plus, Platforms Plus, Pet Finder, Super Spyglass, and Un-Annoying Creatures.

So ARK Survival Evolved just got another free map plus an update as well as a 65% off sale until June 25th.

Being reminded of it once again gave me an urge to ride around on dinosaurs, same as any sane and rational human should be when offered the chance to ride around on a dinosaur.

As this is my only real semi-public social venue, my question is how much interest would you have in playing on a custom server?

I'll be renting the server regardless, but ARK is always more fun with more people on the map so if there is alot of interest I'll need a bigger server. If there is a huge amount of interest, I'd probably have to ask for donations because I don't have enough income to soak an extra $60+/month bill. Doubt it will get to that point, but better to be up front if it does.

The map would be Ragnarok, free if you have the base game, with 2x gathering rates, 2x experience gain, 2x taming speed, and 10x faster gestation times because I am NOT wasting 100 real-time hours to grow a single T-Rex from egg to maturity.

The mode would be PvE because most of my ARK experience has been with a friend who demanded PvP be enabled because he REALLY likes PvP, RUST being one of his favorite games and that should tell you everything you need to know. We usually got pretty far along but we never saw a single boss or did any higher level things because the time and resources we would always spend on PvP shenanigans would always either slow or even regress our progress.

I don't feel like dealing with that this time, so PvE it is. Wars will be enabled, which allows PvP between two tribes to be activated for a limited time but thankfully it requires both sides to declare war beforehand. This means if you ABSOLUTELY have to fight another tribe for building space or you're both just feeling rowdy or whatever, then have at it but I plan to have the server focused mainly around building up, breeding better dinos, fighting bosses, building decorative bases for giggles, and generally having fun with dinosaurs without being douchebags to each other. If you're wanting a server that could be described as RUST with dinosaurs where you raid every vulnerable base you come across and kill anyone and everyone you see, you're gonna want to look elsewhere. There are plenty of servers that cater to that playstyle but I personally find it boring at best and most often irritating as hell.

It will be modded as well for quality of life changes. Not too many since S+ is huge on its own and can seriously strain a server but seeing as I consider Structures Plus to be absolutely required that's just something I'll live with. Those of you who have played ARK with and without S+ will understand exactly what I mean by it being required. Platforms Plus will also be there for flavor and to give more options and make more potentially interesting buildings. Pet Finder because finding lost dinos is just plain annoying. *Edit* After thinking about it, I decided to also add Super Spyglass, because it removes the need for alt-tabbing and entering data to know how a dino's stats are distributed and what is good or bad if you're being picky about what to tame or not.

If you don't have the game, I would highly suggest picking it up during the sale as the base game is WELL worth the $17, even just solo. Official servers are....not so good, Alpha Tribe dickery remains rampant last I knew so getting anywhere without being in one is a faint hope, which is the main source of low rating about the game last I checked, but single player is still great and a good custom server can make the game incredibly fun. The DLC maps are more finicky, primarily for if you want the lore and completely different mechanics and environments than the normal ARK gameplay, but as my server won't be running any of them you can play without anything beyond the base game.

A distant dream would be a Cluster Server running most or even all the maps that players can swap between
    to experience all of the content ARK has to offer on a single character, but that is very far away and would be in the hundreds per month to do.

And....that's my spiel. Anyone interested?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Fenrisfir likes this.
  2. Fenrisfir

Fenrisfir Not too sore, are you?

I'd be interested and I am sure my brother when he is not working would be too I just haven't played the game in a long time and I have barely got anywhere in it. Plus the guys on the server my brother directed me to the other players were kinda major dicks.....

3. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Yeah sadly dickery in ARK is rather easy and consequence free if not prevented with server settings and Admins who care about people making the game not fun for others.

4. Magos Eternal

Magos Eternal Pondering my Orb for the Secrets of the Omnissiah

I would quite like a pve server. If I could reserve a spot on the map could I have that cave near the highlands light house.

5. Rainov

Rainov The Dark Sun, Alight With Passion

I am slightly interested, not sure how long that interest is going to hold once I am actually in the game, but hopefully for a bit.

6. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Ok, sorry for the delay but life happened. Been sick for the last week, one of my friends had their motherboard die and needed a replacement, and then another had their internet cut for a few days by the flooding up here in Michigan.

But none of that mattersnow, the server is up! Just do a search in unofficial servers for OUTOFSYNC, the full server name is "OUTOFSYNC Ragnarok PvE 2X All, 10x Mature Speed"

Fenrisfir likes this.
  7. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

And another mod added, because I haven't played much since the Raptor TLC patch and holy fucking hell that pounce/dismount mechanic is just plain obnoxious.

Thus, the Un-Annoying Creatures mod has been added to the server. Also disables the Itchy's stealing ability, which is nice because I know for a fact they can steal and eat blueprints. Luckily it was only a wood door BP but that along with them being able to steal and instantly destroy entire stacks of kibble means I'm not going to cry over their loss.

8. Rainov

doomlord9 I am unable to find the server when searching for it. is there a server IP I could have so that i can manually put it into steam and try and find it?

9. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Rainov Sent the IP via convo.

Is anyone else having the same problem of not seeing the server?

10. Fenrisfir

Fenrisfir Not too sore, are you?

I had troubles finding it till I put the name in google and found the place to connect to it. My screen name is the same as here.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  11. Rainov

day 1 back in the game, repeatedly ran into a terror bird that killed me, swore to tame it, realized that was futile and ate it instead. ran into a thorny dragon and its fellow dragon friend, got killed some more. just as i was about to leave the hell hole I spawned in I got assaulted by a bunch of super aggressive pigs that prevented me from leaving with my gathered resources intact. managed to kite them away with several deaths and built a raft and fucked out of there.

once out of hell I started building on my raft, fucked up a little bit, thought "meh" and kept going. tamed a Lystrosaurus and called it a day.

day 2, finished building the raft into something decent looking. sailed far far away from hell hole, landed at a nice looking place, spotted a lvl 135 trike and decided to tame it.

I am now heavily questioning my return to the game after having spent 1 and a half hours taming this little bitch ;). I spent all that time running around like a complete lunatic gathering narcoberries and meat to turn into narc cause I had, somehow, gotten it into my head that the taming speed was also 10x instead of just the gestation.

I promptly called it a day once I was done, named the trike bitchface and sailed out a bit into the ocean and logged off.

doomlord9 likes this.
  12. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Heh. Sounds like a completely normal start to ARK thus far.

You'll like the Kibble system rework. Only 6 types of Kibble to worry about, and only 4 are worth heavily pursuing.

Basic Kibble doesn't tame anything worthwhile, Parasuar is the best of the Basic tier tames.

Simple Kibble has a few good ones like Trike, Raptor, and the dolphin so tame a couple low lvl raptors for easier Trike tames.

Regular Kibble is where the good stuff starts. Grab a bunch of turtles for the eggs, and that kibble tier will get your mainstays of Doed, Ankly, Stego, and Ptera with decent combat dinos like Sabertooth, Carno, Kentro, and Terror Bird.

Superior Kibble gets into the better dinos like Argie, beaver, Allosaur, Dire Bear, Mammoth, Paracer, Megalodon, and more.

Exceptional Kibble are the large dinos like Rex, Bronto, and Therizino.

Dododex is your friend.

13. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Finally got my first Wyvern egg! A 185 Poison to boot. Wish it was Lightning, but for a first wyvern it's more than fine.

It only cost me 2 Pteradons and 3 personal deaths to acquire too. They were my first two high level/stat Ptera tames that I have long since bred several generations from, so their sacrifice and contribution will never be forgotten. Now I just need to acquire Milk and I'll be able to actually raise it.

Speaking of breeding dinos, if someone wants a Ptera or Argie early I'm more than fine throwing one of my older generations to you. Got ALOT of fliers right now eating alot of meat, but just killing them feels wrong. Argie eggs are so very useful regardless, so those I have no problem having lots of.

Speaking of Argies, there is currently a 4th of July event ongoing where dinos will naturally spawn with the bright red, blue, or white that is normally only found in rare mutations. Leads to some very pretty dinos, but also ended up giving me the 'MURICA BIRD!

[​IMG]

Yes, that is the completely natural coloration that can be bred. Amused me quite abit when it hatched.