1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

IRC shenanigans

Discussion in 'General' started by Biigoh, Mar 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Anondylar

Anondylar Lazy Turtle

If it was wisdom teeth did you use an ice pack? The advice I was given was to hold my mouth shut with the gauze in between the wounds for a few hours, using the ice pack to help the clotting and alleviate the pain, then take out the gauze and be careful not to irritate the wounds after that. No gargling of water or anything. Warm towels could be used after that to accelerate the healing (though I stuck with ice packs for the pain). After a week, return to have the stitches taken out.

If at any point after the first day there was bleeding or extreme pain, return to the hospital for treatment.

(And wtf, tea bags?)

Also, four teeth at once? My condolences, Bailey.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Certain thing in them helps clots form.

Ddmkm122 and Snake/Eater like this.
  3. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

I was using an ice pack, and they told me about the same thing except they gave me an envelope full of gauze squares and told me to change them every twenty minutes because, getting all four out at once, there was an increased risk of complications like sinus fluid from the top holes getting into the wounds on the bottom. I think. I forget the exact explanation. I still have an envelope that says change every twenty minutes until bleeding stops though. They also told me absolutely no applied heat for any reason until 24 hours after the surgery, including I couldn't take a shower or eat something warm when the bleeding stopped; this is why I had pudding for dinner.

6:38 AM <@BaileyMatutine> The thing of it is, he got kicked because he was specifically and repeatedly poking somebody who was self-admittedly delirious with pain and had the power to kick him.
    6:38 AM <@BaileyMatutine> He got banned because it turned out that was his last strike.
    6:39 AM <@BaileyMatutine> If he repeated the same behavior when I was in my right mind, I don't know that I would kick him for it.
    6:39 AM <@BaileyMatutine> But he knew I was out of my mind with pain and he continued to harass me anyways.
    6:40 AM <@BaileyMatutine> News flash: while out of my mind, I am a lot less patient and reasonable than I usually am.
    6:40 AM <@BaileyMatutine> Hell, I thought I was still bleeding because my mouth still tasted like blood.

4. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Gib did not make a judgement call, nor did I "let" him do anything; He acted based on the fact that you were on your last strike and you had just spent it. The entire circumstances were then posted here so that everyone else could assess whether gib was correct to act in the way he did or if your ban should be rescinded. If you want it lifted or lessened argue here. Don't go sending me private messages trying to guilt trip me. If we didn't have a system in place I could understand asking me, as the person who made the actual kick, to intervene. We do have a system in place, where you already made that exact argument, and you were laughed at for saying that gib is the only person who doesn't like you.

I am incredibly sympathetic to the idea of somebody getting banned just because one mod is an asshole with a grudge.

That just isn't the case here.

5. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Why not make it a 6 month ban with the parole essay that Biigoh put in place.

I forgot the word count though. If there is no proof of my improvement in the essay. Then add another month.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

If Biigoh already told you that you could write a parole essay to get back into the chat, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO GO BEHIND HIS BACK instead of just writing the thing?

Ddmkm122 and dasstan like this.
  7. Snake/Eater

I forgot until today....:oops:

PS. I still need to know the word count.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Start writing now and see if you need to make it bigger. If you don't know what you did wrong well enough to start writing 500 words, knowing that it's actually 1,000 won't help you.

9. Snake/Eater

Who knows, maybe my luck will change, after all it is the year of the.... What for it.... Snake.

I am pretty much doomed.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Luck is not a relevant factor here.

11. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

The information about teabags was sound, having been issued to me by my dental surgeon during my quad wizzo removal. Everything else was of... Suspect quality.

I am loathe to say this since some days I want to strangle Snake, but the joke was (AFAICT) meant to be in good humour. I think a perma-ban is a tad excessive. Perhaps the essay should be 2000 words, no more than one third of which can be a recounting in his own words of his misdeeds, and probation until Gibbous can tolerate a thirty minute conversation with him?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Snake/Eater

I can't even write the 500 essay...:(
    that is going take along time, hell it would a autobiography.
    That would be a eternal probation. and that is just cruel and unusual for me and Gibbousmoons.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Snake/Eater, I am not unreasonable. All I asked for is a 1000+ word on what you did wrong, and what you'll do in the future.

In short, reflect on WHY you piss people off and how you can stop pissing people off.

14. Snake/Eater

I just have bad luck and i suck at explaining myself to impatient people who have temper tantrums, i am maybe a tool, but in the end i'm just replaceable and i can't fix other peoples problems even if i want to.

you want me to write 3 pages, but in the end all i can write are 3rd rate cliff notes. now that is poetry or karma.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Biigoh

It's not about the quality. Also 1000 words isn't hard. It's kind of what's expected of high school students. And unlike academic papers, you are not held up to formats and such, nor do you have a time limit.

This is more a reflection on the WHY you got banned, and WHAT you're going to do in the future.

Ddmkm122, 1986ctcel, dasstan and 4 others like this.
  16. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Again, he was not banned for making a teabagging joke. He was banned because the teabagging joke was his third strike in a new system Bii implemented after a long and colorful history of Snake antagonizing people and generally proving himself to be a malicious and unpleasant individual.

As for the tannins being sound medical advice, it was difficult to tell when his other advice was contra-indicated by my dentist, and, had I followed it, I would have fucked up my stitches and been forced to go to the emergency room.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Snake/Eater

Your just washing your hands again and making weak excuses.

Maybe my facts were wrong but I got ban on a technicality.

Please stop posting Bailey. Your just digging yourself a deeper litterbox to sleep in.

Your starting to look dirty.

I sent you a pm and you post it public. Just so other people could laugh at my expense.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

It seems as though there's been some confusion. I am the one who kicked and then banned Snake Eater.

I kicked Snake because mocking those in actual pain is something I will not tolerate.

10:47 PM <+Snake-Eater> <+Plotvitalnpc> The tannins in the teabag will clot it)/me voted on plan "Teabag Bailey's mouth" first

Fictional suffering can be funny and mockable, but real suffering is not something to laugh at and nudge your mates about how witty you are. As that was Snake's last strike I then also banned him.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Snake/Eater

... not to sound sarcastic, but how is admitting that at all helpful?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

This is the part you keep ignoring.

You were not banned for this one act.

You were banned for a history and a pattern of behavior.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. Snake/Eater

So you created a excuse to get me kicked out because your feelings impatient and Gb and you say that is my 3rd strike....

...Absolute sophist tripe.

Like when you created the incident that caused me to be put under 3 strikes.

Like when you said to ban me and cause a commotion to have people use my IP to mute me and you made excuses that it wasn't your fault and even refused to apologize when I hadn't done a thing to provoke it.

You will keep washing your hands for your blunders.

You keep posting just to provoke me into losing my temper and getting my account banned.
    Edited

You want a fight? This is after all a writing site Let's poetry dual on the highnoon thread. I will even let have a writing partner and go first.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

This sentence doesn't make sense.
    I was not awake when you and Biigoh had the clash that led to this rule.
    Are you talking about the time I told you to stop doing something, people started mocking you for it, and I told them to leave you alone and not take mod action as an excuse for bullying, and then told them to just ignore you if they couldn't have a positive interaction with you?

Ddmkm122 and 1986ctcel like this.
  23. Snake/Eater

I get you two confused when I don't eat anything.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

... how?

Their avatars are nothing alike. Their names start with 'B' and that's it. I don't think you had a genuine case of mistaken identity here, I think you were just shittalking the person you thought was responsible and are now trying to save face.

Ddmkm122 and 1986ctcel like this.
  25. Biigoh

Wasn't Snake, it was Mishie that pissed me off enough to go 3 strikes.

Snake just ate the 3 strikes over time. And I had previously posted in this thread before he hit the 3 strikes the 1000 words thing as a way to be unbanned or remove a strike.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

See, I thought it was that time with the real world AU. If it was some other event entirely that involved neither myself nor Snake then I am even more confused why I'm being blamed.

TotalAbsolutism and Ddmkm122 like this.
  27. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Because he needs a scapegoat to shift blame on and you're conveniently on hand. He can't or doesn't want to admit to being wrong. You're not going to get through to him. Don't bother trying.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Biigoh

[07:56] (@bii-phone) Mishie, if you feel that strongly, report it or leave it be
    [07:57] (@bii-phone) But seriously... Stop with your badgering on irc
    [07:57] (@bii-phone) That is your first warning.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. Snake/Eater

...what is going on?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

This was the official log of Mishie having received his first warning so that all ops know that if he gets another warning, it will be his second, which is to be accompanied with a kick before being posted here.

Ddmkm122 likes this.