1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. To make things official, I have added a proper description of the method to appeal a moderator action in the Rules thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Kariya Kwest [Fate/Zero]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Kerry

Kerry? KERRY?! KEEERRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

2. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

And now to capture and corrupt Saber.

God that sounds wrong.

3. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Because PHYSICS KILL!

4. Biigoh

Biigoh Nothing but Innocent Fluff Moderator

Who knew Sakura knew basic physics?

5. minuseven

minuseven Samsara

No, it sounds wrong in all the right ways.

6. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

We have got to get Kariya to say that, if only to see Sakura's reaction.

7. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

I remember something about servant carrying their masters on servant speeds happening in the novel and anime - but, hey, whatever. Not important.

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

They had reinforcement and Kiritsugu was almost dead at that time, so I doubt he could have managed.

9. Biigoh

It's a matter of timing, IF the magus had time to do magic like reinforcement or some variant to enhance their body, sure... they WOULD survive.

But no reinforcement, because it's wasteful of prana and people MIGHT notice prana usage? Kiritsugu and Maiya are squishy normal humans.

That he survived the initial acceleration is commendable... but the sudden stop is the killer.

10. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

I now desire/demand an omake where post canon Kerry has tea with us while Shinji, Sakura, and Shirou play with Saku-nee-chan and a pregnant Iri-chan. Saber watches on as a worried motherhen while drowning herself in tea drinking.

It's the only way I'll ever forgive you q-q

11. Ardion Prosili

But Lilly, then Kirei-chan will say that wasn't how it happened and everyone will die again and then everything goes pearshaped a while and then sudden SEAGULLS!

12. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

I THINK YOU MEAN SEA CATS

SEA BITCHEEESSS

13. Ardion Prosili

PUPCATS OF THE SEA?

14. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

SEA

LIOOOOONS!

[​IMG]

15. enthalpy

enthalpy 我们为何而战?

What about Nazi plans to invade England now?

16. Biigoh

But Kerry will kill everyone before THAT happens... He even kill Illya and Iri in that dream sequence....

17. Biigoh

Gah... looks like I'm going to have to delay the next post due to sleep + work cutting in -_-;

18. Threadmarks: Night 3 / Binding
    Biigoh

[X] Black Queen takes White Knight and then White King

A thought occurs to you as you heard Lord El-Melloi's command, it wasn't one backed by the command seals. Not yet, at any rate.

But you suspect it might become necessary soon, given the chivalrous nature of Lancer, knights tended to be rather full of honor and pride. Diarmuid Ua Duibhne of the love spot, first warrior of the knights of Fianna would be no different, you wager.

Even in the modern day, you have encountered men who would have been knights in ages past if not by skill, then by their codes of chivalry.

"My lord!" He turned upwards to where you had last saw the master of Lancer. "This isn't necessary."

"What are you doing, Lancer?" That voice cut in once more. Sharped and annoyed and demanding. "This is your chance to defeat Saber."

"Saber, I will defeat her. I swear on my honor! But it doesn't have to be like this. Not while her master is grieving. Please, my master." Honor and chivalry, it appeared wasn't quite dead here. Just bound by magic.

"With my command seal, I order you..." ah, here it came. Perhaps, it would be a good idea to give Sakura your own commands.

Thus your whispered words into her ears and nowhere else. <<Sakura, can you deal with Saber and Lancer?>>

"I hereby propose." The words from the homunculus was soft... heard only by the servants. You can tell by the quirked lips of Gilgamesh that he had certainly heard and was amused. You know you're only hearing this because you are sharing the senses of Sakura.

"My lord." There was desperation in Lancer's voice.

"You shall come under my command, and your sword shalt control my fate."

A slight nod and you continue on. <<Then do so, and recover the Einzbern.>>

There was a lull, you suspect that El-Melloi was removing his glove, posing to look cool before he spoke and used his command seal. The fool. "Kill Saber with your full skill and power!"

"Abiding by the summons of the Holy Grail, if you accede to this will and reason, answer me."

With that, Lancer moved. And you get to appreciate the full speed available to a lancer class servant. There was a single clash of blades as Saber was pushed back.

"Lancer." A fell look of outrage and despair colored Diarmuid's face as he turned to look at Saber.

"I swear, I am all that is good in this eternal world."

The way her hands trembled, wasn't a good indicator for Saber in this fight... with her source of prana removed, her anchor to the current world destroyed. She wasn't going to last long.

"I am the disposer of evil in this eternal world."

Still, she fought on in a desperate attempt to keep Lancer away from her companion. This was where Saver interrupted, interposing an arm that was sliced off by a crimson spear, while the shadow ribbons prevented the golden spear from piercing the side of your servant.

"Saver." A look of gratitude is directed at your servant from Lancer, and yet shock.

"You, of the seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come forth from the circle of constrain."

She really was trying for it now. It looked as if the three family would get proper representation after the hiccup of the previous master of Saber's death.

The Einzbern homunculus might even have a wish of her own now.

"Guardian of the Heavens, accede to me, and my fate shall become your sword!"

"I accept this pact under the name of Saber!" There was a pulse of prana and the Einzbern flared with power. And in counterpoint, so did Saber glow radiant as she accepted the contract.

The silence that filled the wharf as the contract between Saber and the Einzbern was formalized was staggering as the prana flow was connected between the servant of the sword and a well of magical energy that is staggering.

This presence was something that exceeded what Saber had earlier.

In the moment that the connection was made, Saver has already regrown her arm.

- - -
    Kariya Kwest : Night 3 / Binding
    - - -

What Do?
    [X] Continue gunning for Einzbern and Saber, in competition with Lancer?
    [X] Continue helping Saber against Lancer?
    [X] Hang back and watch the fight?
    [X] Target Archer?
    [X] Target Rider?
    [X] Target Assassin?
    [X] Target Lord El-Melloi?
    [X] Write In.

Writer's Note - My appologies for the delay and shortness of this post.

But given what just happened, I felt it would be fair if you got to redecide your objectives, given the changes.

19. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Target Lord El-Melloi?

If he should so besmirch the honor of his servant, why should he get to stay around and make the war more badder?

20. Biigoh

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  21. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Saber was wounded before Rider's interference, yes?
    If so, we should capitalise on that either by taking her out now or by getting Lancer to retreat before she can kill Lancer and regain her hand.
    I really don't want to deal with a Saber, that has both hands, and is powered by a vengeful Iri.
    The thing is, Rider will most likely interfere, if we gang up on her.

22. Biigoh

Saber got wounded early on by Lancer before anyone else showed up

23. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

[X] Continue gunning for Einzbern and Saber
    -- [X] Let Lancer deal with Saber, you deal with the master.
    --- [X] Does Sakura have anything to help with dealing with Saber or Iri? Ask her.

24. minuseven

minuseven Samsara

Ooh, interesting.

[X] Continue gunning for Einzbern and Saber
    -- [X] Let Lancer deal with Saber, you deal with the master.
    --- [X] Does Sakura have anything to help with dealing with Saber or Iri? Ask her.
    Good enough for now.

25. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

My current mindset for this confrontation is, "We're getting Saber Alter, no exceptions".

26. Dinya

Dinya Know what you're doing yet?

Won't we get Saber's new stats through the Grail, as we still know her true name?

27. Biigoh

Also thanks to Merior for catching the errors in the index...

28. Biigoh

It's still being worked on

29. minuseven

minuseven Samsara

Yes, Saber Alter is... actually almost essential. Saver isn't that suited to conflict really. But Saber? Oh, boy.

30. Biigoh

But consider WHY there is a Saber Alter... and that Dark Sakura managed to take down almost every single servant...