1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. To make things official, I have added a proper description of the method to appeal a moderator action in the Rules thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Kariya Kwest [Fate/Zero]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

[x]Stand aside

2. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

[X]Stand aside

3. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

[X] Help

Let's see what Kariya-Zouken has in the way of combat abilities. It's not like our actual body is there, right?

4. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

[X] Help.

5. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[x] Help.

6. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

[X] Help

7. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Aid Saber...

8. Threadmarks: Night 3 / Mastery of the Skies
    Biigoh

Biigoh Nothing but Innocent Fluff Moderator

[X] Noblesse oblige.
    - - [X] And to the victor, the spoils.

There was a whimper and not quite gasp as the King of Knights attempted to struggle to her feet. The sound of metal upon tarmac... it is clear that while she isn't out, she can't last long. Not against Lancer who was being healed of his injuries by his master.

Rejuvenation from a new master and enhancement of prana flow only went so far, without a command seal order, she couldn't last. Could not win. The gap was insurmountable.

And there would be no command seal orders to aid Saber.

Not in the here and now.

Not when the Einzbern had been captured by Saver.

It is clear to you that the same principle used to capture the weapons of Archer had been used to capture and bind the Einzbern.

It was abundantly clear to you the precepts of Sakura's technique. It was the crystallization of the Matou mystery and enhanced with her element of Imaginary Numbers... you feel that there is a third component, but what it is... you can not tell, not in the here and now.

At the slow approach of Lancer, you can tell that she is desperate. That she is inwardly cursing her earlier carelessness and the price she was paying even now. Her pride would kill her as she would not, could not, never would ask for mercy or help.

That look of helpless desperation, it is one that you find... familiar. You had seen soldiers gunned down, their bodies shattered and dying on them. And yet, they wanted another chance.

There was a certain nobility there, not one born of kingship, but of a warrior who wanted to do more and yet was cut down before her time.

You know at Lancer and can see regret on his face, regret and enjoyment. He truly enjoyed the fight. It was one of equals and yet it would end, and would never be again be.

"Master of lancer," You speak after a moment's thought, amplifying your voice. "Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi, nineth inheritor and head of the El-Melloi, call off Lancer. Saber is now under my protection."

You smile at the outrage on Saber's face at the undesired help and protection. That she was yours to protect, as if a belonging.

"Do you imagine that a no name magus of the Matou family is going to frighten me into submission? I shall..." The arrogance voice of the magus hidden in shadows filled you with disdain and thus you interrupt him.

"I imagine you're going to natter on about teaching me how magus battle," you snort. "In a futile attempt to frighten me as you did the boy who was your student. Rather, you seem to be operating under the misunderstanding that it was a request from me to you, it is not. It is a statement, you will call off Lancer or you and he shall be made... irrelevant."

"You dare think you can threaten me?" The shock and surprise in his voice had you shake your head before you gesture to the heavens, and channel the tiniest bit of prana into a single one of your familiar blade wing worms.

The internal chemistry of the worms used by the Matou had over the centuries been adapted and worked over with thaumaturgy that it responded instantly to your desires.

There was a flare of explosion in the night sky, small and silent as your familiar spent its life and body to craft what you need. And a line of light and fire flashed down to explode beside El-Melloi, rending the roof with the force of a rocket propelled missile.

"I won't bore you with the math, but that was a single one of my familiars converting itself into a weapon to fire something relatively small and very, very fast at you," You continued on, and tilted your head at what you saw Kayneth do, bringing forth his mystic code. "Perhaps, you believe that your mercury blob Volumen Hydragyrum can protect you. It will not."

"Not when the very night sky above belongs to me..." With that you mentally order your familiars to glow briefly... to appear as countless new stars above. For a moment, before fading once more and moving from their current position.

Intimidation without overshowing one's hand was a good way to go about things. Especially when one was successful.

"Withdraw, lancer," You smile as your familiar observed El-Melloi gritting his teeth at the reality of how things were. "That's enough for tonight."

With that, you kept a careful eye as master and servant withdrew from the field.

"M... master of Saver, what is your intention upon coming here," The blonde king glared at you.

There was a gasp and a shout from the shadows near where Saver had subsumed the Einzbern. You had to blink at the sight.

Somehow, impossibly, the Einzbern homunculus was pulling herself free from the cursed boundary layer. Clawing her way free of the shadows as if it was an endless black muck.

It was quite likely that the battle with Gilgamesh was occupying Sakura's concentration and thus, the Einzbern could attempt her escape.

- - -
    Kariya Kwest : Night 3 / Mastery of the Skies
    - - -

What Do?
    [X] Write in

9. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

[X] "For he who fights and runs away
    May live to fight another day;
    But he who is in battle slain
    Can never rise and fight again."

"Go Saber. Take your Master. Think on what has transpired here tonight, and we will speak once again."

---

Don't press on her pride just yet. We're still in the middle of a warzone. Well, kinda.

10. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

[X] Push Iri back into the Blackness.
    -[X] Distract Saber by telling her your intentions showing up here, and how you've decided to take Iskander up on his offer.

11. Cherry Lover

Cherry Lover Experienced.

[X] Inform Saver of Iri's attempted escape, and ask her to push her back in.

OK, why did we help Saber here? We could have got rid of a very dangerous opponent. Now we have Saber alive, and Iri escaping. And, anyone who thinks we're going to ally with Iri after killing Kiritsugu wants their head examined....

12. Aranfan

I did it because once we have Saber it will make taking over Britain much easier.

13. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

Because its more amusing that way. We've essentially sold our existence and our adopted daughter represents the end of all things. Why not be the hand that gives and the hand that takes away at the same time?

14. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

[X] Distract Saber by telling her your intentions showing up here, and how you've decided to take Iskander up on his offer.

15. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

+1

16. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

We are considering serving Iskander?

17. Scope

[X] Have Saver pull Irisveil back into the cursed boundary layer.

[X] Answer Saber, telling her your intentions showing up here was to see things from your own perspective in ground zero, and how you've decided to take Iskander up on his offer.

18. Aranfan

Scope, Saver is a bit busy with Gilgamesh.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  19. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Distract Saber by telling her your intentions showing up here, and how you've decided to take Iskander up on his offer.

I know I did it because I like Saber as a character. Honestly, don't need much reason beyond that. It would be nice to have her on our side, though, if we plan to conquer the world.

20. Scope

You realize that there is no difference between

[] Have Saver pull Irisveil back into the cursed boundary layer.

and

[] Push Iri back into the Blackness.

right?

Unless you plan to have Kariya waltz up to Irisveil while Gilgamesh is firing NPs at Saver just shove Irisveil back into Saver. However, that would be very noticeable.

21. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

Didn't let Lancer kill saber and then kill Kayneth,what are you doing Kariya at least don't interupt saver fighting Gilgamesh, and I am still not sure I want to wage war on the world so here is my vote.
    [X] Have a familiar fly over to Irisveiland inject her with a knockout or paralyzing cocktail.
    [X] Distract Saber by telling her your intentions showing up here, and how you've decided to take Iskander up on his offer to ally at least until the wish that will give the Servants on his side a body.

22. Biigoh

Biigoh Nothing but Innocent Fluff Moderator

Killing Kayneth would have resulted in a kamikaze kill attempt.... or miss sola ui getting lancer... nor that Kariya knew about the cecond

23. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

The kamikaze kill attempt would have been fine with me, at least that way two out of five enemy servants would be dead.

24. Balatro Philologus

[X]this
    (Edit: warning oncoming stream of consciousness ramble.)
    This gets my support as it seems the most likely to get back to neutral with iri + saber (iri would still probably hate us but saber would probably see us in a more positive light. though we should probably mention something of our motivation (save sakura/keep her safe) to make that more likely. also it has a better chance to allow us to apologize (we weren't aware he was your husband. etc.) and possibly ally with them at a later date (plus we might need there help taking out casters horrors if we end up not being able to take him out quickly enough, that is if it's even the same caster we REALLY don't want to assume on this cause everything can always get worse.)

though if anyone can think of a better plan in that regard(Einzbern support would be nice if we are serious about the conquer the world plan, on top of the already mentioned convenience of having Arturia on our side) I'll switch to that it's just that the current leading plans are likely to get the both of them to hate our guts and gun for us personally if it fails (at best inconvenient) as it likely will if your depending on our own ability to be enough to distract Saber from her master.

25. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

hmm should we have Saver withdraw?

26. EnderofWorlds

This is implying that we haven't horribly burned and mangled any bridges with either of them. Which, by letting Lancer do whatever and killing Kerry, we kinda did. The only way we're getting their allegiance is by force; which is what the majority was gunning for in the first place via Saber Alter.

27. Balatro Philologus

I agree that killing kerry might have burnt some bridges, but it's possible iri might focus on fulfilling his wish over getting revenge given time to cool off and no further reason to hate us and in that case we can probably worm our way into an alliance(and what use is having the memories of generations of manipulative assholes if not for worming our way into alliances), especially later on if we figure out that the grail is corrupted and convince her of this(do we not know it's corrupted yet?).

On the saber end of things I think we lost more points with her for interfering than for not and we can probably gain a lot of it back if we spin savers actions as saving her master and not attempting to kidnap her(which is so far is what savers actions would look like, but as soon as we try to keep iri captured that flies out the window)

Edit: not to mention if we use savers ability to suborn Servants where there are witnesses we suddenly end up losing a valuable trump(the ability to surprise people with that) and we could very well end up uniting everybody else against us, and we really need to take out some of the other servants especially gil and assassin before we want to risk that I believe

28. EnderofWorlds

We don't know about the Grail's corruption and I really fucking doubt she'd forgive the killers of the only man she's ever loved. The one who taught her how to live like a genuine person instead of a doll. This isn't just burning a bridge; this is utterly annihilating it and pissing on both the remains and the bridge builder who made it. Us getting off of her shit list is SoD breaking for me. A vendetta has been made here, and it ain't going away.

As for the ability; who says we have to do it in front of them? Why not just kidnap Saber and take control of her back at home base? And the sheer advantage of getting a Saber class servant is well worth the risks in my opinion regardless of what happens.

29. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Ender has the right of it. Really

30. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Yeah, I'm not really seeing how saving Saber was not stupid.
    So, here you have a bullshit reason I came up with.

[X] Tell Saber that, once she was dead, Kayneth would doubtlessly have ordered Lancer to interfere with Saver's fight.

It does ignore the fact that Kayneth would have needed to burn another command seal or that Iskander would have stopped him, but since we had no good reason anyway...