1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. To make things official, I have added a proper description of the method to appeal a moderator action in the Rules thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Kariya Kwest [Fate/Zero]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Spend the day in the Fuyuki library, you've got research to do on Gilgamesh, Iskander and King Arthur.

2. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Spend the day in the Fuyuki library, you've got research to do on Gilgamesh, Iskander and King Arthur.

3. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X] Spend the day out with Saver/Sakura, it's scouting and not a date!

4. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

5. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

6. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

7. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

Wow. I forgot how good Saber's stats were without Shirou holding her down. >_<

8. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Spend the day out with Saver/Sakura, it's a date and not scouting!

9. Cherry Lover

Cherry Lover Experienced.

Let the poor girl have some fun.

10. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Yes, it's not like there's a war going on or anything.

11. Voidling

Voidling Getting out there.

For once, I have to agree with mike. Sakura's mental wellbeing should be among our highest priorities - not in the least because she can initiate an extinction event essentially at will.

It's true that there's a war going on, but both of us are more than capable of surviving well into the endgame unless we screw up colossally (such as by uniting other participants against us), even if we pass over this particular opportunity to engage in more directly applicable activities.

On the other hand, we're in a lull right now. People are recovering, planning and plotting after last night, trying to analyze what data they have in order to exploit them to their maximum advantage, not looking for a fight. We can reasonably expect to have at least this morning free of molestation. Once the war starts escalating again, we may not have another chance for this kind of bonding.

12. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

ok, i understand why all these people wanted to let saber go, and even why the GM railroaded us into it (then lampshaded it quite tactlessly) but seriously?

we let Gil go?

:-\

so basically we were on the verge of near total victory, and we stood back and let EVERYONE escape?

Lancer: good, we might have killed his master, but his spear is probably the best weapon to use against savers shadows, if he managed to wound her it could have seriously fucked us up. avoiding that battle was a good idea

Iri&saber: i still say we could have gotten away with it, probably have had to abandon the manor, assuming everyone randomly knew where it was (the other magus sure, but rider and waver? ) but we should have some sort of safe-house in the city or tunnels the Old-worm knew about. somewhere we could go to avoid getting bombed.

They would have to be stupid to chase us straight into our home, into the heart of our power, without stopping to plan an attack. We use that window to escape, then set up shop somewhere else, all the while consuming saber, creating alter. assuming Alter still has the same cursed wounds as Saber, then we need to kill lancer/break his spear before she becomes the true game-breaker, but it would still have been worth it)

but Gil?

we just stood back and let Gil get away?

even though Tohsaka explicitly knows where we live, and Archer is the most likely servant to bombard us with NP from afar.

oh, and both Gil and his master have personal reasons to hate us now?

so its pretty much the same as turning rider against us, but with zero gain?

[X] abandon the manor, our defenses are not strong enough to stand up to a barrage from the GoB and its location is compromised, archer could show up at any moment to nuke us off the map.

i seriously doubt anything we could build could stand up against Gil's rain of NP.

if we attacks us in our home, we are going to die.

The temple that caster used in FSN would make a decent base i guess, was it in use in FZ?

it can only be approached from the path, that's a natural thing, not something caster did, yeah?

dammit, we could have had saber-alter play the part of fake-assassin, guarding the gate.

the can we tap the leyline? or is that a Tohsaka thing?

well, even without that, its still a pretty good option, they would have to locate us again, and one path of attack makes it much easier for Saver to defend.

13. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

>Not a date.

Saver is our future adopted daughter from after we fail to save her and she gets tormented for years before eating the world, so...

I should really hope not. We'll find someone else for her to date.

We'll set her up with Gil. We can probably twist Tohsaka's arm far enough around behind his back for that.

Edit: And we can probably slip enough familiars through his defenses to create another fake body inside of his boundaries. And freak him the hell out, but hey.

Also: We should make more fake bodies. Several more. And set them up with fake Savers in several different apartments throughout town.

14. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

[X] Spend the day on breeding more familiar worms, and designing new specialized breeds.
    -[X] Mass production version of false body worms.
    --[X] Goal: to be able to send several false bodies out on not-a-dates. I mean scouting.

15. Scope

Sakura pretty much LOLNOPEs everything Gil can dishout except for EA.

I don't think Tokiomi is going to aim for the kill, otherwise giving Sakura to the Matou would be pointless if she can't learn any magecraft. He will kill us if necessary, but I don't see him doing that. There is the whole elegance thing too.

Also, CS was used on Gil to make him withdraw/teleport back. Not us letting him leave. Though, pursuing him would have the whole Rider dilemma like if we attacked Team Saber.

16. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

everyone got caught up in the "capture saber/let saber go" debate and just kinda ignored Archer, so he got away.

i'm pretty sure that it was obvious that if we didn't help Saver break the deadlock, then he was going to use command-seals to escape/counterattack, that's why i was voting to kill him via our own command-seal.

17. Scope

Biigoh pretty much said going for the kill on anybody would have Rider against us.

18. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

19. Biigoh

Biigoh Nothing but Innocent Fluff Moderator

Current tally

05 - Jiven, Redon, Malcolmo, hunter09, Happerry

09 - Larekko12, Scia, overmind, Scope, Jans, MacroDaemon, Cherry Lover, Voidling, Vanathor

01 - iamnuff
    [X] abandon the manor, our defenses are not strong enough to stand up to a barrage from the GoB and its location is compromised, archer could show up at any moment to nuke us off the map.

01 - useless101
    [X] Spend the day on breeding more familiar worms, and designing new specialized breeds.
    -[X] Mass production version of false body worms.
    --[X] Goal: to be able to send several false bodies out on not-a-dates. I mean scouting.

01 - Liam-don
    [X] Long walk on the beach with Sakura.

01 - Vindictus
    [X] Enthusiastic walks under the brightly shining moon.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  20. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

[X] Long walk on the beach with Sakura.

21. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] Enthusiastic walks under the brightly shining moon.

22. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

23. Cherry Lover

Cherry Lover Experienced.

Yeah, I don't see Tokiomi liking the idea of flattening the Matou manor. Hell, I'm not sure he can even be certain that Sakura's not inside, and even if she's not he would rather she have a house to return to....

24. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Not just that, he gave Sakura to the Matou so she could learn their magic, killing them and destroying the place where any notes on their magic are placed tends to be rather counterproductive to said goal.
    So we can be pretty sure that unless we force his hand he won't be trying to destroy the manor.

25. Biigoh

Updated Tally

26. Threadmarks: Day 4 / Sisters and a Day Out
    Biigoh

Sleep comes once more and you find yourself submerged within a dreamless darkness.

The voices of the dead muted as if a vast sea [of shadows and endless darkness] separated you from the Matou worms and the souls that dwelled within them [and you].

You float within that darkness... a warm feeling of caring protection enfolding you.

There was a vague sense of danger, but it was far away... a pseudo primordial sea that you floated in, while you enemies and predators stalked beyond. Outside in the cold, beneath a stark and relentless ball of nuclear energies that irradiated all beneath it.

Here, you floated without concern. Without stress. Without the weight of the world pulling you down. Without the enmity of the world crushing your works.

Here... you simply were.

Beloved.

Clad in silence.

Surrounded.

And you float.

There is a vague memory.

Of words.

A sense of power overwhelming.

Rage.

Fear.

Lust.

All the darkness within a man's heart, no all of humanity, frothing within a dark sun that ascends behind you.

"I'm glad, Nee-san. That you came instead of running away," 'you' speak... no, this was Sakura. This was Saver's memories, you knew this instinctively even as you spoke.

You can feel the prana pulsing within you.

Ba Bump...

You can feel the limitless r̯̣̖̯̘͙̔̒ͅā͖̪̝͒͂͋̐̒͑͡gè͎̲͍̭͉͎͂̍ͦ͛͆ ̺͇̙͕͖̪̰͘l̹͕ͨͫ̉̀̕u̵̺̹̜͉̘͎͂͗s̉͗̑͢t̬̪̳̟̠̹̮ ͍̣͖̄ͬ̽f̺̟̻̋ͭ͆̊ͅî̜͇̭̪̦̝͉̅̂̎̎̈́ͬ͠l̬̹ͭͫͤ́ẗ̲̽ͫh̭͈͈̥̑̎ͪ̋̀̓ within you pulse in time to the beat of your heart.

No further words were uttered as you gazed down upon her.

Tohsaka Rin.

Nor did she speak as she brought forth a jeweled sword. Gazing upon it, you can feel a Mystery beyond normal comprehension. A TRUTH of the world and that which lies beyond.

Ahhh... you can see how that sparkling sword that glimmered with the countless hews of the rainbow shake ever so slightly.

"What's wrong, why are you trembling, nee-san?" There is a smile and then a soft laughter from you/Sakura. "Don't tell me you've lost your nerve? All of a sudden, here and now?"

".... Well said. Where's the old man? You're a coward. Doesn't it bother you that he's not there for you to hide behind?" The older girl retorts back at you.

You pause and smiled. And the warm air freezes at the look you deliver to her before you sigh and spoke once more. "Grandfather is gone now. He was a bother. So I crushed him and his assassin."

"I see. So you're free of the bindings laid upon you by Zouken," Your sister spoke after a moment. "There's nothing left for you to fear now that he's dead."

You had to shake your head at the error made by your sister. "Not quite. Not yet. Nee-san. Killing grandfather isn't enough. I'm strong and I can do anything I want. But I'm still bound."

There is a look of confusion on her face at your statement.

"You see, no matter what I do. No matter how... insignificant you are," You raised a delicate hand to your face, covering an eye. "You still won't disappear. You still torment me. In My Mind."

"So... so... as long as you live, I will remain bound," You glared at her with a single crimson eye. The energy within you, without you, nearly flares at the emotion of your words. "I can not be free."

Words held power.

Truths held power.

And you are power incarnate.

Your words are light. And yet... they held the weight of truth.

The words she offers in response do not bear the weight of yours. And yet, they were light delicate jabs. Thrusts at your psyche.

In return, you offer up the truths of the world.

"I'm strong. Everything is forgiven if you bear unrelenting strength," You breath and let the words flow. "Yes, I'm strong and no one can defeat me. Everything I've done will be forgiven. If... If I'm not myself. Everything I've done couldn't be helped..."

You calm yourself and allowed the soothing r̯̣̖̯̘͙̔̒ͅā͖̪̝͒͂͋̐̒͑͡gè͎̲͍̭͉͎͂̍ͦ͛͆ and ̺͇̙͕͖̪̰͘l̹͕ͨͫ̉̀̕u̵̺̹̜͉̘͎͂͗s̉͗̑͢t̬̪̳̟̠̹̮ to simmer once more, to calm your thoughts. "Do you understand, Nee-san? I'm changing. This is what I'm going to become. This is why I can kill anyone and everyone. It is simply natural for me."

"Because I'm no longer human." Your words shine with truth now.

The words of your sister. The mention of S̝̥͇ͨ̈́̀̈́͢h̰͔͙̭̠ͅì̼̹͌r̼̞͍ͪ̄̏͌̀o̤ͩ̏͐ú̋̾. It calms your excitement, and in that calmness, serenity. And in that serenity, you see the truth, you desire him. You will kill him. Quickly. To devour him. To make him YOURS.

At your response, she smiles and swings that sword of hers.

Brilliance.

Infinite Brilliance.

All the colors of reality within and without.

Prana drawn from across the countless worlds of the Kaleidoscope.

A paltry drop against infinity.

You ponder retaliating with a counterstrike of your own with the might of A͚̜̓n̖̘̭̟ġ͙͍̠̫̮̺̗̆̌̇̆ͦͭrͬ͑̔́ȧ̂͆̕ ̼͕̫̼̬̱͌̀ͫ͛̒̚M͖͉̺͆̊̌̒̇ạͥ̐ͭͯͫḯ̱̤ͧͨ̊̏ǹ̷̙̗̟͇̥̥͒͑̚y͖̙̞͍͈̥͛û̈́ and the grail.

Instead... you allowed you to come at you... that wave of infinity.

You can see the look of surprise on your sister's face.

The surprise. The triumph.

The HORROR as you opened your mouth and ate the wave of endless prana. Infinity was added to infinity.

You smiled at her... "That was delicious, nee-san."

And woke up.

The sun was shining in your eyes from where you lay in bed. The dream slowly fading, and yet... you knew it wasn't 'just' a dream. Echoes of memories forged from the Master and Servant bond?

You blink and shifted beneath the blanket.

You don't recall changing and going to bed... perhaps, you are getting old and forgetful. Or the excitement of the battles last night such that it distracted you and you did things on automatic.

The scent of sakura blossoms fill your nose, and there is a warmth softness pressed against your body. A delightful curved softness.

You look down and see Saver... no, Sakura sleeping on top of you.

"Morning," She softly murmured at you.

"Morning, Sakura," You replied with a sigh. This was going to be troublesome, you can tell. This version of Sakura held some... feelings for you. Feelings that were very much unfilial.

You could reject her.

But that would mean hurting her.

And you simply couldn't do that.

Not to Sakura.

Not to any Sakura.

Especially, not to a Sakura who you had failed to save.

- - -

Breakfast was a simple affair, with just the two of you.

Since she had cooked, it was only natural that you wash the dishes. And as you washed the dishes, you can't help but look out the kitchen window and into a perfect winter day.

No ill weather such as snow, blue skies and white puffy clouds. A strong breeze that rustled leaves and grass alike.

This was a day where one went out and enjoyed themselves.

And given that the others would be busy recovering, or attempting to, as well as analyzing the information gathered from the free for all last night... it made sense for you to relax and enjoy yourself.

After all, this was a lull and one took one's rest where one could.

Especially in a war.

- - -
    Kariya Kwest : Day 4 / Sisters and a Day Out
    - - -

What Do?
    [X] A trip to the library... what kind of woman doesn't like books?
    [X] A trip to the seaside...
    [X] A hiking trip to the mountains, best remember to bring some mystic codes and prepare for trouble.
    [X] A trip to the shopping center of Fuyuki with stop overs in stores and cafes...
    [X] Go driving with Sakura...
    [X] Write In like a baus worm man!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  27. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

[X] Go see a movie with Sakura and then grab dinner. Be a perfect gentleworman and treat her to the nicest places in Fuyuki.

28. Scope

[X] A hiking trip to the mountains, best remember to bring some mystic codes and prepare for trouble.

29. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

30. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.