1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

Kariya Kwest [Fate/Zero]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

I will be honest.

I am probably going to be rooting for Kariya/Sakura. Probably. Its depends.

Also, whole "I am sorry" part? I wonder, if that would lead to disaster, or to "Okay." She does have mental pollution C, and while thats not quite batshit insane, is still three ranks too far from being normal.

2. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

Heh, same here, actually. No blood relation, acceptable age difference. Only problem I see is that Kariya right now considers her his daughter and that part will probably go away once he figures out that this is a Sakura from a timeline where he chose not to save her from the worms.

On the apology part. Kariya right now doesn't know that this Sakura isn't a direct result of his failing(from this timeline), so he doesn't know what he did wrong. He thought he saved her, after all.

Once he figures out that she is a different Sakura and we find out if she knows or not, things will hopefully become simpler. Heh, probably not, though.

3. Biigoh

Biigoh Nothing but Innocent Fluff Moderator

So.... people are rooting for SAKURA to NTR Kariya from Aoi, huh... n_n

4. MacroDaemon

Or, you know, for Kariya to give up on Aoi since she's married and find another love interest. It isn't really stealing somebodies love interest, seeing as Aoi is married to somebody else.

5. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

It's not NTR, if the guy is lusting after another man's wife, who doesn't even reciprocate his feelings.

6. Biigoh

Heh... true....

7. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Ideally she's going to be a widow some time soon.

8. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

So... war bride?

9. MacroDaemon

Eh, as long as we don't strangle her, she'll come out of this war better off, anyway. As will Rin.

10. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

>Tokiomi

On one hand, he is Aoi husband, and she actually loves him, it seems. He also sincerely wishes best for his children.

On other hand, he is idiot of epic proportions despite "Hard Work Genius" deal, and best outcome for him after meeting Kariya in conflict and loosing it being depraved of seals, his magical crest, and lots and lots of white hair.

11. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

As far as shipping goes I'm just going to stay out of it and try not to accidentaly wreck anyone's pairing choices.

12. Biigoh

Everyone knows what the TRUE OTP of Fate/Zero is...

T-chan/Zecchan and Iri-sensei~

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Zx54zhOQ4[/embed]​

13. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Saber/Iri, of course. x)

14. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

I loved those two.
    Especially Iri-sensei, whenever she let her true nature shine through.
    The last episode brought me to tears.

15. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

There was nothing idiotic in Tokiomi's decision to give Sakura to Zouken. From his point of view he preserved an ancient magi bloodline and all its knowledge, tightened the relationship between their two families and set the extremely talented Sakura for life rather than cast her out. It wasn't just a mercy, it was a proof of his love for her.

Even the knowledge that it would condemn her to worms' sessions might not have been enough for him to reconsider, considering the whole "magi always live with death" mantra. Discomfort, pain and death are expected in this line of work. The much less invasive Tohsaka crest still leaves the bearer wishing he could rip off his own arm from time to time.

His only miscalulation was that Zouken didn't make her a proper heir, something he couldn't have guessed at considering how old and thus desperate the man should have been.

Then you should have voted for F/Z in Blacksmith Quest! It would have been close enough!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  16. Biigoh

[me=Biigoh]goes off to bed... sorry -_-;[/me]

Work in 7 hours

17. MacroDaemon

:'(

18. Threadmarks: Day 2 / Dreams and Breakfast
    Biigoh

[X] The connections forged between You and Me, Master and Servant, Kariya and Sakura...

You find yourself slowly relaxing into the hug offered by this Sakura.

That warmth.

That comfortable softness. It really did feel like she wasn't wearing anything, that the darkness that wrapped her body existed only as a shadow.

That scent of sakura blossoms hung redolent around the two of you as a mantle that protected you.

And as she cradled you, you find yourself wanting to give into your urges. Aoi. Justeaze. And more names are uttered in the back of your mind, that connection that you held with all the Matou and Zolgens who had passed on. Who had loved and lose or perhaps had only loved from afar.

But you resist.

It wasn't proper.

It wasn't right. This was Sakura.

A traitorous part of your mind murmured that Sakura wasn't related to you by blood. That this was someone that was a could be, a might be, a potential future Sakura, that it wasn't Sakura... really.

You sigh and slowly snuggle the servant you had summoned and rested your head on her shoulder as she hummmed softly.

You slowly relax and fade away into the soft darkness.

- - - ​

"Hey, Sakura-chan. Did I surprise you?"

"No, but your face..."

"Well, you know... I kind of lost to the worms inside me a little. I guess ojiisan isn't as strong as Sakura-chan is."

"Kariya-ojiisan, you're turning into another person, aren't you?"

"Maybe."

"I don't have to go to the bug room tonight. Grandfather said there's going to be a more important ceremony."

"Yeah, I know. That's why I'm going to the basement tonight instead."

"Kariya-ojiisan, are you going away?"

"I'll be busy with an important task for a while. I probably won't have much time to talk to you, Sakura-chan."

"I see."

"Ne, Sakura-chan. When ojiisan is done with his job, why don't we go somewhere and have fun? With your mother and sister?"

"I don't have a mother or sister. Grandfather said I should think that they never even existed."

"I see."

"Ojiisan?"

"Let's take Aoi-san and Rin-chan from the Tohsaka, and go far away. We can play together again, like we used to."

"Can I really see them again?"

"Yes, you will. I promise you that."

"Well, ojiisan has to get going."

"Uhn."

"Bye bye, Kariya-ojiisan."

"Bye bye."

- - - ​

Morning comes.

And you find yourself on your bed, sunlight slowly creeping up upon your body from the window.

Had it been a dream?

A hallucination?

And what was that conversation you vaguely remembered from the dream?

You change from your pajamas into the simple kimono that you favored after your ascension into the position of the head of the Matou.

Simple, dark hues.

While you could wear something more western, you just had no inclination to do so. Not at the moment.

After all, such fashion brought to mind THAT MAN. The one who had married Aoi, who had abandoned Sakura to Zouken/You, to the Matou.

It was irrational, and yet... you were still human in that regard.

Stepping out into the house.

There was a certain feel in the air.

One that made it more... homely.

There was the scent of food.

And the sound of laughter.

Your eyes widened before narrowing and you walked to the kitchen.

Your worse fears are found to be true.

You had summoned a future version of Sakura and she was in your kitchen cooking, and teaching her younger self. Shinji, for his part, just seemed confused as he peered into the doorway.

Stepping into the kitchen, you are exposed to the mysteries of cooking. Something you hadn't had much skill with even when you had lived alone after leaving the Matou household.

It hadn't seemed important then. Your father was the one who handled that, his skills in such was peerless. And you have access to it now.

And yet, and yet... the skills of this Sakura was different. Where Zouken's mastery came from knowledge, hers came from experience and willingness to adapt. He cooked because he loved the act of cooking, she cooked because she cooked for someone she loved.

The slightest of differences, and yet... down different paths.

"Kariya-ojiisan." "Kariya-otousan."

"Sakura-chan here has been telling me some very interesting things," Your servant nodded at you. "That you took her place, ending her visits... down there after five nights."

There was a sense of approval from her words.

"But tell me... what happened to grandfather?" There was a sense of judgement in her tone of voice. As of waiting and watching.

You look down and sigh. "Can we have that discussion later?"

She paused and nodded in acceptance. The dress that she had found... somewhere fit her. A simple white blouse, a lavender skirt and a white apron lend her the presence and image of a housewife.

"Later."

You sigh and try out the breakfast she made.

- - -
    Kariya Kwest : Day 2 / Dreams and Breakfast
    - - - ​

What Do?
    [X] Breakfast, followed by discussions and plans.
    [X] Saver goes out and familiarizes herself with the Fuyuki of the now.
    [X] You receive a phone call, the Einzbern master has arrived on a plane with her servant.
    [X] You check on your familiars and more mundane spies.
    [X] Write In.

19. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

And then

20. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

And then

21. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

And then

22. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

[X] You Saver and Sakura goes out and familiarizes herself with the Fuyuki of the now. Make it seem like a family outing.
    [X] You receive a phone call, the Einzbern master has arrived on a plane with her servant. Investigate.

23. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

... tempted to vote scope...

=< I am unsure.

I GIVE IN

[X] You Saver and Sakura goes out and familiarizes herself with the Fuyuki of the now. Make it seem like a family outing.
    [X] You receive a phone call, the Einzbern master has arrived on a plane with her servant. Investigate.

24. minuseven

minuseven Samsara

The FEELS...

And wait, are we bringing little!Sakura with us in this vote???

25. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

Chibi-Shinji

Needs attention, earlier or later.

26. minuseven

minuseven Samsara

And his drunk of a father. He wasn't at breakfast, so what was he doing, nursing a hangover?
    ... Wait, that's actually a very real possibility. The Matou are so screwed up.

27. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

In addition to all the canon stuff his brother is now his father.
    The man has good reason to drink.

28. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Bring Shinji too.

I don't want him to end up like he does in canon. fuckthatnoiseyo

29. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

[X] Bring Shinji and Sakura in on the plans we make with Saver Sakura. Give them the children's version of the Grail War (bad people in place of other magi, fight with bloodsport, that sort of thing)
    [X] They shall be our Overlords' List-approved 5-year-old advisors. Any plans that are not cleared with 3 of the 4 people present at the breakfast table shall not be implemented (No "TOKIOMIIIIIIIIII!")

30. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Gulie you are perfect.