1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Leabhar Sidhe: Book of Fae

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Latewave, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Your name is ___.

Well for the moment it doesn't matter what your name is right now. It's something to think about later. However the more important thing here is the date. You have finally turned sixteen. Yay. You no longer have the burden of having to deal with That Man. Your Fake Guardian who is as stupid as the sun is bright. Why was he set up to be your guardian? Simply put? he's the only relative you have. Luckily for you he can't touch the family funds. However according to your parents will you no longer have to deal with him starting today. So he can go die in a fire. Or drown. You don't really care. As long as he GTFO's out of your life. He was always such a pain. With the Blah blah blah show respect to your elders Blah blah blah Show proper decorum blah blah. Says the man that drunk away his part of the family fortune and literally leeches off his wife. But let's get away from that. He no longer matters and you no longer care about him.

What really has you worried is the fact that no one has managed your family home for almost four years. Simple things like cleaning bills weren't paid. It's a good thing that your father was left the family business instead of your uncle. But whatever. You paid an exterminator with your own money to at least come and clean this place out. So that's something you don't have to worry about right now.

Your family home isn't really much to talk about. It's not some giant manor or anything. Three stories and a basement. You'd go into what rooms it had but you plan on renovating it. Your father had wanted to renovate the place and you want to at least accomplish one of his dreams. Before that however you want to gather a lot of the old antiques up. But now that you look at all of this in person for the first time in years, four years of dust isn't pretty. the amount you've cleaned up is pretty pitiful. A couple rooms in the first floor are done. That's it. And this room full of old knickknacks your family has been collecting for ages is kicking your ass. Being a bit bored you remember that this room has an old organ under all of this dust somewhere. Looking around you swipe the dust from it and play a few notes. It still works. That's good. You turn around to get the rag and your foot catches the rug. You go falling straight into the organ. You caught your hands on the keys to keep from busting your face.

*THOOOOOOM* *THAUUUUM*

*TWHACK*

"Wha?"

What did you break. That isn't a sound an organ should make. Damn it, you hope it wasn't expensive. You spot a hole in the pillar nearby. You look in it to see what made the hole. And then you realize that it's not a hole but a secret compartment. It has a cloth wrapped object inside of it. You bring it out to look at

You walk off to find a clean chair to sit on. Not that you'll find one. Checking this out has all of your attention at the moment. Brushing off some dust that magically seemed to regather on the junk in the house after you cleaned it you sit in the nearest chair. It's not like you aren't dusty already. You remove the ties and open it to reveal an old leather bound book.

Huh. Wonder why someone decided to hide away a book.

You blink blink and think about that. Didn't one of your grandfathers have a thing about blackmailing people. They never found the evidence but it was always lurking there. Is this that book? It's really interesting to think about. You reach to unbutton the clasp on the book and it catches your finger. Ouch. Your bleeding. You casually suck on your finger as you open the book.

You open it wide. AND The book flies out of your hands as a massive beam of green light erupts out of the book. What looks like cards fly out and zoom off through the windows. What did you do? What was that book? Suddenly you feel really weak as darkness creeps across your eyes. You faint out. What did you do?

Time passes. You wake up not really remembering anything. When did you fall asleep? That was the weirdest dream. Looking down at your watch you conclude that you must have passed out while cleaning. Considering that this place is actually clean. Weird is how you can't actually remember doing so.

So what do you do now?

You should name our little rich boy. :p

And hope the dice are kind as always.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Anon̦̦ likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Randolph Carter.
    [X] Explore the building.

3. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

[x] Jeremiah Femand
    [x] Explore the building.

4. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

[X] Charles Dexter Ward
    [X] Explore the building.

5. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Nickname: Randy.

6. Biigoh

No one gets thd reference I made with the name?

7. Latewave

8. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] Archibald Craven
    [X] Explore the building

9. Latewave

[X]Look Around of course.

Your name is Randolph Carter. Last child of the not stupid Carters. Not that this has changed. Your name anyways. It totally was always Randolph. Totally. Most people call you Randy. You aren't however randy. No bad jokes people.

You look around to see if anything is out of order. Which of course it isn't. You definitely cleaned this place up and fell asleep on the chair. Nothing strange about that. Nothing at all. However why is there a book on the ground. Surely you'd have picked that up and put it somewhere else?

You reach down to pick it up and two figures are now facing you and floating. Can't not notice that little fact.

"WAHahahalagble. How are you floating."

"Because logic."

"That makes no sense."

"Exactly."

The figure on the left elbows the male figure talking.

"Let me speak. I'm the one that has to explain this to him. Unless he wants to listen to what you have to say first. I'm patient enough to wait. Unlike you."

"I'd speak first anyways. I'm more handsome after all. My name is Jester."

The figure has a smile on his face.

You have no idea why.

What now?

10. Moronis

[X] Listen to what the two have to say. These are some strange goings on and if you're one thing it's not dumb.

11. Biigoh

[X] Plan Bii - ALL THE THINGS!
    - - [X] Nod at this jester and his companion in greeting. Clearly the fumes and dust had gotten to you. You were hallucinating.
    - - - - [X] "I'm Randolph Carter. And might I inquire why are you here? And for that matter, what are you? Both of you?

12. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

- - [X] Nod at this jester and his companion in greeting. Clearly the fumes and dust had gotten to you. You were hallucinating.
    - - - - [X] "I'm Randolph Carter. And might I inquire why are you here? And for that matter, what are you? Both of you?

13. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

14. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X]...

15. Latewave

"Oh so forward. Very well."

"I am the Jester. According to the book that you possess I am a Fae. Not that it's true in it's labeling of everything inside as a Fae. Considering that some of the beings inside are man made. I-"

"Let me cut him off before he fills your head with too much nonsense. He's a Fae. Not just to the book. In actuality. So before you do anything with him. Think about how he gains first. It's always him first. Remember that."

"Now now Leab. You can't just ruin my fun."

"Yes I can. I am the one that binds you remember? Or bound you. Whatever. I'm the spirit of the book. I'm here to inform you about what you did. He's here to both mock you and give you a deal which isn't worth the hassle."

"Leab, So cruel. That hit me right in the heart."

"You don't have one."

"Again with the killing blows."

"I'll give you the shorthand real quick. Then you can listen to this fool if you want. Basically this book was sealed. Not to be opened by just any mortal. Sadly you aren't just any mortal. Blood of kings and whatnot. You let out many creatures out into the world. Well more like town area. They can't really leave to far. Secondary bindings and whatnot. The main issue is the fact you let out 26 beings known as the-"

"And as one of the 26 beings, I know that his thuman won't be able to pronounce it. Just like the last king to open the book. Just call them the Arcana. It's easier for his puny brain."

"Fine. The Arcana. The Jester here is one of them. The lead a patronage of cards like themselves that follow a theme. To give an example the followers of the Yukionna are ice related. Each of them has a Familar Card. One that chooses a person to follow and help find the other of the cards under a patron. However there are other cards besides the ones that follow a patron. These are orphan cards. I have a few with me that I can give you. I can give you two and the orphan familar can latch on to you. However I have to let you listen to the Jesters deal first. If you do want to listen to this pain."

"So many biting comments. It's almost as you don't like me Leab. Almost. My counterpart to her deal. Come under my banner. Use my cards to your liking."

"Before you decide on Jester's little plan. I'd like you to notice the fact that he has no familar with him. His cards already have someone they like. Also he's not even here. Just using his ability that allows him to mock the king and get away with it. He's the type to sell someone their soul for the cost of their soul."

"It doesn't matter if my familar likes someone more. I can change that soon enough."

"So Randolph would you like to know more before making a decision?"

16. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

[Z] yes I think I'll Listen to you Leab.

17. Vauron

Vauron Faded Shadow

I'd rather not be under the command of someone who feels like he should be played by John Delancie.
    [X]So, what exactly are these 'Fae' going to do? What do they want in general, and what does the Jester want specifically?
    [X]How big is each suit of cards?
    [X]Go with Leab over the Jester

18. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Take Jester

19. Biigoh

[X]So, what exactly are these 'Fae' going to do? What do they want in general, and what does the Jester want specifically?

20. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

[X] So, what exactly are these 'Fae' going to do? What do they want in general, and what does the Jester want specifically?
    [X] How big is each suit of cards?
    [X] Go with Leab over the Jester

21. Moronis

22. Tackyseven

Tackyseven I trust you know where the happy button is?

23. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] So, what exactly are these 'Fae' going to do? What do they want in general, and what does the Jester want specifically?

24. Latewave

"Good questions."

"Boring."

"You can shut up now Jester. The important people are talking. On what the Fae will do? It just really depends on their personality. Some are peaceful. Some are chaotic. Some are awful creatures. The suit of cards under them is rather difficult to say. Some easily gain new followers while others lag behind having maybe one or two underling cards. Jester here is one that lacks them."

"I don't need underlings."

"And thank you for choosing myself. You'd have more issues going with him I assure you. Now then a choice. I can only contain two of the four orphan cards I hold right now. Pick either the Smash, Shield, Slash or Shot cards. After that we can truly start."

>>OOC here
    Right now is a big decision.
    Choose wisely.
    You can gets Chibi Seiba. :p

25. Vauron

Vauron Faded Shadow

[X] Smash
    [X] Shield

26. Biigoh

[X] Slash
    [X] Shot

27. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Shield
    [X] Slash

28. Tackyseven

Tackyseven I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] shot
    [X] smash

29. ward201

ward201 he/him

[X] shot
    [X] Shield

30. Biigoh

By the by... guys?

Seibaa is famous for Slashing and BEAMING AWAY with....

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKfufVb3ZYE[/embed]