1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

Limits? Limits! (OC Multicross/Original)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by messageboy, Nov 27, 2018.

1. messageboy

messageboy Getting some practice in, huh?

Limits? Limits! (OC Multicross/Original)

Hello, this is something that I am posting to help drive me to spend more time on it with public pressure then keeping it private until I finish it. So I am rather new at showing my stories publicly and know that my sense of grammar is quite bad. So please don't be too harsh with the mistakes I make with grammar, mostly in regards of using past/present/future tenses and style of view (first person, third person and etc). These are things I am aware of and have been improving over the years but it still something quite hard for me.

Anyway, I have already worked out roughly the overall bone of the plot, certain key events, main character. Some of the worlds been selected already and some will be selected later. I just now need to write the meat part of the story to add onto the bone parts.

The main character is original, some of the worlds will be original worlds while some will be franchise worlds yet not many.

So I hope some of you will enjoy this and hope that I will stick to writing it instead of being distracted by other things. It also unlikely that I will change anything majority of the story but some minor things I might. So it fine to be helpful with your advices but be aware that while I will for sure read and think of them, it likely that story won't change or it might. Point is advice is nice but offer it with the expectation that I won't use it for this story, understanding if I don't use your advice that I am not ungrateful for your advice.

Thank you for your time.

2. Threadmarks: Part 1
    messageboy

Part 1:

Shatter piece of memory among many twirls to the front of my view, street of some city with sounds of every day life filling my senses. Metal containers speeding along some of the street, cars and various other vehicles yet my focus is on the faceless person facing towards me in this memory shard. I don't remember the name or face of the stranger?

He isn't a stranger, I could understand due to some vague fact inside of me. It is like I am aware of the relations and experiences with the person but not their name or face, I can't help but confirm that something has messed with me to remove such parts of my shattered memories. My memories are intact but shattered at same time, I am aware of the general details of things before my current situtation. I have knowledge of cars, cities, school, soda, KFC, computers and other details that one would have to live in a concrete modern world.

It is instead the people that seem to have been shattered like a broken spider web, I am aware that I had a family, friends, casual meetings and interactions with other people like myself. What is missing from my shattered memories are the more fine details of those people such as names, faces and even certain events with those people. Whatever has caused my damaged memories seem to target the things that would form connections with others, that is the only thing I can think of since how can you grow close to someone if you never had a name, face or impacting event to form that unforgetable connection. Maybe that is the biggest reason why I am not so emotionally overloaded about my current situation, there is the panic and fear of the unknown, uncertainly of my future but not the despair or sadness of lost.

The situation I have found myself in is standing in a wide grassy plain with nothing modern in view, being kidnapped would have been my first conclusion. In a way, it was a kidnapping but not of what I would expected of men in masks and a van. The kidnapper happens to be some voice without a body within blank space, it wasn't like some empty room or spaceness of universe instead it was more like an empty void. No light, color, sound or anything but the voice. I still not sure if I even had a physical body during the brief moment that I was in that void space, I was so confused and lost that I didn't check or notice my own state, only the surrondings and the voice.

"Error found, cause of abnomably is the individual evolvement of material species Root-X20, self named Humans. Individual human evolved from current set stage into higher stage, abnormably gaining aspect of access connection to Origin as labeled The Root." Clearly still being confused of my current situation I only reacted now with dumbly trying to question the voice that still haven't stopped it's reporting? "What is going on?" My voice didn't seem to be noticed by the voice that hasn't stopped since it started. "Individual newfound ability is marked down with the new label Law Core Soul, normal procedure is to contain abnormablies for future research. Revise, individual abilities are marked as dangerous to project. Increased threat if normal procedures are used, in the event that current recorded procedures are unsuitable to current situation then overseer is given permission to create new procedure for current situation. Considering factors suggest the release of abnormably to a foreign domain with removal of selective memories that would prevent possible return of abnormably into project testing domains."

The damn voice didn't even wait around for my response at the time instead finding myself being ejected from that void place and now in this grassy plains of wildness. I doubt that I would have said anything worthwhile now that I thought back on the memory, since I wasn't silent during the whole period that the voice was reporting. I still remember my confused and scared questions of where I was, what is going on, who the voice was and other things. It is quite clear to me now that the voice didn't care about my thoughts or words, I am really stumped about how I am suppose to feel about my current state.

Simply dumbfounded might be the right state.

My fight and flight instincts kicked in with the sudden change of situation, getting into an alert posture ready to defend myself against the unknown threats nearby and thinking quickly of the next steps to improve my chances of survival within this new wilderness... Nah, I wish. I actually spent some unknown amount of time just standing, sitting or lying there for... Maybe a few hours? That was how mentally unprepared due to everything that has happened to me, now here I am now finally have gathered myself and trying to understand everything.

3. Threadmarks: Part 2
    messageboy

Part 2:

Not knowing what to do next, he could only take some careful glances of the surroundings around himself. Wild is the first thing that he could think of when it came to the location that he has found himself in, grassy plainsland that hasn't been touched by mankind that he remembers in his jumbled memories. 'Wait, what is my name?', there is only the empty blankness in the information that should contain his name, something else to add into the pile that has been stolen from him. Anger and sorrow fills him after being aware that he is lacking a name for himself. 'Should I pick a new one for myself?', repulsion rapidly overtakes his mind at the idea of just so easily picking up a new name to the point that he foolishly decides to forget about the problem of lacking a name and focus on other matters.

"So... I need to figure out where I am. It looks so wild and untouched so could it be some free land in Africa, Russia or Europe?" Considering the possibilities since only those places could have more land than population and contain grass plainlands. "Would I have to walk hundreds of miles just to reach the outskirts of civilization?" Deciding to get moving along now instead of spending more time standing around lost within his thoughts. "I will just head in some random direction, it not like I have the experience to just taste the air to tell which direction the ocean is or do some crazy maths to know what way is north. There is that thing about the sun but is it east or west it rises?" Shaking his head to get rid of such thoughts so that he doesn't waste even more time on them, taking his first steps off towards random direction.

Blaring heat of the sun beams down upon him in the length of time he takes travelling through the grassy plainsland, some hills in the distance with a rare tree of some kind every now and then. Looking off at the unknown far distance of a few mountains and clear skies at the edge of the land bounderies. He doesn't know how much time has passed by since his mind has become slightly numb due to the lack of encountering anything new, forcing himself to focus on walking and not lose himself back into his thoughts. Eventually at some point he could see the appearance of edge of forest in the distance, 'That should be good? forest is nature's food and water pits. There will certainly be food either in fruits or animals and water will be there but finding it will depend on my luck.' hope filling his mind along with life returning back to his eyes at such thoughts to himself.

"The forest is much bigger once up close to it." He thought it would be a big forest from what he saw in the far distance but now that he is right at the outskirts of the forest, it is massive compared to the forests in his memories. It is actually quite intimidating towards him, it feels like the forest is going to just surround and bury him within it's depth. "I could end up getting lost if I enter it right?" His hope of surviving with the help of the forest becomes uncertain until he looks behind him at the endless plains. 'I already lost anyway, so I will just be lost in a place that would have food and water.' Easily gaining back his courage at the thoughts of his situation improving with entering the forest then staying in the past situation.

It only take some minutes entering the forest for the sounds of forest to come alive around him, one of the noises being linked to animals in his mind from his jumbled knowledge. "Excellent, animals means for certainly that there is food and water. I am atleast not cursed enough to find a rare dead forest. I going to need a weapon to defend myself? There might be bears which I will need to run but wolves will be too quick for me and fighting or climbing is the only method." It took him some moments for him to find a strong enough branch that might not break easily, gripping the rough texture of one end of the branch like a club. 'Me cave man.' Chuckling at himself at his inner joke then start exploring the forest for any fruits or water source.

Digging his fingers deeper into the branch in his hands, nervous and scared from within the bush that he is hiding within for good reason. Staring at the parts of the large animal that he could see from his hiding spot, being quick witted enough or cowardly enough to dive quickly into a big enough bush nearby at the sounds of animal growls and movement approaching. 'Fuck me, bear already?' Trying his best to prevent himself from shitting in fear at seeing parts of what look like a giant black bear, wanting so much to wipe away the annoying irritating sweat on his face but his body is frozen out of fear. 'It isn't too close, so hopefully it will just wander off.' Praying with all of his hope that his thoughts become true, watching the bear silently as if to notice the smallest hint that the bear will notice him and come turn him into a ragdoll. 'Horn? What?' Confusion fills him at finally catching the sight of the bear's head where there is large horn on it forehead, that can't be right since bears from his messed up memories don't have such things. 'Is it freak mutation bear?' Did he get lucky enough to encounter some genetic mistake of one of the only rare bears in the wild that grew with a mutation of some kind?

Luckily enough the freaky bear happen to wander off after some time, allowing him to drop out of the bush to rest on the forest floor. He is mentally worn out at his close brush of death in his thoughts, he is certain that nothing like this has happened to him in his memories. He doesn't remember being in any military or survival groups in his memories, there was some movies and game relating to it but it would be stupid to act based on that knowledge. 'I am going to head in the direct opposite direction of that freaky bear.' Using such thoughts to give him the courage to get back up onto his dirty shoes, heading off away from the giant threat to his lost wandering life.

Is this luck or just fact of life? I been wondering which one it is, reason for that is the sight of the clear sparkling river that I have wandered upon running away from that freaky ass bear. "Good, good. I have water to survive, I need to find a place to rest that isn't too close but far from here now." I might not have military or survival experience but it is common logic that water source will be visited by animals daily such as the bear, so setting up too close will threaten my life.

Leading to me now staring up a rather tall tree that contains an enlarged branch that looks like it could easily handle me sleeping on it. 'How am I going to get up there? Climb it? I can't possibly climb a tree so easily, I wasn't some climber or athlete, it is a miracle that I have made it all the way h... Wait, how long have I been walking and why aren't I exhausted?' He is confused at noticing that he is still able to act after having walk for who knows how long but it wasn't something that he could do before. He feels like he been doing a light work out of a casual jog then a heavy full out marathon which he should be feeling, in fact how did he walk non-stop all the way to the forest without stopping to recover from exhaustion?

Even more questions to add to his pile of questions, still should he really question something so positive? Of course, it better that he understands why and how then just accepting it. Still now isn't the time, he needs to secure his daily survival before trying to work out some answers.

'Should I try?' Were the only thoughts required for him to grip onto the rough bark of the tree to dig his fingers in, some of his attempts worked out with his hold staying firm while other times part of the tree would snap off or lose his grip. Ever so slowly leading to him climbing up the truck of the tree, it was more like crawling due to how slow his actions until he eventually encounter some branches that gain him better holds to speed up his climbing. Finally pulling himself onto the abnormal firm branch that he has selected for himself, feeling quite proud of himself in his out of breath state of suceeding in his first climb of the tree.

"This is so strange, I seem to have more energy to do stuff then I used to. Why is this happening to me?"

Last couple of questions to himself out of depression that suddenly overwhelms him upon finding a safe place for himself finally since all of this has happened, allowing his mind to finally relax from the build up of his stress and worries leading to him falling asleep in the branch that is wide enough for him to lie down upon in the tree.

4. Threadmarks: Part 3
    messageboy

Part 3:

It is dark, he would think that he is still asleep if it wasn't for the faint blend of the moon light providing slight outline of things closeby instead of the complete darkness. "I slept long enough for the sun to go down." Being more of a statement to himself than a question, he feels slightly thirsty and hungry at the moment yet the thought that he should be much more thirsty and hungry than this runs through his thoughts. 'Did my body get upgraded to be more efficent?' Such thinking is enough for him to quickly check himself out in the dark, he couldn't see too well but he does look the same from his memories on what he could make out in the dark.

"More and more questions, I will give a penny for an answer." This prompts him to start digging in his few pockets to find a mobile phone and wallet. "How could I forget about these, well I wasn't in a good state of mind before my sleep." Pressing down the button on the phone to wake it, no response comes from the plastic brick in his hand so he holds another button to turn it on since it could be shut down. "Fuck you too." Cursing at the dimly lit screen that display that it has run out of power to start up but enough power to mock him of the fact. Choosing to bury the dead brick back into his pocket since he could charge it back up once he finds cilivization once again, this time opening up the wallet to find some clues within it. There is some coins and money notes, so that should be helpful later but more important is the plastic cards.

Blank, blank and blank. All the cards that should contain personnal information of himself are blank exactly at the spots where his name or other important words should be etched on them. "What... It also affected the items I held on me? Does that also mean that my phone..." Doubt filling him at the same time of staring at his pocket that contains his phone, depressed sigh follows his action of tucking the plastic cards back into his wallet then back into one of his pockets. 'So I have got nearby water source and resting place for now. I can't just live here but it is foolish to try to leave right now. Need to make myself some kind of water container to store drinkable water, collect enough food to last for a while before I can consider leaving the forest otherwise it would become a gamble. Would I find civilization soon after leaving the forest or keep wandering for days without food and water.'

Having a plan or goal is enough for most people to gain hope and confidence, same applies to himself with smiling in victory of finally having some direction in his life... "Wait... How would I make a water container? I think wood wouldn't work, no way in hell that I can make plastic or metal. So I will need to use the hide of some animal? Their stomach?" He felt sick at the idea of his drinking flask being the stomach of some animal. 'Why didn't I join the military or took part in some survival group in my life! I don't know how to turn hide or stomach into a water container. Hell, this might not be possible since this is only knowledge from some survival games or movies.' Anger growing at himself for not preparing himself for when getting lost like this but how could he know that this was going to happen.

Hugging the sturdy stick club in his arms as some kind of spiritual support, lying in the silent tree and trying not to think or do anything, having lost his confidence and will to do anything at the moment in his revelation. 'I can't keep being like this, I give myself some hope then take it away from myself. I know that I am in a bad situation and my chances aren't that good, I need to not hold myself back and become stubborn with my actions to improve my chances. So what if it might fail, so what if it might not help, I will do it anyway and deal with it afterwards.' Pulling himself from his lying posture on the branch into a sitting one during his mental speech to himself, ending it by striking once the tree branch he is resting on with the stick club in his hand as if to declare something to the world.

It didn't look so dark with his vision anymore but that most likely his eyes getting used to the darkness during his self loathing and rant, he thought he couldn't be slower when climbing up the tree but going down it turned out to be even slower due to how dark it is. Turning a blind eye to his cowardly performance a moment ago to consider his options, 'I should drink from the river then search near this tree for any fruits. Is my memory good enough to find this tree again?' pondering over what he could remember in the past day to test out his memory, he found it to be very good infact it seems much better than before he was dumped here but still he couldn't just trust on his memories. Leading to him searching around the forest floor for a jagged rock, it took him longer than he would like in the dark to find one that fits the requirements.

So starts his short trip from his safe place after marking the tree with a big sigil, leading to him marking various trees on the way to the river with smaller sigils to allow him to be able to find his way back after quenching his growing thirst. Uneventful of finding the river once again to drink from then heading back, just as he wanted.

Too bad that didn't happen for him, being in the middle of drinking happily from the river until being interrupted by sudden pain from his leg. Painful scream coming out of him at feeling what feels like teeth, looking backwards to the sight of seeing some super sized rat digging into his flesh with it's sharp teeth. "Fucking get off!" Panickly shouting at the dangerous animal with trying to kick it away with his other foot while swinging his bleeding leg that is latched on by the rat to throw it off. The overgrown rat is either thrown off or decides to let go so it could aim for more damaging location on the human it has found. Picking up the stick that he has put down to drink from the river, leading into wildly swinging it at the overgrown rat out of pain and fear. "Why the fuck is there a drugged up rat." Shouting out loud with no purpose but to vent himself of the panic that he is drowing inside into something better such as anger. It doesn't help with his wild swings that doesn't even come close to hitting the rat who is much more composed instead of the bleeding human.

Things didn't improve for him with every movement done by the rat sending him panicking and reacting with wild swings just to keep the rat away from him, there would have to be a change at some point and the one to pull that off is the rat that avoid the swing enough to chomp down on his foot. He isn't used to pain, it is something that is rare to happen to him and so now that it happens he can't control himself as he falls backwards onto the ground in reaction to the sudden sharp pain. Leading to massive opening for the rat to start biting and clawing upon his legs, opening even more bleeding wounds until he ends up luckily swinging the stick into the head of the rat. Relief filling his mind at the lack of new painful wounds being opened on his legs, the wider distance between them and sight of him batting that rat away like a home run.

Hopefully that is enough to deal with the rat, such hopeful thoughts are broken from his mind at the sight of the rat starting to move from it's crumbled pile from the fall. "Shit shit shit." He couldn't stop himself from cursing in fear but he struggles to get up on his bleeding legs. Raising up his stick like club that gave him some confidence from it's performance in the last hit, "Calm, don't swing unless you hit. Shit calm down." trying to calm down his fear that has been instill inside of him from what the rat has done to him so far. It didn't seem like the rat was going to wait around anymore as it looks enraged by the damage done to it unlike the cowardly fear from himself. "I need to be faster, faster!" Willing himself to be faster than the leaping rat quick from the ground, only to feel something strange outside of the pain wrecking his nerves and looking at the rat that somehow slowed down to a crawl float towards him in it's leap. He didn't have the time to try to figure out what is going on, choosing to just take the gift that is given to him by swinging the poor club in his hand which clearly moves quickly in his vision against the center of the rat's head.

Loud crunch fills his ears at the same time of seeing the sight of the rat's head bending inwards of itself, blood bursting out of the dented head that has been bashed in by his stick. The body of the dead rat impacting the ground as he stands there in stunned silence, his mind still lagging behind his victory against the overgrown rat. His body reacted first with everything seem to speed back up in his vision, dropping down on the ground out of true exhaustion for the first time since he found himself here. His body feels so heavy and sore, he couldn't understand why it felt like he had used up more energy in that short dangerous encounter then everything that he has done before the fight.

Just the movement of trying to check out his bleeding legs of the wounds on them feels like his entire body is weighted down. "Why?"

5. Threadmarks: Part 4
    messageboy

Part 4:

Breath of relief for the first time since the deadly encounter with the drugged up rat, lying down next to the tree that he has labeled as his resting spot. It took so long to get back here after the fight that the darkness is already gone with the light of the rising sun filling the forest, thinking back to everything it took to get him back to some place that he felt safe causes him to break out in nervous fright. The fact that he didn't encounter any other dangerous animals during the period of time it took for him to recover from his strange lack of energy and tiredness, he isn't sure how long it took but maybe it was close to half a hour to be able to recover enough to start checking out his wounds. Spending around the same amount of time cleaning up the wounds with the water of the river, ripping apart most of his pants into the ripped shorts that they are now since the pants already had holes on the majority of his legs. So he decided to rip up the rest of the leggings of his pants to turn into makeshift bandages for his wounds, looking down at his dried dark red soaked bandages that look like rags than poor dressings, clearly displays the lack of experience or knowledge he had on it but certainly is better than just leaving his wounds alone.

The return trip from the river ended up being both horrible yet better due to so many different factors from his trip to the river, for one the sigil markings on the tree along with the morning arriving closer made it confident of his path back. On the other hand there were his wounds that seem to want to remind him of how he got pushed around by some druggie rat, pain causing him to slow down his movements in his cowardice to hide from any future or increased hurt. Another factor is the dead rat that he has sling over his shoulder, trying to use the majority of his back and shoulder to carry the dead bastard since he doubts he be able to just carry it by hand in his current condition. All of those factors added to his beaten down mentality lead to him taking around three times the length on the way back then it took to arrive at the river.

"Bastard, hope you burning in rat hell due to your over drugging."

So badly wanting to just pound on the rat corpse with his red tip stick, thinking the only way that there could be such a large rat is due to experimental drugs being consume by it, maybe it escaped from some russian blacklist lab or got into the waste dump of one. "Shit. Does that mean, I am infected and going to turn into some mutant or die from disease." Panic eyes checking over his poorly bandaged wounds until just resting his head against the tree in defeat, "There nothing I could do anyway if that was true in the middle of nowhere." choosing to act like a naive child and selectively forget about such possible results.

It took him some moments to check out the corpse next to him, 'Should I butcher it? I do need to eat but who knows what drugs could be in such a drugged up rat. I could try to make water container out of the hide. Wait, wouldn't the water from the river be good for cleaning the hide?' bangs his head against the tree in annoyance at himself. "Why the fuck, did I not do it at the river. Stupid fucking idiot." Why must he have such stupid moments, even if he was coming out of an exhausted panic state but still.

"Can I just give up already?"

Wasn't easy for him to recover from the impacts and depression of his recent experiences, sitting there against the tree foolishly for god knows how long before he fully regain the will to actually do anything. The hungry growl might be the only thing that actually pulled him out of his despair, digging around inside one of his pocket for his jagged rock to inspect. The rock is jagged enough to allow him to mark the trees but it wasn't enough to allow him to butcher the rat, 'Do I need to find another rock to sharpen this one up? That going to take a while.' being quite reluctant to do such even if he knows that he had to. "Bastard rat, still causing me trouble. First with your." Suddenly thinking of something during his rant at his dead nemesis, he pulls the corpse closer to allow him to pull open the damaged face of the rat and inspecting it's teeth. Good amount of them were still quite good while few were damaged in some way, tugging on a few of the good ones to find any that happen to be loose, he didn't even notice the oddity of the rat having sharp row of teeth more suitable for a wolf then teeth that smaller rats from his memories.

So it was with the clever checking of the rat's teeth, brutal use of anger filled rock to the mouth and mocking jeers of insults to the corpse of his nemesis. He ends up with one rather sharp long dirty tooth that he has ripped some of his jumper to tie around the base of the tooth as a handle. Staring down silently at the rough looking tooth dagger brings tears to his eyes, literally he ends up starting to cry at his success of gaining a decent tool that would improve his chances of surviving in this hell that he been forced into.

Now begins the next difficult task of skinning the corpse, he has no clue of how best to skin something so decides to make the less amount of cuts as possible, abandoning the damage head leads to him using the tooth dagger to roughly rip apart the hide around the neck of the rat. Next up is digging into the rough hide from the neck position down it's chest and stomach to it's tail, just this alone took him a lot of effort and time before he decides to cut around the tail. Handling the gore and blood coming out of the new openings like a man, that part is a lie. He actually felt slightly sick from the sight of the blood but even wanted to thrown up when the gore insides show up in his view, stopping at times to try to handle how ill he felt from opening up the corpse.

The end result eventually is a pile of bloody gore and remains that he has discarded some distance away from his tree to the best of his efforts in his wounded state, returning back to the tree to look at the bloody remains of select amount of hide he is keeping along with bloody meat of the rat that he choosing to cook for food. Building of a small camp fire along with cutting suitable stick to make kebab out of the meat ended up as child's play compared to the butchering.

So there he sits next to a bloody hide in front of the flickering orange flames of the contained fire, having few sticks inserted in the ground to hang over the fire where the slow cooking meat of the rat is impaled upon the ends. "My nemesis will be the foundation to make me stronger." Not having anything else to do during his eyeing of his outdoors cooking, he still not sure if he going to head back to the river to clean and work on the hide or rest up for his wounds to recover more first. This leads to his mind wandering between speaking various things to keep his sanity and mulling over various thoughts too.

"Still what happen during the fight? I really should have died, would have if the rat didn't suddenly slow down. I don't have the experience or was even calm enough to react normally, only reason I manage to kill the bastard is due to it suddenly slowing down so much that I had enough time to carefully think, aim and hit it. Then there is the mystery of why I was so exhausted from that fight, the two must be linked."

Trying to rack his mind through multiple thoughts to figure out the mystery as he pokes some of the burning wood with a stick, being careful not to catch his stick on fire during his pondering. "Well let do like the scientist then, repeat the situation and record the results... Fuck finding another nemesis, let just decide to not do that." Chucking aside the stick in anger at the thought of trying to find another dangerous animal, he isn't that stupid.

"Well first, I doubt it was the rat that slow down but that I speed up? I am not completely sure but I remember other things behind the rat slowing down too. So did I control time and slow down the world?" Ponders over that for some moments before denying it. "I doubt it but who knows." Lifting up a hand to the sky as he tries to strongly believe, 'Slow, slow, slow. Slow down the world... Please world slow down for me?' his thoughts slowly losing his confidence as he didn't see anything different after doing this for some minutes. Drops his hand with some embarassment, "Yeah, figures." checking out the fire to hide away from his shameful act.

"I can't slow down time, still the rat was slower for sure... Maybe it more the fact that I was faster, I do remember wanting so badly to be faster in the moment. Faster, faster, I want to be faster." Choosing not to do a pose this time instead just willing for himself to be faster while staring at the fire. Strange feeling from that time reappears as if something inside of himself is becoming empty over time, almost ignoring the feeling over the wonders of watching the standard flicking fire suddenly slowed down where he could carefully study the changes within the flames. The slight drops of fat that he used to have trouble following, turns into sparkingly gems of fatty oil that slowly float from the meat into the flames. It felt like he sat there for minutes staring in suprise wonder of the whole new view in front of himself, snapping out of his daze from the exhaustion that fills his mind along with everything speeding back up again, misunderstanding that he was only like that for a second or two at most instead of the minutes that he felt.

"How can I do that?"

He not sure if he actively thought back to it or his words just trigger his own mind to remind him but he suddenly replay the memories of his short interaction with the 'Overseer' leading to him mumbling out to himself.

"Law Core Soul?"

GURUspace likes this.
  6. Threadmarks: Part 5
    messageboy

Part 5:

Sitting there in silence from the daze look in his eyes that is lost within his thoughts before the cooking rat kebabs, it took him a while to snap out of his deep thinking to take notice of the meat that been overcooking for a while from the charcoal that is forming from the cooked meat. "Crap!" Quickly pulling the sticks out of the ground to take the meat out of the fire until his hands ended up full of the cooked meat sticks, forcing all of them except one back into the ground to allow himself to eat the remaining one in his hand.

He couldn't prevent himself from frowning and heaving during his first bite of the meat, tough, gamey with some kind of horrible taste that reminds him of blood. His taste buds loudly complains to him about encountering such horrible food, thinking back over his memories to discover that he almost never ate anything gamey, no longer surprise at his body reaction poorly to his horrible cooking. Anyone would have violent reaction if they only ate things that could be consider food for kings then having their first taste of what slaves would be given, possibly worst than that due to his terrible skills of butchering and cooking.

"This sucks, still got to eat... Do I? ...Sadly yes." Thinking if he could get away with no eating this meat, being wise enough to endure his disgust to eat down as much of the meat that he could stomach in both the amount and his will to not throw up. "Even after death, my nemesis is still trying to kill me." Staring at the remaining few cooked meat with a death glare, sounds of nearby movement causes his mind to jump in fright and panic as he looks towards the direction of the noise. His blood seem to come to a halt in his body at the sight of another damn overgrown rat peering out towards him from close bush, 'Did my nemesis revive?!?!' he didn't even think of fighting the new rat but how to flee since he still haunted from the recent experience and know his body is still injured.

First thing that he did was throw the two sticks of remaining cooked meat right at the giant rat, not sure if he did it on purpose or he was lucky that he automatically just threw something at the evil rat with the food being the closest stuff. Either way it was good for him since the rat was first aggressive at his offensive actions until it smell the cooked meat and decide to devour the meat first before the human. This gave him enough time to pull himself against the tree, enduring the pain of his sore legs being used to fanatically climb up the tree the quickest that he has done so far until reaching his goal of the safety of the very high branch from the rat.

"Why the hell is there another drugged up rat, it is understandable for there be one accidental rat mutation but two? Could it be some kind of genetic mutation from first drugger rat?"

Peering over the wide branch that he is resting his sore complaining legs that most likely have a few lightly bleeding again due to his careless movements, he doesn't care about his injuries at the moment with wondering if the rat will climb up the tree to his safety nest. Damn rat is clearly exploring his campsite with eyeing the fire that hasn't been feed any new wood for while, it didn't seem like the horrible villian is going to climb up the tree to get at him either he isn't interesting to the rat or maybe it couldn't climb the tree. Starting to calm down that he felt safe from the source of his new found trauma caused by his first close death encounter, once calming mind quickly is filled with anger at the sight of the damn rat starting to sniff and chew on the rat hide that he plan to work on.

"Stop that, you fucking rat. Don't mess with my trophy, are you trying to fuck with me because you related to my nemesis! If you don't leave me and my stuff alone, I will hunt down your entire bloodline!"

Only response from the rat at the human yelling at it is to look up at him for some moments before going back to chewing on the hide for some unknown reason, ignoring the loud noise coming from the out of reach prey.

Getting bored of cursing the stupid rat leads to him resting on the branch that he believes will protect him from any danger, not having the courage to kill the rat even with his new found powers, fact that he still feels slightly exhausted helping to convince him not to attempt using his power. He isn't sure about the exhaustion other than the vague idea that he might have limited resource to use his power like mana points for spell from games that he can remember in his memories. It would be stupid of him to depend on a power that he doesn't understand enough to know the limits and usage of, he might not even be able to use his powers again until even the hints of exhaustion is completely gone. Trying not to openly admit that his cowardice is a major factor of hiding from the rat unlike the last time when he was cornered, his mentality has been built up in the safety of society and leading him to leaning more on flight rather than fight.

He is very disappointed at his own cowardly mentality that has been formed by what he can gathered from his memories, not having anything else he could really do while the devil rat is lurking about underneath him, so he might as well go over his own memories and face his current issue. "Am I a coward by nature?" Looking through his memories that come to him much more easily and clear now, he could see that during childhood he was much more aggressive and would get into lots of childish fights. The fact that society frowns down on such acts, leading to him receiving negatitive actions and results in return from society. He had eventually learnt that he would be get less hassles and problems from rest of society if he adopted more peaceful, avoidance and fleeing mindset which help mixed into society instead of standing out like a odd puzzle piece.

"So I just got brainwashed, not that I am naturally a coward. I need to fix my mindset if I want to survive long enough to reach cilivization." Not being blind to such a clear fault that is currently risking his survival rate, he wants to curse his own horrible luck of being dump in the part of the world that happen to have wilderness and mutated animals. "God, hope it isn't near chernobyl. That would explain so many mutated animals."

"Hey uncle nemesis, you still there?" Peeking over the branch for some moments until he notice the rat still lingering around the tree, causing him to sigh in annoyance of the pest still hanging around. "I hope a cat comes by and eat you."

Resting upon his back once again on the branch to do the only thing he could think of doing at the moment which is pondering over his thoughts. 'Law Core Soul? That seem to be the name of my power, it is able to speed myself up and uses some kind of energy resource inside of myself. I don't know a lot of my power but it is better than nothing. Surprising that I didn't notice the additional energy inside of myself, didn't notice it until the first time I used it even then it is only now that I have a better grasp of it's existence.' Closing his eyes to block off his sense of vision to better focus on the pool of energy he could grasp inside of himself, he can't clearly figure out how big the pool is but he can feel how full it is. Currently feeling that his energy pool is still recovering from last usage in front of the fire, being no where near full since it hasn't been that long from being emptied.

'I feel weaker when the energy is empty and there also the fact that I hardly felt tired before the fight, so could the energy be providing some kind of passive benefit to my body when it isn't low or empty? So after using it up in the fight, I became too exhausted to even move due to injuries and build up from activities before the fight? It wasn't too long between using it at the fire to the arrival of the rat yet I still was able to climb the tree. So I would only become disable by using up all my energy when injuried enough or carrying negative influences before hand.'

Rolls over slightly to look down from the branch once again, "Hey devil rat, you are polite enough to make your own grave." choosing to mock the devil upon discovering it once again after carefully looking around since it is digging among some bushes instead of being in the open under him, hiding upon the branch once again into his self study of his powers.

Thinking about his chances of just taking on the rat for some moments until shaking his head, looking down at his legs that will clearly give him trouble. 'My legs need to recover, heal back to before the fight. Be great to heal completely right now.' Wishful thinking on his part until he could feel his new found energy disappearing within the pool inside of himself, widening his eyes in shock and confusion since he didn't will himself to be faster, quickly looking around to see if he has speed up but not noticing any difference.

"...Could it be?" Possible thought enter his mind at remembering what he last wanted, looking down at his legs that he is rapidly unwrapping one of the makeshift bandages. Pulling away the blood crusted rag off one of his bite wounds show that the wound is still there, taking him some moments to notice that the wound look smaller than the one in his memories and possiblity even cleaner. Choosing to tie the dirty bandage back over the lessen wound then changing to one of the scratches that wasn't too bad, opening up the rag for that one to reveal that the scratch wound is now missing from his leg. It didn't take him long to inspect each of his wounds to work out which ones are now completely recovered and which are just slightly better.

"It actually worked, it didn't completely recover my wounds. Could it be that my power is too weak or that I am lacking enough energy? What is my power, it isn't just making me faster but seems more like a wish granting power." Thinking back to the multiple times he has used or tried to use his powers to try to gain a better understanding. "It didn't work when I try to slow the world, fact that I remember my energy not responding should mean that was invalid usage of my power... Law Core Soul... Could the name actually hint to what my power does, is it related to actual laws like law of gravity? Once again is the issue of that failure of slowing the world, that would be law of time... Maybe it isn't about the subject but the target?"

Flash backs of the memories of speeding himself up to kill the first rat, "First time my body and senses seem to have been boosted or speed up." next time was the same with the speeding up of himself and now there is the recovery of his wounds. "Every time the target was only myself, either I need a certain target to lock onto or can only affect myself." Fully pleased smile spreads on his face for the first time since finding himself in the plains, he couldn't prevent the surge of happiness that fills his entire body. He still doesn't know enough about his power but what he has worked out already is enough to give him a foundation of hope that won't ever go away unless he lost his power, he now finally felt like he could survive no matter what.

So the first thing he is going to do now with his new found confidence, is to use the energy that will recover every roughly half a hour to a hour to completely recover his body... Then...

He rolls over to look down from the branch until his eyes firmly lock onto the lurking rat on the forest ground with excited smile on his face, not even his cowardly mindset can overpower his newfound confidence against his new nemesis.

GURUspace likes this.
  7. Threadmarks: Part 6
    messageboy

Part 6:

Sensation of the unique energy in his core disappearing like a mist leaking out of a bottle is becoming very familiar to him now, he has been spending the last few hours reusing his power to cure his injuries, during the entire time he could only lie there pondering over his thoughts and yelling insults down at the rat for his energy to recharge. Last dark coloured crusted rag is taken off the final bite wound on his leg, remembering how nasty that single wound was out of all of them due to being the first bite that he received when he was distracted at the river, shivering in fright from the clear memory of his old wound being deep enough to show the bone deep inside. Understanding that if it wasn't for his power then that wound out of the others would have never fully recovered naturally, brushing his legs to convince himself of his recovery outside of the dried blood that he will have to clean off later.

"I won't be held back by my injuries anymore, the question now is to wait for the energy to refresh or take on the rat without my ace card." He is certain of facing the rat but to do so without his power ready just in case makes him reluctant that feeds into his cowardice mindset, struggling to himself mentality for some moments til he finally came to a firm decision.

Been some time since he last seen sight of the rat, not being surprised that it wouldn't stay in clear sight after the few hours he spent recovering but expect it to be lurking somewhere close by, most likely will show up once again when he gets onto the ground. 'I need to fix my mindset, last fight started with being sneak attacked and going into it panicking and injuried.' Carefully climbing down the side of the tree towards the ground, fact that his legs felt strong and painless leads to good boost to his confidence.

First choice of actions at the moment of touching the forest floor is to head over to his abandoned club stick that has experience of killing his first nemesis, securing a firm grip of it in his hand then quickly twisting around his head to check the environment all around himself for any movements. No evidence of movement nearby, he couldn't just do nothing and stay alert the entire time yet isn't going to let down his guard either. Stepping over slowly to check out the discard rat hide of his first kill, using the stick in his hand to shift it around enough to notice all the holes and damage done to it by his hidden foe. "Bastard will become my new trophy. Oh, where my dagger?"

Reminder of his proud tooth dagger causes him to quickly discard the damaged old hide, looking around for some moments until finding the makeshift dagger near the dead campfire, slipping it into one of his pockets so that he doesn't lose it so easily this time. "Did it actually leave?" Doing another check of the surroundings for the overgrown rat, eyes locking onto the sight of the rat slowly approaching him when he was distracted by recovery of his dagger, being caught by surprise causes him to react by jumping backwards away from the rat in cowardice.

'Damnit, taken by surprise made me react first with my cowardly mindset.' Gritting his teeth in annoyance at himself, having decided right away to not follow that old mindset and force himself to grow into a better one. "Lets go!" Yelling out at the rat that is confidently moving closer, trying to pump himself up as he takes a few steps towards the rat to close the distance between them. Quickly using the decision to get close enough to the rat to quick jab it with the stick, plan didn't work out since the rat decides to make sure of it's strong leaping capabilities to dart at him with a burst of speed. Forcing him to act second against the rat by placing his stick in the path between himself and the leaping rat, leading to the events of the rat clomping down on the stick that shoves away from him to sling the rat. Sounds of the impact of the rat tumbling on the ground few steps away, quick glance down at the new damage done to his stick by the sharp teeth of the rat before moving close to the disrupted rat.

'Quick, I need to take advantage before it gets into better position.' Swinging his arm through the air that pulls along the stick down at the shuffling rat, screech of pain from the animal makes his blood boil even more in his veins in joy, not being sure where he hit the rat since he just wanted to land the hit anywhere then to target a certain part. Careless starts to celebrate his victory that is cut short by the still living rat that quickly lung at him, panic and shock filling his mind as he automatically tries to flee which actually prove to be helpful this time. Roughly landing on the ground a few steps away from the rat that almost clomp part of his body, tumbling onto his ass would have provided a good chance for the rat if it wasn't for the luck of his last hit injurying the hind leg of the rat. Current situation of two foes staring at each other with one trying to get closer with a lame leg and the other needing to recover by the unexpected results. He wasn't stupid, so quickly understanding his advantage leads to him getting back up with his club stick before repeatly bashing it against the skull of the rat that has lost big part of it's mobility.

Few minutes past for him to pause his swinging of the stick that is even more bloodied from it's recent kill, he could easily tell that he went a bit overkill with the number of hits, having killed it certainly by the third hit to the head. "That was too close, I thought the first hit would have kill it like the first fight. Did I get weaker somehow?" Running through his memories of his first fight with his body slowly calming down from it's blood boiling high. "In that fight, I hit the rat while using my power. So I was faster than now, of course. That means my swing had more speed which is additional force behind my hit." Sigh leaks out of him at figuring out why he didn't kill the rat with single hit and reminds himself to not let down his guard until after his victory.

Checking himself over for any unexpected wounds or surprises, finding nothing with the fact that he didn't even feel tired from that fight allow him to easily decide his next course of action. Making use of the tail of the rat corpse to lift it up over his shoulder, heading off towards the river to finally try to make his first water container. Only taking a few steps into a slow stop, 'Isn't there some kind of bleeding that you need to do after a hunt?' not being sure about his thoughts since it was just something from games or movies instead of any solid source in his memories. 'What is the harm?' Taking the time during his stop to make use of his tooth dagger to rip open a big enough wound into the neck of the dead rat, making use of carrying it upside down over his back to allow the blood to bleed out on his way to the river.

His arrival at the river is quite peaceful, there isn't any animals near it at the moment and didn't encounter anything on the way. Dumping the corpse on the bank that stop bleeding recently during the trip, enjoying the fresh water to rid away his slight thirst then deciding to give himself a bath to clean up. Not wasting much time since he didn't have any soap or anything to make the bath enjoyable, so just focusing on doing a quick clean up. Feeling slight disgust at having to put on the same clothes that is at this point look closer to rags by how dirty and damage that been done to his clothes, even after doing a quick wash in the river. "I can't do anything about it really." Trying to comfort himself with the reality of his situation, ignoring his condition next to start work on the hide of the rat corpse.

Most haunting sound that he has ever heard fills his ears, 'No, no, no, no.' eyes spread wide in fear even when his head is turning to allow him to get a view on the thing that made that sound. What comes into his sight is the mutated bear that is slowly walking between the trees towards the river, sniffing the air casually and releasing the deep growl that only large animal like a bear would make.

'Why?!?!'

8. Threadmarks: Part 7
    messageboy

Part 7:

Panic, panic and panic! Those were the only words to describe his state of mind at the moment, he couldn't even think of facing the massive bear at this moment that is getting closer and eventually will lock onto him. His memories where bears were one of the feared creatures made him afraid, his past experience with having life and dead fights with just a rat made that fear multiple.

'Flee! Must flee!' Such thoughts dominated his mind with not allowing for any thing else, if it wasn't the fear and surprise of seeing the bear then he would already be running by now. It is only now after wasting so much time being frozen in fear that he started to move, directly abandoning the rat corpse that he was in the middle of butchering yet having enough sense of mind to grip his poor club in his hand.

His movement became the trigger for the monsterous bear to finally take notice of the human, halting it sniffing of the bloody scent in the air to take in the prey not far away. 'Bear is still quite many steps away, bears aren't suppose to be fast. I should be able to get away with the distance.' Tighten body loosen slightly from the calming thought of his deduction of his chances, smoothly turning into a dash down the river to escape the bear.

Heat, intense powering heat flash through his mind at the same time that something red past by him, narrowly missing him to impact against the ground in front of himself. Object bursting apart into a wider area, his mind catching up enough to understood that he saw a ball of fire exploding in front of him into a field of flames. That fact only leads to more confusion and locking up his mind, let alone his body that tumbles backwards into falling onto the dirt. 'What? Where did the fire come from?' Being blindsided enough to forget about the great threat of the bear to question reality itself, light seem to slip away from around him with the approach of a large shadow in his sight. Difference in his daze sight causing his mind to focus enough to look behind him to see the massive bear rearing it's giant arm back to bring down upon him.

"No!" Only thing he could cry out along with his body roughly rolling over out of the range of the paw, loud impacting sound filling his ears along with the trembling of the ground that he desperately rolled upon. Fixing his sights on the bear enough to notice the paw that is sunken into the ground from the amount of strenght used by the beast, fear mixed heavily with the desire to live hounds his mind. Getting up from his lying position to find his hand still gripping the bloody stick club. 'I can't escape anymore, there is the unknown fire but now the bear is right next to me. I need to kill it.' Coming to his decision quickly in his horrible situation but with grim desire to live then the hopeful confidence of victory that he had against the rat.

Small action of the bear simply turning it's head to roar at him, made his legs shake and heart to beat fast enough to drown out his ears. 'First get behind it, it should be slow to turn.' He might have a cowardice mindset that lead to his poor performances in the past but his thoughts show that he wasn't an idiot and had the flair for combat. Moving to circle around the massive bear that is easily three times his size or more, being cornered leaving him no choice other than to go all in. Response of the bear is to keep it's prey within sight while being slower in turning but not enough to lose sight of him, only enough to make it difficult for the bear to launch an attack with their current positions.

Confidence slowly building up within himself from the lack of life threatening attacks from the bear that seems to be dancing with him at the moment. Feeling safe enough to try to attack the creature during his circling leads to him raising his club to swing it down at the rear side. Thud, sound coming from the impact of the wooden stick against the bear's hide wasn't impressive neither was the effect against the bear, it didn't react in pain or show any reactions at all as if his hit was same as a fly. 'How can the bear be so tough, it didn't even react to my attack. Then what can I do? It can't easily attack me but I can't attack it right now.' Fear filling his once confident heart since he knew it was more likely that he would slip up or get tired before the bear if they just keep this situation going. 'I need to do a decisive hit to a weak point.' Trying his best to notice weak point from the massive animal that he is avoiding around like a fly to a giant, locking on to the head of the bear which seem to be keeping lock on himself during the entire positioning.

'I have to aim for the eyes, try to pierce into the brain.' Working out a possible victory move in this fight yet being reluctant to jump right into it, understanding for him to make a solid attack at the bear's eye then he would have to face possible attack from the immerse strength of the animal. Precious seconds being used by him to build up the courage to follow with his plan, finally breaking off from the equal balance that the fight has been struck in by distancing himself a few steps back into a stable posture.

His arm is raised up above his shoulder that has the club bloody end pointing towards the animal, using his hand to realign the tip to line up to left big eye of the bear who is now facing towards him and releasing another challenging roar. Not allowing the bear to get first action in this new phase of the fight, making use of his power to speed himself up for the second or two that he could use it for. His hand pushing forward under the additional influence of his power that is forcing his club turned stick spear towards the target of the bear eye, he will succeed at this and kill the bear with one strike at it most vulnerable spot... 'Huh? Why is the horn shiny, was it always red?' Couldn't help his eyes noticing the strange horn on the forehead of the bear, vision being speed up catching the odd thing becoming a denser color of red with his spear getting closer to the bear.

Red! Fire! Danger!

Out of nowhere in his speed up sight is the creation of a round ball of flames at the point of the horn of the bear, it physical creation wasn't slow in his vision so that meant it was even faster outside of his boost. Trade of attacks seem to be the outcome in this fight with his most likely being the killing strike except for the flaw of his cowardice mindset. Initinal appearance of the fire that prevented his escape should have made him wary and prepared for second one, sadly he still unable to consider the possibility of the horned bear being the one to create the fire since no bears from his world can do such a thing. His plan to deliever a killing blow was completely depended on his views and memories of normal bears from his world. Even so he could still just accept the trade of attacks but his cowardice of danger and pain forces his body to react, he didn't do anything foolish such as stopping his strike yet his aim that correctly aimed at the eye drifts off course.

Sound of wood breaking fills his sense of hearing over the loud beating of his heart and the roaring of the fire ball coming in front of him. Eyes widening in disbelief and despair of the tip of his wooden stick impacting the edge of the eye on the bear hide instead of the weak eyeball itself. Power of his becoming more like torture at having to watch all the fine lines forming on his weapon, strength between his boosted stab against the tough hide of the bear leading to conflict within his weapon and causing it to shatter into bits of wood. Sight of the ever growing size of the fireball that slowly fills his vision with his power halting from lack of energy, then there is only intense heat and pain within the red firely world of his senses.

Painful screams using the entirely of his lungs fill the forest at the sensation of his flesh burning and more delicate parts of his face experiencing horroric damage, just the fact that he could close his eyes in time help to save him some grace from the hell that he is in. The fire itself didn't seem to last long after impacting on his body, most of the damage being done at the initial impact rather than continuous like normal fire, parts of him still have small flames that were slowly dying off.

His mind at the careless thought that his hell is finally over and done with, loud painful crunch echoes in his senses that was once blinded by flames, opening his painful burnt eyelids along with his neverending screams to find his right arm that stood out after the fail attack. Currently being trapped between the powerful jaws of the bear that he is in the mercy of.

9. Threadmarks: Part 8
    messageboy

Part 8:

------------

Blurry vision resulting from his tears and burn injuries, causing him trouble within the crisis of having the jaws of a massive fire shooting bear crushing his active arm into meat mush. His voice painfully raw and sore from the screams that he is releasing in response to his dying body at the mercy of the bear. Mind trying to go numb in a defense mechanism against the overlord of pain being sent to his brain, pool of energy within his core is empty from the failure of his last strike.

Miracle, luck or last struggle of life brings about the event of his free hand that been hitting weakly against the bear face, trying to free himself til finally finding it gripped around the tooth dagger handle barely hanging on the wreck remains of his burnt clothing. Rapidly ending up into one of the eyes of the bear, taking away the sight from that single eye but only that either due to lack of strength due to his condition or short length of the dagger. He only wishes that the dagger to the eye would be enough for the bear to let go of his mauled disabled arm in it's jaw, response to the damage to it's eye just lead to the bear to bat at the human with one of it giant paws.

Wet bloody sounds of crunch and rip could be heard from the shoulder being rip apart, his arm being kept within the hungry jaws of the one eyed bear and rest of his body being swatted away against the ground. Finding himself on his back with his daze eyes staring up at the blue sky helplessly, not having the energy or will to do anything against the bear that devours his arm like a piece of candy. 'There no chance, I can't escape.'

Ever so approach of the predator that will end his life once and for all, ends up being interrupted by the roar of another predator. Really wanting to ask what now yet unable to do so with his lost voice from the raw screaming moments ago, turning his head that has burnt skin and lacking good amount of hair to allow his eyes to see the arrival of another creature. Appearance of the second creature is like a rhino but different enough to notice, it hide look like stone rather than leather and it teeth is sharp for meat rather than greens.

'Bastards, trying to fight over the half dead meat. Screw you both, neither will get the prize.' Childish anger filling his mind at the thought of him being treated like a drumstick being fought over, turning his head to other side to notice the river being closeby. He would rather drown then to be eating alive, using what is left in his abused body to roll and crawl across the trembling ground under the distraction of the two beasts.

Silence covering him like a blanket of safety, clean cold water soothing to his cooked flesh and bleeding injuries as the river accepts his disposal of his body.

------------

Silence, peace, cold, dark.... Death.... End....

------------

Birth of pair of light orbs in the blue, rebirth of life leading to the explosion of the river surface. Single hand ripping out towards the sky in refusal, to grip the ground. Survive, live, endure. Dig and pull, dig and pull, leaving the accepting grace of cold embrace of the river into the wild harsh nature of the forest.

------------

Pair of cunning fanatic eyes tilted with madness, peers out from the stealthy cover of enviroment belonging to the forest. Unexpecting prey that is unable to flee from the drilling focus that thirst for the life of the rat, patiently waiting from it ambush position. Rustling sound of leaves moving is the only evidence, the one arm man dropping out of the tree above into a fall that unnaturally speeds up. Bloody gore mess is the only remains of the head of the rat under the feet of the man, weight of his drop being unnatural enough to imprint into the very ground itself under the meat and bone remains of the animal's head.

There is only silence from the roughly burnt one armed man after the kill, simply picking up some intact sharp teeth and headless corpse then disappearing among the forest once again.

------------

Clearing contains the burning of a small fire that is being used to cook some raw bloody meat, sitting nearby is dirty rugged man that is wearing poorly crafted hides. Working on a tooth spear with his knee holding on the handle and one hand using a tooth dagger to sharpen up the spear, remaining arm is simply just a shoulder that is stumpy but regrown since the entire shoulder been lost to the bear.

Arriving into the clearing like a curse to the man is some kind of hog with sharpen tusks, sharp light appears in the dull eyes of the man at the arrival of the beast. Smoothly leaving his seat on the forest floor onto his feet then rapid dash towards the hog like animal that responds with it own charge. The two approaching each other like charging lancers, the sharp dangerous tusks look like they would cleanly slice through his bone. No panic, fear or uncertainly hinders his movements except more wild blind disregard for his life, firm grip of his only hand aiming the spear.

All of sudden the movements of the man almost doubles or triples in burst speed, sharp tip of the spear impaling into the eye of the hog that bursts open with bloody foundation at the force behind it. The man being lifted up by the spear from the ground, by the now dead hog, strength and force behind the charge being great enough to push the victor backwards.

Still he is the victor this time, the last one standing for now.

------------

How long has it been since that life changing moment, on the edge of death in the icy cold river. His mind wandering slightly in the chase that he is in, fact that he is the predator chasing a prey instead of the prey is the reason he lost his focus into his thoughts. Each step firmly allowing him to closely chase the strange speedy fox, keeping enough awareness on the fox to catch it's sudden spinning leap in the air, rapidly self growing icle forming in the middle of it jump that shoots back at him. Speed of his pursuit not even slowing down as he comfortably side steps the magical icle during his foward motion, being calm enough to pull it off but also thanks to his much stronger body that has improved during his harsh survival over the weeks that he has spent to reach this point.

'I won't allow my fear to cause my death, death without fear. To flee is to meet my end.'

Such is the base of his new mentality, accept death without regard of living, only fearing fear itself. If advancing will lead to my death, then so be it. I rather die then be held back by my fear ever again. Still fear isn't something you can completely abandon but he will try with the life he has held onto.

Glancing down for brief moment at his half grown arm then back up to the fox, not wanting to be caught by surprise out.

------------

Fresh relief of the cool water flowing down his throat gives him comfort in his current task, looking down at the hide water flask that he now carries on him, pitifully remembering how much trouble he first had trying to get the hide to even try to make it in the first place back before that dreadful day. Recovering himself from his emotional mood to focus back on his goal at the moment, he has been dreaming of this day for weeks or possibly months, it is hard to keep track of time in the forest. Crouching near the base of tree as cover from the view of the cave that he has found to contain his target, one eyed horned bear. The thought of the bastard is enough to cause his entire right arm to twitch in phantom pain, deciding it is time to get his revenge on the one that drove him to hell with having regrown the entirely of his lost arm.

Strange to have lost your active arm, he had to learn how to use his off hand to do everything. Effort he had to sweat and bleed to train his left arm to perform as well as his lost right arm, so many close calls and accidents. It didn't take as much effort to warm up his right arm that finally fully recovered, now he is capable of using either arm at the same standard but he is not going to thank the bastard bear for causing this.

Calming down his breathing that hasten along with his boiling blood at the sight of the massive bear popping into view, heading into the cave that clearly is it home in the forest. There is no way he is going to directly face the bastard, he going to stack the deck into his favour. Confirming his grip on the sharp tooth spear that is only one of the two tied on his back, even having a few tooth daggers as back up weapons in ragged hide belt that he made, it isn't anything to write home about but it does the job. Slowly approaching the cave by making use of stealthy steps to avoid any debris under his feet, pausing in the middle of the short travel to the cave to light up the roughly made torch in the hand not holding the spear.

Without uncertainly, without doubt. Smoothly following each step of the plan that starts by chucking the burning torch into the cave to alarm and force the bear out of the cave, rapidly moving himself off to the left side of the enterance. His free hand fishing into his hide clothing for the stone that he has stashed away, large threatening roar of the bear warning of the impending slaughter that awaits those who disturbed it. Sight of the furious bear is the trigger for him to use his strength to throw the stone across the cave enterance, loud sound of the stone strongly making contact with the ground on the right side of the bear causes it to turn it head to check the noise.

This is where his advantage shows clearly, one that he has earned from the first fight that force him into the lowest pits of despair and death. The damaged right eye of the bear means that it has to turn even more than usual to see with the shorter view angle of it's left eye, giving him the time to safetly charge from his hidden location into spear range before the bear could face him again. He has never forgotten about the fire ball that the bear can produce from it's horn, lesson that he would never forget and biggest reason why he wouldn't charge directly in front of the bear.

By the time the bear head has turned around to see him, already too late for the bear that is facing the incoming sharp tip of the spear towards it's remaining left eye. Current moment brings mad gleam to his eyes at the similar situation from so long ago, his core of energy already being drain at his speed boosted senses and body. Increased reaction of his nerves allowing him to precisely align his spear into the center of the remaining eye of the bear, once again the growing denseness of the red horn catches his enhanced senses. Clever bastard must have learnt many things during the period of time since one of it's eye been taken away, he couldn't have been the only thing around here that would have tried to take advantage of the creature's narrow vision.

'Not this time!' He doesn't even flinch at the sight of the warning of the impending fire ball, deciding firmly on his actions during the brief mere seconds between the spear aiming to impale and the forming heat releasing ball of fire at the end of the horn.

His most important fight comes to an end, good amount of his much solid spear having buried itself through the bloody remains of the bear's eye and directly into the bleeding mess of brain gore. On the other side is his brutally black burnt hand, that he raised during the period of his power speed usage to directly take the blunt of the fire ball. Not even taking a moment to look at his over cooked hand, doesn't matter to him if his entire hand itself is missing.

He is alive and standing, his foe isn't. That is good enough for him.

------------

Today is different from normal, reason is due to what he can see from where he is hiding in the trees. Group of men have appearanced in the forest, walking around with weapons and armor. I am both happy and concern, finally encountering another human but it been who knows how long in this forest, he have gained a lot of doubts about the world he is in after having experienced so many magical and strange things. He is quite certain that he is no longer on his own world, meaning that the group in front of him is more likely to be adventurers instead of a group of cosplayers going camping.

If he still believed that he was still in his world then he would have carelessly approached the group, belief in a friendly modern society. That isn't the case anymore, he is more wise and have better understanding of his situation. Another factor is that he can't understand the language that they are speaking.

What is he suppose to do about that shit?!?

====================
    This part has a lot of time skips over a period of few months, it will go back into previous style from next part on until another suitable moment for time skip.

Each ------ is period of time passing, the amount varies for each.

Any comments will be encouraging. ^^

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    GURUspace likes this.