1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP] Heroes of Might and Magic 2, the Succession Wars.

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Heroes etc. as you see in the title is a game very tightly and closely knit to Might and Magic 6. You might call it the army-wrangling prequel to the first person rpg.

Beyond that, it's difficult to explain.

So I'll begin with someone else's video.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py9tNdQlzI0[/embed]

Don't feel as though you're obliged to pick Archibald just because the video did. Though, also don't feel obliged to pick Roland just because it didn't.

With that said, there's an important choice here.

[img width=600 height=473]http://s25.postimg.org/4vy9aa4f3/2014_03_07_22_17_27_DOSBox_0_74_Cpu_speed_max.png[/img]

Who do we serve? The crowned prince Archibald? Or the exiled prince Roland?

2. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

I'm a bit tempted to pick Archibald just because he has the gigantic balls it took to accuse Roland of the murders he obviously did himself.

3. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Ah, yeah, HoMM2. I remember that.

Also, IIRC, it's entirely possible to switch sides part-way through, so don't worry about it too much, guys.

Personally, though, I'd go for the Good Guys side.

[X] Roland

4. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

What's the point of temptation if you don't do what it tells you?

[X] Archibald

5. Chibi-Reaper

Indeed!

In fact, unless I am drastically mis-remembering, it's possible for you to turn traitor, return to your initial side, and then betray them again.

So, don't assume that loyalty is going to be set in stone the whole way through.

6. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

[X]Archibald.
    Don't turn traitor. Stay on the Dark Side. All the way through. Really, he would have dealt with the Cult of Baa properly. No waiting for four murderhobos to foil them. Just flat out kill them all.

7. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Wait, you mean the four murderhobos aren't going to murder the entire Cult (while being hobos)?

8. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

[X] Roland

I remember this game!
    I also remember being really bad at this game.

9. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

[X] Roland

What better way to troll than to start off with near no resources and army and yet end up (help) taking back the crown?

10. Chibi-Reaper

Roland it is, then.

Playing with the video function of dosbox, so there may or may not be video segments as well as screenshots. Maybe. We'll see.

I guess even after making the video, I'd have to figure out hosting it somewhere. Haven't mucked about with Youtube. Hm.

Edit: Leaning to not! Sorry.

11. Chibi-Reaper

I'm, uh....

.... I think I'm gonna have to put this one on hold. I didn't think it through. Or rather, I did, but I didn't test it out. The game just lends itself... well, really poorly to screenshotting, somehow. The format works pretty well for the Might and Magic game, but after taking screenshots of the first dozen or so turns of the game and realizing I'm showing a whole lot of, really, nothing happening in them...

Uhm, I think that this is a game that really needs videos.

Of course, with that said, I'm having a little trouble getting the video function of dosbox to behave. I figured out how to set it going, but while the test plays back, it only plays audio. Which is no good.

And of course, without a microphone, I won't be talking over it or anything.

So.... just a whole heap of 'mmmmaybe not, huh.' with this one. I'll pick it back up if I can figure a way to do this that isn't terrible.

12. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Prose? You're good with prose.

13. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

And the lack of a microphone isn't so much a problem if you get videos working. You can just use captions.

14. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

I thought you were just going to use screenshots anyway..

15. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

That's what I thought as well.