1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Journal Quest: Alternate

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ryuan, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

Journal Entry #0

Hello? Is anyone listening?

Well regardless of that, I choose to use this journal to record my memories and adventures through my life.

My name is [ryuan], and I died once.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting to go to the paradise. In my own self-assessment, I consider myself an inconsiderable asshole, and those types simply doesn't get an eternal or nearly eternal bliss.

Though Oblivion was a bit too much for my tastes.

Being unable to move myself, to breath, to smell, to taste, to see. I couldn't distinguish up from down, and time lost all meaning. It was maddening.

I tried to pass my time thinking on old plots from anime and movies, to make a world of my own with my imagination, and for a time it worked rather well for a while until the plot ended, the series ended and I was back alone with my own thoughts.

It was then that some unknown entity 'spoke' to me.

"Do you wish to remake your life, to get away from this wretched existence?"

It was difficult for me, but I managed to remember how to talk after a long time, all the while hoping the entity was still listening.

"Yes", I answered simply.

"Good, good. I have just the right thing to make everything more interesting too."

It was then that I woke up when I was only eight, an overweight and awkward kid, while I was in Japan. It was a time when my family had followed my father during the nineties, one of the many dekasegi that exist on the world.

I woke up on my futon, and saw this notebook with a small note attached.

This notebook is connected to a certain forum in another reality. Everything you write they can see, and to some extent you can read what they post to you. Use their help to navigate on your new life.

You are on what you used to call 'Nasuverse', with twenty magic circuits of average quality.

Use them well, and remember: death is final sans True Magic. No Tiger Dojo shenanigans for you~

Well, fuck.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. ryuan

Character Sheet

Name: [ryuan]

Alignment: Selfish Asshole

Baseline Stats

STR e - - - (very bad shape eight years old)
    AGI e - - - (very bad shape eight years old)
    END e - - - (very bad shape eight years old)

Number of Natural Circuits/ Circuits Quality: 20/15
    Circuits Open: 0
    Prana: ~0

3. ryuan

Index

Early Childhood: 0, 1, 2

4. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Keep your head down for 10 years, focus on your mundane education, and move to America. Bout the only way to win in that setting.

5. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Get caught in the Fuyuki Fire; become Shirou Emiya.

6. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

About two years too old for that.

7. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

...How do you know how old Shirou really is?

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

MagicMagecraft.

More seriously though, even with Shirou losing all of his memory, using his mental development and level of education combined with being examined in the hospital for a few weeks should make it possible to narrow his age down enough, to not mistake an eight-year-old for a six-year-old.

Additionally there's the fact, that he seemed to be the same age as his classmates.

9. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

That's because we don't what are the cabals in America.
    I am thinking of demons. True demons.

10. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

And I'm thinking that the shown life expectancy of most of the people shown in the universe is significantly higher for the normal everyday folk that are far away from the traditional seats of power.

11. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Become a kind philanthropist soul.... who does his best to patent troll. start requesting things and we'll forward them to you.

Ignore your magic. It's a whole lot of pain and suffering only to look much bigger and tastier to bad things and it has you too perpetually stuck in the past.

The entire system's a rigged game so that they'll never make true progress without breaking all da things unless you be som miracle go to Fuyuki set up to summon a fully realized Nimrod and get a tower victory.

12. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

There is the fact, that strange things attract other strange things in the Nasuverse, to consider.

Makes laying low a lot harder and being powerless a lot more dangerous.

13. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

My advice is to try to work on both your magic and your physical skills you'll probably need them. Also do your best not to attract the attention of anyone as you are not likely to survive any fights in your current position.

14. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Hello, testing testing...

If you're reading this, it just means that the ROB in charge? Has dropped you to the Nasuverse. Only, instead of your usual SB/Spacebattles dumping that well... Has a bunch of highly trained debaters. You are stuck in 'Questionable Questing', where we can freely discuss NSFW topics in NSFW sections.

Other than the annoying possibility of having your sex live described? Well, I can safely say there's an alternative version of you hopping around dimensions. Knowing you and yourself, there's a chance you two MAY not get along well with each over, if you have the misfortune to end up Dimensional hopping. Then again, there's just as much chance (however unlikely) of being visited by Zelretch some Dimensional hopper.
    -
    Personally, you know a concept known as Lucid Dreaming? If you have nothing else to do, you may want to consider training in that (after Magecraft). Because if you can study/research while dreaming, it could be of minor help. Also, you may want to consider learning about Programming at some point.

15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Find a way to open your circuits. The younger you are, the better.

16. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Put down the book and just live a normal life.

It's the only way to win 0=0

17. Selias

Selias Well worn.

And then he gets eaten by a vampire. Do you really think that whoever put him there will let him live a normal life?

18. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Crap, good point. Well time to open up your circuits. It will hurt like a bitch, but if you want to live through this it's pretty much the only thing you can do.

Your are a selfish asshole you say? good then we won't have to worry about to many moral issues. O:)

If you actually wasn't to avoid conflict than focus on a subset of anti-magic, lets call it normalcy magic. What I mean is make it so that you are constantly overlooked, though this most likely won't be combat applicable. You will be a face in the crowd. However this does have the danger of dissolving your soul.

If you want to be able to lolnope any attack, the focus on Barrier magic. get good enough to place a barrier at a thought, Trigger magic.

If you want to be a one man army, then focus on self-Reinforcement, or become a dead Apostle ancestor.

You can become a generalist, but the problem is that in the Nasuverse you will generally die before you are a master of all.

if you feel like it don't listen to my suggestions at all, but I'm really just trying to help. After all, where else will I get such entertainment.

19. Zasnul

Zasnul blah

>Surviving in Nasuverse.

Is generally easier than "OHSHITNASUIAMDEAD". Lots of dangerous things exists, alright, but its not like every tenth city gets eaten by Vampires, or something. Thought, as a general rule, weird things would magnet to weird things, and considering your dimensional jump, you might be weird enought to start attracting trouble even if you would just forget about everything and would try living like a normal person.

So, Trigger system is going to be a massive advantage, of course, learning martial arts is like learning to walk, and, well, not much could be said. I wonder, if Exalted martial arts could be replicated throught TS...

20. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Ok, other than hoping you read this...

First of, Trigger Casting System. Remember that from Harry Potter: Wizard or Magus? We have the Wind Trigger, and an Ether Trigger which COULD make you produce Grain, or become a Space Magi. That will be your main SB trump card, your possible path into breaking more than one rule. If you play wisely.

More likely, even without that meta knowledge, or info from SB or the Nasuverse. JUST being ROBnapped would have resulted in being Strange enough to get mixed up in the Moonlit World. So above all else, Train. Activate Circuits. Be on guard if there's another Magi around. That sort of thing...

21. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Entertain me.

All other concerns are secondary. 8)

22. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Seconded. If you fail to entertain, bite your tongue out and kill yourself. Your death spasms will be oh so entertaining~ <3