1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Superman (Transmigration)(Translation)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TheGodSage, May 5, 2021.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1-2
    TheGodSage

TheGodSage Know what you're doing yet?

A/N: This is a translated fanfic, we originally posted it on webnovel... Yeah don't roast me please. I was the only one with an account for QQ so they just yelled at me and told me to post it here as well... I edited them as well... some things were still a bit cringey with the chinese sayings... anyway Hope you enjoy.

P.S: I have never posted here so I don't really know what I am doing... Hope it comes out fine though.

Join the Binge discord for images of the story!
    https://discord.gg/9vVhrjdW8k

Join my discord so you can tell me how trash I am
    https://discord.gg/ecNzMFTXBr

Disclaimer: I own nothing(Obviously)

Chapter 1: Transmigration

A heavy fog enveloped every corner of the city, and occasionally sharp warning from the Air-Defense radar sirens struck the dark sky.

In today's time, the Axis Powers, headed by the Germans, fought inextricably with the Allied Powers.
    Every day, a news story or news will popup about the war casualties and the international situation.
    From Europe to Asia, from the Atlantic to the Pacific.

The flames of war were everywhere, and bullets were being fired at every second.
    No one knows what one will come first, hope to end this war or destruction of the whole world.
    In Luke's opinion, everything happening was just terrible!

"If only I had travelled to any other point of time in history. It would have been nice to enter the world a few decades from now. I would have gone to Hollywood, written a few scripts, made a few movies, and would have become the richest person in the world. Enjoying my life at its fullest."

Located on the corner of the street was an empty tavern.

Luke held his head in his hands, put his legs on the table, and sighed at his fate.
    "Or, they could have just given me a normal world. The U.S. economy after World War II was unprecedentedly prosperous. If I seized the opportunity, it wouldn't have been difficult to earn my first pot of gold. It's just… Why am I in the Marvel Universe?"

Luke sighed and unfolded that day's newspaper. The most striking headline was the meeting between President Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin in Tehran.

The Allies wanted to open a second battlefield in Europe to defeat the Germans as soon as possible.
    It's just that what attracted his attention was not the direction of the world war, but the lace scandal in the corner of the page ——

Howard Stark and Hollywood's "Goddess of Love" Rita Hayworth were photographed by reporters entering and exiting the Waldorf Astoria Hotel together.

There was also an obvious black and white photo below this headline.
    "Stark Industries..."

Twenty-year-old Luke now had a wry smile on his face. He had a plan... a genius plan... maybe that's a stretch.

Perhaps in the eyes of others, Howard Stark was just a smart arms tycoon sitting on wealth.
    But for Luke, the other party had another critical identity.

He was the father of the future Iron Man, Tony Stark. One of the smartest if not the smartest people in all of the marvel universe. Plus another thing was solved with this newspaper.

The existence of Howard Stark allowed Luke to confirm that he really did transmigrate in the Marvel Universe.
    And now, he was standing at the beginning of everything.

The beginning of the timeline before all significant events were about to unfold! This was both good news and bad news for him.

The good news was that Luke wouldn't have to see Thanos, the chief of the Universe Family Planning Department, snap his finger because Luke will be a hundred years old by that time and may not even be alive on that fateful day.

The bad news was that he wouldn't get the chance to meet Chief Coulson or go to Queens and find Spider-Man.
    Let alone the Avengers; he didn't even know where Nick Fury will be in the coming years.

Luke never expected that he would start from the United States in the context of World War II.
    And somehow became a naive guy on the streets of Brooklyn.

"It's a headache to think about it."

Luke covered his face with the newspaper, feeling depressed over his condition.
    He had travelled into this world for almost five or six years and had already accepted the new identity of 'Luke Cavill'.
    He came to know that his family were Irish immigrants; however, his father died in gang fights, and his mother died of tuberculosis. The only good thing that came out of this was that there was no little sister to take care of. That would have been a headache.

Luke's only relative was the uncle who used to "paint the house" for people when he was young.
    Paint the house. This is a black word.

Luke's uncle is not a craftsman who painted the house walls—this sentence he used was referring to murder.
    Because it's hard not to splash blood on the wall when dealing with certain troubles, gangsters were used to using the term "cleaning the house" after doing the dirty work.

Luke's uncle was such a man who did dirty work for the gang-when he was young.
    He used to be an army veteran, and later to support his family, he began to "clean up houses" for the gang.
    Because of his decisiveness and clean hands, he had never left any clues and was always appreciated by the senior gangsters.

In the years since his parents passed away, Luke also relied on his uncle's assistance to avoid starving to death.
    "The plot armour that I haven't received for so long..."

Luke felt even more concerned when he thought of the cheats that every transmigrator must-have. These things were supposed to be a neccesity. The there was something he was sure about...

The reason why he could cross over,
    It was because of a very nonsense reason.
    It was due to a game, Golden Kryptonite!

That's right; at that time, Luke was addicted to fighting games that had superheroes as the central character.
    Moreover, Golden Kryptonite was very addictive, trying to use a rude and straightforward way to change the main character's fate.

One afternoon, he couldn't hold back for a while and ended up purchasing the luxurious gift pack in the game-which contained an SSS-level card, the Superman, and multiple selection templates of Kryptonite.
    It can be said that if we take the contents of the gift pack in the picture, it was extremely cost-effective!
    As soon as he received the gift package, Luke opened it to check its contents. However, the next time he opened his eyes, he was in the Marvel Universe.
    A few years later luke was distracted by a small loading bar in front of his eyes.

When he transmigrated, there was a screen projected in front of his eyes.
    Maybe due to the bad signal or good luck, that expensive gift item had also come with him.
    It took five to six years for it to connect and load the progress.

[99%]

Luke glanced at the progress bar in the consciousness space; an expression of expectation appeared on his face.
    Over the years, he insisted on doing one hundred push-ups, one hundred sit-ups, one hundred squats, and actively running in the sun every day, just to wait for the moment when the luxurious gift package will open.
    Unfortunately, he didn't know if it was too far away from his earth? Or was it a bad signal? Or there were other reasons?

The progress bar had always been stuck at always went up slowly but then stopped here a year or two ago, as if that was the final destination, and it didn't wish to take any step further.

This gave Luke a headache.

"Do I have to collect Infinity Stones to load this thing? That's cheating!" Luke yelled going into one of his regular fits he got when he saw the loading bar.

If he could get superhuman powers, then he will be able to survive longer in this dangerous world.
    By that time, his life may be better than his time on the real earth.

"I want my cheat..." Luke said to himself sighing as he finished his fit of anger.

Just as Luke whined inwardly, the door of the bar was pushed open.

Ding Dong!

The crisp, sharp sound of a bell ringing sounded out through the bar Luke was in.

"Luke! There you are man, I have been looking for you for a long time!" The young man wearing the brown uniform of an army soldier and holding a newspaper in his hand said, "I went to your house and found that you weren't there, so I ran to Old Joseph's bar! I knew you were here!"

The handsome, high-spirited young man took out a chair and sat on the opposite side of Luke.
    "I'm helping old Joseph look at the store. He is sick," Luke, still with the newspaper on his face, asked unenthusiastically, "Bucky... did you accomplish that thing you wanted to do..."

The young man sitting across from him iwas the future Winter Soldier, a good friend of Captain America, James Barnes.

"Bucky" was his nickname, and it can also be regarded as a kind of affectionate name, which was only used by his close friends.

"Of course! The 107th Infantry Regiment! You should call me Sergeant James Barnes from now on! I will set sail for England tomorrow morning."

Bucky lifted his chest and raised his head with a proud look on his face. He had good reason to be proud, seeing as he had been talking about enlisting for months now.

It was World War II, and Uncle Sam's recruitment posters were all over the states.

The passionate propaganda and pervasive TV speeches inspired a large number of young people's patriotism. They couldn't wait to go to the battlefield and win the Medal of Honor.

"It's a pity that I can't be with you." Luke pretended to be disappointed. He didn't actually plan to join the army. Even during these years he had been in Marvel he never had planned to join the army.

Bucky patted his friend on the shoulder in a reassuring manner, "Someone has to stay to take care of Steve. That guy always likes to fight for justice, it's really annoying sometimes!" Bucky said hiding the concern he felt for his friend, knowing that his dream was to become a soldier.

He and Luke had discussed secretly, hoping that someone could stay here.

It's a pity that Luke lost in that wine fight to decide who could join the army—well, he did lose on purpose.
    "It's not bad to think about it. All the men in New York would have gone to the army. There are about 3.5 million women left in this city... Maybe I can have a chance to soothe some of them, their fragile and beautiful hearts." Luke said smirking as he shrugged off Bucky's hand that had stayed on his shoulder and downed a shot of whiskey sitting on the bar counter.

He and Bucky had known each other for years now. The other party and Steve Rogers were both original friends.

Bucky sighed. "Steve doesn't think so, Maybe while I'm gone you can take him to the doctor, test him for brain damage?" Bucky joked as he stared off to the side.

He frowned when he thought of the little man who also wanted to rush to the battlefield like himself.
    However, he was just not at the right standards to become a soldier.

"When shall we go to Steve? He must be in that cinema again." Luke managed to spit out as the awkward silence made him slightly uncomfortable.

Shaking off the sadness in his head, Bucky then pulled out a few tickets and enthusiastically stood up, "We'll get him now, after all, We're going to the stark expo tonight... Hopefully we'll pick up a few girls... for me, you and steve can have each other" Bucky joked again as he turned and started heading out the bar, followed by the annoyed Luke, who just rolled his eyes after hearing bucky's statement.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

This is how you can tell it's a chinese novel with gaming elements XD.

Kryptonite is the best thing ever! Pay to win, desu~

Now, you just need to be a tyrant and throw money at your problems.

3. Aconitum

Aconitum I trust you know where the happy button is?

Holy **** you are right !!
    Your final boss is too strong?
    Buy Platinium Kryptonite now!
    Your Kryptonien Nemesis is not a jade beauty? Then buy pink kryptonite now!

4. NakedFury

NakedFury Not too sore, are you?

Harems are only interesting and wanted in our minds. In real life it is a living nightmare.

Do you have a girlfriend? Wife? Mother?

They are annoying when they want you to do something right? Too much tv or games or anything is annoying to them. They want to go shopping or talk about this or that. Etc

That's only one.

Now add five more, all wanting different things to do with you. They aren't lesbians or into each other, only into you so that fantasy of a threesome or foursome is just a fantasy. They wont always get well with each other and no matter what side you choice in an argument will mean the couch at some point or no sexy times. Five times going shopping individually or in small groups.

If you are away from them for some time you are going to have to talk hours into the phone because they all want to talk to you.

You want to paint the house? Tough luck. They choose the color and most likely there will be a fight over it.

TV time? non existent.

Choose one woman to be your partner for live and keep the fantasies in your head. Save yourself.

tem345, Venyr4434, Needybaby and 7 others like this.
  5. Alray12

Alray12 The uneducated one

I can't see this, literally.

What to do?

6. Threadmarks: Chapter 3-5
    TheGodSage

Discord:https://discord.gg/9vVhrjdW8k

When Luke and Bucky walked towards the cinema on the opposite side of the street, Steve Rogers, the future Captain America, was being beaten in a back alley.

*Bang*

A punch hit Steve in the stomach, causing him to wince as his face scrunched up because of the pain. Unable to maintain his balance, Rogers was knocked to the ground.

His thin body could give no defense against the street gangster.
    The street gangsters caused a lot of trouble and harassed everyone; however, none of the bystanders dared to stand up against these people in fear of getting into unnecessary trouble.
    Only a "fool" like Steve will risk being severely beaten and jump out to stop these gangsters from causing trouble.

After getting punched, Steve, who had now fallen in a corner, picked up the lid of the trash can next to him in a hurry and used it as a shield to block the next punch.
    In his eyes, there was not even the slightest tinge of fear, but there was a look of resolution as he stood up.

Like a brave soldier.

However, it's a pity that his courage couldn't cover the massive gap in size and strength. The gangster waved his fist and knocked Rogers back on the ground again.

But it didn't take long for the little man to struggle and stand up as if he wasn't feeling any pain.

As he took up the posture of a boxer, he gasped, "I can do this all day!"

His punches were slow, and his strength was not enough, so he was quickly blocked by the gangster.

"Looks like you haven't learned your lesson!"

The gangster sneered and clenching his fists; he targeted Rogers' nose this time.

'I am going to teach you not to be so nosy.'

However,
    *Bang*

A strong force came from behind.

The gangster let out a scream as he lost his balance and staggered towards the wall.

"Who the fuck are you? Don't you fucking dare touch my friend here!"A cold voice rang from behind.

The gangster turned his head quickly and found two young men.

One was wearing a nicely-ironed brown military uniform, while the other had a leather jacket.

The latter is staring at him with sharp eyes.

"Luke! This kid was being nosy! I didn't know he was your friend..."

*Bang*

Without saying a word, Luke stepped forward and punched the gangster's nose.

The guy leaned to the side and fell heavily on the hard road.

Blood began to flow out from his nose, unceasingly.

However, Luke didn't stop there. He lifted his legs, stepping on the gangster's face with his dark black boots, almost crushing his teeth.
    "Ugh... Luke!"

The mud and dirt on the shoes poured into the gangster's mouth.

With the blood spilling from the nose, it gave out a strange smell.

After a while, Luke let go of him and said coldly, "Get out of here. Next time I see you bullying my friend, I might come over 'to paint the house'."
    The gangster with blood all over his face, ran out of the alley in embarrassment, without even uttering a single word.
    He was afraid of Luke because of Luke's Uncle.

Moreover, Luke worked with the Irish gang, so he couldn't afford to offend Luke.
    "That's why I have asked Luke to stay in Brooklyn to take care of you." Bucky, in his military uniform, stretched out his hand to lift Rogers; with a helpless expression on his face, he continued, "Sometimes, I think you just like to get beaten up, otherwise why do you always like to provoke these assholes that you can't beat."

Rogers patted the dust on his clothes and took a breath from his inhaler to calm himself down.
    The pain on his face was finally transmitted back to the brain, and now he felt a burning sensation.
    Earlier, he relied on the adrenaline rush of his courage, and didn't feel the physical pain.

Now… Rogers felt like he needed to go and find a doctor as soon as possible.
    "You went to the conscription station again?"

Just then, Luke picked up the enlistment form on the ground, which had Steve Rogers' identity information written on it.
    "It's illegal to fake a draft form, Steve."

Luke rubbed his palms. Fortunately, he had been exercising all year round and was quite physically strong, so it was no big deal for him to beat up a street gangster.
    He, Rogers, and Bucky grew up in Brooklyn.

But compared to him, the two of them had much similar experience as kids.
    Firstly, both of their parents died in the war.

Steve's father, Joseph Rogers, served in the 107th Infantry Division and was killed by a German grenade in an ambush.
    His mother was a nurse in the tuberculosis ward. Unfortunately, she was also infected and could not survive.
    As for Bucky's background experience, it was also similar.

His father also served in the 107th Infantry Division but died in an accident in a military exercise and was raised by his mother.
    Therefore, both of the kids, who have known each other since childhood, became inseparable brothers.

"I just want to do something..." Rogers lowered his head slightly, feeling depressed as he coughed a little from the still lasting pain of the beating he had just recieved.

Steve was not only thin and weak but also had mild asthma.

Then there were his occasional chest and body pains.

With such a physique, sending him to the war was no different than killing him.

Therefore, every time Rogers went to the recruitment station, he would be rejected.
    Rogers looked up at his friend and hesitantly said, "You didn't need to be so... angry, Luke."

Luke frowned slightly, then giving a friendly smile, he said, "I have to do that. Everyone will begin to push you around. This is Brooklyn, after all."
    "Luke is right; if it weren't for his uncle and his own good connections in the Irish gang, we don't know how much trouble we would have faced every day." Bucky nodded in agreement.
    The punks always bullied him and Rogers in the past.

This went on for days, being blocked in a corner and non-stop fighting on the streets. Until one day, they met Luke and soon became good friends.

Keeping each other's backs, their friendship grew deeper, And in Bucky's eyes, Luke was very quick-witted.

He came up with an idea to make money, taking advantage of the strict discipline of military bases and the fact that soldiers weren't allowed to go out of the base.
    These three then sneaked into the barracks to sell small things like alcohol and tobacco.

Because their parents were old comrades, many people turned a blind eye to their sneaky actions and chose to leave them be.
    They made quite a significant amount of money by relying on this business.

Later, this attracted the attention of the bootlegging gangs in Brooklyn.

(Editor note: Bootleggers mostly include smugglers.)
    Due to this, Luke had to make good relationships with the Irish gangs and even took the initiative to part away with a big chunk of his sneaky business to escape from the trouble caused by the bootleggers.
    As they talked about how Luke lost his fight earlier with Bucky, he joked, "That's good, you stay here and continue running this business. When I come back, maybe both of you will already be rich! Just like Howard Stark!"
    No one knows how long the war will last.

For civilians, they hoped that the guns would stop firing as soon as possible and life would return to normal.

But for others, this was an excellent opportunity to make a fortune.

Industrialists will never let go of any opportunity to accumulate wealth.

Many people knew that before the United States participated in this world war, it sold a large number of weapons and equipment to the Axis and Allies at the same time, thereby making a fortune.
    Among them was Stark Industries, which had gained a lot of fame and money in recent years.

It continues its rapid growth, jumping up and standing side by side with those old military-industrial groups, mainly because Howard Stark seized the opportunity.
    He used his own witty mind and was also the central figure in many new inventions, which was appreciated a lot by the Ministry of National Defense.
    Then he used the colossal wealth to make connections with the upper class, thus laying a broad and sound foundation for the future.
    In just a few decades, he had become a huge military tycoon.

Apart from the rapidly growing Stark Industries, oil companies also seized this opportunity.
    They broke through the British blockade through neutral countries like Switzerland and shipped barrels of oil to Germany, and made huge profits from this deal.
    As a multinational-corporation and industrial giant, Ford was even more exaggerated.

He even helped the Germans produce trucks and made some hidden political investments.
    Therefore, Henry Ford, the founder of the Ford Company, was awarded the Grand Cross, the highest medal awarded to foreigners by the Germans.
    Anyone can see from this that the industrialists were not taking sides in this war.

They only had one purpose, and that was to make more money.

Even now that the United States had entered the war and joined the Allied powers, with the political scene getting more and more serious, it still didn't stop people from going after wealth.
    "Howard Stark? I don't have that kind of mind!" Luke smiled slightly, and he turned his head and said to Rogers: "Steve if you really want to join the army, there are many other drafting stations. I can accompany you to some; let's try our luck there."
    "Really?" There was a surprised smile on Rogers's face.

Bucky had always opposed him from joining the army, and there have been several arguments between the two.

However, Luke rarely expressed his stance, but today he suddenly agreed to accompany him to the drafting stations. This made Rogers very happy.
    Standing next to them, Bucky was about to say something, but when he saw Luke throw a look that said, 'I know what I am doing', he chose to remain silent.
    He knew that Luke, a friend who was the quietest among their group of three, would never do anything without reason.

"Alright then, tonight is my last night in New York! Are you guys planning to waste time in this alley?" Bucky changed the topic.

He was going to be on the battlefield tomorrow, rushing to a foreign country.
    However, tonight, he would enjoy his time with hot ladies and get drunk with his best friends. Possibly for the last time.

By the time Luke and Bucky came out of Roger's house, it was already dusk with the sun setting on the horizon.

The afterglow of the setting sun illuminated New York, coating the surrounding skyscrapers with a layer of golden glow.

"In the future, you may have to look after yourself. Luke and I can't always be there every time." Bucky patted Rogers' shoulders, while the little man felt awkward and remained silent.
    The scars on his face were not severe, and after some cleaning, only faint bruises remained.

The three of them put on some good clothes and headed to the Stark Industries' World Expo.

On the way, Rogers frowned while saying, "I also want to join the 107th Infantry Division like you. You know my father was also once part of it." He was still unwilling to stay behind.
    Due to the war propaganda, many youngsters were eager to join the army at this time. They wanted to step onto the battlefield and win some honor medals.
    Rogers and Bucky are among them.

Compared to Bucky, who had more than average physique, Rogers is thin, weighed less than a hundred pounds, and had a mild asthma case.

So even if he were allowed to join the army, he would have to run for several kilometers, ending up exhausted and panting for breath. This can even lead to death due to his weak body.
    His physique prevented him from joining the army even if Rogers changed his address and falsified his identity every time he went to the conscription station to look for chances to join the military.
    His medical evaluation always turned out to be 4F - the worst score.

Luke, who was walking behind, with his hands in his pockets, smiled as he said, "There will always be more opportunities."
    He was thinking about whether to find a way to get the super soldier serum or not.

His regular workout and exercise over the years had promoted the progress bar to 99% and was only one step away from being unlocked.
    Intuition told Luke that he needed a solid external boost to get the progress bar to 100%

At present, the easiest and most-likely-to-work thing for him was the super soldier serum.
    As a transmigrator who roughly understood the direction of the plot, Luke knew that tonight was going to be a turning point in the life of Steve Rogers.

This little man was going to encounter Dr. Abraham Erskine, a German scientist who had sought refuge in the Allies and was the super soldier serum's inventor.
    He was moved by Steve Roger's heartfelt words and strong will and gave him the opportunity to join the army.

Later at the military base, Rogers was selected to be the receiver of the super soldier serum.

'Should I take it or not?' Luke, who was walking behind, was still undecided about this.

If he could grow stronger silently, he would not have such thoughts, and in no way was he going to join the army.
    After all, the battlefield was full of bullets and constant danger.
    Even Captain America and the Winter Soldier were not entirely safe.

However, the delay in receiving his plot armor gave Luke a headache.
    There was really no other option; he had to take this gamble.

As Luke was distracted, he unknowingly followed Rogers and Bucky to the bar on the corner.
    Many people were present at the bar, ordering beers and snacks, chatting non-stop, waiting for the start of the World Expo by the Stark Industries.
    Rogers still looked a little sullen and hadn't yet dispelled the idea of joining the army.

Bucky didn't notice it. He was already enthusiastic about defeating the Germans and bringing victory for the Allies.
    "Let's go. I know some hot chicks!"

After looking at the time, Bucky and Rogers left the bar.

The streets outside were pitch black, and only the World Expo venue was brightly lit, giving it a great look.
    At this time, World War II was in full swing,

Like European countries, the United States was also on the cusp. To save energy, the military had implemented intense electricity control policies.
    Like neon lights and colorful billboards, they were restricted at night.

Every night, the city will occasionally cut off electricity to prioritize and ensure the power supply to the military bases and government agencies.
    Even New York is no exception.

However, tonight because of the Stark Industries' World Expo, the military significantly relaxed the restrictions. Otherwise, New Yorkers wouldn't see such a brightly lit scene.
    "It's quite lively." Bucky smiled as they entered the venue.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  7. Alray12

Okay, so the first chapter(?) Are blank for me, is it only me?

8. TheGodSage

The first chapter is blank? Hmm...

9. Alray12

Yeah, For me there only blank space.
    Don't know about other, chapter 2 fine thought

10. TheGodSage

Can you see it now?

11. Alray12

Oh! Thanks now i can see it!

TheGodSage likes this.
  12. brad

brad Making the rounds.

You need to put chapter one in the threadmark

13. TheGodSage

Ok thanks

14. maitogai83

maitogai83 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Why is the formatting so weird? It seems like you start a new line after every period.

15. TheGodSage

I'm just trash that's why...

16. Threadmarks: Chapter 6-7
    TheGodSage

Join the discord for images and extra stuff!

Inside the World Expo of Tomorrow's venue, the event was indeed quite lively. The crowd was chattering aloud, and the lights were gorgeous.

Everywhere, one can see young men and women hugging and enjoying the mood. Luke and his two pals stood close to a vast metal globe, silently eating the snacks they bought from the bar earlier while waiting for the girls.

Soon, three young and lively girls waved their hands and called them over. They wore brightly colored cotton dresses and flat heels, looking enthusiastic and reserved at the same time.

Bucky beckoned and pointed at Luke and Rogers behind him while saying, "Girls, they are my friends."
    The girls, ignoring the small thin figure in between, looked over Luke, one by one.

Currently, Steve Rogers was not yet the Captain America with a huge build and strengthened muscles, and there was no so-called 'American ass'. Naturally, he couldn't attract these young girls. (E/N: Fuckers I wish I had been there, Could have saluted America's ass...)

However, Luke, on the other hand, looked pretty good.
    The neat short black hair and the slightly stern young face could make any girl feel interested in him.

"Don't be stubborn, Rogers. You gotta have some fun!" Bucky said as he put his hands over the thin man's shoulders while Luke, who was now walking in the front, was surrounded by the young girls, listening to them chattering about boring stuff.

They soon crossed the area with the metal globes. Passing through some small exhibition halls, they entered the core area.

"Welcome to the Modern Marvels Pavilion——"
    The narrator's voice paused slightly, and then with increased depth in his tone, he continued, "The world of the future! A greater world! A better world! Everything starts with Stark Industries!"

The people coming and going clapped and shouted in admiration, with a novel look in their eyes. The steel dummy in the glass showcase, the airplane model that was hanging from the ceiling, and the glass curtain wall showing Howard Stark's inventions...

These were undoubtedly quite advanced and emerging products that the public found very attractive. However, Luke didn't feel much enthusiastic about these.

He was from the 21st century and had already binge-watched enough sci-fi movies to get excited from this expo's exhibitions. The gadgets placed as showcases could hardly arouse his interest.

However, the girls, who held his arms left and right, were so surprised as if they had found a whole new world.
    It gave Luke a headache.

Sometimes, he wanted to be like Rogers, strolling behind with a cup of popcorn, enjoying the moment in peace. It seemed more enjoyable then having to act excited about things that were ancient history to him.

As if sensing Luke's mood, Rogers, who was standing behind them, picked up a few popcorns and threw them into his mouth with a smirk on his face. However, Luke was soon relieved.

The two girls around him suddenly screamed like fans and rushed to the base of the main exhibition area stage." Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Howard Stark!"
    The host on the stage announced as the curtains opened.

Several beautiful women in tight waistcoats and black tuxedos did an excellent performance in front of a red car. Then, Howard Stark, with a mustache, walked onto the stage.

There was a burst of violent applause from the audience. Howard Stark, the man of the era. A young genius with a clever mind. However, the love scandals of this genius never seemed to stop.

Howard, who walked out from behind the scenes, did not greet the audience but deeply kissed a beautiful girl on stage, with a confident and charming smile on his face.

'This guy really is the father of Iron Man, can't deny that…' Standing in the audience, Luke felt quite impressed. Even he had never had the audacity to kiss a woman in front of thousands of people, though he'd have to try it to see...

Thinking about Iron Man, who once had a fantastic feat of sleeping with every cover girl of the playboy magazine throughout a year, made him feel that being flirty and having lots of affairs was the true inheritance of the Stark Family.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you, in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all." He moved the microphone, took out a handkerchief, and wiped his lips while the audience, with audible gasps, digested what he had said.

He seemed to enjoy the gazes of the audience while talking about his company's innovative technology; he then beckoned the pretty girls to take off the wheels of the red car.

Standing on the stage, Howard Stark was not like a scientist, but he was more of a magician who was also well-versed in acting skills.

He knew how to grab the audience's attention.
    "With Stark Ravitic Reversion technology, you will be able to do just that!" Howard smiled and turned on the power by moving the lever on the podium.

The car, whose wheels had been removed, slowly began to float in the air.T his magical scene made the audience hold their breath.
    Editor note: Open youtube, and search: Stark Expo 1943 if you really want to see...

The corner of Luke's lips twitched when he heard Howard Stark talking about how he was about to change the future.

Luke had no interest in all this nonsense.
    Although the man in front of him can be regarded as one of the smartest people alive in the world, he sometimes acted a bit immaturely, similar to his son, Tony Stark.

Both of them had a common characteristic or a characteristic that was in their genes —
    They were not easy to deal with!
    Perhaps this can be called a common problem among geniuses!

While everyone was focused on Howard Stark, Luke sneaked out of the crowd to get rid of the star-struck girls. Just as he turned his head, he saw Roger's thin back.

He passed through the crowd and walked to the conscription station not far away. Luke took a deep breath standing at the main entrance. He knew that this was going to be the beginning of Captain America.
    Putting his hands in his pocket, he thought about what he should do next.

Although it can be said that up until now, everything was going as per the plot. But who knows when his cheat will arrive.

While thinking about what to do, Luke saw the figure of an old man. He had gray hair, was a little bald, and glasses on the bridge of his nose.

'Dr. Abraham Erskine!' Luke recognized him within an instant.

Abraham Erskine, the developer of the Super Soldier Serum, and the German scientist whose prototype serum turned the Hydra leader into Red Skull, was now walking slowly into the conscription station.
    Luke, who was about to enter the conscription station, suddenly turned serious, "Hmm? Someone's following him?"

He saw that behind Abraham Erskine, a few men in black suits, wearing round hats, were closely following him.

There were visible bulges around their waists, their expression was nervous as they looked around.
    They didn't look like ordinary tourists, and the bulges on their waste gave Luke a bad feeling.

Suddenly a thought flashed through Luke's mind, "Hydra?" As the creator of the Super Soldier Serum, Dr. Erskine was a thorn in the eyes of Hydra.
    The Red Skull would do anything possible to get rid of this variable!

'Once the Allies get the chance to mass-produce the Super Soldier Serum and create a large number of Super Soldiers, there won't be any suspense regarding the result of the war.'

With such thoughts flashing through his mind, Luke walked into the conscription station.

"Steve..."

Bucky finally came back to his senses after Howard Stark's sensational performance and turned to look at his friend, only to find that he had long since disappeared.

"Luke..."

He turned to the other side, but he didn't expect to not see Luke either.

"What's the matter! Where did both of them go?"
    Bucky was about to go out, however, he was dragged back to the exhibition by the girls.

"The war is not for you."
    In the conscription station, Rogers was rejected again.
    The officer who recruited soldiers into the army saw his thin body and gave his judgment without even thinking anything. He didn't even bother to read the application form.

Although Rogers argued, his words were ignored.
    No matter what he said, the officer just shook his head in denial. In his opinion, sending this thin-little man to war was no different from killing him.

In the end, the officer got impatient, "You can still serve the country without joining the army. We are in urgent need of factory workers. You can go to the factory to help in making weapons for the frontline, or you can find another job!"

He pushed back Rogers' application form, with an indifferent expression on his face. "You will be a burden to others in the war! Instead of this, it is better to stay back in the country!"

"Listen, kid! Don't risk your life like this. Not everyone has a chance to stay back home." The officer didn't get why this little guy wanted to join the army; wouldn't it be best to stay in America? Let alone the horrors of war, his life will be safest here.

No matter how precious the medal of honor is, can it be more important than one's life? Who doesn't know that the Allied and the Axis powers are fighting non-stop?

Every day both sides were losing thousands of men.
    God knows how many corpses were left to rot in the trenches, with no way of even giving them an honorary burial.

"Sir! I want to fight for the country! And I won't be any burden to anyone..." The draft officer avoided Rogers' firm eyes and just shook his head in denial.

Even he needs to follow some rules, he can't just recruit an unqualified soldier. Their argument soon attracted the attention of Abraham Erskine.

He looked at Rogers, who was depressed, and he seemed to think of something. "It's going exactly like the plot..."Luke watched quietly from a corner with a small smile over his lips.

But he suddenly retracted his smile, when he noticed the men in black suits who were following behind Abraham Erskine came closer. With cold eyes and murderous intent, they slowly moved their right hand toward the bulge of their waist.

Just then, one of the men tucked his coat and pulled out a hidden pistol!

Aiming at Dr. AbrahErskine'sine chest, he pulled the trigger in the next second.
    *Bang!*

17. ZeroMaverick08

ZeroMaverick08 Versed in the lewd.

So, Erskine dies?

18. TheGodSage

Who knows, that's the point of the cliffhanger lol

19. Threadmarks: Chapter 7-10
    TheGodSage

Join the discord for images and other shit!

*Bang!*
    As soon as the gun was fired, the crowd at the conscription station immediately fell into chaos. With panic-stricken screams, they started to run in all directions, trying no to get hit by any bullets.
    Those recruits who had yet to be enlisted suddenly ran away like ants, with no clue what's happening what-so-ever.
    They had never been to a battlefield, nor had they received any formal training, so have no idea what to do.

The security guard at the gate fell on the ground as blood gurgled out of the bullet hole in the white hat on his head.
    "Keep quiet."

Luke, who was hiding at the side, pulled the fallen Dr. Erskine up from the ground and ran towards thehallway.
    Bullets kept on raining from behind, hitting walls and creating debris and dust throughout the hall.

Luke looked out for Rogers and found him hiding behind a table with his hands covering his head. He held Dr. Erskine and ran towards Rogers.
    Suddenly Luke couldn't help but come up with a strange thought, 'If the future Captain America dies, in which direction will the future lead to?'
    Will there be a new hero?

Or will the Germans win and the Red Skull conquers the world?
    …..
    *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!*

The gunshot interrupted Luke's thoughts.
    He looked at the nervous Dr. Erskine, and whispered: "You stay here! Don't go anywhere!"
    In the hallway, the sound of approaching footsteps could be heard.

Under the table, Luke slowly emerged. He took out the Colt M1911 from his waist, took a deep breath, and rushed out towards the hallway.
    **Five minutes earlier**

Outside the Conscription Station.

"You lost Dr. Erskine? German spies are most likely hiding in the city, trying to capture and kill Dr. Erskine! Don't you understand how important he is? Start searching for him."
    A female officer was reprimanding the security guards with an ice-cold expression.

The security guards in plain clothes nodded repeatedly, trying to suppress the dismissive look in their eyes.
    This is a tempestuous era and the status of women had not been taken seriously.

Most people still held the idea that women should stay at home as wives and do housework. There was no need to go outside.
    Even if the stern and cold female officer in front of them was their superior, the respect in their eyes of security guards was merely perfunctory.
    "We were separated from him. There were too many people at the Expo gate. Who knows where the old German man went." One of the security guards defended themselves.
    "He is called Dr. Abraham Erskine!" The female officer corrected.

"This cannot change the fact that he and Hitler are from the same country." Another security guard retorted with a sneering expression.
    Due to the deliberate propaganda by the government, the public had a deep hatred for the Germans.
    Even if Abraham Erskine was now with the Allied Powers, the prejudices against him just couldn't be stopped.
    *Bang!*

Just then they heard a clear gunshot from the nearby Conscription Station.
    A suppressed scream from pain could be faintly heard as soon as the gunshot was fired. And soon people rushed out of the building.
    Her expression turned pale, giving the security guards a cold look, she quickly moved towards the noise.
    **Three minutes later.**

The female officer rushed to the conscription station followed by a team of fully equipped soldiers.
    They found several cold corpses on the ground and the pungent smell of blood everywhere in the hall.
    "Doctor!"

The female officer finally had a sigh of relief when she saw Dr. Erskine safe and sound.
    He was now in the highest-level protection list of the military and was also a major concern for the Germans.
    Everyone now understood the value of the Super Soldier serum created by Dr. Abraham Erskine.
    It could end this war!

The delicate balance between both sides would change and then it would turn into a one-sided massacre.
    In the end, the whole future can be influenced!
    "These people...should be spies they sent." Dr. Erskine who had now recovered from the panic, said calmly, "It seems that Schmidt really doesn't want me to live anymore."
    The female officer nodded her head in agreement.

Then, she swept her eyes at the two young men next to Dr. Erskine. There was clear alertness in her glance.
    "Fortunately this guy saved me." Then turning towards one of the men beside him, he said, "By the way, I don't know your name yet."
    He saw Luke alone get rid of the three spies who came here to assassinate him, and though he was one of the security guards sent by the government to protect him.
    But judging from the alert eyes of the female officer, this man was not from the government.
    "My name is Luke. Luke Cavill."

Luke put away the gun with a smile while introducing himself.
    He didn't expect to meet Dr. Abraham Erskine and Peggy Carter, in this way.
    That's right.

The female officer standing in front of him will be one of the founders of the S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Right now, she should be an agent for the Office of Strategic Services.

Responsible for protecting Abraham Erskine and participating in the Super Soldier Project.
    "You killed these spies?" Peggy Carter said as she looked at the corpses, "You got some good skills."

As she scrutinized the bodies of the spies, she found that all three were killed by a single shot. There were no extra traces of being hit. All the bullets had struck the vital parts, killing them instantly.
    Judging from the wounds alone, she deduced that Luke must have some good marksmanship.
    Moreover, there was no panic or any other intense emotion in his eyes, even after killing three people.
    No matter how one looked at it, it wasn't the work of a beginner.

Such an amazing performance was the very reason for Peggy to be suspicious.
    How was it possible for ordinary youngsters from Brooklyn to take out German spies so casually?
    If this was true, then the Allies would have captured Berlin long ago and put an end to this war.

"Well, I learned some self-defense skills." Luke casually answered.
    He did learn fighting and shooting from his Uncle Frank long ago.
    The latter even thought about training Luke to be a gangster.
    Irish gangs were rising rapidly but they just lacked some good guys who could handle the killings.
    Unfortunately, Luke had no interest to follow that path.

Although he worked hard to learn fighting and shooting, and even insisted on exercising, it was only to increase his means of self-protection.
    He was not a dumb guy who had dreams of becoming a gangster godfather.

"Doctor, it's not safe here. Let's leave first." The female officer retracted her gaze from Luke and looked at Dr. Erskine whispered softly, "We will investigate all for this afterwards."
    "Okay." Dr. Erskine nodded, then as he looked Luke and said, "I will keep your name in my mind, Luke."
    Dr. Erskine was here because he was invited by Howard Stark to the World Expo of Tomorrow.

However, after meeting him, Dr. Erskine felt that the young and promising Mr. Stark was more like a businessman.
    The enthusiasm for climbing toward the peak of science was far less than his interest in amassing wealth and chasing women.
    Therefore, in the end, the two of them only exchanged a few words, and then they didn't talk much about other important topics.
    "Is he your friend?" Before leaving, Erskine looked at Steve Rogers on the side.
    For some reason, he was very interested in this small, thin man.

Perhaps it was the conversation between the other party and the Conscription station officer that brought back some memories in Erskine's heart.
    As the developer of the Super Soldier Serum, Abraham Erskine knew its danger and what side effects it had.
    'I have already created a devil, and I don't want to create anymore!'

Therefore, Erskine was always looking for a suitable candidate to be the next "Super Soldier" who would misuse his powers and understand mercy.
    "Yes and his name is Steve Rogers." Luke pulled Steve over and said, "My friend here really wishes to fight for our country. Although his physique is only sub par, his sense of patriotism is like never seen before."
    "Oh?" Erskine nodded with a thoughtful look and left the scene.

The female officer didn't stay any longer and also followed him, but she looked suspiciously at Luke before leaving. While soldiers stayed back to investigate the scene and clean up the mess.
    "Luke, who were they?"

Steve who survived the incident had no idea about what had happened.
    Luke curled his lips and softly said while patting his thin shoulders, "Someone who could change your destiny."
    'I didn't expect that I would enter the military's radar in this way. I am afraid that Peggy Carter will carefully investigate my background.'
    But he was not worried that the Office of Strategic Services is destined to find nothing.

Their enemy was Hydra and Luke had absolutely no relationship with the so-called German spies and assassins sent by the Hydra.
    "All that just now was terrible." Steve, who still didn't have much idea of what had happened, still had some lingering fears.
    The Conscription station officer who was arguing with him earlier was now in a pool of blood.

His hollow eyes had lost all the color as blood seeped out of his forehead due to the bullet lodged inside his head.
    "If you step on the battlefield, you will encounter more of such things and witness even more dead partners." Luke sighed.
    He had watched Uncle Frank 'clean the houses'.
    He even personally 'solved' some troubling gangsters.
    He had long been accustomed to blood and death.

"Do I even have a chance to go to the War?" Steve is a little frustrated, he has suffered a lot of rejections.
    Everywhere he went, everyone he met, only had one reply, that he won't be able to do it, and he should stay back.
    Even his best friend Bucky was no exception.
    "There will be a chance." Luke nodded lightly.

He seemed more confident than Steve himself. Feeling Steve's puzzled gaze on himself, Luke changed the subject and dragged him out of the Conscription station, "Alright, let's go find Bucky. We need to enjoy our time while we three are still together."

The next day.

Luke got up early from the bed, prepared himself for a new day, and continued his daily training to become like a certain bald guy from his previous life.
    Push-ups, squats, sit-ups, running... By the time he had finished his exercise routine, it was already past 8:30.

"Bucky should have boarded the ship..." Luke headed out to meet Rogers. They had planned to send off Bucky, but Sergeant James Barnes, who was heading for England, didn't allow them and said he may get a bit emotional.
    His last night was amazing, with a well-ironed military uniform and some cheesy lines, Bucky was able to pick up some pretty girls.

"Good morning, Luke!" The flower shop owner downstairs looked enthusiastic and continued loudly, "Frank is looking for you, he seemed angry about something!" The flower shop owner yelled from across the house, "Alright, thanks, Uncle Dall!" Luke stopped, changed directions, and walked towards his Uncle Frank's house.

Probably it was due to yesterday's street gangster, who must have gone to complain to his boss, and then news came to his uncle through the Irish Gang.
    Ten minutes later, Luke took out the key from under the doormat and opened the door.

"Uncle Frank, I brought you roasted mushrooms and hash browns from Aunt Bertha's!" Carrying a rich, steaming breakfast, Luke walked into the living room and saw an old man with grey hair and a rickety waist.
    Even from his weak and shallow figure, one can easily see the tough and strong shadow of his youth.

"Luke! You annoying kid!" Seeing Luke, the old man cursed angrily, "That son of a bitch Hobson went to complain Mr. Hoffa again, saying that you beat up his little brother!"

"Hobson had to tell Mr. Hoffa even this kind of thing? He didn't tell Mr. Hoffa when his mother died while sitting in the toilet, last week." Luke pretended to be surprised, without hesitating, he took out the plates, knives and forks from the cupboard.
    "Eat while it's hot! Aunt Bertha especially added meat for you in these Hash Browns!"

The old man named "Frank" sat at the table and said, "Don't try to buy me with this, Luke, you messy bastard, that Italian guy last night... oh wow, this is awesome. So fuckin' tasty! No matter how much I eat it, I will never get tired of this!"
    Well, it turns out that good food can calm down anyone's temper!

After Frank ate his fill, he didn't mention Hobson or his younger brother.
    What he did do was persuade Luke to join the rapidly growing Irish gang.
    "Mr. Hoffa values you very much. That idea of doing business with the barracks was good, it allowed the gang to get their hands on some guns, or else we would have been long eliminated! Those Italians aren't arrogant anymore!" Frank couldn't understand why his nephew didn't wish to join the gang.

Other street gangsters of Brooklyn would do anything to join the gang and become one of them, Because no one would mess with them with the gang behind them.

Luke made himself a cup of coffee and with a light smile, he replied, "Not interested. It would be better to go back to school than be a gangster."
    He knew that this was the most turbulent period in American history, as the newspapers said: "Violence. It is as American as Cherry Pie."
    With the start of the world war, various gangs had sprung up continuously.'

At first, most of them were poor immigrant groups, such as Irish and Italians.
    Unlike the British and Germans immigrants, who came with large amounts of money to settle in North America, these immigrants were destitute.
    In fact, they are called 'Immigrants' because they keep on changing their places and continue to be people at the bottom.
    Many people can't even rent houses and could only do manual labor to fend themselves.
    These immigrant groups had gradually formed slums.

This was also how the "Hell's Kitchen" of New York was born.
    A philosopher once said, nationalism often places the poverty of the country at its heart, making it basically a critique.
    Because the Irish and Italians are both Catholics themselves, they were regarded as "boorish", incapable of settling down in North America, which was dominated by Protestants.
    The ever-present exclusion and discrimination made life difficult for these immigrant groups.
    Therefore, in order to fight against the exploitation of labor and religious persecution, the Irish and Italians slowly formed various violent groups.
    This was the embryonic form of the American gang!

Consider becoming a patron and unlock chapters ahead!

20. ZeroMaverick08

ZeroMaverick08 Versed in the lewd.

Huh, I guess there's a chance for 2 Super Soldiers.

RazielofSecrets and TheGodSage like this.
  21. Zettai_Ryouiki

Zettai_Ryouiki ...

Yeah, this definitely reads like a Chinese novel, even without the sayings lol.

22. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

this is beautiful can i sig this?

23. edmantgoog

edmantgoog Not too sore, are you?

Not gonna lie this reads like a xania/cultivation type story in terms of the dialogue don't know if that's good or not but it is certainly interesting and worth a read for just that I guess?

Grimmouse197 likes this.
  24. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

so can someone provide a brief synopsis? is this a kryptonian in marvel story?

Grimmouse197 likes this.
  25. Zettai_Ryouiki

Zettai_Ryouiki ...

It's a Chinese fanfic that's why. The translator also skipped a lot of chapters. What happened to the recruitment phase? Went from talking about gangs to injecting the serum.

Grimmouse197 likes this.
  26. TheGodSage

They didn't skip anything though... Just how it flows

27. TheGodSage

Ah nvm I see now, These fucking idiots didn't label the docs correctly...

Grimmouse197 likes this.
  28. Threadmarks: Chapter 11
    TheGodSage

Posted the wrong chaps Aghhhhh

The gangs at that time were just a group of poor people, and they weren't taken seriously by anyone.
    It was not until later that special groups called "Families" began to emerge.

They were "professionals" that came into being after the rise of the industrial society, and their main responsibility is to raise campaign funds for political party candidates and to buy votes for their elections.

In the past, no one would have valued those immigrant groups because of their low status and poverty.

But the "Families" keenly discovered their value, and the gangs formed by the workers at the beginning gradually changed.

One got loads of rum to drink, and the other provided stable votes to politicians.
    The two sides hit it off!

However, no one expected the follow-up development.
    "Prohibition" provided a lot of wealth to these gangs, coupled with the rise of labor unions, labor movements also became frequent.

[Prohibition was a nationwide ban on the sale and import of alcoholic beverages that lasted from 1920 to 1933. But it's smuggling gave a lot of wealth to the gangs and families]

These gangsters had finally found a place in the social order!

On one hand they had loads of wealth, while on the other they had the backing of politicians because of their power to generate votes.

All this played a big role in the rise of gangsters.
    Like the Irish gang which Uncle Frank was part of, they had a very close relationship with the senior executive of the National Brotherhood of Truck Drivers, Mr. Jimmy Hoffa.

[Editor note: Teamsters.]

This union represented nearly one million truck drivers and warehouse workers, and later reached 2.3 million members at its peak.

It can be said that if you one was running for mayor or councilor and if they can get help from the union, then it was already a win for them.

Gangs, labor unions, and politicians come together in a tight chain of interests.
    "It's a pity that this glory won't last long" Luke silently mulled over it.

Whether it is Irish or Italian.
    Their power was only temporary.
    Even if the former succeeded in electing Kennedy as the president, and the latter had close ties with Edgar Hoover, the first director of the FBI.

It was just that the gangsters are, after all, a deformed product of social order.

With the end of World War II, they will inevitably decline and will be reduced to tools in the hands of politicians and the rich. It would be difficult to regain the glory of the past.

'In marvel, a gangster has no future. Even if he becomes a Godfather or Family Head!'
    These were Luke's inner thoughts.
    Seeing Luke's indifferent look, Frank finally lost his cool.

"Why are you so stubborn? Can't you just do what I ask? Join the gang and you will have a secure future, you will be able to take my seat. Why don't you want to? Stop wasting your life! The world won't accept you for nothing!"

He had a good relationship with Mr. Jimmy Hoffa of the National Brotherhood of Truck Drivers and he didn't wish to ruin it. After retiring, he may get a seat as the honorary president at a branch in the union.
    Although it was just a position with no power, he was going to get a good salary every month.

If Luke joined the gang, then there was a chance that Mr. Hoffa may help out Luke in settling in his life.
    "Uncle Frank, don't worry about me. Here, cover yourself with a blanket, it's still cold outside!"
    Luke didn't refute and put a thick blanket on Frank's legs with a grin.

If he followed Captain America and joined the Howling Commandos, he might really be a war hero!
    Unfortunately, even if one becomes a hero, he is still a tool or a mascot in the eyes of politicians and the rich.
    So Luke had another idea.

Meanwhile, at a military camp somewhere in New York.

In the conference room, the female officer is reporting about the incident at the conscription station to her boss.

"— Colonel Phillips, I think that guy named Luke Cavill has a problem!"

29. Threadmarks: Chapter 12
    TheGodSage

The next day, early morning.

Luke, now drafted in the military, packed up his luggage and went with Rogers, who was more than just excited, to take a special military truck to Camp Lehigh in New Jersey.
    Before leaving, they met several important personnel from the Strategic Scientific Reserve.
    For example, the serious-looking, Colonel Phillips.

The creator of the Super Soldier Serum, Dr. Abraham Erskine.
    Howard Stark, who was well known in New York.
    And of course, Agent Carter, who still had a cold expression.
    And so on ...

The Strategic Scientific Reserve was a temporary organization specially established by the Allies to win the war.
    It was personally approved by President Roosevelt and the heads of the European countries.
    The main purpose of such gathering elites from various fields was to fight against the Third Reich's Hydra - a certain evil organization symbolized by the monster Hydra.
    The secondary purpose was to implement the 'Super Soldier' plan and to end the war which was sweeping through the world.
    The current leader of Hydra is Johann Schmidt, nicknamed 'Red Skull'.
    He was said to be a member of Hitler's inner circle.

His authority was so higher that he was one of the people whose approval led to the formation of the Secret Police in Germany.
    ‘Red Skull isn’t the one who founded the Hydra…’
    Luke thought as he sat on a military truck, swaying from side to side.

He remembered the cartoons mentioning that the origin of the original Hydra was quite early enough to go back even further.
    Red skull just used this name.

There were some similarities between him and his idol, Adolf Hitler.
    "Luke, do you think we would meet Bucky?” Rogers asked, clutching his bag.

Thinking of Bucky's surprised expression when he finds out that they have joined the army and set foot on the battlefield, he couldn't help looking forward to their next meeting.
    Luke laughed and said, "Bucky should have already reached England and may even be fighting in the war as we talk.”
    He could understand why Rogers was so obsessed with serving in the army.

For a long time, this little man had been made fun of and bullied because of his thin figure.
    In such cases, the future only followed two paths.

Some people, like Rogers, maintained an optimistic and positive attitude;
    While others developed distrust and self-imposed apathy.

The former are few and far between, while the latter are numerous.
    And this was probably why Steve Rogers became Captain America.
    He was a man who always had a positive approach to things.

Rogers was keen to serve in the army, not out of strong patriotic feelings —— he wasn't the kind of a person who was eager to get some military honors and medals.
    This skinny little guy is trying to prove that he was no different than the stronger guys.

"Luke, why did Howard Stark go to Camp Lehigh? Was he also drafted as a soldier?” Rogers asked with a curious face.
    He didn't know anything about the 'Super Soldier' plan or the Strategic Scientific Reserve.

He only thought that they went to Camp Lehigh to receive training for new recruits.
    "Stark isn't the same as us, he's a scientific consultant. A full-fledged senior officer!"
    Luke shook his head.

As two new recruits, how could they compare to Howard Stark?
    Both sides were treated differently!

Howard Stark was able to take a smooth and comfortable private car and talk and laugh with a group of senior officers along the way.
    In the evening, he might even go out and have fun.

While he and Rogers had to stay in the military truck that rocked like a lurching ship.
    Luke smiled meaningfully, "Get ready to live like a soldier, Rogers!"
    For Rogers, who was far from strong, recruit training is no easy task.
      ……
      ……
    A week later.
    "Steve, are you all right?”
    Luke, who finished the rucking, handed a towel to the thin little man.

(TNote: Rucking = Walking a long trail with a weighted rucksack)

He looked like he had been fished out of the water, and his military camouflage was soaked with sweat.
    His chest was heaving up and down heavily, as if pulling the bellows, emitting a heavy huffing and puffing sound.
    Even the easiest 5-kilometer rucking was an impossible challenge for Rogers that had poor physical fitness.
    "No, it's fine! I just need a break ... and I'll be fine!"

Luke looked at Rogers, who was talking between each breath he took, fearing that he would suddenly pass out.
    Steve was able to persevere until now, forced himself to stand up, he was indeed very determined.
    Regardless of each day's training assignment, Rogers was the last to finish and the one with the worst grades.
    But in terms of efforts, he wasn't inferior to others, sometimes better than others.

"I feel much better! Thank you, Luke!" After a few breaths, Rogers thanked him with a grateful smile.
    If it wasn't for Luke's help, his situation would have been much worse.
    To Rogers, Camp Lehigh was no different from the streets of Brooklyn.

People relied on strong muscles and built, bullied the weak; Such bastards can be found everywhere.
    Luckily Luke came forward, otherwise Rogers would have already been beaten up more than once.
    "Huddle up!"

A sharp whistle resounded, and the recruits, who had long since developed a conditioned reflex, trotted over and stood in neat formation.
    Some of them had learned the hard way about what happened when they disobeyed orders, or what happened when someone acted like a prick.
    That cold faced female officer with a British accent wasn't as weak as she looked.

The recruit who took the punch, Gilmer Hodge, was very vocal about this - he still had a Band-Aid over his nose bridge.
    What's more, high-intensity physical training every day was enough to release everyone's extra ‘energy’, by the end of the day they were too tired to create trouble.
    "From the report over the last few weeks, which recruit has the best scores and the best performance?"
    Standing not far away, looking at the new recruits being lectured, Colonel Philips asked.
    "It's Luke Cavill.”

Carter, who was holding the score sheet, raised an eyebrow.
    She really didn't expect the answer to be the young man from Brooklyn.

Not only was his marksmanship amazing, but his performance in other test subjects were excellent.
    Shooting targets, marching with weight, climbing barbed wire and other physical training.
    Luke could easily win the first place and left the one who was placed second, far behind.
    "I knew it! Erskine, as I said, Cavill is the most suitable candidate!"
    Colonel Philips said as he clapped his hands.

He looked at Luke, the strong, sturdy man in the lineup, with admiration in his eyes.
    The other party perfectly conformed to the definition and image of a good soldier in the Colonel's mind.
    "Wait! We still have time.”
    Dr. Erskine, who was standing nearby, replied.

His eyes didn't stop at Luke, but looked at Rogers, who stood out in the lineup.
    If they were to choose a big strong man as the Super Soldier.
    Then there was no need for Erskine to start this secret selection at all.
    Just pick anyone out of the army.

In this world, there had never been a shortage of good soldiers who knew how to obey orders and had strong muscles.
    However, it was quite difficult to find a truly good person, they needed a 'Super Soldier' who had strength but will never misuse it.
    Erskine knew he didn't have much time, but he still chose to be patient and think carefully.
    He had high hopes from Rogers.
    That thin little guy has a rare quality that touches people's hearts!

"You asked me to look into Rogers' life! Yes, he is indeed a ... good man! But what's that going to do? If the bureaucrats of the Committee know that the choice for Super Soldier was a thin guy who was as skinny as a piece of wood and can’t even finish a 5km run; What will they think?"
    Colonel Philips said with discontent.

In his opinion, war was a matter of comparing the strength of both sides, not the character of the soldiers.
    "The selection isn't over, time is not up yet. Colonel, let's wait patiently for a little longer!"
    Dr. Erskine continued with this answer.
    But this time, his eyes turned to Luke.

30. Threadmarks: Chapter 13
    TheGodSage

Before going, Dr. Erskine said as he looked at the training soldiers.

"General Patton once said, 'Wars might be fought with weapons, but they are won by men'! We can definitely win this war because we have the best soldiers!"
    "The Strategic Scientific Reserve is composed of various national allies. The best and brightest of the free world have gathered here! Our goal is to build the most powerful army, ever! And every army has a leader!"
    "By next week, we will choose that person!"
    "He will be the first super soldier!"

"Similarly, he will send Adolf Hitler to hell with his own hands!"

"..."

At the end of the two-week training-program for recruits, Colonel Philips finally revealed the 'Super Soldier' selection program.
    He held Carter's score sheet in his hand and looked over at the tall and well-built Luke.
    As expected, this young man from Brooklyn was still excellent.

Judging from the physical quality and the comprehensive results from various training programs, it was a well-deserved first place among the recruits of Camp Lehigh.
    ‘This is the super soldier the country needs!’
    Colonel Phillips was very satisfied with the results.

But when his eyes accidentally landed on the thin and weak Rogers, he couldn;t help but sigh.
    Despite the fact that the other party trained seriously and never slacked off, his naturally weak physique made it very difficult for him to become a competent soldier.
    "I really don't know what Erskine is thinking!"
    Colonel Phillips was a little annoyed.

He was under pressure from the Committee and the White House's watchful eye.
    If the 'Super Soldier' couldn't satisfy the military, then his career would be over.

It was important to know that various countries had invested a lot of manpower and resources to set up the Strategic Scientific Reserve.
    Now, everyone was waiting for the result!
    After the meeting, the recruits were dismissed.

However, the recruits had half expected who was going to be selected and were bootlicking him.
    "Boss Luke! Your performance should be the best of all the new recruits. You should be the super soldier!"
    Back at the barracks, Gilmer Hodge, who had been lectured by Carter, was one of such people.
    He was considered a mob character in the original plot.

He often bullied the skinny Rogers, because of his large size and hard fists.
    However, this time, things were different due to Luke.

Hodge, who felt satisfaction by bullying the weak, suffered the first defeat in his life.
    On the night before arriving at Camp Lehigh, Hodge tried to make fun of Rogers, but Luke stuffed his head into the toilet.

He thought his fists were hard enough, but Luke, who had beaten gangsters, cut down gangs and 'painted houses', had a lot of real life experience. It was like a sheep meeting a lion, it was a one sided massacre.
    Since then, no one among the trainees would dare to mess with the Brooklyn duo.
    Hodge, who was stuffed into the toilet, became Luke's faithful gofer.

He would follow him around every day, calling him boss. Just like a bootlicker!
    Luke once wondered if the guy had masochistic tendencies, or if his brain was filled with water when he was stuffed in the toilet.
    (TNote: head/brain filled with water = became an idiot.)

However, he later realized that bullies like Hodge, who were afraid of bullying and bullied people, often believed in the simple thinking that 'the strong have the last say'.
    Therefore, it was normal for him to act like this.

All in all, Luke seems to have turned on the King of Soldiers template and had managed to dominate the entire Camp Lehigh without realizing it.
    (TNote: template/ character template = It's where you define your character's race, backstory, appearance, abilities, goals and flaws—everything you'll need to successfully place them in your game/story. For example a Character card.)
    Colonel Philips not only praised Luke, but he was hailed everywhere he went in the barracks.

"Use your head and think about it. If the conditions for selecting Super Soldiers were training results and strong muscles, then couldn’t the military just pick someone from the army?"
    Luke didn't treat Hodge differently just because this guy bootlicked a lot.
    "Yes, Boss Luke has a point!"

Hodge had a smile as he cleaned the barracks.
    "Steve, don't be discouraged! I can see Dr. Erskine thinks highly of you!"
    Ignoring the fawning Hodge, Luke walked up to Rogers.
    The future Captain America is somewhat depressed right now.

When he saw Luke's excellent performance and thought of his poor performance, he was inevitably a little depressed.
    "I wasn't thinking about becoming a Super Soldier. But I'm starting to wonder if my choice to join the military and serve was the right choice? Maybe Bucky had a point. If you aren't destined to do something, giving up is also a kind of courage!"
    Rogers sounded like he had reached a new low point in his life, and his tone was full of doubt towards himself.
    Through these days of training, he finally realized how weak he was.

"I don't think so. Dr. Erskine saw you and drafted you into the military, so he surely found some good qualities in you that are worth considering! Confidence, that's the secret to success, don't be defeated by a momentary setback! A character of gold is worth more than strong muscles ..."
    Luke brought up a steaming bowl of chicken soup for the soul, filling Rogers' eyes with light and fighting spirit.

(TNote: Chicken soup for the soul = speech/story intended to encourage someone to make more effort or to think more positively.)

If he kept up the good work and said a few more inspirational sayings from the future, perhaps Captain America would regard him as a spiritual mentor.

‘So, it was possible to learn something by reading some marketing mottos…’
    Luke breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Rogers's mood slowly returned to normal.

After all, Captain America was an important part of his plan.
    During the 2-week training for recruits, Luke unapologetically distinguished himself and achieved excellent results.
    And he did that obviously for the Super Soldier Serum.
    It was just that.

However, he didn’t wish to wear the star-spangled banner uniform and take Captain America's place!
    ‘Even if I become a super soldier, I will inevitably be regarded as a mascot by politicians! I don't want to perform on stage and debut as an idol!’
    Luke's thinking is very clear.
    The military researched the Super Soldier Serum.

The real purpose was to form an invincible and powerful army.
    In this way, they could march into Berlin and end the war.

According to the development of the original plot, Dr. Erskine will be assassinated, the only sample will also be destroyed, and the formula for the Super Soldier Serum will be lost forever.
    Rogers' usefulness at war, as the only Super Soldier, was at most as an mascot to promote buying of war bonds - that was what the politicians thought.
    If Luke replaced Rogers and donned the Stars and Stripes uniform, his ending would probably be similar.
    Suppose he did it differently and saved Dr. Erskine.

The next step would be the mass production of Super Soldiers.
    Luke still wouldn't have any future, because he would no longer be the special one.
    Therefore, after much consideration.

Luke decided to show his excellent side and strived to win Colonel Philips' admiration and put more pressure on Dr. Erskine.
    With two suitable candidates, the story may progress differently.
      ……

……

At dusk, Erskine went looking for Luke, who was resting in the barracks.

The German scientist didn’t beat around the bush and explained the reason for his arrival.
    "Colonel Philips thinks you're the best candidate for Super Soldier. What do you think, Luke?"
    Feeling that scrutinizing gaze, Luke's kept his calm..

After a moment of thought, he replied without hesitating, "What a super soldier needs to possess is not just a strong body, rather, it's knowing compassion and having a good heart!"
    He could see that Dr. Erskine was testing him.

Rogers was always the right person in the other party's mind.
    After the 'Red Skull' incident, the German scientist had a bit of trauma.

Even if Luke performed well, Erskine wasn't as impressed as he was by Rogers' words at the recruiting station.
    Erskine pushed the glasses on the bridge of his nose and asked with a hesitant tone, "Who do you think meets such conditions in the camp?"
    "My friend Steve Rogers. His character is most trustworthy."

Luke's eyes were determined, as if he was inwardly convinced of this.
    Hearing this satisfactory answer, Erskine's last doubt disappeared without a trace.

Originally, he was suspicious of Luke's involvement in the gangs and the high probability that he had blood on his hands.
    He was afraid that if the other party became a super soldier, he would be like Red Skull and completely lose his sense of humanity!
    Because of the effectiveness of the serum, that is what would happen.
    "Very good!"

Erskine patted Luke on the shoulder and smiled approvingly.
    Originally, he and Colonel Philips had very different ideas, and neither could convince the other.
    Luke's answer completely dispelled Erskine's doubts.

He spoke solemnly, "You will both be super soldiers!"