1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Mass" Tagging

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by owrtho, Mar 25, 2017.

1. owrtho

owrtho Unknown Member

So, this is mostly being asked out of curiosity, but recently in a thread I take part in, another user tagged everyone who had made a particular vote choice with the purpose of suggesting they instead consider voting for another option. After doing so, someone stated that they should not due so as mass tagging can be infracted and may potentially result in a ban. After looking through the forum rules, I found nothing that suggests mass tagging is not permitted, and I fail to see any reason why it wouldn't be. I myself have found it useful on occasion to draw the attention of groups of people for similar purposes to the one noted above.

At any rate, I thought the most expedient way to get a proper answer to the question would be to ask the staff, so that's what I'm doing.

Also, to clarify, when I specify tagging, I mean making use of either @owrtho or [user=2335]me[/user] which results in owrtho and me respectively along with sending an alert to the specified user, thus (in theory) drawing their attention to the post much as quoting someone does. Mass tagging would in turn be tagging more than a few people in a single post so as to draw the attention of all of them.

owrtho

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. Nuit

Nuit L'immortale Capo

I see no reason as to why it would be. Perhaps if it was tagging a large amount of people for the purpose of trolling but your instance sounds fine in my opinion.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. ultima333

ultima333 Happy Sunflower Time Administrator

There's no rule against mass tagging. However, if someone mass tags very frequently, and mass tags people multiple times for the same vote, then it could fall under the banner of not being polite. Especially if people have asked the person to stop.

Basically, don't be rude about it. And don't bother people that ask to not be bothered.