1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[DELETED]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Vagrant, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Vagrant

Vagrant Getting some practice in, huh?

[DELETED]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    Kminari, Edifier and Magon like this.
  2. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

What color is her hair?

Poor choice for infiltrating Japan, although her current form might be due to Mei and Deku.

Likely would have different names in other East Asian nations.

Vagrant likes this.
  3. Edifier

Edifier Trusted within thoughts.

I'm enjoying this! Even though I've only read like one chapter of Battle Angel Alita It feels a lot like it. I really loved the other manga by that artist, the one about the Aqua Knight, the positive feelings carry over.

Vagrant likes this.
  4. Akuma-Heika

I wasn't questioning the choice of going with an Asian race, just the Gaijin one made of mixed-East Asian heritage (double or nothing :p). The mixed Asian heritage would have worked fairly well in the rest of Asia or the US (especially Hawaii or West Coast), but this combination would likely attract attention in Japan. For an infiltrator, that is not a good thing.

More specifically, I was referring to the extreme racism the Japanese generally have towards East Asian non-Japanese races. I know it is common for Japanese citizens with Korean ancestry to try to remove any trace of their Korean ancestry (and this in a culture with Ancestor Worship [although I guess that has likely lessened in the last century]). Biggest thing I know of was a Mongolian girl driven to suicide by her classmates (this probably happened 2016 maybe, I could be off, but I am positive it was post 2010). Did any of the kids get juvie? No, they said they were 'sorry' and that was it. The teachers? Still gainfully employed, even though they allowed severe bullying to go on until the girl killed herself. Principal? I am not sure if he was even questioned.

5. Edifier

Edifier Trusted within thoughts.

Robot girls are pretty sexy. I wish the best of luck to them and the slaying of great giant monsters.

Vagrant likes this.
  6. Akuma-Heika

In my first year of college, I had a roommate from mainland China, and he would have been offended from this, but fair point. If you are not paying attention, then it is possible to miss unique traits.