1. The Seventh Rule:
    Threads that have been dormant for 1 month are considered dead threads. IF you make a post to a dead thread, it must be a significant contribution; story update, new information on current events, new activity for games elsewhere, etc. Asking if a story or quest is dead or will be continued does not count.
    Brought to you by your oppressive neighborhood ⑨
    Dismiss Notice
  2. After some discussion backstage, I have altered Rule 2 a bit to clarify its function. Please check it out in the Rules post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. After repeated requests and a backstage conversation, I will shortly be implementing an Index subforum in each of the Q&R forums and the NSFW CW forum. Our mods have agreed to do the dirty work of moving said threads, which will be done over the next day or three.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Alerts on thread OP posting are now enabled.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The server upgrade has been completed. As usual, any infelicities may be reported in the appropriate subforum.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. In light of the flood of reports concerning political posts and the repeat offenses of people arguing over the same subject for the last couple months, politics is now banned on QQ.

See the post in the Announcements section for more details.

Dismiss Notice
  7. In the wake of the recent Cloudflare information disclosure issues, we've been asked several times whether QQ might have been affected. QQ does not use Cloudflare in any capacity, and so is not affected by the Cloudflare bug. You may wish to take action regarding other Cloudflare-enabled sites you visit (in particular SV), but there is no problem regarding QQ.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. It is with sadness, that we have to announce the loss of a QQ member. Thunderbolt passed away in his sleep several days ago. We were informed of this loss by his wife using his account.

Be respectful of his passing. Drop by this thread, if you want to say something nice.

Dismiss Notice

NAA is Confused

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by notanautomaton, Sep 29, 2016.

1. notanautomaton

notanautomaton Not too sore, are you?

The rules of the site do not forbid shitposting, nor do they demand that I obey the OP of a thread. So why was my recent post infracted?

2. Seru

Seru Death Templar

Shitposting is not on topic.

3. notanautomaton

notanautomaton Not too sore, are you?

Or is it?

4. Seru

Seru Death Templar

Mmk. I am going to break this down as much as I can: A tangent is when the conversation is productive, but not about the topic at hand.

Imagine a line then an angled line, before returning to go parallel. That is a tangent.

Shitposters wipe their ass with the paper the lines are on.

5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

In fact, they actually do. ESPECIALLY if you were asked to stop by mod or thread OP.

6. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard

No. No it isn't.

To give a slightly more thorough, although less evocative, explanation than Seru did? Shitposting not only tends to bring threads to a screaming halt but quite often will cause severe blockages that can not only prevent further progress for some time but can even cause the entire thread to regress directly away from any sort of productive and intelligent discussion.

That is why you were infracted. For being the metaphorical penny on the tracks of good discussion.

7. Biigoh

Biigoh What is this? Moderator

Actually, there was no infraction... just a straight out time out in the bad poster box.

Sure a case may be made for warnings and being nice, but a 7 day cool down is good, yes?