1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A small reminder that our moderators can't change usernames. You need to directly contact an admin for that, and tehelgee is the jobless one so bug him about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

New announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by FantasyFan, Mar 9, 2019.

1. FantasyFan

FantasyFan Experienced.

How do you determine what is a disposable Email address or not? I'm just curious what set's those apart from others. Is it a specific email service or what?

2. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

Specific email services that provide a temporary email address that lasts like an hour or 24 hours. Emails like mailinator, guerillamail, etc.

3. FantasyFan

FantasyFan Experienced.

Thanks for answering that question.

4. Cherry Lover

Cherry Lover Versed in the lewd.

Does this only apply to the initial sign-up, or will you be banning people who successfully sign up with e-mail addresses you believe to be disposable?

january1may likes this.
  5. ultima333

ultima333 Always Sleepy Moderator

alethiophile answered some of these questions in a different thread:

Sheaman3773 likes this.
  6. EDGEYMCNAME2016

EDGEYMCNAME2016 Kitsunes Are Better, Fite Me Bii.

What has caused this influx of trolls and spammers? Is it due to a specific thread or has this been an ongoing thing?

january1may likes this.
  7. Winchester

Winchester SUPER Hornet!

Good, I was getting somewhat worried when I saw it because "disposable e-mail" used to be synonymous with "web mail" and, well, I've been running solely on Hotmail and Gmail for fifteen years because due to ISP-hopping.

8. Horton

Horton I trust you know where the happy button is?

Google these days tends to start asking for phone numbers if you're making a bunch of accounts, makes sense if you wanna stop spammers abusing your service.

9. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

So does Yahoo.