1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Noodlehammer Banned Justified or Personal Bias? Discussion Thread (closed for some reason)

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadow of doubt, Feb 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow of doubt

Shadow of doubt (Verified Forumite) (Verified Procrastinator)

• Rule 1, Rule 5 - Stop making our jobs harder already.
    Personally myself and a friend think personal bias, I wouldn't think this if he were, I don't know perhaps given a warning like you're meant to be.

Another thing to note is that the rule he was banned on, has a stated exception for WW2 topics, and mentions that a 20+ year prior topics are usually fine.

But just a straight out ban, no warning no nothing?
    Just seems like a personal bias, with the rest of our lovely overlords backing them.

Thoughts?
    I am open to changing my opinion.

EDIT: I think the mods just silenced me? Thread not open for replies? My poll vanished?
    I think I may have hit a nerve.

Well, I tried, sorry folks.

Oh, new rule, I suppose the ban for noodle is now covered by rule 9, neat.
    Understandable, I've satisfied my curiosity now! Predated Ban for Rule 9!

After reading the full thread I understand completely why he was banned. Sounds stupid but it happened, honestly sorry about this post, the mod explained the situation below quite well.

Leaving this up for record keeping, always hated it when people would remove shit they didn't like and pretend it never happened.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  2. Moderation: Enough.
    Generic_Generica

Generic_Generica Verified kōhai

The decision to ban Noodehammer was, frankly, unanimous. Posts explaining the rationale behind his ban have been posted in several threads at this point, which I am linking here, here, here, and here.

We had already talked to Noodlehammer privately before about this kind of thing. He proceeded to go on about holocaust denial of all the terrible topics he could've possibly gone on about. The staff convened and unanimously decided to eject him from the forum after seeing that we'd already talked to him privately.

Yes, the warning wasn't given publicly but frankly, our users aren't actually entitled to view every aspect of another user's dirty laundry. You're also not entitled to back-end mod decisions the staff here on QQ makes.

I make these points because you appear to be under the delusion that you are entitled to those things. You are not. That is not a privilege that has been conferred upon any of you for a very, very good reason. This thread is, in fact, emblematic of those reasons.

This thread remains locked, again, for obvious reasons. No good can come from it.

The thread's OP has also been put on mute for a month. I will be blunt. This is the most backsass I've seen over a mod decision in a long, long time. It's made more galling by the fact that the mod decision in question was unanimous. Every single member of the staff who looked at the report Noodlehammer generated agreed - Holocaust denial was, actually, a topic that is verboten on QQ. There was no dissension. There was no disagreement from any members on QQ's mod team about this subject. No members of the mod team tried to perform gymnastics in logic to justify holocaust denial like so many of our users appear to have done - in this thread and in quite a few other threads.

Let me be perfectly clear. Holocaust denial is bad. We don't tolerate discussions of such on this forum. End of speech.

If more threads or posts pop up in the same vein as this one, mutes of increasing length will be continuously conferred until the offending posters give up, or we end up having to evict them permanently from QQ.

This is not up for discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.