1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Fuck, here we go- [SI Quest, Skyrim]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Vindictus, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

The first thing I noticed was the sound. Creaking wood and the heavy whuffs of a horse breathing. The second thing, naturally, was the splitting migraine and too-bright sun.

"Hey, you. You're finally awake, huh?" The voice was somehow familiar, but that took a side to my moaning and attempting to cover my eyes.

At which point I noticed the bindings.

"You try to cross the border, eh? Got ambushed by these Imperial milksops, I suspect- Just like us, and that thief over there."

Oh no. Bits and pieces of what was happening were coming to me- Like words from a script I had read once and forgotton. Enough that I could recognise where I was, but still not enough to tell me what exactly was going on. Which was odd- Knowing where I was, I SHOULD have had more then that.

I had played through this scene more times then I could remember. So why was this all so... new?

"You there. You and me, we shouldn't be here." Oh hell, you're telling me? "It's these Stormcloaks the Empire wants."

The first man shook his head. "We're all brothers in binds now, thief."

"Shut up back there!" The driver barked, and the conversation momentarily dimmed. Looking at my hands, all I can see is the straps of leather that hold them shut. My mind flickered for a moment, considering possibilities. I knew how to fight in theory, from dim memories and a few martial arts classes. Looking at the hardened warriors I was seated with, however, forms and technique seemed unimportant- Especially when I noted the bloody stains on their jerkins, and the splattered patches of rust on the chain beneath. A dark feeling settled in my gut as I realized how completely out of my depth I was.

I was stuck in a world at war, without training or resources.

I was going to die.
    __________​

The wagons rolled into the town. The grizzled man mentioned a name- Helgen- That struck an alarm somewhere in the back of my mind, although I could not place my finger on exactly why.

The man's mumbling about childhood romance and berry-laced mead didn't really help. Neither did the lurching stop, the thief's panicked question, or the finality of the man's statement.

"End of the line."

The thief tried to run, in the end. He was skewered with a dozen arrows before he made it out of sight. The soldier reading names off looked at the list one final time, and then up at me in confusion before turning to the officer in heavy plate beside him. I couldn't make out what he said, but her response was loud and clear.

"It doesn't matter. He goes to the block with the rest."

... What a wonderful first impression. I could already tell that I hated her. Not that it mattered in the long run, I thought as blood splattered across my face.

Maybe it was undignified, but I refused to walk to my death. A pair of centurions grasping you beneath the arms and dragging you to the chopping block wasn't much slower though.

As I lay, blood congealing on my neck, all I could see was the axe. It raised up, and I closed my eyes for a second.

I was as good as dead, if not for the dragon showing up.

Standing slowly, I looked down at the dazed headsman. Blood pooled underneath his head- Probably a major injury, judging by the amount of it and the speed it pooled at.

Feeling rather petty, I gave the soon-to-be corpse a swift kick in the belly. After a brief exclamation and shaking of my foot, I made a note to not do that again- Ringmail is a lot more solid then it looked, apparently.

[] What do?

screamapillar likes this.
  2. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Reserved

3. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Reserved

4. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Note- I reserve right to say 'Fuck you guys, I do what I want!' if I think that the winning vote is OOC for me.

5. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Weren't you the one who said earlier that SI quests were self-indulgent?

6. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

When did I ever claim to not be a total hypocrite? O:)

Anyway, figured I'd try this out and see if I can make it work.

7. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

So, if I'm understanding this right, we are forbidden to use OOC knowledge to guide our actions because you've forgotten it?
    That's not good at all.

As for actions, I'd have to either start the game up myself again or at least look at a youtube video of the beginning to feel really comfortable about making a decision, because fuck if I still know what the situation was aside from the dragon attacking and escaping through a tunnel or something.

As things are, maybe look if you can find something weaponish lying around that you could actually see yourself being able to use and then find cover from the dragon?

8. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

[X] Follow the friendly Imperial soldier dude

9. OccularOctorok

OccularOctorok Getting out there.

[ ] Come to the realization that you are and always have been an Argonian.

Use your claws to cut your own bindings off.

10. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Oh fuck yes.

Vindictus.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not drop this game. I have been wanting to play something like this for a LONG time.

11. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Um. You're kinda fucked. I mean if you're normal you likely ain't making those jumps.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  12. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

They're the good guys, right?

13. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Well given the stormcloaks are a bunch of xenophobic racist assholes, yes, by comparison.

14. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

15. Zefferen

Zefferen But why?

This is a pretty awesome premise for a game. I hope your SI gets used to killing though, normal people would probably go mad from killing the sheer number of people that the dragonborn does.

16. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

17. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

18. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Look, I like that Imperial dude too, but they were totally going to execute us just now. Fuck that.

[X] Grab axe, run off. Head north under cover of brush and leave dragon and Empire far behind.

We need some Nordic adventure up ins.

19. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

You mean some freeze and die to wolves without armorness right?

Anyway

[x]Alway's remain aware of the dragon stay away from it's mouth.

20. Spooky

Spooky Quetz is bae, yes! <3

[X] Make sure to always call them wyverns instead of dragons. ;)

21. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

With a final shake of my foot, I looked around. The small courtyard I had been scheduled to die in was in ruins- Stone walls shattered, houses ablaze and a fair number of messily destroyed bodies. An oddly detached part of my mind noticed that the dropping meteors made a nice artistic touch. The rest of my brain, however, was too busy with 'Oh shit, METEOR STORM, what the actual fuck,' to really care about the flaming death-rocks fitting in or not.

"You! Get over to the tower, it's not safe out here!" Ah, good, somewhere with considerably lower chance of the sudden death. Slipping on loose gravel and viscera was hardly pleasant, but honestly? I couldn't get somewhere safe fast enough.

After I got into the tower, the man looked about one last time and then shut the door. "No other survivors," He mumbled before turning to face someone. "Jarl Ulfric, what is that thing? Dragons are supposed to be a legend!"

"Legends don't burn down villages," A tall man that looked vaguely familiar stated. It took me a moment to recognise him- And the other man, too- As the other passengers in my cart. Criminals of some sort or other. Nooot exactly the sort of company I preferred to keep. On the other hand the local authorities had pretty much decided to execute me for shits and giggles, so perhaps now wasn't the time to make snap judgements concerning the rule of law. Also, 'Any port in a storm' and all that.

"We need to find a way out," The red-haired man declared after the sound of rocks pounding earth began to die down. With a broad jesture he commanded me, "Check up top, see if you can find a path to safety!"

Oh, great, I get to be the one to poke my head out and get chomped by an overgrown lizard. "Can you get my hands, first?" I ask, holding them out in front of me. Red shakes his head and mutters about 'No time for this,' but he does split the bindings. Rubbing oxygen back into my fingers, I begin to climb up- OHHOLYCRAPDRAGONTHROUGHWALL!

I practically tumble back down the stairs. The dragon turns and... Sneers? Before barking something that sounds almost like a word at me. Wonderful- The damned thing is an intellegent flying crocodile. Still, it flies off rather then spewing flames at me.

... I have the simultaneously annoyed and overjoyed feeling that it had decided I wasn't worth the effort of killing.

Red, meanwhile, has climbed up and is peering through the hole in the wall. "It's gone. Quick, we can jump down into that building over there!"

Oh, crap. He was serious, too. But on the other hand, the fear of possibly hurting myself by landing wrong was a lot less then my fear of dragons doing Kool-Aid Man impersonations. Breathe in, back up, and don't look down-

In retrospect, I probably should have looked down. I might have missed the pot, then- And if my foot hadn't gotten caught in that pot, I wouldn't have slipped and broken that table.

On the other hand, once the momentary pain was gone? One of the broken pieces of table was pretty much a leg with a shattered, pointy plank nailed in. Decent enough as a makeshift cudgel, although a sword would be far better.

One of the legionarres was crouched in the bottom floor of the house with an elderly man. "Hammond, get over here! Now!" A quick glance revealed a young boy standing in the middle of the street, clenching a stuffed bear and watching another house burn. As he turned and looked at us, the dragon slammed to the ground behind him.

I have to give the kid credit- He ran FAST, without wasting the time to look behind him. He still barely managed to duck behind the wall before the flames caught up with him.

Note to self- Dragon's flames can be outrun.

"Good lad," The soldier stated as the old man clutched the boy to his chest. Then he noticed me, and tensed for a moment. "You-!"

"Me." Er. Turning around, I looked and saw Red behind me.

[] "Him! ... What?"
    [] "Hello, DRAGON?!"
    [] Just run.

screamapillar likes this.
  22. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] "Him! ... What?"

23. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

(x) Run, IDIOTS.

24. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] *pointing insistently as you back away* "Dragon. Dragon dragon dragon dragon...!" /JeffGoldblum

25. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[x] "you can kill each other later. right now we need to help the civilians escape the dragon."

26. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

(x) Run, IDIOTS.

27. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]Feud Later. Run from the Dragon and warn all neighboring Villages, NOW! *Put some bass in it*

28. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

[X] "Hello, DRAGON?!"

29. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

[X] *pointing insistently as you back away* "Dragon. Dragon dragon dragon dragon...!" /JeffGoldblum

30. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.