1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

OP Alerts staying unread

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Twilight666, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

OK, I am not sure if this has been mentioned before
    I searched through this subforum and didn't find anything similar but this might be a part of the update mentioned here.

Basically I have several watched threads that give me an alert and an email when the OP Posts.
    If I check through my alerts list I get the list of them and they get marked as read.
    But that is the only way that they can be marked as read!
    I would prefer it, if an alert would also be automatically marked as read when I read the thread and reach that point.

As an example, I get an email mentioning that story X has updated.
    I come to the Unwatched Threads list and go at that story from my last unread post until I reach the story post and read it.
    Then I either leave because I don't have time or go through the rest of my unread watched threads.

But the original OP alert stays as unread and looks like either I missed an OP post or got a like etc.

Is there something that can be done?

Sovereign Of All and Ddmkm122 like this.
  2. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

Alerts have to at least be looked at before they'll clear. You don't have to click each of them, but you do need to at least bring up the alerts popup. There's not a way to change that, that I know of.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

For what it's worth, on SV, alerts do clear when the relevant post had been read.

That said, to be honest, I'm not sure which system makes more sense, anyway.

Ddmkm122 and Twilight666 like this.