1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Path to Hell (Worm, Dual Past-SI?)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by SneakyDevil, Jan 30, 2020.

Tags:
?

Keep Going

Poll closed Feb 1, 2020.
  1. Aye, train wrecks ahoy captain!

71.4%
  2. No, burn you foul thing.

28.6%
  1. SneakyDevil

SneakyDevil The greatest trick the Devil played was this title

Sneaky: I feel like I should say something here…

…expect infrequent chapters.
    Grey: …

Wait, Warnings!
    Trigger Warning: This story contains poor people, teenagers, urban life, racist gangs, and combinations of the previously mentioned groups. This story also has mean words in it. If any of these things offend you stop reading now.

Actual Warning: Mentions of Torture, Depiction of Grievous Injuries, Character Death… basically expect the reality of an urban city run by gangs with superpowers and the kind of people that thrive in such a place.

Beta’s Note: This… fic is a Dual-SI that’s basically being written by three, sometimes four, people. All of us have different writing styles. You have been warned.

Topic: This is a “what if” asked about the past. “What if the us of 9 years ago had lived in BB?” Does that make it a SI/OC? Maybe? Past-Insert? Writing about the person you were 9 years ago can be… painful. Insightful, but painful.

Opinions and Actions given and taken in this fic DO NOT represent the writers current opinions and should not be assumed so unless otherwise specified.

Note: Connor’s section will have a large variety of text going on, feedback on it would be nice as I am trying to properly show how messed up I was back then. Invisitext will be present but will be little more than flavor text.

Everyone thinks of themselves as the Hero in their story, yet The Path to Hell is paved with good intentions and well-meaning.”

January 4th, 2011, 9:43 PM
    4th and Redding St, Brockton Bay, Massachusetts, USA
    Connor Vladavsky

Any sane person who knows of Brockton Bay might ask: “Why are you out so late, all alone?”
    If they cared, they never cared.
    It would be a worthwhile question, but of course, any such pondering is not without merit, although... no one would ever ask it. At least, not here in Brockton Bay. The city has a way of beating kindness for strangers out of you. Or killing you. Or Both. These days it tends to be both.
    Where is she?
    But it should be of note that I was, in fact, walking alone for the exact danger it represents on a late, snowy, Brockton night. One might question why I would be doing that. I do. Sometimes. I think.
    I want to DIE.
    I stopped, looked both ways for invisible cars and crossed the road. Well, no one would really ask that. If a Thinker were to look at me, and what I was doing, they would know I was baiting. Probably. They would know-I checked over my shoulder and narrowed my eyes. There was a crunch, I heard it. Didn’t I? I frowned, Must have been the wind.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Perception Check Failed.]
    If they knew the roads they would know that I was walking near a hospital. It wouldn’t take a Thinker after that to figure out why if you put the puzzle together. I wouldn’t need to be near a hospital if I thought I would be walking away. They had to know this was bait.
    Stupid stupid stupid stupid useless moron.
    I roughed up the wrong person, in hindsight anyone with that much pull to sweep bio-terrorism under the rug... It was a slip-up. Or at least that what I would tell people. The reality of the situation? I absolutely meant to do it. I didn’t regret it. A message needed to be sent.
    Never regret.
    I took a deep breath. Let the cool air seep into me through my lungs.

It was nice.

It was Quiet.

The sky obscured by oppressive clouds, their thick sticky load drifting down, covering everything in sight. Ruts in the snow made by the occasional car passing down the road, the plows had long retired after plowing more important roads.

It was times like these I-thwip- tried to run but my knee choose to buckle instead which sent me collapsing to the le-thunk- GAHGH!

A̶ǵ̷͞O͏ńY̶͡ raced through me. My muscles spasmed. I hit the ground, left shoulder first. Searing P̶͝À̴̢I̶͞͡N͢͠͠.
    It hurts so much.
    GUblgh.” I tried to speak but blood was all that came out. My lung, she got my lung… With a fucking crossbow? My right arm was effectively useless. Who the fuck uses a crossbow?

Snow crunched and compacted as I propped myself back up. She let me.

“What was that you said to me?” I couldn't turn to look at her. Not yet. It wasn’t time.

Blood slides down my back.

She laughed. “Welcome to the Big Pond, little fish. Huh? Not so big now are you.”

“I’m a fucking shark you fish-” I wanted to laugh, killed by a-”Two-bit thug like you. Fucking useless trash.”

Then what does that make you?
    I smiled, she couldn’t see it.

Blood dripped from my chin.

I could hear the crunch of snow. She was stomping to me.

Come closer little fly.

Whatever she expected, whatever one-liner she had...my left hand had inched slowly into my jacket. It had unclasped the leather strap.

I held still. Listening to the crunches. Was she really this cocky? 10…
    It hurts.
    5…
    It always hurts.
    Cru-NOW! I whipped around and used my right foot as a pivot and the snow to slide me. Quick-drawing as fast as I could, I yanked the .357 snubbed revolver from its holster. The shock on her face was priceless.

I didn’t have time to aim.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Chance to Hit is 21 contesting 18 Armor Class. Hit successful.]
    But my gamble paid off and the shot blew straight through her elbow joint.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Hit Confirmed. Random hit location selected: Left Elbow Joint.]
    “FUCK!” she dropped the crossbow and gripped her arm. “You motherfucker! Just lay down and die like the pathetic predator you are!”
    I refuse to die.
    I gave her a bloody smile. Even if I died here, I took the bitch down. But…

I steadied my arm and fired again. This time it passed straight through her...because she had turned into shadow.

Oh. Fuck.

List of things I didn’t plan for: Sophia Hess being Shadow Stalker.

Well, would you look at that Hess.” I coughed and grit my teeth from the sheer p̢̡̛͞a̶͜͠͡ì̡́͢͟n͠ that wracked my mind. “Looks like we’re both fucked then, eh?”

“Fuck you! Fuck your whole family! I ain’t diein’ here, and when I’m done there won't be a single person left alive to mourn you.” She growled at me and quickly let go of her arm long enough to pick up her crossbow to hook it around her shoulder. “You better hope you gonna bleed out in the snow.”

As quick as she came she was gone again, the only evidence she was here were puddles of melted snow and blood from where I shot her.
    I’m so tired…
    F-fuck. I could feel the cold creeping in now.

I… I can’t let Greyson suffer for my incompetence.

Fumbling with my pockets I managed to stow the revolver and slide out my phone. Hitting the speed dial I waited patiently for the call to go through.

“Grey’s here.”

“Stay low.” I spit some blood to clear my throat. “Sophia Hess.”

I hung up. Fumbling the phone back into my pocket I tried to stand.

I have to…

I had to stand up.

So tired…

I needed to stand up.

Sleep.

I wanted… to stand up...

But I was so…
    T͟͜i̴҉͠r̸̡ed̸͡.̡

January 4th, 2011, Earlier that day
    Winslow High School, Brockton Bay, Massachusetts, USA
    Connor Vladavsky

“Welcome to the Devil’s Bazaar!”
    Not another one.
    I grinned at Gladly as he scratched under his cuffs, looking awkward as always down here in the basement. Really, you'd think that he'd be familiar enough with the routine by now, considering the fact that he's been a repeat customer for the last year and a half, give or take.
    Let me sleep.
    He gave me a weak smile. “Hey, Connor, just the usual…”

The usual being my ‘homemade’ blend of coffee spiked some more of my ‘homemade’ moonshine. Not much, but enough. I smiled at him, “Sure thing, Mr. G.”
    You useless man. Why do you drink?
    I turned away from the cheap plywood countertop to the appliances behind me, also on plywood countertops, mind, and began the brewing and mixing process. “So, Mr. G, what’s got you in a tizzy?”

“O-oh, not much…” I gave him some time, my hands flying through the process as I took ingredients out of the fridge and cabinets next to the countertop, a process that was familiar enough to me that I worked almost on autopilot. “Just got out of a teacher’s meeting, you know? Expect us to filter in as we work through the, ah… meeting.”

Teacher’s meeting? I grabbed the coffee pot and poured some coffee into the cup. Did I miss something yesterday? After pouring in the mix of milk, sugar, and moonshine, I moved to hand it to him.

“Ah, Connor, could you make it a little... stronger?” At this, I raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. If he wanted to pay more, who was I to stop him?
    Why do you trust me?

I measured out another shot and poured it in, making sure to let my instincts stir it just right. I popped a lid on it and placed it on the front countertop. “Well, there you go Mr. G, one ‘special’ coffee with more kick. That will be twelve bucks.”

Remember kids, math is important… just wish the teachers would use this sorta shit as an example rather than how many watermelons on sale Jimmy bought…

Gladly grimaced, but paid in a ten and two ones. “Thanks, Connor, I’m going to need this today.”
    Fucking trash. Useless drunkard. I’d rather beat your face in.
    I bobbed my head in the affable manner that people liked. “Not a problem, Mr. G! We are open as long as the school is, so feel free to let me know if you need anything else!”
    Let me sleep.
    Gladly turned around and left, coffee in hand. The second I heard the door click, the smile dropped from my face. I placed the money under the counter, into their organized stacks of course, since I didn’t want to make any more work for myself later.

That said, I did keep an ear out for more teachers since I didn’t want them seeing anything they shouldn't see while I was running inventory. It’s not like I was afraid they’d report me or anything, but plausible deniability was so much easier to maintain when you really didn’t know anything.

As I wiped the counter down and cleaned up the kitchenware, my mind wandered. Why wouldn’t it? Second day back from a lovely week-long break of leaking money.
    Please. Let me sleep.
    When I first started high school, I never would’ve imagined I would’ve ended up selling candy and energy drinks out of unused lockers, much less escalating to running a ‘secret’ market in the school basement.
    It's a trap filled with such tempting bait.
    But I guess things just escalated to this point? I scowled. I wouldn’t have even had to do this if I hadn't Triggered. Lost my family-good riddance to bad rubbish-but if I wasn’t so goddamn USELESS I would be doing more with my life than just eking out survival. Even with this steady little business I had going on, costs just kept rising.

I put the last glass away. Looking - with what the internet articles I read described as melancholy - at the ‘white market’ section of the ‘Devil’s Bazaar’ as both had been apparently named by my peers. Whatever, I rolled with it. Candy, coffee, energy drinks, stationary… if it was generic and useful at a school I sold it here.
    Why do they let me do this? Are they setting me up?
    I felt a bit smug, thinking of how buying in bulk things that ‘fell off the truck’ and marking them up to be a little less (or a little more) than the retail price actually worked. Turns out, people being lazy is something capitalism can… capitalize on.

Heh. I snorted at my bad pun. I snapped to attention as the door opened again and plastered the fake smile back upon my face. It was a group of students and a teacher, which meant, if the clock was anything to go by, that it must be lunchtime for the seniors. “Welcome to Devil’s Bazaar! What can I get for you?”
    I’m so tired.

Ĺ̨͡͞ȩ̴̴̢͘f͝҉t̶̷͘.̴́.̡͡͝͠.̶͘͡ ͏̛͜҉͢R͘͝ì̵̡͘͏g͠ḩ̴͡t̵͠͝.̨̢͜͟͡.̷̡͘.̶̶̧̕͞

[SYSTEM MESSAGE: Death Save Failed.]

̨̀͘̕͠L̵̕e̢͘f͠͏҉̧t̕.̨́͞͠͞.̨͢͜.͡ ̧́Ŗ̵̸̴̵i͜͡g̸͘͞h̕t҉͞.̷̨.̷̀.̷̸̷͟

Same Date
    Same Place
    Someone-fucking-Else

… Why did Quinlan have to make every lesson so boring? It was hard enough to try and stay awake in the first place... so why exactly did he drone on and on and on about idiotic things like how to find the circumference of a circle, or area of a triangle?

It was annoying, not to mention a waste of time and effort… haa… if only I could actually sleep during the day...

Regardless, I was already done with all the work, and the lesson that was supposed to be taught. This was simple mathematics after all, and frankly I could teach myself the coursework from a textbook in a week that the man in front of me couldn’t in four years. Not like I’d be able to actually test out of the damn class, else I’d be in that rich/smart school on the other side of town rather than here.

Still, because of Quinlan being useless as a teacher, for a multitude of reasons, as well as my own inability to sleep, and being unable to occupy myself with anything I had in my bag… yeah, I was really fucking bored. Was one book really worth two weeks of detentions? …At the current rate things were going… yeah, yeah it was. I mean… I wasn’t paying attention to him anyway, and unless he was going to rip the book out of my hands for the… forty-first time since school started? I wouldn’t pay attention to him at all, period.

Besides, the first period of the day was almost over anyway… not like he’d catch me before the time was up. So with that rationalization, I brought out my book, set it in my lap, and just started to read.

A couple of pages later and the bell rang. Quinlan said something that I ignored completely, since I was sure that I’d overhear whatever he wanted done later in the day. Chances were I already had the stupid thing done already anyway. Haa… and the story was at a damn cliffhanger… this always happened.

Since I didn’t have much of anything nowadays beyond the requisite supplies and a few books I’d… ‘borrowed’, I managed to pack my things quickly, so I could have been out the door quickly… but it was annoying to have to try and barge through a door with so many people clamouring to get out. So, I just sat back and waited until the door was clear enough to leave through. After a few moments of idly looking around, I saw Quinlan scowling at me from the corner of my eye, but completely dismissed the useless teacher as I finally left the room.

Now I’ll admit I’m not a great person by any standard. So when I was face to face with yet another crowd centered in the middle of the hallway, focused on something or one further along, I didn’t bother looking to make sure anyone was hurt or anything even remotely like that. I just carried on with business as usual and walked to my next class.

I wasn’t a ‘social butterfly’, I wasn’t someone that was bothered by other people’s suffering or downtrodden lives, I didn’t even have a single damn friend in the entirety of Winslow… Even that girl everyone ostracized for some reason had someone that she turned to for even some conversation.

Me? I was alone, and honestly preferred it that way. Meant I didn’t have to deal with trying to fake emotions or sympathy for someone else’s sake. Besides that, few people could really compare to the shit childhood I had, not that anyone here knew or cared. Again, I preferred it that way, made it to where I didn’t receive looks of what was probably pity, wouldn’t honestly know since I never felt it once.

After several months, people at least knew not to try and talk to me, they just disregarded me entirely now, maybe they glanced at my back or laughed at my expense for one reason or another, I didn’t care. Regardless of the case, I made my way to my next class without issue… and then proceeded to pull out my book again and start reading.

Gladly was both worse and better than Quinlan. Worse in that he bored me to death in the first minute of every fucking class period. Better in that he allowed me to read whenever I wanted so long as my work was done.

Now that said… on top of being extremely boring, most of the work he assigned was ‘supposed’ to be done in groups. I say ‘supposed’ because I was always the ‘last one to pick a group’ and no one wanted to be partnered with, and I quote, ‘That weird guy that’s always reading and has never said a fucking word’.

Yeah. I’m a bit quiet, what was the first clue?

Anyway, I didn’t even bother with any pretense of being ‘sneaky’ or such, and just brought out the book and waited for my name to be called at some point.

… Okay… I looked up and noticed that everyone else was just doing their own things, gossip, little contests, stupid things. What I didn’t see, was Gladly. Rather… odd considering the man was usually always in this room when I came in, even when I ignored him for my books or work.

Well, I guess I’ll just keep reading, not like I have anything better to do. But just on the off-chance, this will eventually affect me in some way… I’ll keep an ear out to find out what exactly is going out.

Roughly forty minutes into the class, Gladly showed up, looking a little worse for wear for whatever reason and a little haggard. He looked over us once and gave a smile, not that it did anything honestly, everyone else seemed to be too engrossed in their own stuff to care, at least until Gladly decided to ‘call order’ to the ruckus that was the classroom.

“Apologies for being late, important business came up.” And like that, most of the class just went back to their own things, the man was really a push-over, and honestly, I respected him less than Quinlan, and Quinlan and I were on terrible terms given my reckless reading. “Well, considering the time, we won’t be doing any work, but I’ll still call attendance and grade you that way.”

More jabbering from the mass of idiots and fools around me, but they at least turned to whispers for their conversations now, raising their hands or just saying some variation of ‘here’ whenever Gladly called them. It’d take a while for me to get called, so I just settled down, started back up my book and listened for my name.

Eighteen letters later, and it was finally near my position, yet still I read, because again, I had nothing better to do, and I was bored out of my mind. “Greyson?” Eventually, though, my name got called and I raised my hand up, eventually taking it down when Gladly moved on to the next person.

Nothing else happened. I wasn’t a social butterfly, I wasn’t a gang member… technically, I read my book and just waited for class to end. I’d need to meet Connor for tonight’s errand list, but beyond that I had nothing at all to plan for or do after school. Not like I usually did have anything planned beyond borrowing a book, I wasn’t some Parahuman or part of one of the major gangs, I was just a normal fucking orphan trying to make it through life.

I was packed and leaving well before the rest of the class even started reacting to the bell, the quicker I made it to Connor and got my to-do list done, the quicker I got paid and earned my stay. Could be worse, I could be in a foster home… or whatever those things were a shit-ton of kids we-

… Fucking shit Connor.

[SYSTEM MESSAGE: Death Save Failed.]

Connor Vladavsky

I flipped through the stack of bills rapidly, counting them as I went. Another good day looks like I made a net profit of a whopping $140. Which is piss. Well, from the white market at least. I hadn't tallied the grey or black markets yet, being unreliable sources of income from their nature so I tended to keep that for Friday. Despite the name, the grey market was really just an escrow. People paid me to store and post up items, and favors, they wanted to sell, as well as a buy list.

Most of that profit went to the school and the janitor who let me use the basement in the first place. In the end, while the grey market brought a little more income, its real value was making my white and black markets gain foot traffic.

Movie theaters had it right, padding valuable services with confections was a win-win.

A quick flip through the binder I kept under the counter told me nothing new there, a few people behind on storage payments but they always paid in the end.

They knew better than to short change me, I was a reasonable guy.
    I made them pay in the end.
    But that was neither here nor there really. Pushing past the flimsy door that led into the ‘back’ area, an actual enclosed box, I started taking stock of my exceedingly less-than-legal wares. I grabbed the clipboard hanging on the wall next to me and began taking inventory. The less-than-legal status of the ‘black’ market was not some nefarious drug den as some of my peers had speculated. No, the legal status of the various medicines and drugs found here as sole due to lack of brand markings and the fact that my Tinker power had allowed me to refine them in ways that modern technology couldn’t.

Not bad, per se, for me or anyone who uses my product but…

But the fucking PRT would certainly have something to say about it. After all, it's not every day you have a Chemical Tinker pop up. But no, there was nothing nefarious about my brand of sudafed or various non-addictive painkillers(and, if you asked nicely, addictive ones). They all worked as it claimed on the tin with as little side effects as possible… which is to say many and everything from minor to major. Which of course I get blamed for regardless that the standard stuff has worse effects. Not a fuckin’ miracle worker… yet.
    A race that everyone loses.
    But I had plans.

Pink pills, check. Red pills, check. Blue Pills, check. Brown pills, check… In the end, food dye and a printed color-coded legend distinguished what each did. Yet people seem to still confuse them.

Before triggering I was passable at Chemistry, after Triggering… I was still passable at Chemistry. Just because I knew the names of what I carried didn’t mean I remembered them. That's why I marked down a color and colloquialism name for them after all.

“H-hey, Connor?”

Eh? Who the-

I spun around to see… uh… a person who's named…

Person McPersonyface looked at me with worry and radiated nervousness. Or I guess nervousness, they could just be tweaking out. “Connor, can we...talk? I need someone uninvolved.”

I raised my eyebrow at her. This shit again? Why do people always come to me? I sighed and leaned on the countertop, “The Gatorade ICE is four bucks.” If I was told to describe the look on her face at that moment it would have to be a mix of disbelief, loathing, and most importantly, resignation. The resignation was important because a moment later I was four bucks richer and a Gatorade ICE shorter.
    Markup for listening to your shit.
    She took a deep breath, and sip, before looking at me expectantly, when I waved for her to say her bit. “Okay so, I’m in for the little stuff you know? Some glue, nasty words, spitballs…”

I held up my hand and she stopped. “Look, I really don't care what kinky shit you are into or what petty acts of retardation you get up to, is there a point to this?”

She sputtered at my words her face redding, which means I was either right, or she's mad I said it, or both. Probably both, I nodded internally. “N-No! I - We- No!” She looked away. Ah Ha! It was both! “Look, Emma tells me to bully this Hebert loser so I do, okay?”
    I’m losing sleep over this?
    I grunt. She's pathetic, but she paid me.

She seemed to take that as an affirmation and continued, “But recently the two of them, uh that is Emma Barnes and Sophia Hess, were lowkey planning something before Winter Break, I swear they didn’t tell me about this!” She shook a bit before continuing, “A-and yesterday when H-hebert came into school… I had no idea, right? Well, they had stuffed her locker with…” She paused again, this time to hold her hand to her mouth like she was going to puke. She took a few shaky breaths and sips of Gatorade before continuing, “With used tampons and shit and let it rot over the break. Then when Herbert, like the fucking retarded dumbass she is, goes up to the locker and opens it to… I don’t even know what that dumb bitch was thinking. But Sophia just… Slams her into the mess and slams the locker door shut.”

I just… What the everloving fuck? Who does that? Like… what? The logistics of it, breaking into the school and the locker - not that that was hard mind you - carting the trash around… Relying on your target to be an absolute brain dead retard and open it

Every time I think humans aren’t capable of being dumber, I find something that justifies ‘Warning: contents may be hot’ on a coffee cup. Clearly there was some level of emotion on my face that matched my incredulous disbelief because she snorted into her Gatorade. “Y-yeah, I know right? I rolled with it because, y’know I'm not that fuckin’ dumb, but like I didn’t sign up for this. Hebert got takin’ away in an ambulance.” She scowled and shuffled in place, “Emma is a bitch, don’t get me wrong but that is easy to live with. Sophia is a thuggy tool who thinks shes top-shelf shit. Thought I would live with that too, but then she went and ‘pranked’ some loser into the ER.”
    Coward
    I rolled my eyes and sighed, I could see where this was going. “And you run to me now hoping I can what? Protect you from her? ‘Cuz if ya lookin’ for advice then I got nuthin’ for ya. You’re in a hole with two fuckheads, anything less than absolute support for their actions will probably see this Sophia turn her head towards you.” I shrugged, paused and then frowned, “I’m probably going to have to give this bitch a talking to, though, stunts like that could pull the fuzz to this shithole and if it's not obvious, what I’m doing isn’t exactly legal.”

She scrunched her face and gave me an awkward blank look, “Uh?”

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Opening my eyes, I stared at her, “Yes. I will tell people to piss off from you, thanks for giving me a heads up about this absolute shitfest.”

She perked up at that. “Oh! Thanks. So…”

“So, now I go back to my bookkeeping, you go home and I’ll handle shit from here.” Something at that moment however popped into my head. I knew the name Herbet and not from school. “Say, lass, is Herbert’s dad named Daniel?”

She gave me a look I had long come to associate with a non-verbal ‘what the fuck?’, “Uh, iunno, Emma might’ve said something about a Danny during the occasional rant she goes on about Hebert. I don’t really listen though so…” She shrugged in clear disinterest, as obviously she never made the connection. Which I suppose to be fair isn’t one you would really make unless you were looking for it, or happened to keep a note of the more powerful movers in the city. Like I do.

Wait.

Did this dumb cunt just put the daughter of Head of Hiring for one of the larger unions in the city into the hospital?!

Holy Fuck.
    This just went seven ways into a shit sundae. No wonder Gladys was drinking, heavier, on the job. The school must be shitting bricks over this.

My eyes widened as I was hit with another epiphany. The bitch was still in school, obviously, people saw her but the school hasn't carted her out to the police yet. She's got connections, too.
    Why are things never simple.
    My hands balled into fists and I grit my teeth as a flash of potent rage coursed through me. Connections that won’t cover my ass when the police show up for something she did. My entire recent life’s work was about to get nuked as collateral damage from some stupid shitbrain’s attempt at a powerplay.
    Somebody is going to pay. It won’t be me.
    That wasn’t going to fly. Oh no. My gaze slid back to Person McPersonface. “You, congratulations, you have just been conscripted. Clean up down here, I have a problem to take care of.” I power walked from out behind the counter and past her as she started in confused disbelief.

It was only when I started stomping up the stairs did she snap back. “Wait, what? I don’t even know what to do!”
    Didn’t stop you from torturing a girl.
    Without even turning to her I continued up the stairs and replied, “Simple, there is a checklist. Follow it. And I know how much money I’ve pulled in today, if that changes I’m taking the difference out in pounds of flesh. Namely yours. Clear?”

A squeaky “Crystal!” was all I heard before I exited the basement.

I closed the door behind me and glanced around. Seems I left just in time. The kids were milling about finding friends and getting ready to escape the school. The best place to catch this Hess girl was obviously the main exit.
    Scum. Wasting my time. Hate.
    But firstly, I need backup. I don’t know how popular that bitch is, which is probably not at all, but the last thing I need is anyone getting any ideas, or being particularly stupid, and dragging out my confrontation. Blackwell and the rest of the teachers will only ignore so much, after all.
    Cowards. Hate.
    As the number of kids swelled, so did the volume of inane chatter. My eyes darted from group to group, taking in their posture and general attentiveness, unfortunately for me most seemed primed to dash or were absolutely useless to me.

But- Ah ha! Two lads, fit ones, not too engrossed in whatever conversation they were having, looking none too concerned about leaving early. Perfect. People got out of my way as I stomped over to them. “Hey! You two! Busy?”

They looked at me blankly then looked at each other. One shrugged to Two so he turned to me, “Uh, no?”
    Stupid. Useful.
    I smiled, “Fantastic. Both of you, with me.” I turned around and started making my way to the main entrance of the school. It took only a glance at us before the tide of people began parting and making way.

In the silence, One spoke up, “So, uh, Boss. What exactly you need us for?”
    Now you ask?

I snorted, “Nothing too hard. Just stand around and look mean.”

“Oh!” I could hear him perk up, “Yeah, we can do that easy.”
    I certainly hope you can you inbred.
    As we got closer to the main hall of the school Two finally asked the real question. “So, you gonna tell us why you need to to ‘look mean’?”

I grunted, Does it matter? You followed me because I told you to. I answered anyway, “Sophia Hess has decided to make my life…” I paused, stopping in place abruptly to think of the right word to use. “...difficult. So, I’m going to have a very… hrm… blunt, ah, talk with her. Issue?” I turned my head a fraction, just enough to catch his face in my peripheral vision. “Problem?” I ask with a raised brow.

He merely laughed and grinned, “Not at all! Fuck man, why didn't you say so earlier? That nigger bitch has had it coming for a while now.”
    Nazis.
    Great, wanna-be german edgy bois. Still… I could leverage this. Before I could say anything One piped in, “Wait, who?”

Since I was still looking at Two I could see him roll his eyes. “The one that struts around like she owns the school? Pet red-haired race traitor?”

One ‘Ah-ed’ so I assumed I could continue walking. The two thugs had a pep in their step as they followed me, clearly now more motivated than they were before.

It was a short-order before the crowds started to thicken and kids stopped parting for us, requiring me to take a more personal input in my foot traffic. Protests were quickly quashed after a quick look at me and my new minions.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Intimidation Check. 15 vs 11. Check Passed.]
    It wasn’t long until we made it to the front of the throng, just in time in fact as I spot both Hess and Barnes on the sidewalk, having exited the building themselves. At least, I could only assume it was them, not many redheads trailing after black girls in Winslow. Probably. Like, 90% chance. Either way… I inhaled-
    RAGE.
    HESS!
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Intimidation Check Natural Critical 20+6 vs 9. Check Passed.]
    I easily pushed through the startled crowd, making it to Hess with just enough time for her to turn around in confusion. Slow enough for her to be blindsided when my right hook crashed into her face. She was sent reeling back, crashing into Barnes in the process. That sent people backing up, and taking out their phones. Which, with a quick look, sent the lads to work.

I turned back to Hess being held up by Barnes as she blinked spots out of her eyes. A stride took me over to her, and before either could react my right hand snaked out and gripped her by the throat.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Intimidation Check. 21 vs 7. Check Passed.]

Barnes froze as I lifted Hess up a bit, squeezing harder as a did so. Hess’ eyes flew open, unfocused and filled with panic. I squeezed harder. Her fingered scrambled across mine, trying to find purchase. I squeezed harder. Stubby nails dragged across my skin. I squeezed harder.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Intimidation Check. 24 vs 12. Check Passed.]

“Geh,” I slackened my grip as Hess’ arms dropped to her sides too busy sucking in air. “Hess, I want you to listen and listen good. I don’t care what kind of hot shit you think you are. You were a big fucking fish in a small fuckin’ pond. This shit-” She went to say something so I squeezed again. “This shit stunt you pulled with Hebert?” She ground her teeth and looked like she was about to fucking growl at me so I squeezed harder again. “It doesn’t fly, aight? You are going to use whatever contact you fucking have that pulled you out of the fire to squash any hint of an investigation into the shitfest you’ve made.” I slacked my grip, this time letting go completely.
    CONTEMPT
    Hess bent over and lent on her knees, panting, as one hand reached up to rub her throat. “I don’t care if your father is fucking Skidmark or you’re Renick’s personal dick sucker. You bury this 12ft deep or I bury you. Yasno?”

She tilted her head up to look at me with pure hatred in her eyes. I raised an eyebrow and looked cooly back at her. She grunted and went back to massaging her throat.

“Oh and Hess?” She looked up to catch a left hook into the temple. She drops immediately. “Welcome to the Big Pond, little fish.”
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Constitution Save Failed.]
    I turned around to the significantly thinned crowd, looking at the two lads that I brought. “Lads?” The turned from the remaining crowd to look at me. “I’m done here and have better things to do than clear up garbage on the ground. Do me a favor, would you? The dumpster is in the back.”

One chuckled, “Sure thing, Boss.”

One grabbed her arms and Two grabbed her legs. I turned to the redhead, Barny I think it was. She was frozen stiff, eyes wide taking in the scene. The only movement coming out of her were from minor tremors. She slowly looked at me. I scoffed and with a sharp jerk of my head made the sunglasses perched atop the grey bandana I was wearing smoothly slid down into position on my face.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Performance Check Passed.]
    I walked away from the school, there was a lot to do and preparations had to be made. Hess wasn’t going to let this one go, I could see it in her eyes.
    I’m so tired, let me sleep.

[SYSTEM MESSAGE: Death Save Success.]

Greyson ???

The streets of Brockton always had people on them, the alleys where I did Connor’s business less so, but they were still there. It was easy to get through the crowds to the various destinations Connor had me going to, I’d done this enough times to ‘get from Point A to Point D, then backtrack to Point B’, or whatever you want to call it, without issues.

On top of which, people usually paid me no mind at all. Being silent and one of the most average-looking people to exist had its perks, especially when people decided to try and follow me.

Connor had ‘a few’ people that hated, feared, whatever, him, and since I was one of, if not the only one, that he actively gave tasks to… you can see where they’d want a little payback or something. Not that they ever could get to me or even keep track. Idiots and Fools can’t find me again before I noticed them and moved on.

Once again, I reiterate that I’m not a Parahuman, I’m fucked up in the head, have emotional problems, and have physical problems that few can rival, but I’m just a normal human…

Anyway, today’s list was really simple. Get materials for him from some local stores/pharmacies.

I didn’t know exactly what he used those medications for, I didn’t know why he needed… 20 packs of advil, benadryl, and a bunch of other stuff. All I needed to know was the amount Connor needed, what kinds he needed, and to know if I was doing this or the more… questionable services.

If any person who heard my thoughts heard that and thought of lewd shit, I would strangle them.

After the usual ‘game’ of cat and mouse from today’s band of students from Winslow was finished and they lost me, I moved at a leisurely pace towards the first store. Now, before anything else, I’m ‘normal’ in the sense that I don’t look out of place, and I’m not a Parahuman. By no means did that mean I’m normal in the sense of health, both mental and physical. I had a fuckton of shit wrong with me, and it’d take me at least thirty minutes to actually list out everything.

So just take my word in that I looked, and slightly acted, like I had every right to buy an entire section of advil from a store.

There’s the first pharmacy, time to get to work and make sure I got paid.

Entering the way I usually did, which was just walking in the front doors without a care in the world, I immediately grabbed a hand-basket and went to the pain relief section, ignoring everyone that bothered to look up and see me. I made it habit to never come to any single one of these stores too often, just because while Connor had me going to these places every week or so, and I was literally buying the entire stock shown, it would be suspicious, even for broken me, to get so much pain medication.

Anyway, by the time I was done recounting my habit to myself yet again, memory loss is really, really annoying to deal with, I was a-

FUCKING-

Why does my heart give out now of all times? I took Connor’s meds for it, so it shouldn’t be acting up until at least tomorrow morning. So why the fuck do I have to deal with it now?

… Just breathe… it’ll be gone in a moment, then I can just continue on without anything else.

Two minutes. That was how long it took for the pain to subside and make my hands uncross. I was used to this pain, as much as I could be anyway given the different kinds and amounts I had. Thankfully, no one noticed me in pain, I didn’t enjoy being given the looks of whatever it was, it grew tiring really quickly, and just wasted my breath talking to them.

Unwrapping my arms from around my chest, I quickly grabbed the meds on the shelf and stuffed them into the basket, not bothering to count the amount I was purchasing at all. Not like I needed to when this was the first stop, and I had several more places that I hadn’t visited last week. Once that was done, I looked around and picked up a few other random meds, nothing specific since Connor only asked for Pain-meds today.

But, just because he didn’t ask for it, didn’t mean it wasn’t wanted. He did only give the list for supplies he needed.

Less than a minute later I was done walking around and getting meds, and walked over to the register. Basket placed on the counter, I waited passively for the man behind it to go through the entire thing, counting the number of pain meds I’d gotten as they passed over the scanner.

The man said nothing, he never did to me the few times I could recall with clarity, and after all the meds were finished, I took out the money Connor had given me, briefly glanced at the display showing $37.56, before counting out money to cover it without any bills coming back my way.

I was picky with how I handled Transactions. Sue me.

So after waiting for the cashier to sort through the bills and make sure I had paid correctly, because even if this city was a shithole, people made sure they were competent enough to avoid being replaced, I received my change and the meds, and walked out just like I had entered. Now, I didn’t make my way off to the next place immediately, after all, walking into a pharmacy with another pharmacy’s goods was… not a smart idea.

So I went to what may as well have been called a drop-off point… or a ‘safehouse’ if you wanted to be nice.

To be fair, what me and Connor did was dubiously legal… while we didn’t peddle our goods, or rather Connor’s goods since he made the things, it would be illegal if people found out we had them. We’d have the PRT and the police on us, at least one of the gangs barring the Merchants… all because Connor did that from his power. And unlike some of the Gangs, we didn’t have enough power or influence to combat that threat, so it was better to not be caught.

Well, that was what Connor told me anyway, and it wasn’t like he lied to me at all. That was one of the main reasons I followed him and did whatever he asked.

Anyway, I dropped off the stuff there, no-one would stumble upon it unless they knew something was there, I made damn sure of that before I made these ‘drop-offs’, and headed off to the second of three places for today. I was on a time-limit after all, Connor would be annoyed if I took too long to get his stuff and that resulted in less pay for me later.

The second time was largely the same as the first, the only exception being I bought one more thing of meds there. Now, when I got out of there, I didn’t take the meds over to the first ‘drop-off’, that would defeat the entire purpose of making them if people knew where they were and what they contained. So my main solution to that was only going to them twice per trip, once to drop them off, and again to pick them up before going home.

Yes, it was long as hell, but it beat having Gangers or Police steal Connor’s supplies.

So, after going to the second ‘drop-off’ and placing the goods there, I went to the next and last place. There wasn’t nearly as many meds there, unfortunate since I wanted around forty for Connor this trip, even if he only told me to just get a certain kind of med rather than any number. I guess the additional meds would have to make up for it, I was nearly out of money anyway and I should probably pick up something to keep hunger at bay.

… Not like I was hungry, but Connor would ‘needle’ me about it if I didn’t bring something to at least eat. It was annoying.

I looked up into the sky as I exited the store, finding the sky burnt orange and getting darker as I watched, it was time to pack up and go home, give all the supplies to Connor and prepare for the next day. So with all three stores bought from, I took to the alleys and passageways to both ‘drop-offs’, picked up the supplies an-.

My rather mindless actions were interrupted as buzzing erupted from my pocket. Immediately I stopped what I was doing, reached into my pocket, flipped open the phone and brought it up to my ear. I didn’t bother checking who was calling, there was only one person that knew/had my number, and it was the person who had bought it for me to keep in touch with him. So knowing that, I spoke for the first time today. “Grey’s here.”

Connor’s voice came through slightly pained, and immediately my day worsened. “St-ay...lo-w…” There was a gurgle of liquid. “So-phia... Hesssss” The line went dead.

I lowered the phone and closed it. I took a breath, before placing all the supplies down in the first ‘drop-off’ I’d used. I quickly drew up a conclusion from those words, and already was walking away.

Sophia Hess. I’ll be paying you a visit tonight. You’ll be just another corpse by morning. That’s the price for hurtingkilling Connor.

It’d been a while since I had someone to entertain meHave fun within the night.

Some would call me knowing where Hess lived stalking. In a sense it was, but I knew pretty much every important person’s address living in this city, and I only knew the addresses, it wasn’t like I went and spied on anyone in their homes. There wasn’t anything interesting to ever watch to be fair, and books were more entertaining.

It was only at times like this when that knowledge ever came into play, and frankly if Connor hadn’t done what he had earlier today, I’d still not be using this knowledge. As it was, here I amGrey’s here Hess.

So… I sorta have stuff a normal person wouldn’t normally carry everyday, stuff that would make the ‘confrontation’ with Hess a whole lot easier. Stuff like a couple of knives, an electric baton, some handcuffs… stuff like that.

No, I’m not about to say what the hell I normally use those for, normal people are quite squeamish about what I do for fun. Connor and the people who were on PHO certainly wereHe may not be alive anymore. This wasn’t even the more fun equipmentSo many fun things for Grey to play with, that was where we’d be when this was over.

Waiting probably about ten minutes after I got thereSo long… Grey wants to play~, with me just waiting and ‘looking natural’, Hess walked into the apartment complex she called home, looking like she was returning home after a long dayShe looks pained, holding her arm like that and breathing heavy, Grey’ll show her real pain soon enough. She didn’t notice me as she started towards the stairsQuiet, make no noise Grey, the landing being empty of all but one person that was passed out drunk, for all intents and purposes I was unnoticed.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Perception Check Failed 7 vs 10.]
    Perfect~

I got up from my seat, pack left behind sinceNothing of use in itit would just be a hinder, with my baton in hand ready to extend and shock her into unconsciousnessGrey found the screams fun. It was only standard procedure to knock them out when they were both alone and unawareMade it easier to hide, and it was better for me personally to use stun equipment since I was rather weakweak weak weak, Grey’s a weakling that can’t protect anything~compared to everyone else. Just another thing wrong with meGrey’s a broken thing of flesh.

Surprisingly, she didn’t catch onto me even as I flicked the baton to full extendDidn’t expect Grey here. She did however react when the spark and crackle sounded, but by that point it was too late.
    [SYSTEM MESSAGE: Perception Check Failed 7 vs 10.]
    My baton made contact with her temple as her head turned, there was a screamBeautiful pain~before she immediately went down to the ground twitching and spasming in pain… I expected more… Should’ve taken a hit… Should’ve made the attack missto be honest, she hurt Connor and she was this… weak. Whatever, not like it mattered anyway, just a bit morePainof a shock and we’d be on our way.

Leaning down I let out a smile from my normally passive faceGrey’s smile, no-one else’s. All it conveyed was a promise of pain and sufferingGrey knew how to make that, I guessed anyway, I couldn’t see my smile nor feel anything that I was supposedThat was Grey’s jobto so I just had to guess what I looked like to others. Then for the second time of the day, I talkedWhisper about how bad her idea waswithout a hint of anything. “You should have stayed in your pond little fish.”

Before I could see her do anything but spasmLike Grey would enjoy seeing her do anything, or hear her grit something outHer voice was grating, her screams beautiful, I hit her again in the temple with the batonScream little Fishand waited a few seconds before pulling it off. Hess twitched from the electricity coursing through herJust a taste of the pain to come, but that was normal for these… tripsNormal for the normal Humans, other than that, she was out cold. She really was weak, it usually took three hits to take out someone.

WhateverNot worth Grey’s time. I took the pack she had on her off, and slung it over my shoulder, before reaching down and hauling her towards the emergency exit into the alleyHess’d be out for a bit. Once there, I opened the door, hauled her outletting her bang and bruise a bit like she deserved, then left her there and went back inside to get my own bag. She’d be out for at least five minutesThat was the norm for Humans barring Grey and the weird people, probably more given how easy she went downSo weak!, so it wasn’t too much of an issue.

Drunk person still as passed outGrey really wants to play with him, and nobody else was around… I guess they were either in their rooms scared out of their minds from the short screamWould be great for Grey if that was the case, or they weren’t there. Just a guess though, I didn’t understand how other people work. Regardless of that entire thought process, I picked up my bagLeave no evidence behind~, put it on rightMake sure the knives don’t cutand moved off to where Hess was out cold.

Now it was just a matter of getting her over to my place, while avoiding everyone and thing, and keeping her down.

Eh, I’d had worse before… that E88 recruiter made that day so much fun, but damn was he a pain.

Probably a half-hour, and some… five or so shocks, later I was at my second ‘home’ with my ‘guest’Grey’s Personal Space for now... if you count a dilapidated warehouse on the edge of both E88 and ABB territory a homeGrey did. I didn’t use it oftenOnly for supply drops and light work, so it was covered in dust, had blood over the wallsSomeone that called Grey a Liar had fun with Greyand floor and was largely bereft of anything ‘homey’What did Normal Humans understand of Grey’s ‘Homey’, but even so it had a decent enough equipment for my purposes when I came hereSo many things to play with~.

Being on good terms with the people who owned quite a bit of the junkyards allowed me a large assortment of random crapSome useless, some not, as long as me or ConnorProbably just Grey nowpaid for it. Case in point, an operating tableStrap’em down, one with a dried blood, both fresh and not, coating almost the entire thing a faded redSome of it was from Grey’s fun. After a minute of throwing stuff into one corner of another, I wasn’t picky when I had fun waiting for the entire night, I was ready to get startedTime for the fun to start~.

At times like this, I loved having Insomnia. Made it to where I could do everything I wanted and not just fall asleep in the middle of it. Every other time made it a pain though since I had to take Connor’s meds to sleepGrey’ll be sleep-deprived with no-one to tell Grey what to do.

After putting Hess on the table and proceeding the strap her down, I preemptively gagged her with a piece of duct tape over her mouthSo sad she’d be unable to scream. While I would love nothing more than to hear her screamIt was beautiful to hearfor hurtingkilling Connor, I wasn’t about to risk anyone finding out about my fun and my second ‘home’Connor’d need to get me out if he was still alive, especially with me still here. So I’d have to just settle for the promise of pain.

That was enough for me to be satisfied during the fun. Fun happens even without screaming~

Next came the tools, some scalpels, barbed wire, a blowtorch, some pins and needles, the stun baton, a saw… some other crap I couldn’t rememberAll toys to play with on Hessand finally a rolling table to keep everything on. After that was the annoying part, getting rid of the clothing on HessClothing was annoying on the victims. The things got in the way of some of the toolstoys I used, and they made everything so much more difficult to properly imagineCan’t see the skin cut and burned and bleedingwhat to do to make the best ‘impact’.

I make everyone that messed with Connor into an exampleThey deserved it... not that anyone but me really knew since I burned the places down when I was finished using them after a whileThe city always went weird after I did that. My memories of these moments were crystal clear no matter how long ago they were.

After the toolstoys came proper clothing. Connor told me a little bit about how the Police found killers, not that I bothered to pay attention to much of it since it was rather… boringGrey should pay attention next time, if there was one. But I knew the general stuff to avoid. While Merchant clothing was used, and probably very bad for my health in the long run, it was better than using my own clothing that… probably wasn’t appropriate for Brockton to begin with.

Whatever, it did the job in covering me completely aside from my face, I rather liked being personalMade the ‘Fear’ and satisfaction more personalwith these people and showing my face to them as they died. Stupid probably, but I didn’t care.

I used one of the scalpels to part the fabric making up Hess’s clothing, letting me take the things off without undoing the bindings. Hmm?Connor hurt her bad. Under her shirt’s sleeve, the right one,was a improvised-looking tourniquet made from a belt and some other stuff just around her elbow. Pulling it off revealed blood oozing from a rather nasty looking woundConnor managed to hurt someone worse than Grey didit wouldn’t do if she died from blood loss before the fun began.

So I got to work making sure she’d live long enough for my fun, just something to where she didn’t bleed out while I was in the middle of having fun. After that was finished, it took maybe a minute to do the rest of the disposal of clothing, and finally the girl started to gain consciousness groggily. That wouldn’t doNo no no~.

She needed to be fully awake for the fun to start in earnest. A little shock never hurt anyone right~?

Muffled screaming didn’t sound nearly as great as normal screamingNowhere near as beautiful, but it was still nice to hear. The girl only a year older than me convulsed and strained against the restraints, but they held firmAs they did with every other person, Merchants had some good quality stuff buried in all the junk, just took a long fucking time to find thatWell worth the time and effort. Such a pain I’d have to abandon this after tonightTime to move

My smile came back, that ugly thing I only used during these timesGrey was an ugly, weak thing, as she looked around erratically before focusing on me, eyes widening for a moment before narrowing for some reason. Everyone I had fun with either narrowed or widened their eyes, I didn’t understand why or care, so I just ignored herAlways ignore them, it got in the way of Grey’s fun.

I brought up a coil of barbed wire and with a soft humming tuneHumming was something that Grey liked, time to begin my fun. I really wished I could leave even some trace of what I didShow everyone why it was bad to mess with Connor… but it was a bad idea to do thatToo much effort to ensure it didn’t trace back to Grey. More muffled sounds came from Hess as I began, but I paid her no mind until she started ‘screaming’.

Scream for me little fish~ Tonight’s the last night to be alive~

The night was nowhere near ending when I was done, for all that I wanted to just take my time and such… Trigger ‘Events were a thing and I knew the basics of themGrey wondered what that would feel like, especially with Connor there to give me some base infoGrey wants him to tell Grey more things. Unless I became a Parahuman at some pointWould mean Connor would give Grey more work, and ensure Grey had Purpose, fat chance of that happening, these bits of fun couldn’t last for long...

But for what time limit I had… Looking back and slightly down let me see what had become of Hess.

Barbed wire along every limb, her chest and neck. Burns around each piece of barbed wire, the blowtorch didn’t do what I had hoped it was going to do unfortunatelyCan’t make the metal melt into the wounds made, need more time. The thumb was separated on both hands with a scalpel, then I took one of her eyesHess was whimpering at that point. Her throat was cut open at the end again with a scalpelSad to see the Screaming stop. I cut open her chest to see inside for a bit, before tossing a bit of barbed wire in thereSomething Grey wanted to do last time, didn’t have enough barbed wire then.

I did a couple of other stuff, but after a while I just entered a haze and just started hurting herThat was fun for Grey and not the other one here. All I remember doing otherwise was making her stay awake with shocks every once in a whileThose memories are mine and mine alone.

That was… Aggravating. I wanted to savor this fun, like all the othersMy fun not yours, where I hurt and killed others that deserved it for hurtingkilling ConnorGrey wants to have one person to Grey’s self that hurt Connor. What’s done was done thoughGrey agrees, and now it was time to clean up. Unfortunately, as I lamented earlier… everything was going to be goneSo sad, Grey liked this place a lot. Expensive, but necessary for me to continue working and being of use to ConnorI don’t want to be purposeless again.

I didn’t want anything to be traced back to me. So everything needed to be burned.

Connor taught me a few bits of chemistry that he knew by heart, and frankly didn’t even need his power to make properlyHe was amazing like that. Napalm. Something called Boondock Thermite. And a few common explosives. … Connor iswas an anarchist at heart to be fair, now that I think about it. Made sense for him to know about this shit even before triggering.

I always made the stuff for my fun well before I actually did anything else, wouldn’t do any good if I didn’t have a way to burn any of my ‘evidence’ and supplies when the fun here finally came to an end. Now it was just a matter of making sure the entire building would burn to the ground, which meant placing the explosives in places where they would incinerate everything I wasn’t taking with me.

Even after however many times I’d done this, I still had little idea of what I was doing. So I just placed them were I thought they would do the most damage to everything else. The only thing I knew was correct was putting the thermite to where it would hit Hess’s body, the thing was enough to burn through a person’s entire body, so it was easy to put that in the right place.

Next came a way to spread the flames, wasn’t like the building was made of wood or anything. So stupid idea, I took Sophia’s pack outWhy were there weird things in there?, rifled through the thing and found whatever flammables or maybe flammable I could, then just scattered the things around without rhyme or reason.

Then came the time to finally let the burning occur, or rather it would if I didn’t have the thermite to activate first. That was where the blowtorch came in handy though, always carry one when you plan on using fire for fun and using thermite to clean up, just make sure it’s propane. The problem was just getting it to start, but after that, the thermite was great. Roughly just under a minute, give or take a few seconds was the time it took this time, but it quickly caught and started the reaction.

After that was started, it was finally time to end the fun, So I took out the container with the napalm, opened it, and tossed it onto the flammable crap, and finally just walked out after making sure the thing started a flame and went towards the explosives. And with that, I closed the door into the warehouse and made my way home.

A successful nightIf only Connor wasn’t hurtand there was still a bit of time before morning broke. After a bit, I turned around and was greeted with the glow of flames from what was my second ‘home’ for a timeIt was beautiful to look at. Without any thought I took out my book and opened it to where I was before I stopped reading, reading a few pages in the lightFirelight is the best light to end a storybefore turning about and continuing onward.

So Sophia Hess burned. And another person who hurtkilled Connor was gone.

It was a good nightSo much fun~. I was content. A building burnedIt’s quite pretty. I finally turned to the last chapter of my book. The warehouse then exploded as the fire apparently hit the explosives.

Connor should be happyif he’s aliveabout what I did, Hess did deserve what I did to her. I need to go pick up those pills I left at the ‘drop-off’, Connor’ll want themHe may not be therewhen he comes home tomorrowHe’ll come back, Connor always does.

He’s survived worse. Grey wants to have a reason.

L̵̕e̢͘f͠͏҉̧t̕.̨́͞͠͞.̨͢͜.͡ ̧́Ŗ̵̸̴̵i͜͡g̸͘͞h̕t҉͞.̷̨.̷̀.̷̸̷͟
    [SYS̎̃̈́͊ͧ̉TE̯̠͎͇̩͔M M̼̝̤͈͍͗̈́ͅESS͖̞̗̙̖̖̽͛ͬAGE̱̹̲͖͚̥ͪ: Death Save C͏̸͠r̡͢͡í͠t̢̢͘į̡c̡͘͜͟͏à̕͡l̸͢͟͝ ̵͞͠Ś̛͞u̸҉̴̡͟c̸̸̕c҉̀e͏͟͡͡s̴̸̀́ś.]

I stumbled through to automatic doors.
    Blood dribbled from my mouth.

“Doc-tor. Please."

End Chapter Zero.
    System Messages represent dice rolls. Yep. We rolling dice for a lot of this stuff, both as a small nod to Wildbow but also because of my absolutely random and paradoxical nature where one moment I trip over my own feet but the next I'll catch an egg rolling off the counter behind me. And absolutely has no story relevance at all. Trust me.

Despite having like 4 people beta this(probly hafassedly the useless fucks) and my personally going over it like 9 times, I've no doubt missed things. Forgive me.

2. Jonn Wolfe

Jonn Wolfe (Verified Sarcastic) (Not a Wolf)

This is ... dark as fuck.:eek:

TheAuraKing likes this.