1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[PMMM] In the world of Witches...

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Biigoh, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

o/~ I see trees of green, red roses too
    I see them bloom for me and you
    And I think to myself what a wonderful world. o/~

The raspy voice of a man long dead crooned over the network.

It was a foreign singer from the west. His song was in english, but where language might prove a barrier, magic allowed you to understand his words. More, it allowed you to understand the feeling behind it.

And they were enough to bring tears to your eyes. He sang of the world that was, before everything moved on.

Of a world where things made sense, where the skies were and the clouds white.

As the song wound to an end, you wipe the tears from your eyes.

It might be sentimental of you, but that song... it was enough to help you remember the world that had been. The world as it could be, as it should be.

Where you didn't have to hide in a safe house constructed of your magic, where you could walk in the open beneath a blue sky and enjoying the light of a clean sun.

That wonderful ordinary normal world.

It was a wonderful world that you had taken for granted. Even with the magic that Kyuubey had given you.

But that was before,..

Before the shattering of your heart by grief.

Before the world inverted around you, as you were drawn into the Witches' World. That insane realm where the Witches born of Despair came from.

Instinct kept you alive as your soul shone brighter than it ever had and formed a sanctuary for your to hide in.

It was luck that had you listening in telepathically and hear the siren call of H N Elly as she called herself. She was a magical girl who specialized in communication magic. At least, more so than others did.

It was Elly who was broadcasting the music and news. It was she, amongst others, who helped new magical girls who fell to grief and ended up... here.

After all, the notion of creating constructs of magic, probes as it were, to explore the world around you, that wouldn't have occurred to you. It was one of the tricks that was shared by the network. And those probes were far more than just exploration devices. They brought back material that your magic can purify into edible food. They helped protect your sanctuary against... them.

You were trapped in a world gone mad, a world where the Witches came from.

If Witches were insane parodies of magical girls who've ventured into the real world, then... there must also be those who've stayed behind in their world.

And there were so many of [THEM].

All of [THEM] so very wrong.

Twisted.

Perverse.

It hurt your senses to look at them for too long.

And yet, [THEY] wandered the world. Looking for prey. Looking for magical girls who had fallen into their world. Looking for you.

There were those girls who fell into this world, whose instincts were not quick enough. There were those girls whose sanctuary and magical defenses were insufficient.

And [THEY] got to them.

Every now and then, H N Elly's news covered the sad results of those encounters.

As you wipe your tears from your eyes, you kept a sharp ear to Elly's transmissions; it was time for the news.

"Good evening, girls... H N Elly here with your daily dose of news and such. Now I'm sure you've noticed more connections by new girls lately and they've been alive and active. This is in part to the actions of the Walpurgis Nacht group, those girls are truly the bravest of the brave as they wander the wasteland," The happiness and joy in Elly's voice was something that didn't need to be faked.

"In any event, I've got a bit of good news. Those girls in Walpurgis Nacht have successfully converted one of [THEIR] cities. It's the local analog of Kyoto, and they've managed to recover a fair bit of non-perishables and perishables from the conversion. They'll be swinging by the girls around Kyoto to divvy up the goods."

"Now, on to other news, I would like to welcome a new girl from Mitakihara City, whose here in my humble little studio. Her name is Charlotte, and she's the magical girl of... desserts. That's right, girls... we've got someone whose magic is all about making desserts..."

At the sound of the applause and polite greetings from across the network, you can hear the new girl respond with an embarrassed auuu. You have to smile at that, it would be nice to be able to have a cake instead of the dry and dreary food you've been making with your magic.

You'll need to get something to give to this Charlotte to trade. As such, you pay attention to H N Elly's interview that she does with Charlotte.

The information isn't much... but you'll just have to get your hand on some cheese... some how.

As the interview ends, another old song is broadcast...

o/~Here is a little song I wrote
    You might want to sing it note for note
    Don't worry be happy
    In every life we have some trouble
    When you worry you make it double
    Don't worry, be happy... o/~

It isn't much, all you have to keep you sane are old songs played by Elly... but, you just need to keep an eye on your defenses, and hope that someone, somewhere, will work out a way to return to the real world. Or that Walpurgis Nacht can somehow transform the entire world...

And with those thoughts, you slip into sleep and set your constructs [familiars] on patrol.

Owari?

Facepalmist and Heaven Canceler like this.
  2. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

Needs more giant spider.

3. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

So, is this a world post-Kreimheld Gretchen?

4. Biigoh

Get ye to Chibi and give him chibi Spider eye look~

Before~. Goodness me, before... Kreimheld Gretchen is the GOOD end.

5. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Those are all girls who witched out and now think everything except them are witches.
    Essentially in this interpretation witching out doesn't really kill you, but twists your perception of the world, and the conflict between both parties mostly exists, because both are doing what they need to in order to survive, without actually realising they are killing people.
    Both sides think they are saving people from witches instead and Walpurgisnacht is the result of a group of "magical girls" banding together in hope of creating a better future for all of these "magical girls".

6. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Biigoh, is this supposed to be a fic, or a Quest? On the one hand, you've put it in Creative Writing. On the other, it's in second-person present tense, it ends with a question, and you're talking about Good Ends.

In either case - you come up with the creepiest of things, Tanuki-san. *hides behind your tails*

7. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

It's an old snip from the PMMM ideas thread over at -egfdnje-

I DO WANT BIIGOH

SO MUCH WANT

8. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

Why do I think a Fallout crossover when I read this?

Why do I think the name Three dog for our MC?

Why do I want more?

9. Biigoh

10. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

Reminds me of Saya no Uta to be honest, what with the whole twisted perception thing.

Anyway, a nice look into an interesting what-if scenario. T'was a fun read.

Still not enough giant spider

11. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Actually had the same thought when reading it.
    I agree

12. Biigoh

Thank you~

13. Killian_Darkwater

Killian_Darkwater Making the rounds.

A Fallout crossover would always be welcome.

14. GoC

GoC Know what you're doing yet?

I love this sooooooooooo much!
    There should be a megalike button where you spend some of your own likes to give someone a gold star or something for short stories like this! :)

15. Biigoh

Thanks GoC