1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. To make things official, I have added a proper description of the method to appeal a moderator action in the Rules thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Price of Blood [Worm fanfic]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ack, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Caerwen

Caerwen Getting sticky.

wouldn't she have been phasing the bullets into them? Also worm isn't THAT realistic :p

2. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

It's nothing about her phasing. It's not like they're wearing armor, or anything.

I just couldn't see all four dying so quickly.

It's not impossible. It's just unlikely.

As such, I'm feeling a little SOD strain, that's all.

Zackarix and Prince Charon like this.
  3. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Yup.

Brian took two to the body (which he would've survived, given any sort of medical attention) then one to the head (which he wouldn't).

Rachel took a shot to the carotid artery. She bled out in less than a minute.

Lisa took a hit to the kidney and died from internal bleeding.

Alec had a severe concussion from being kicked in the head, then got shot in the chest, which punched a hole through several important organs. He bled out to the point that Kid Win's actions in plugging the exterior wounds didn't actually stop him from dying.

By the time Amy got to them, life signs had ceased.

By the time the ambulance got there, they were basically beyond saving.

So yes, while it's amazing what you can survive, the fact remains that this is amazing because of how often people do die from it.