1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Private Thread?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by Necrorifter, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Necrorifter

Necrorifter Lord of the Death and the Wanderer of the Reality.

Is there a way to get a thread with dice, edit, delete, etc function but with private of PM so me and a friend can use it for our GM plan and stuff that we do not want players to know at all because they are nosy and will try to find our thread to see what GM is planning, etc.

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Gregory Crey and Necrorifter like this.
  3. Necrorifter

Thank you. I am aware of Dice Roller but didn't think of copying them to the thread. But what I want the most is the ability to make threadmark so I can quickly navigate between things in PM such as locations, enemies, storyline, etc. Instead of flipping the pages and hoping I can find what I am looking for out of hundred of pages.

But thank you for answering my questions. Do I delete this thread or closed it or something? Not that I know how to do so.

4. Biigoh

Can't delete.

But one thing can do is to go to the specific post in question which would end in #andnumbers and then bookmark it.

Gregory Crey and Necrorifter like this.
  5. Necrorifter

I assume you mean the bookmark in the browser and then add a short note and what page it is when making the bookmark? Because I don't see a way to bookmark in PM nor do I see #andnumber on the post?

6. Succinctly

Succinctly Just the man you weren't looking for

Don't know if you just wanted to stick to QQ, but you could try sharing a google doc with each other, that way you could have everything in one place, as well as have it easily navigable.

Vorian and Necrorifter like this.
  7. Biigoh

On the bottom left of the post in question, there would be a 'name' and a 'date and time', if you click on the date and time it changes the URL of the page you're on to that specific post itself.

You would then book mark it directly.

Or you could use google docs.

8. Necrorifter

That is a great idea. Thanks. I will check this over with my friend. I forget about the table of the content feature of google doc but I believe that my friend only has mobile as laptops are broken. So might be annoying to flip between apps compare to between threads of this website. But thank you for the tip. I will bring this up with my friend.

Succinctly likes this.
  9. Necrorifter

Ahh, Thank you for that tip. I can see it and got it to work. The dude above you mentions google doc. I could bookmark the page itself but still 30 posts per page. but I suppose that is better than digging through hundreds of pages. Thank you.

10. daniel_gudman

daniel_gudman KING (in land of blind)

...re: Threadmarking idea, maybe you could stick a specific charstring in the body of the text, so you can use CTRL+F to get to it quickly?

Like if you put the string "_Threadmark_" in the body and searched for that, underscores plus text, that would be something you could uniquely use to navigate through and not get any false positives from it just being words you used in the body of the text as like communication.

I don't think that PMs are legible to the search function, such that you could just Search said charstring to just pull up all the PMs that contain it, though, so you'd still need to CTRL+F on each page of the convo.

Vorian and Necrorifter like this.
  11. Necrorifter

Thanks for the idea. I just settled down for Google Doc and make a Table of Content to access all of the notes. But I have done CRTL-F before and it does help in finding things fast. Now if only there is a way to increase the number per page such as show everything on a single page.