1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question, retrieval of lost draft

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Elmithian, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Elmithian

Elmithian Prolific Procrastinator

I really hope there is any possibility of this being retrieved. I was working on a draft for a quest I am running late last night so I saved draft here. I had some business to do today so I couldn't return until just now, but when I went and checked on the draft it was gone. Completely and utterly gone. 40+ hours of straight work fixing and improving the update to the point that I was few sentences away from posting it and all that work is gone. Gone because the draft save system here is the thing of the devil himself. Or so I currently feel at least.

So my question is this. Is there any way to retrieve the lost draft or is it completely gone and wiped away by the ridiculously short memory the forum has for drafts?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

I don't believe so... but... alethiophile?

Also, this is why I tend to do my drafts in gmail...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Cambrian

Cambrian The Pimperor - Inspirational as Fuck

Wow, that really sucks. I swear, sometimes I'll type up a three sentence post in a thread, ultimately decide not to post it, and come back a week later to find it still there o_O

That said, I would recommend learning from this mistake: Never type up any sort of content you aren't going to post right away into a QQ post box. Copy pasting it from a program you can actually save to your computer or to a cloud you have access to is FAR safer.

Ddmkm122 and Elmithian like this.
  4. Elmithian

Elmithian Prolific Procrastinator

I prefer the grey background, a lot less migraine inducing. Plus, I am making the updates specifically to fit the layout for these forums since even that can enhance or detract the experience for the readers

I do have a backup from 3 days ago but I have been sick and off from work past 2 1/2 days and decided to use the time stuck in bed to work on it... but yeah I am aware of the risks which is why I regularly make backups... Just still kind of hurts losing this. >_<

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

I'm currently away from connectivity, dialing in here in some restaurant's wifi. I won't be back to my own computer until Tuesday, most likely.

Once I'm back, I can take a look and see if it's still in the database. No idea how likely that is; I haven't worked with the draft system before.

Ddmkm122 likes this.