1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Himura, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

• Name: Marisa Cogweb
      Type: Normal/Reason
      Class: Gadgeteer
      Equip: Power Glove™, Goggles

[img width=410 height=600]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/Squirrely-sama/A%20Himuras%20Quest/MarisaRogue_zps2e0b2bcd.png[/img]

Lvl: 1
      SP: 5/5
      Vitality: 5/10 [5]
      Muscle: 1
      TECH: 15[20]
      Magic: 10
      Charisma: 1
      Resistance: 5(+5)
      Speed: 10[20]

Skills:
      Scout[Lvl.1] (Field): C
      Remain undetected in the forest.

Blitzkrieg[Lvl.15] (Field): A
      [Speed] Launch a surprise attack on an unsuspecting enemy for massive damage and flee.

Smack Talk [Lvl.0] (Battle): B
      [Resistance][Reason] Belittle monster and undermine their self confidence.

Or Else [Lvl.0](Battle): E
      [Resistance][Beast]: Threaten a near beaten opponent into becoming your new minion.

Equipment:
      Power Glove™: E
      No bonus
      An old Nintendo Power Glove you found and modified. Physical attacks will use [TECH] stat.
      "I love the Power Glove™. It's so bad!"

Goggles: E
      +5 Resistance
      They serve no purpose and are useless but at least they look cool.
      "The goggles they do nothing!"

Items:
      • N/A
      • [Outfit]: Max. 2
        Swiss Army Knife: Does not actually contain the Swiss army sadly.
        Canteen: Contains water which in this weird world has mild healing properties when drunk.

~~~

Party:
      Kirk Cameron [Lvl.1]: Your pet crocoduck.

Notes:
      You have changed Class to Rogue!

Current Status:
      In your castle.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

• Castle Inventory:
      Wooden Bowl: [2] To eat out of
      Assorted kitchen supplies: For cooking
      Old Shovel: Dig it.
      Old Plow: Need something to pull it.
      Old Fishing rod: Just a stick with a bit of string.

Large Backpack: Can carry up to 10 items
      Crowbar [EQUIP]: Always useful in a pinch
      Instant Coffee: [1] The nectar of the gods!
      Chewing gum: [5] For when you don't have to kick ass.
      Duct Tape: It fixes everything.
      Pen: Used to write stuff
      Notepad: Used to write stuff on. You'd noticed that it never runs out of paper
      Jerky(?) strips: Not very filling tasty but sorta heals you when eaten.
      Laptop: It's dead Jim

iPod: You;d listen to music but the battery died last week.
      Cellphone: Dead, not like it matters.
      First Aid Kit: heals you, you aren't sure how

• Furniture:
      Wood Burning Stove: To cook.
      Wooden table: A small table to eat at.
      Wooden desk:
      Wooden Chair: [10] To sit on. They pretty uncomfortable and might need some repairs
      Canopy bed: Pretty old

• Livestock:
      Small Crocoduck: [1] Produces 1 Large Egg a day, eats 1lb of meat daily.

• Farming:
      N/A

• Storage:
      Dried Meats: 25lb (enough for a few days)
      Grain: 500lb (Don't need to worry about that)
      Apples: 20
      Wild Berries: 3lb
      Bread [low quality]: 10 loafs

• Storage:

• Misc.:
      N/A

----------------------------------

Classes unlocked:
    Code:
    Gadgeteer: [Reason]
    [img width=396 height=600]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/Squirrely-sama/A%20Himuras%20Quest/Mechanic3_zpscd827ef6.png[/img]
    So much has been done but there is far more to go. Tread in the steps already marked, you shall pioneer a new way, explore unknown powers, and unfold to the world the deepest mysteries of creation...
    [i]"What a fine day... for Science!"[/i]

Rogue:
    [img width=410 height=600]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/Squirrely-sama/A%20Himuras%20Quest/Rogue1_zps6ca40356.png[/img]
    +2 items, +10 speed, +5 TECH, -5 Vitality
    Nimble and dexterous, they prefer fleeing and pragmatism to fair fights. To maintain their mobility they disregard heavy equipment and cumbersome accessories.
    [i]"All the world is my enemy. And if they catch me, they will kill me. But first, they must catch me."[/i]

Beastiary

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Rules & Mechanics

Welcome to Random Quest! The are 3 main goals to accomplish.

Survive
    Find a way home
    Investigate this mysterious world (& Unlock Fan art)

To accomplish these you must leave the safety of your base to venture into the forest. The forest is a dangerous place, filled with monsters and hazards and so death waits around every corner. This is not a Video Game though, death is not cheap. If you die. You die. Zip, pop, you're gone, no spare lives. It's Game Over.

Your Character:
    You are a relitively normal human who has been thrust into a crazy world forest forest filled with monsters working on absurd and inconsistent physics. Fortunately the world has given you a means to fight back, through trial and error you discovered how to empower yourself and survive. Through the use of Stats and Classes you even the playing field.

Stats:
    You stats show just how powerful you are in given areas. The each have their purposes and all are equally valuable. You can increase them by either training a specific stat in the safety of your Base which is slow going, or you can lvl up which increases all stats by 10% but must risk yourself in the forest.

SP: Skill points. Increase by 5 ever level. Used to use Skills.
    Vitality: How much damage you can take before you die.
    Muscle: How much damage you can deal in physical attacks. Also resistance to status effects.
    TECH: Just how skillful you are. Raises chance of Crit. Hits.
    Magic: How much damage you can do with Magic.
    Charisma: The ability to get others to like you.
    Resistance: Just how stubborn you are.
    Speed: Determines who acts first, chances of fleeing, and Min. Damage.

Class:
    Classes determine just what your good at and what skills you have. Certain classes are better at one thing than others but worse at something else. They also give you a Second Typing and influence stat growth. Classes can be changed only in your Base.

Gadgeteer: [Reason] Good with machines and items but can't take much damage.
    Magi: [Magic] Easily learn spells and adept at magic and very clever but very frail and weak.
    Buccaneer: [Normal] Can take a hit and stubborn as a mule. While they may know their way around a gun they sadly lack in social graces.
    Gypsy: [Heart] Every one loves their singing and dancing, they aren't bad to look at either. Not exactly much for conversation though.
    Chevalier: [Steel] Tough and charismatic. Everyone wants to be a knight.
    Rogue: Nimble and dexterous, they prefer fleeing and pragmatism to fair fights.

Type:
    Typing determines just how much damage something will really do, all types have weaknesses and strengths. And no, there is no STAB bonus. Double typing, in which the same type is stacked thanks to a Class will double resistances but also weaknesses, so watch out.

Activities:
    So what are you going to do? How do you actually play? Listen close. You will wake up in you Base when this quest starts. The castle you have taken residence in has many rooms, though most are empty and pointless to explore. The ones of note are as follows:

Kitchen: To make food. You will need food to survive and a good lunch can keep you going.
    Bedroom: To retire for the night and rest your weary bones.
    Courtyard: Used for training and other activities.
    Library: Filled with many books in many languages. It might be worth checking out.
    Garden: Overlooks a cliff to the back. A place to relax~
    Dungeon?: You aren't sure, it's locked behind some big oak doors.
    Armory: Sadly empty, but they left some tools.
    Bridge: A small makeshift bridge over another cliff, the only way out and the entrance to the forest.

You will determine how you will spend your day, either improving yourself, relaxing, or exploring the woods. Each have their pros and cons. Just remember, you may have water in your castle but supplies are not infinite. Eventually you will need to venture into the forest, be sure to be prepared when you do.

Ceder Forest:
    It is a dangerous place to be, monsters lurk about and nothing is ever as it seems. But it will be necessary to brave it at some point. It twists and turns you must be careful not to get lost and stay out too late, for all the scariest monsters only prowl in the dark. Be cautions of the time before and during your trip. There are many things to do or find in the forest, you can hunt and gather supplies, fight monsters, explore and uncover it's mysteries, or find the hidden treasures that appear at random.

Protip: The best goods are deeper in the forest. Good luck getting them though

Field skills are useful for exploring and foraging. They can give you extra information about your surroundings and enemies, effect battles, or give you valuable abilities.

Battles:
    Battles are a inevitability, whether hunting food or being hunted yourself you fight to live here. Be sure to be to keep your head on a swivel, ambushes could be fatal. Battles are rather simple, at least the basics are. To account for their time consuming nature, only the first vote counts.

When you engage in a battle, either a fight or a spar you will know the following details about your opponent.

Species: Some monster have weaknesses or special powers, it's a good idea to pay attention.
    Lvl: It will help you judge their power, but it is not foolproof
    Vitality: Feel free to flee if you don't think you can kill it before it kills you~

Fighting is turn based, you are given 6 slots for actions to take:
    Strike: Attack the foe; beats Break fails to Guard.
    Guard: Guard against attacks: Counters Attack, fails to break.
    Break: A powerful attack; Breaks guard and defenses but takes massive damage if attacked.
    Skill: Use a Skill.

As you can see it essentially Rock, Paper, Scissors, only if you lose to much you die. Be sure to familiarize yourself with your opponent so you can Predict their attacks. For 3 successful counters you get a bonus attack (skills don't count), and once a turn you can use an item.

-------

[NEW!]
    Planing your day:
    Time doesn't exactly work the same as you remember in this world, even less so in the Ceder Forest. Days are devided into 4 distinct Time Slots, Morning, Noon, Evening, and Night. Many events, items, and even locations are locked by time and date. You can perform 1 Action per Time Slot such as studying in the library, tending to your estate, or making a sandwich. It the actual time is variable and it only ends once you finish your Action so determining when to do what and figuring out how to get the most out of it is key. Sub Actions such as changing class, checking the status of something, or eating a sandwich do not take up a Time Slot and can be used indefinitely. Normally you must sleep at least once per day but there exist ways around this.

You can plan out in advance what you want to do either daily or weekly and the Quest will proceed automatically until interrupted.

[NEW!]
    Improving yourself:
    Training is the alternate to fighting in the forest to improve yourself. Training tends to be the slower but safer route to self improvement but as you get more experience with it you gain efficiency and in turn reap more benefits The effects aren't immediate and are only gained at the end of the week if at all. Certain Actions also serve as training though usually tend not to give as much of a bonus. There are 2 types of training: Stat training and Skill training.

Stat: Focuses on improving one's physical abilities
    Vitality: Stamina training or doing hard labor
    Muscle: Exercising or doing hard labor
    TECH: Dexterity training or Crafting
    Magic: Meditation or using spells
    Charisma: Working with animals
    Resistance: Being a jerk
    Speed: Sprinting

Skill: Skill training focuses on improving skills you have, either active or passive, unlike Stat training Skill Training can have spontanious growth since in essence you are simply just using the skill repeatedly in controled conditions rather than in battle. The gains are rather high initially but quickly petter off. Tip: It is best to use this to Rank Up a Skill that is of low rank (F-E) to middle (D-C) as anything else is less efficient than simply gaining experiance with it in battle.

Studying!:
    Studing is the main way to gain new Skills or simply gain valuble information on various things in this world. You can study something by entering the library and choosing to look up a certain feild. Gereral searches turn up general data on many things while looking up something specifically can unlock a treasuretrove of hidden information so be sure to find a balance between to two. Studying is necisary to unlock information in the Monsterpedia and the more you know the greater your chances of winning in a fight or the more effciently you can use the ones in your care.

The library has the following sections:
    Sciences (Physics, Biology, chemistry, Engineering, Medical)
    Life (Self Help, Humanities, Business, Law, Language)
    Nature (Biology, Ecology, Geography, Astrology)
    Thaumaturgy (Alchemy, Sorcery, Glamoire, Necromancy, Runic, Formal)
    History (Prehistory, Ancient, Mythology, Medieval, classical)
    Fiction
    Hobby (Art, Cooking, Crafts, Martial skills, fitness, etc)

Many books in the library are unfortunately beyond you, either the skills are those you can't learn or are useless, or they are made inaccessible. Some are written in different languages, others are locked, some are enchanted to only reveal information after certain conditions are met. Be sure to check in regularly.

So can study in the library as long as you need for not time passes inside it, but once you finish you will have used up your action slot.

That's all for now, be sure to keep checking int for more tutorials~

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Well, without further ado, This One presents; Random Quest!

As you know by now, thanks to a certain spoiling Squirrel, This One has come up with a Quest that will require lots of Fan art. In fact it will require so much that This One would not hesitate to state that this quest's entire purpose is to force that lazy Squirrel to dance for This One's amusement. He owes This One quite a bit, and This One will be cashing in with this Quest.

Now before you can begin you need to create a Character. Who This one will force Squirrelly to Draw.

To do so This One has Created the Following Quiz.

Q1: What is your favorite Color

[X] Rainbows, their at least 20% cooler than any other color.
    [X] Purple, it simply fabulous.
    [X] The background is black, let's go with that.
    [X] Pink! No, Orange! Oh you have so many... Polka dots!

Q2: What do you do in your free time?

[X] Free time? Who has free time? I'm on a tight schedual and don't have time for silly questions!
    [X] Naps, it's tiring work being so awesome.
    [X] Rock and Roll all night! And party every day!
    [X] Er, um, like... stuff?

Q3: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

[X] Well given the density of wood is constant and the average volume of a wood chuck's mouth...
    [X] What kind of stupid question is this? Obviously they are beavers.
    [X] I hope those poor woodchucks don't get sick from over eating...
    [X] Erm, your not making a lick of sense...

Q4: So the Farm is looking to make more money by making more Apple stuff. A berrel of Apple Cider costs 25 bits to produce and sells for 30 bits. You make 600 barrels Apple Cider initially and as a promotion you give away 1 barrel for every perchess of ten. Assuming that 14 customers where to perchase 10 barrels in bulk how many barrels would you have to sell minimum to make a profit?

[X] Ugh, If I wanted to do math I woulda do something like... mathy... stuff.
    [X] Oh my, perhaps I should get my calculator first...
    [X] Hold it there partner, I'm not too good with all that fancy-shmancy stuff, you should talk to my friend though, she's a real wiz with numbers.
    [X] 25*600/30+14*25/30=511.7 You would need to sell 512 barrols minimum. Seriously guys this isn't that hard.

Q5: Rock Paper Scissors?

[X] Good old Rock, nothin' beats rock!
    [X] Scissors, cause you know I know you always pick rock.
    [X] Paper to give rock a great big hug!
    [X] Frikken Lazers!

Q6: And then suddenly Ninja!

[X] Wait, what? That's not even a question!
    [X] Oh no! My clan has betrayed me zam, you shall never take me alive zam!
    [X] Bah, Since I can see them they obviously can't be real ninja!
    [X] Sweet! Hey, my neighbor won't return my lawn mower so I need to hire a ninja to kill him!

Q7: It's ___ Time!

[X] Adventure
    [X] Party
    [X] Science!
    [X] Nap

Q8: I am made of...

[X] Awesome and win! Nat.
    [X] Swords. And fire is my blood.
    [X] I don't know... Stuff?
    [X] Various Organic materials.

Q9: You're alone with a hot girl on a trip out to the woods with friends. It's getting hot and steamy. Suddenly you hear a noise nearby.

[X] Shove girl on the ground as a distraction and run. Move Bitch Get Out The Way!
    [X] I draw my Chainsaw and prepare a readied action...
    [X] I get between the girl and the sound and ask who ever is there to come out.
    [X] Let us investigate this event completely alone and unarmed, what's the worst that can happen?

Q10: So your lost in the woods and no one will come to save you.

[X] Hunker down right here, it's the first rule of survival, right before drinking your own piss
    [X] Find a fresh water so I don't have to drink my own piss
    [X] Find a bear to kill with my bare hands for meat.
    [X] Cry like a little girl.

Q11: The future is becoming clear. There are two questions remaining. The King who had stolen your wife shows up. He wants a treaty. Do you (a) SACRIFICE seven ewes to seal the deal, or (b) Show COMPASSION and offer him seven ewes from your herd?

[X] What the hell those are the same damn thing!
    [X] Damn I can only show one virtue at a time, I mean I'm not not some kind of parallel virtue machine!
    [X] Wait, what do sheep have to do with anything.
    [X] I could do with a good ol' animal sacrifice...

Q12: If the velociraptor lunged at you, what would you be most likely to do?

[X] Protect my face, by beautiful face.
    [X] Punch him in his mouth and spout a witty one liner.
    [X] Punch him in his raptor balls.
    [X] Scream "FUS RO DAH!".

Q13: If the raptor bit off one of your arms, which would you be most likely to do?

[X] Scream like a little girl and bleed to death
    [X] Grab my arm back and beat him with it.
    [X] Oh fuck no, I'm getting the hell outa here!
    [X] Give it a good stern talking to.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[​IMG]

Q1: [X] Purple, it simply fabulous.
    - - [X] With a dash of white for style~
    Q2: [X] Naps, it's tiring work being so awesome.
    Q3: [X] What kind of stupid question is this? Obviously they are beavers.
    Q4: [X] Ugh, If I wanted to do math I woulda do something like... mathy... stuff.
    Q5: [X] Frikken Lazers!
    Q6: [X] Oh no! My clan has betrayed me zam, you shall never take me alive zam!
    Q7: [X] Nap
    Q8: [X] Swords. And fire is my blood.
    Q9: [X] Let us investigate this event completely alone and unarmed, what's the worst that can happen?
    Q10: [X] Cry like a little girl.
    Q11: [X] Wait, what do sheep have to do with anything.
    Q12: [X] Protect my face, by beautiful face.
    Q13: [X] Scream like a little girl and bleed to death

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Voting time! This One'll post more when we have a winner.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Biigoh

The Bii is the pre-emptive winner! The tanuki has seen the path to victory! Look at the post above yours! Fuhuhuhuhu.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Well given the density of wood is constant and the average volume of a wood chuck's mouth...
    [X] 25*600/30+14*25/30=511.7 You would need to sell 512 barrols minimum. Seriously guys this isn't that hard.
    [X] Frikken Lazers!
    [X] Bah, Since I can see them they obviously can't be real ninja!
    [X] Science!
    [X] Awesome and win! Nat.
    [X] Find a bear to kill with my bare hands for meat.
    [X] Damn I can only show one virtue at a time, I mean I'm not not some kind of parallel virtue machine!

~whistles at the bundle of blatant lies~

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] 25*600/30+14*25/30=511.7 You would need to sell 512 barrels minimum. Seriously guys this isn't that hard. (Apparently while I can do math I can't spell barrel :p)
    [X] Frikken Lazers!
    [X] Science!
    [X] Swords. And fire is my blood.
    [X] I get between the girl and the sound and ask who ever is there to come out.
    [X] What the hell those are the same damn thing!
    [X] Punch him in his mouth and spout a witty one liner.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Q1: What is your favorite Color

Q2: What do you do in your free time?

Q3: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Q4: So the Farm is looking to make more money by making more Apple stuff. A berrel of Apple Cider costs 25 bits to produce and sells for 30 bits. You make 600 barrels Apple Cider initially and as a promotion you give away 1 barrel for every perchess of ten. Assuming that 14 customers where to perchase 10 barrels in bulk how many barrels would you have to sell minimum to make a profit?
    [X] Oh my, perhaps I should get my calculator first...

Q5: Rock Paper Scissors?
    [X] Frikken Lazers!

Q6: And then suddenly Ninja!
    (Because it reminds me of yukimaru from Disgaea)

Q7: It's ___ Time!
    [X] Science!

Q8: I am made of...

Q9: You're alone with a hot girl on a trip out to the woods with friends. It's getting hot and steamy. Suddenly you hear a noise nearby.

Q10: So your lost in the woods and no one will come to save you.

Q11: The future is becoming clear. There are two questions remaining. The King who had stolen your wife shows up. He wants a treaty. Do you (a) SACRIFICE seven ewes to seal the deal, or (b) Show COMPASSION and offer him seven ewes from your herd?
    [X] Wait, what do sheep have to do with anything.

Q12: If the velociraptor lunged at you, what would you be most likely to do?
    [X] Scream "FUS RO DAH!".

Q13: If the raptor bit off one of your arms, which would you be most likely to do?
    [X] Scream like a little girl and bleed to death

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. mkire

mkire Lee-ko is adorable

[X] Purple, it's simply fabulous.
    [X] Frikken Lazers!
    [X] Sweet! Hey, my neighbor won't return my lawn mower so I need to hire a ninja to kill him!
    [X] Science!
    [X] I could do with a good ol' animal sacrifice...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Quiz done. You shall be a
    [Gadgettier] With [Short], [Spiky], Hair.

Your Stats shall be:

Vitality: 10
    Muscle: 1
    TECH: 15
    Magic: 10
    Charisma: 1
    Resistance: 1
    Speed: 10

[img width=396 height=600]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/Squirrely-sama/A%20Himuras%20Quest/Mechanic3_zpscd827ef6.png[/img]

Is this acceptable or do you wish to use the second?
    [Y/N]

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Biigoh

[N] It is acceptable, no need to change for nao~

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[Y] I likes it... ACCEPTED

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Finished inputting the rules and such in the reserved spaces.

Now one last thing before we can really begin, we need a name to go by...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Marisa Cogweb

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Biigoh

[JK] Name is Yuri of Yuri-land!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Sorry about the delay. Found out there was a con within a stones throw of This One and Squirrelly.. It's our first time~

[Date] Day 1; Week 1

Unreal, alien, impossible. That is what this forest is. That is what everything that's happened to you since you arrived those six long months ago has been. Just one impossible event after another. From the very first moments it was just absurdity after absurdity.

The very instant you opened your eyes to see the world around you you'd thought yourself to still be asleep and dreaming. To see the world in 2 dimensions, flat and animated, to even consider it was crazy. But no mater how much you rubbed your eyes you could not remove the image. It only went downward from there. Monsters of all kinds wandered this never ending ever shifting maze of trees, from myths and legends to the creatures that can only come out of the minds of mad men. You'd thought yourself insane at first, in fact yous still do. Or rather you desperately hope so, that this is all just a dream of yours as you lie in a padded cell.

It's been an upward battle for survival, but slowly you vain understanding of this world and how to use it's crazy rules against it. You even keep score, a tally for every victory against a world where apples fall up to kill you. You keep it in your back pocket, the "Fuck you universe!" list. Every line is a tiny middle finger pointed at this stupid illogical world.

The physics of this place are bizarre and inconsistent, cartoon physics if you will. Many things events seem to depend on observation to determine their effect, some only happening when out of sight. Logic here seems to follow certain tropes and obeys a verity of rules that work for and against you. Reality even censers or outright ignores events at times, going so far as to retroactively change other incidents to fit new information. This tends to takes the form of what you've deemed a "Time Skip", in which after doing something the world deems fit to reject your memory of the event fades leaving you with only the knowledge it occurred and some basic information but no details.

After much trial and error you discovered the existence of something possibly weirder than Cartoon Physics, but also thankfully far easier to take advantage of. The battle mechanics. Things like Classes, Levels, Skills, and Stats are very real and have quantifiable effects on how you interact with the world here.

Most recently you had found an old abandoned castle in relatively good condition. Being completely cut off from the rest of the forest on all sides with a possibly bottomless cliff it's the safest place you could spend your days. It was the best thing to happen to you in the last half a year, a safe place to rest and relax as well as containing a large amount of tools to help you out, even having a Library to learn from. At the first possible chance you'd taken everything you moved everything you had from your last Base and moved it to this new one.

That was 2 days ago...

QUEST START

[TIME] Morning

Your name is _______

It's a brand new day, the start of a new adventure. The first morning light shines down on on the world, and as it tends to do it somehow snaked it's way through the closed curtain of your window to focus a thin sun beam right into your eyes. You grumble in protest at this rude awakening but sadly getting back to sleep is impossible. You were having a nice dream too... Still there are worse ways to greet the day, many of which you have experience with.

As consciousness returns to you you begin to frown at the slow realization that you are not familiar with your surroundings. For six months you'd either slept in trees or caves, always on an uncomfortable, hard, uneven surface. Right now your laying in... Linens? A quick test shows that yes, you are on a bed, under some covers. Hope blooms in you chest, welling up and threatening to burst out. Could you be back? Could everything have just been a horrible nightmare you could forget as you get back to your life? You quickly sit upright in anticipation, with a smile of mad hope you open your eyes...

An unfamiliar setting. The room you occupy is large and made of stones. It's spartan, only a large travel pack sitting in the corner near the door and the large canopy bed you occupy furnish the room. There's a window to your left, covers closed but the sun is unmistakably shining through.

You blink once, twice, thrice, not really understanding at first. Then comprehension hits you like a truck. This was your new Base. You'd found it a couple days ago, the first spent investigating what you could, the second moving all your supplies and possessions here. Last night was your first night in good comfort and safety in half a year. You can't help but sag a bit at such a let down. Still, you take some solace in the fact that your situation has improved dramatically.

Now feeling much better you get dressed and ready to face the day.

---------------------------​

[Time] Morning
    [Location] Kitchen​

There's no better way to start the day than with a good breakfast. A hearty meal at the start of the day invigorates the mind and body they say. You have no idea how they went about studying such a thing or if it's even true but you can't really bring yourself to disagree with the sentiment. And so you find yourself in front of an old wood burning stove preparing yourself something you'd not had in a good long while. Bacon and Eggs.

You hum to yourself off key as you work. Today was a day of celebration. For the first time you're ahead of the curve! You found a safe place to stay, you have new supplies, hell you even have a nice soft bed! You'd punch a baby just for the last one, best left unsaid the horrors you'd unleash for the rest. Yup, for once it's good to be you. Your grin practically takes up half your face as you begin adding as you added the last of your peppers and spices to the mix. You take a deep sniff and let the smokey smell settle on the back of your tongue.

"GROACK"

You nearly drop the pan in surprise. It was a deep throaty sound but with an odd indescribable quality, like a goose that's been gargling boulders. So immersed were you and culinary delight you'd never heard the telltale clapping sound that signaled a certain hungry predator. You freeze in place, hoping against hope that it would ignore you and continue on it's way. Unlikely but you're allowed your delusions.

"GROACK!" And with that final warning the beast lunges, hungry for blood to satiate it's endless apatite.

"Son of a bitch!" You shout as you feel it clamp down on your ankle, hard. Even the thick protective rubber of your boots do little to ease the monstrous pressure exerted by the jaws of an angry Crocoduck. It takes all your will power not to try and shake the little bastard off, it only makes him angrier which just makes him bite harder. You glare down at the tiny monstrosity, right into it's cold unfeeling eyes. It doesn't look even slightest bit repentant. "Goddammit Kirk, if you don't let god help my I'll throw you in the frier!"

Eventually it does let go though. Not out of any sort of mercy or fear however, he just knows better than to hold up the one who provides him free food daily. He has nothing to gain by holding you up from feeding him.

Soon after you finish cooking your meal and pour the contents of the pan into two large crudely made bowls, one for you the other you set on the floor from ungrateful pet. You find it somewhat distressing just what the crocoduck is eating, crocoduck eggs and meat. Then again you'd acquired Kirk in the first place by rescuing an egg from being eaten by another crocoduck only to have it hatch into Kirk before you got the chance to eat it yourself. Perhaps cannibalism is just nature way of keeping the crocoducks from running amuck...

You dig into your own food, conveniently ignoring the horrible sounds coming from behind you as your little monster digs into it's own kin.

What do you plan to do today?

[X] ???

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Biigoh

[X] Confirm inventory!

Also... it's Himura and Squirrely's first time? Oh my, how scandalous~ :))

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Marisa Cogweb

[X] Confirm inventory!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. Malcolmo

[X] Confirm inventory!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

You finish your breakfast in relative leisure. You make sure not to over indulge yourself though a full belly might seem comfortable but you soon regret it when it comes time to cut and run. Kirk finishes his portion far faster than you and you give him what's left of yours, which was quite a bit. Your friend happily devours it in record time, letting out a contented burp once finished.

You let out a contented smile as the little abomination nuzzles your leg in appreciation. You give him a soft pet on the head, careful not to ruffle his feathers too much, and he pushes his scaly noggin into your palm. You content both yourselves to stay like that for a few moments before he pulls back.

As Kirk wanders off to do what ever he does when you aren't watching you sit back in your wooden chair and think. You have the odd feeling you've missed something.

[X] Marisa Cogweb!

That is your name, it'd been so long since you'd heard it you'd stopped thinking about it. That though makes you feel a little depressed, it's such a good name it'd be a shame just to forget it. You console yourself with a vow that at the next opportunity you'd find a way to write it up on something large and obvious so you'd never lose it.

[X] Double check your inventory.

Well it never hurts to be sure. You'd mostly just given a once over of the stuff already hear and you'd packed in a hurry. You head upstairs to check your pack and whatever else you'd brought with you.

• [Inventory]:
      Large Backpack: Can hold 10 Items.
      Gadgeteer Outfit: Cloths, has 7 pouches each capable of holding 1 item.
      First Aid Kit: heals you, you aren't sure how.
      Crowbar [EQUIP]: Always useful in a pinch
      Swiss Army Knife: Does not actually contain the Swiss army sadly.
      Canteen: Contains water which in this weird world has mild healing properties when drunk.
      Instant Coffee: [1] The nectar of the gods!
      Chewing gum: [5] For when you don't have to kick ass.
      Duct Tape: It fixes everything.
      Goggles [EQUIP]: You've been wearing them so long you'd forgotten you'd had them!
      Pen: Used to write stuff
      Notepad: Used to write stuff on. You'd noticed that it never runs out of paper
      Jerky(?) strips: Not very filling tasty but sorta heals you when eaten.
      iPod: You;d listen to music but the battery died last week.
      Cellphone: Dead, not like it matters.
      Laptop: Ditto
      [New Outfit]: A change of cloths.

You blink in confusion at the last item in your bag. You don't remember packing that. You inspect it a bit but only find the items to be regular cloths with nothing obviously sinister. It might just be your paranoia but the fact that you can't find any downside does nothing to calm you down about the item. Carefully you set it aside, neatly folded, in the corner of the room farthest from the door and eye it suspiciously.

Once moderately assured it wasn't going to come to life and eat you you set about cataloging the rest of your stuff, mostly what was already here when you arrived.

• [Furniture]:
      Wood Burning Stove: To cook.
      Wooden table: A small table to eat at.
      Wooden desk:
      Wooden Chair: [10] To sit on. They pretty uncomfortable and might need some repairs
      Canopy bed: Pretty old
    • [Castle Inventory]
      Wooden Bowl: [2] To eat out of
      Assorted kitchen supplies: For cooking
      Old Shovel: Dig it.
      Old Plow: Need something to pull it.
      Old Fishing rod: Just a stick with a bit of string.
    • [Livestock]:
      Small Crocoduck: [1] Produces 1 Large Egg a day, eats 1lb of meat daily.
    • [Storage]:

Satisfied you'd found everything of note you check back into your room to see if the outfit had done anything incriminating. It didn't.

"Clever girl..."

[X] ? ? ?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Swing Crowbar to your left, then duck and roll. Get behind something big, but movable.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

You have not yet Equipped the Crowbar, in order to do so you must remove the Power Gloves.

Crobar: C [Muscle]
    +20Vitality; +5 Muscle; +5 Resist
    Always useful in a pinch, whether opening doors or bashing zombies. Neat, simple, elegant.
    "Is that a crowbar? [picks it up] Awesome! Now I can beat the snot out of people!"

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. Biigoh

[X] FISTING! the mysterious voice with Power Gloves!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Malcolmo

My mind went to weird places real quick.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

Fanarts it's Marisa petting her Crocoduck Kirk.

[img width=600 height=522]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/Squirrely-sama/A%20Himuras%20Quest/6-16-201315150PM_zpse1b9b8df.jpg[/img]

I'd also suggest changing into the cloths. But then again I'm just the guy who's job it is to draw cloths for this quest so what do I know?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Why did I miss this?

[X] FISTING! the mysterious voice with Power Gloves!

The puns we can make... :)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

This One has no idea what that means... :p

That This One won't be able to continue without even understanding what her audience is asking for should go without saying...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. Biigoh

Attack the mysterious voice with a punch punch~

Ddmkm122 likes this.