• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RESOLVED] [Suggestion] Make it so the Alert button closes the alert menu instead of going to the full alert me

Jao

(Verified Lemon Drop Addict)
READ LATEST THREADMARK

When you click on the Alert button in the top right it opens up a miniaturized version of the full alert menu thing. On the bottom of it there is a button to show the full alert menu, it's labeled as "show all"

The thing I find annoying is that when you click the alert menu button a second time it doesn't close it, instead it does the same thing as the show all button.

My suggestion is to make it so that when clicking on the alert button for a second time it closes it, instead of just mimicking the show all button.

Gif of what I mean

Last edited:
Otoh, I had forgotten it did that, but find that easier to click than the smaller "show all" link.

You can click below or next to the dropdown to close it. I'm not sure if that runs into competing access needs at any point. I know on an older device with a smaller screen, I didn't get the option to have the dropdown because it got collapsed into another menu; but I don't know how that feature would interact with accessibility features of the browser out near the extremes.

XF2 update has implemented my suggestion. New
The new XF2 update has implemented my suggestion, now when tapping/clicking on the alert icon a 2nd time it closes it instead of opening the full page alert menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back