1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Help with Shinji and Warhammer 40k Recursive Fanfiction

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Repentant_Dragos, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Repentant_Dragos

Repentant_Dragos Versed in the lewd.

Here goes... I first read Shinji and Warhammer 40k at 15 - 16, back in 2007 - 2008. It was a good fanfiction, I liked it, and I will reluctantly admit that it's also my first introduction to the Evangelion-verse as a whole and my main exposure to it (I still can't stomach more than 5 episodes of the original series). At the same time, however, I was eventually unable to stomach two things: One, that Kaworu's affection for Shinji (which yes, might not have been romantic in canon, but it was still existent) was completely removed, and two, the UN corraling humans who can control their own AT-field and essentially enslaving them (which yes, is close to what Warhammer 40k's Imperium does with its psykers, too bad that SW40K isn't an actual crossover and Chaos doesn't actually exist, meaning that it's less justified here and closer to actual slavery).

And now, the author of the fanfic himself (Bluepencil), has given me permission to make a fanfic of his fanfic over PMs just today (I can get screencaps if you don't believe me), a work which will be an immense undertaking even if I am properly-equipped. So I am seeking a co-writer for this recursive fanfiction, which, despite my unpreparedness, I do have several ideas for (mainly general plot, OCs, and potential crossover with either Canon or the Rebuilds).

So, who wants to join in?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Repentant_Dragos

I have a plot idea!

Shiro Tokita, lead scientist behind the Jet Alone Project, finds himself adopting an OC orphan left behind in Second Impact, Kyle FitzEmpress, a young man with a natural aptitude for engineering - Unknown to him, Kyle has been given knowledge from our world (although he's not an SI, because that is a bit cliche now) from an unknown source, allowing him to access information on future events and present conspiracies.

When Shinji Ikari arrives and begins acting more courageous and badass than his canon self, with increased levels of intelligence *and* a fixation with Warhammer 40k miniatures, Kyle is given further information by his mysterious sources, which are implied to be the *Canon* Shinji and Kaworu, who tell him that in the future, MiniaturesPlayer!Shinji and MiniaturesPlayer!Kaworu will start a war against each other which will lead to the UN enslaving psychic humans who can control their AT-Fields in order to acquire an asset for war.

Kyle is then given psychic powers of his own (again, based on controlling his own AT-Field) and tasked with defeating MiniaturesPlayer!Shinji and MiniaturesPlayer!Kaworu, as well as Gendo and SELEE. A step toward this is making a *new* Jet Alone, which is not only pilotable by a human, but equipped with an Electromagnetic Crossbow which can propel bolts with enough force to pierce AT-Fields on their own.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Repentant_Dragos

After a discussion with Bluepencil, I will no longer be doing this plot.

Edit: Although I might do something else.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Repentant_Dragos

Project cancelled.

Ddmkm122 likes this.