1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Help

Discussion in 'General' started by vighzs, Dec 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vighzs

vighzs Not too sore, are you?

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  2. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

So - we ain't your therapist. Online forums are terrible at being your therapist in general, and we can't help you much.

That said - if you're having trouble with focus and schoolwork as well as depression, have you gotten checked out for ADHD? They're often co-morbid, with depression stemming from feeling like a fuckup because ADHD means you can't do the thing because of executive function problems. Read the wikipedia article on it and look at that symptom list. Think about whether a chunk of that applies to you. If so, go back to your doctor and ask to get evaluated.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

As Dakkaface noted, we're not professional therapists...

But I think what might help is setting a schedule and sticking to it, even if you don't do much... like get into a routine... which might help.

Ddmkm122 and Milkers99 like this.
  4. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

It's great that you sought professional help, if you find someone/thing suited for your situation that's probably the best thing for this.

That aside, you can try talking to your university/professors. I can only speak for how it is for my own university, but at least here they are very understanding of those kinds of circumstances. And offer resourced to help.

Ddmkm122 and Oh I am slain! like this.
  5. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

Also not a therapist, so take anything I say with a bucket of salt.

Apart from the great advice of having a routine (I was depressed for two years, had ribs showing too, before I managed to regularly get out the house and started improving), I guess you just have to change how you are looking at things. It’d be great to have good grades and if you manage to do it good on ya, but it’s not worth your life. If you have to choose between dying because you’re stuck in a rut and just taking a clean break, choose to live.

It sucks that your friend now has complications, and I hope they get better. I guess my advice there is just to be with them for what may/may not be a limited time left? Make memories while you can, and live on to carry that forward. I don’t know what your living situation is like, nor do I have any great advice on the parental issue. I’ve had a single parent for 13 years now. But without knowing the details my best advice is to just talk to them about how stressed out they are making you, maybe they’ll change/tone it down. At least you’ll have got your say in.

Maybe also set aside some time to vent to someone about this regularly (whether that’s a friend, therapist, family or internet strangers(though that might be a mixed bag)). Feel free to disregard everything I’ve said, no pressure. Just hope you keep on keeping on.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Aside from what others have said maybe try some kind of breathwork? (Wim Hof Method maybe? Dunno how much that would deal with depression. It should at least lessen the inevitable anxiety.)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.