1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Seeking the Past" - Undiscovered Frontier Season 1 (Star Trek/Mass Effect/B5/Others)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Big Steve, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Index: Season 1 Episode List
    Big Steve

Big Steve Know what you're doing yet?

So, before we get started, I figure I'll explain something real quick.

When I first started I really wanted to keep the episodes small. I didn't want to break 20k words per, except maybe for really big episodes with big action sequences that required a lot of description. And I managed this... for five episodes.

Then the episodes got bigger, and as I transitioned from posting the entire episode in the same day and in the same post to updates by section, I eventually started doing another TV-show style element with an intentional "Act" structure. That is, Teaser, 4-5 acts, Tag (and some episodes get six acts due to sheer size, as I was still trying to keep word count per post down).

Therefore, over time, you may notice this structural change. I'm just giving you a head's up about it.

Also, in keeping with my practice on SB and elsewhere, I'm going to make the first post of a season thread an episode list w/ TV guide-style one line summaries, and have a link to the prior seasons (if applicable) and the pilot.

Series Pilot - "A Time for Heroes"

Season 1 - "Seeking the Past" - Complete, 432,304 words

1-01 "On The Firing Line" - Complete, 18,377 words
    The Aurora and the Koenig head to the space station Deep Space Nine to protect the station from the Dominion.

1-02 "A Matter of Principles" - Complete, 19,386 words
    The Aurora crew work with Captain Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise to stop a rogue Alliance captain.

1-03 "Unlikely Outcomes" - Complete, 15,722 words
    An attack on an Alliance colony leads the Aurora crew into an unlikely alliance with a dangerous new adversary.

1-04 "Do No Harm" - Complete, 16,969 words
    As the Aurora crew faces a new threat, Leo struggles to save an innocent woman from the alien parasite that has taken over her body.

1-05 "Alone" - Complete, 19,655 words
    Zack is drawn into a false world created by an alien artifact; Julia takes command of the Koenig to investigate an attack on an Alliance colony.

1-06 "Father Figures" - Complete, 23,811 words
    Zack is called home during the New Liberty Colony's anniversary celebrations to see his ill father; Jarod returns to his homeworld to get Sydney and the others away from the Centre.

1-07 "Seeking the Past" - Complete, 23,125 words
    The Aurora and Koenig crews are sent on a mission to infiltrate enemy space and locate the site of an ancient Darglan Facility, but an unknown threat and kept secrets will make the mission far more dangerous than they expected.

1-08 "Past Mistakes" - Complete, 22,538 words
    A hostile government committee forces the Aurora crew to consider all of their previous actions.

1-09 "The Human Condition Part 1" - Complete, 24,274 words
    The Aurora and Koenig crews successfully contact the Battlestar Galactica and the last survivors of the Colonies of Kobol.

1-10 "The Human Condition Part 2" - Complete, 26,784 words
    The life of one of their own is on the line as Robert and the others struggle to rebuild their relations with the Colonial Fleet while the Cylons plot against them all.

1-11 "Necessary Risks" - Complete, 28,092 words
    The Aurora and the Pegasus lead a bold mission back to the Colonies to rescue survivors; the Cylon infiltrators in the Refugee Fleet plan one last strike before they are discovered.

1-12 "The Survival of Hope" - Complete, 24,943 words
    With war against the Reich looming, the Aurora is dispatched back to Universe S4W8 to find the Remnants.

1-13 "The Art of Diplomacy" - Complete, 21,805 words
    With war raging in Universe S4W8, the Aurora is sent on a crucial diplomatic mission to win allies in the S5T3 (Star Trek) Universe.

1-14 "The Good That Men Do..." - Complete, 27,663 words
    Trapped in the 22nd Century of Universe S5T3 (Star Trek), Robert observes the Enterprise NX-01 crew as they help a species facing eventual extinction; back in the 24th Century, Julia and Captain Picard must keep the diplomatic summit from unraveling over the Romulan ultimatum while Jarod, Cat, and Commander Data find a way to bring Robert home.

1-15 "The Flow of Life" - Complete, 26,114 words
    The Aurora travels to the Citadel Station of Universe M4P2 (Mass Effect) to negotiate for assistance with the Citadel Council; Zack runs into an old friend when an Alliance supply convoy meets up with the Colonial Refugee Fleet.

1-16 "Looming Shadows" - Complete, 25,613 words
    The investigation of the Darglan Homeworld leads the Aurora crew into contact with the native species of Universe E5B1 and a trip to their most important space station: Babylon-5.

1-17 "Tides of Fire" - Complete, 28,386 words
    As a first step to beating Reich forces to the Darglan Facility in Universe S4W8, the Aurora crew must lead a dangerous assault on an enemy fleet base.

1-18 "Guarding the Future" - Complete, 39,083 words
    The future is at stake for the crew of the ASV Aurora in their fight to keep the ancient Darglan Facility out of Reich hands.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    rifern likes this.