1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Self-Insertman Go! (idea-thread)

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by iamnuff, Jun 9, 2014.

1. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

So, idea thread.

blah blah blah, Rob drops you off in X world, you need to try and make the setting not suck, and survive. You know the drill, right?
    But wait, surprise twist.

When you look in the closest mirror, you don't see yourself, you see this dickhead.

[​IMG]

Shūkurō Tsukishima,

Aka "Self-Insertman" from bleach.

With the power to plant false memories in people by cutting them with his sword. (note: I am using the "false memories" method here, not the "actually alter history" theory they use in Bleach itself, because that's a fucking retarded power that makes my brain hurt to think about.)

Lets not make things too easy though, "Book of fanfiction The End" used up most of it's power just getting you into this world. You get one shot at memory alteration, then it's nothing more than a shapeshifting bookmark/sword that can cut through (almost) anything.

You can push for two uses, but that leaves you with no fullbringer powers at all at the end of it.
    No sword, no Bringer Light, nothing.

Which universe do you get sent to, (Anime, manga, novels, TV shows, books, anything) When in the timeline, what do you do and who do you use your oneshot memory alteration on?

If you want to write up a story snippet, that's great, if you just want to throw out an outline, thats fine too.

My own idea will be in the next post, to keep the OP shortish.

2. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

My own idea would be Kill La Kill, barely before canon.

Approach Satsuki (either as a prospective recruit, or more likely, as a non-school age possible ally) Tell her i would be willing to pledge my sword to her if she would allow me to test her strength in a duel, then desperately try to get a single nick on her. (alternatively, ambush her while she's alone, get a single nick with my blade.)

Convince her that I'm an old and trusted ally, recruited long ago for my Fullbringer powers (which are the only powers found in the setting that seem to have nothing to do with life fibres) then kept a secret to use as a trump weapon in case her plan to fight fire with fire fails.

Having never met the four divas, partially because i was training alone to make sure I'm ready if i need to fight her mother, and partially due to me intentionally being kept a secret, I'd generally try to act as a moderating influence (for the early show Nazi stuff) and try to drop subtle hints to Ryūko that Satsuki may not be as evil as she first appears (while gently trolling her and utterly refusing to fight against her)

Be the guy who actually takes the chance to stab Ragyō in the back while she's monologuing about fashion, and generally generally be genre savvy enough to realize that if she's nailed to a cross, but she's still talking like she's winning, she's about to turn the tables, you need to stab her more"

Also, Suggest that Nudist Beach should have taken the name metaphorically and taken over a cotton plantation or something in the middle of nowhere, so they could make life-fibre free clothes and wouldn't have to go around flashing people constantly.

Suggest that they may have gotten more recruits if they didn't look like a bunch of weirdo perverts.

Be sure to keep my standard set of clothes that i arrived in (as the only set that I can be sure are Life-fiber proof) and make sure i wear them for the final battle, alternatively spin some spiel about wearing life-fibers interfering with my "natural fullbring powers" to convince the tailor dude to make me some pure natural duds without alien bullshit in them.

Solely so I can crack jokes at the very end about how it feels awkward because I'm the only person not naked, and possibly offer Satsuki my coat/shirt.

gustyeagle likes this.