1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sensing Marvels: QQ Version (A Marvel Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by TheDivineDemon, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TheDivineDemon

TheDivineDemon Know what you're doing yet?

Welcome to a different kind of Quest, where your decisions here will effect the course in two other quest and vice versa.

Your character is now psychically connected to two others, one being played on Sufficient Velocity and the other on Space Battles, and has to now navigate your way through an AU Marvel Universe that is becoming increasingly interested in you three. By working together you can survive but be warned there are beings out there who have become very interested in you three.

This Psychic connection between you three characters is based off of the Netflix series Sense8 where you can not only communicate with the people you are connected to but share emotions and skills, even has someone else take over the driver's seat to get you through a situation they could handle. Example of how this works below:

Hope we have fun!

2. Threadmarks: It Begins!
    TheDivineDemon

Sensing Marvels​

It was the day of your 16th birthday and you had just seen something disturbing.

You weren't sure if it was some sort of nightmarish daydream or what but it left you feeling shaken.

What you had seen was a man, a teen really, dying before your eyes. Blood dribbling from his mouth as he met your eyes, surprised and resigned as he stared at you. His lips began to move, started to form words, but the world around the two of you began to blur. The scenery around the you began to shift around him at disorientating speeds.

Each change of scenery changing the man's position, and how you reacted for him. You weren't even sure what had happened first but the images came all the same.

You jumped when he appeared in the chair in front of you, making you spill your soup in your lap.
    You ran towards him when you saw him hunched in an alley.
    You paused in the crowd as you found him staring at you from across the street.

And then with a blink he was gone, in his place was a stranger. Two strangers. They stood to either side of you and every time you shifted your eyes from one to another your head started to spin.

Eventually, when your eyes settled, the three of you turned to each other and asked:
    Who Are You?

Name:
    [] Write in
    -[]Auto-Fill Option:
    Nico Minrou aka Sister Grimm
    Victor Alvarez aka Power Man
    Amadeus Cho

Gender-
    [] male
    [] female
    [] other (write in)

City you live in(if the same power is picked by two sites the senior site wins)-
    [] New York
    [] Los Angeles
    [] Houston
    [] Chicago
    [] London
    [] Wakanda
    [] Other

Powers (same as above):
    [] Baseline/Average Human
    [] Magic user
    [] Psychic
    [] Chi/Ki User
    [] Genius
    [] Other

If you have powers/abilities when did you get them:
    [] Before the vision
    [] After the vision

3. Threadmarks: Character Sheet
    TheDivineDemon

Reserved for Character sheets

Voting closes in 2 days.

4. jcogginsa

jcogginsa Versed in the lewd.

What does Auto Fill mean?

5. TheDivineDemon

No character customization, you get the characters named. If all three sites pick it that's the line up, if one site picks it than the character with the powerset not picked is chosen,

6. jcogginsa

So, would it be possible for QQ to play as Nico Minoru whilst SB and SV play original character?

7. TheDivineDemon

Yep

8. jcogginsa

[X]Nico Minoru

9. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

[X] John Smith
    [X] male
    [X] London
    [X] Psychic
    [X] Before the vision

10. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

[] female
    [] London
    [] Other: Able to possess those you lock eyes with, leaving your body defenseless.
    [] Before the vision

My tentative build. The power is based off of the power of the main character from the anime Charlotte, but I decided to remove the five second restriction because, well, this is frigging Marvel. The power scale is far higher, and it probably counts as a form of psychic ability, anyways, so tons of people have come up with ways to block shit like that. I also removed the power stealing aspect of it because that feels a little too munchkin-y.

Also, no idea on a name. I'm going to actually vote once I either think of one, or someone suggests one.

TheDivineDemon will we be able to use our powers through the others' bodies, or is that something you want hidden for now?

EDIT: Heh. Could be amusing to play as a eunuch, just because.

11. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

[X] Karrin Murphy
    [X] female
    [X] Chicago
    [X] Chi/Ki User
    [X] After the vision

This is my last build. First a mage for arcane might, second a genius for technological wizardry and/or good business sense and other general smartness, and a ki-adept for punching things. If we can share skills, then this should be quite the entertaining quest.

12. abyssmal_kismet

Dammit, Lazurman! I really like the possession power idea, since I think it would interact in fun ways with the Sense8 stuff, but damn, do you tempt me with Murphy. I can't even steal the name because possession and Murphy just...don't really go together in my head.

13. Lazurman

Magic was Dresden's schtick. If anything, if I was going for pure role-playing, I'd have her be the token badass normal cop. But why be normal when you can be Wuxia?

14. Neo-Chan

Neo-Chan Downtrodden college student

[X] John Smith
    [X] male
    [X] London
    [X] Psychic
    [X] Before the vision

15. abyssmal_kismet

[X] Jane Doe
    [X] female
    [X] London
    [X] Other: Able to possess those you lock eyes with, leaving your body defenseless.
    [X] Before the vision

16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] John Smith
    [X] male
    [X] London
    [X] Psychic
    [X] Before the vision

17. monkeinguin

monkeinguin Know what you're doing yet?

[X] John Smith
    [X] Male
    [X] New York
    [X] Spider Powers
    [X] After the vision

18. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]Nico Minoru

19. TheDivineDemon

Abilities that are based upon skill, definitely. Everything else is a maybe/depends on the power.

20. TheDivineDemon

Question answered on SV:

Vote decided by choice not plan, example five people vote for plan X but six people vote for Y city than your character starts in Y city.

21. Daedalus725

Daedalus725 Know what you're doing yet?

][X] Karrin Murphy
    [X] female
    [X] Chicago
    [X] Chi/Ki User
    [X] After the

22. TheDivineDemon

Before I stat this post I want to apologize because what I'm about to do something that's going to make a few of you dislike me, maybe even drop this Quest from this. And I feel shitty about it.

I'm getting rid of the Auto-fill option. The reason being that I, well, I've found I just don't like it. The imbalance of OCs and actual canon Marvel characters feels off to me, and this Quest is already going to be difficult without the disorientation.

So, Dark Ness and jcogginsa please change your vote or it will count as a female magic user from LA.

kinglugia likes this.
  23. Lazurman

Something for the other players to keep in mind. I have not watched Sense8, nor do I plan to, but this situation seems like only mental aspects and knowledge carry over between our alternate selves. Choosing flashy options like dragon, shapeshifting, or superspeed kind of cheats our other selves. "I share headspace with a dragon-man, or a shapeshifter, or a guy who can run really fast. Woop-de-fucking-do. So what?" Whereas with genius, ki adept, or magic user, they are all inherently knowledge-based, and the skills can be shared.

Stuck in a sticky situation of an arcane persuasion? The magus knows what to do! Surrounded by thugs? Instant martial arts know-how to the rescue! Trapped in a cave, with a box of scraps? Smarty-pants will make them regret it!

Think not only of immediate personal power for one iteration, think of how each power can benefit the others. Magic user, ki adept, and genius all have amazing synergy.

I, for one, eagerly await the time when all three of us, Wuxia-style martial artists one and all, are clad in magically-enchanted power armor to sally forth against our enemies.

I will be posting this to the other sites.

TheDivineDemon and Snake/Eater like this.
  24. jcogginsa

[X] Karrin Murphy
    [X] female
    [X] Chicago
    [X] Chi/Ki User
    [X] After the Vision

25. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X] Karrin Murphy
    [X] female
    [X] Chicago
    [X] Chi/Ki User
    [X] After the

26. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Karrin Murphy
    [X] female
    [X] Chicago
    [X] Psychic
    [X] Before the vision

27. TheDivineDemon

12 hrs until voting closes!

Leading votes:
    SB Leader:
    [3]Alexander Payne
    [9] Male
    [5] London
    [5] Genius
    [6] Before

SV Leader:
    [6] Vanessa Bonheur
    [9] female
    [12] New York
    [6] Super Speed
    [14] Before

QQ Leader
    [6] Karrin Murphy
    [6] female
    [6] Chicago
    [5] Chi User
    [tied at 5] After/Before

If you want to change or alter your votes you better hurry up! Or if you simply want to vote, please do, things are closer than you may think!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  28. Lazurman

Nuuuuu~! I must make a better argument on SV! Super-speed breaks the holy trifecta!

29. TheDivineDemon

Voting closes in 4 hours!

*is feeling excited and anxious/trying to get all the votes possible before times up*

kinglugia likes this.
  30. mro123321

mro123321 Know what you're doing yet?

Variety is the spice of life.

[X]After the vision