1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadow of Intent (Halo)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by LordNox122, Jan 12, 2021.

?

Spartan or Sangheili?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2021.
  1. Spartan

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Sangheili

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Threadmarks: Author's Note
    LordNox122

LordNox122 *Internal Screaming Intensifies*

Some author's notes before we get underway:

1. This is my first Quest on this forum. I've some experience with questing, but it's from a website some of you may know of, which has... less-than-stellar moderation. (My username on that site is altosanctus284)
    2. I am ADHD and easily distracted- even from the things I love, which includes this. Updates, thus, are NOT scheduled. It's a very demoralizing flaw, I know. If you feel like you can't stand the lack of proper schedule, that's fine.
    3. As I mentioned in 2, I'm ADHD... and way too full of ideas. You might see more quests crop up, even though this isn't finished. Unless you hear it straight from my lips text box thing, this quest ain't dead.
    4. I will never say "no smut" outright, barring ethical/moral concerns (i.e.: that isn't a 700 year old loli, that really is a small child). So, yeah. If one of my quests starts out in the SFW side, that just means no lewds were planned ahead of time.
    With all that out of the way, we got some starting polls to fill out.

OblivionFan007 likes this.
  2. Threadmarks: Character Creation
    LordNox122

LordNox122 *Internal Screaming Intensifies*

Looks like our protag will be a Spartan. Since I can't add more polls it looks like, I'll condense the next few votes down.

Vote 1: Gender.

[ ] Male
    [ ] Female

Vote 2: Era

[ ] Discovery of Alpha Halo: Quest will take place from the Pillar of Autumn's crash on Alpha Halo onwards. Protagonist will either replace Master Chief, or alternatively, history will have proceeded differently from the Fall of Reach, and protag will be a survivor of Reach. (basically Combat Evolved in coop mode)
    [ ] Fall of Reach: Quest will take place during the Covenant assault on Reach. Protag will either be Noble Six, or one of the numerous other Spartans from Reach. Survival highly unlikely- but possible.
    [ ] Battle for Earth: Quest begins in New Mombasa during the Covenant's direct attack on Earth. As with Alpha Halo, the protag will either completely replace Master Chief, or be a Spartan from Reach that went MIA until the events of Halo 2. Actually MIA, not Spartan-MIA.
    [ ] Forerunner Resurgance: Quest Begins during the events of Halo 4. Protag can either be a Spartan IV aboard the Infinity, a Reach Survivor, or replace Master Chief.

Vote 3: Protag Options

[ ] Canon Replacement: Character is either Noble Six, or a replacement of Master Chief.
    [ ] In Parallel: Character is a "Coop" addition to Noble Team or Master Chief.
    [ ] Separate Yet Connected: Character does not replace the canon main character, but also doesn't join them in "Coop." Instead, character follows their own journey through the setting of Halo. (In the case of Delta Halo, they will be separated from Master Chief, and carry out their own ops in other sectors of Delta Halo.)
    [ ] Spartan IV: (unique to Forerunner Resurgance) Designates the protag as a Spartan IV from Infinity. Use this as a modifier to one of the other votes in this section, rather than a stand-alone option for this vote.

Vote 4: Protag Core Personality

[ ] Calm and Reserved: Close to Master Chief's personality in the games. The protag isn't humorless or devoid of emotion, but they tend to keep to themselves and focus on the task at hand.
    [ ] Jovial and Jocose: Quick with a quip (regardless of taste), the protag is amiable and talkative. They're not always funny, but they do try to bring a certain levity to any situation.
    [ ] Sadistic and Dire: To them, any day a covvie isn't bleeding is a day that isn't complete. Vicious at heart, they can be a bit unsettling- but they know where their loyalties lie.
    [ ] Professional and Composed: "We do this by the book" is something you might hear often from this protag. They're not inflexible, just organized.
    [ ] Write in a suggestion: Give a short summary of a personality style you don't see, but think should be an option.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021