1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skyforge

Discussion in 'General' started by Heaven Canceler, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

So, I started playing this game a week or so ago, it is pretty amusing and easy and simple enough that I don't feel I Need to put too much thought into playing it, which is great because I am a filthy casual.

Anyone else playing the game currently?

http://sf.my.com/en

For These interested in knowing more, Skyforge is an MMO where you Play as a sort of immortal warrior that is aspiring to become a god in a sci-fi/Fantasy world with all kinds of magical pseudo-tech bullshit. It has some unique and interesting Features, a development System similar to the FFX and FFXII Systems where you put Points into nodes for development, the ability to freely Switch between any classes you have outside of combat and lots of growth potential for your characters.

IGN: Cielo Guardian I didn't think about what to use, and it just came to mind randomly.

It is free to Play, so you can give it a shot to see if you like it, but do know that your character Needs a first and last Name, so don't get stuck on that^^

2. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Is that a MMO ?
    I don't like MMO.

3. Heaven Canceler

Did not see your answer until now, sorry.

Yeah it is an MMORPG. I have been able to play through most everythin solo though, or with random teams.

Only thing you cannot play alone I have reached are 5 man dungeons which I feel are more of a bother than they are worth anyway.

4. Alerni

Alerni Not too sore, are you?

How is the combat in the game? Is it the standard "Press hotkeys, avoid red circles, take a nap mid-fight" MMO combat or something more active?

5. Heaven Canceler

It is a mix of an Action like MMO that I heard Tera is and a more classic MMO, it has auto-hit attacks and attacks that you can dodge. I am myself rather new to MMOs, so I don't really have anything to compare. Personally I certainly cannot just make a nap in battle against oppenents and tend to die if I am not careful against harder Level Monsters unless I am overlevelled in an open area. I dunno, maybe to someone more skilled it would be easy.

This is an okay Video to see the classes in Action a bit. Pretty Long though, but it does Show off the different classes. That is by the way the Training room where you get to try out the different classes.

I would suggest looking for a Let's Play and just seeing if it is something you would like.

6. Alerni

Oh, just looking at the hotbar proves that it's a perfectly fine game that I'll definitely give a shot. The instant I didn't see tens of thousands of hotkey slots it meant that it might actually be fun. Although, with my internet it will take a good while to download, so I guess I won't be giving it a shot until tomorrow.

7. Heaven Canceler

Cool, if you have any questions, just ask.

8. Alerni

I haven't played all that much yet (Just the first two missions are whatever they're called) but I've got to say, it's a pretty fun game. I was really hoping the more interesting classes would be available from the start, but even Cryomancer is pretty enjoyable. Definitely a lot more fun than I expected originally.

My IGN is Lynn Laelynn if you want to add me or whatever.

9. Heaven Canceler

You will unlock them over time, I suggest just choosing one or two to work towards once you unlock the upper atlas.

Personally I play Paladin/Templar mainly. (German & English term)

I will add you, maybe there is a chance to play together.

10. Heaven Canceler

Cannot seem to find you, are you on EU Server or NA Server?

11. Alerni

Oh yeah, I completely forgot there were two servers. I'm on NA.

12. Heaven Canceler

Ah, that is bad luck I guess.with us on different servers. Was actually thinking on making a character on each server a while ago, but it seems to delete your progress if you.switch servers.

Well, I am still happy that you seem to have fun.

13. Alerni

I may make a second account and make a character on EU, maybe I'll actually touch Paladin this time, or the support class whatever its name is. Messing around with the support class every now and then had me honestly surprised with how effective it was at killing crowds of weak things, I honestly think it's better than Cryo at it, at least early-ish into the game.

Edit: Yeesh, constant 150+ms ping on EU when the rest of my family is using the internet. I can probably play fine with it, but dear god is there a very noticeable difference between it at 50~ms ping.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  14. Heaven Canceler

Huh, you managed to make a second character without deleting your first? You have to tell me how you did that sometime.

15. Alerni

I just made a second account, things like this are why I have something like 5 different emails sitting around, it's always convenient to have never used emails.

asdx and Heaven Canceler like this.
  16. Alerni

I've been meaning to play on EU more but I keep realizing that if I do a bit more I can get slightly closer to unlocking Slayer on NA and logging into that instead.

Which I guess probably means that as soon as I somehow manage to get Slayer I'll actually start playing on EU every now and then as well, I only need something like, 10-15 more nodes to get it, I'm totally close.

17. Heaven Canceler

No Problem, getting that one class is really a motivator^^ I am so working for Monk and Keep getting stuck, but it is just a question of time.