1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Space-Time Opportunities (Undertale)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by alex3410, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue
    alex3410

alex3410 Newbie Writer

It was a hot sunny day, there I was, aimlessly scrolling through Reddit, doing nothing of importance when I get a discord notification, having nothing else to do I checked it to see where it was from, it was a DM from a person I don't know, their profile picture just the color black and their name was 6 white squares and they sent me text in Wingdings, a quick glance showed me that our mutual server was an Undertale server.

❒❒❒❒❒❒ today at 6:66
    ✌︎☼︎☜︎ ︎☜︎ ︎⚐︎☠︎☠︎☜︎︎❄︎☜︎︎✍︎

A role player huh? ’ I thought to myself ‘Sure, I’ll play along’ being a fan of Undertale myself.

Opening a wingding translator site I quickly translated the text:

“ARE WE CONNECTED?”

“Deltarune?” I mused as I type in “yes” and pressed enter, a few seconds later they answer with more Wingdings and a... Sever invite?

Another translation:

“EXCELLENT.
    WE MAY BEGIN THE EXPERIMENT
    YOU MAY DO AS YOU PLEASE.”

The invite will bring me to a server called “The Underground” and it has quite the number of people in it, though it was strange that they were inviting me to a role-play server this soon, I had no reason to be wary of the invite so I clicked join.

After joining I am greeted by an empty chat and the bot saying that I need to be verified by a Moderator, a few seconds pass I was greeted by what I presume to be a papyrus role-player.

CoolSkeleton95 today at 4:56 PM
    HOWDY NEW CHAT MEMBER!!! I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HERE AS A MODERATOR TO WELCOME YOU AND TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THOSE ‘BOTS’ THAT INTEND TO BESIEGE OUR SERVER!

John Doe today at 4:56 PM
    hullo Papyrus, im John Doe, and dont worry, im an ordinary everyday human, not a bot that intends to besiege your server. :smile:

CoolSkeleton95 today at 4:56 PM
    GREAT NEWS!! NOW THAT WE’VE GOT THAT OUT OF THE WAY, I OFFICIALLY WELCOME YOU TO OUR SERVER, AND BE SURE TO READ THE RULES!

After a few moments I got verified and sent to the general chat where random people in various usernames were chatting, I immediately check the server channels to see what they have.

About

# Rules
    # Announcements
    # FAQ
    # News
    # Twitter

GENERAL

Seems basic enough, I skim through the rules section, nothing major caught my attention, I liked the added touch of no discriminating against monsters though, ‘neat detail ’, the announcements were just server updates so nothing important, the FAQ also had very few interesting things to note, though there were some strange ones like ‘Is consuming monster food gonna cause any harmful side affects?’ and ‘What is monster magic, and is it dangerous?’, ’im guessing those are for the role-plays

Speaking of role-playing, why are there no specific channels for them? ’ the question burns in my mind while I click the news channel to see what it’s about, when it loads I'm surprised.

Human 8/02/201X
    More news on the Magic and Technology public release

https://www.nytimes.com/201X/08/02/us/progress-on-magitek.html

The New York Times

By Lucas Selic

Magic and Technology combination is closer than we think!

Recent news from scientists implies that
    they are closer than ever to release
    Magitek to the public.
    “The server owner is REALLY dedicated to their role-playing huh” I think out loud, and at that moment I get another DM from Gaste the person who invited me here, ‘another Wingdings text, these people are serious about this role-play stuff, gotta appreciate the dedication.

“GO TO THE SITE,

THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.”

“Understand?” I question.

Not seeing any reasons to not go to the link, I press it and my computer screen flickers for a moment and then the news site greets me, with a full news article about Magitek and its history, I read it all with extreme detail but nothing suggests that this is fake or unrelated

“Strange to be sure, but what is there to understand?”

Then I reached the end of the article, and there were links to more articles about magic and other related stuff, all leading to a fully written article that's relevant to the title, I skim through all of them and the same results happen, nothing suggesting that these are fake.

"No."

That wasn't all, at the end of THESE articles were links to more articles relating to Monster rights, Monster food and other Monster-related articles, all being fully written by a professional.

“This can’t possible.”

at this point my breathing is getting a little frantic, I close the news site and try something different, opening the Twitter channel I'm greeted by tweets from ‘The Monster Ambassador’, clicking on the Twitter links leads me to the tweets, but I ignore them and search: “#Undertale”.

I waited with bated breath as the search results load.

No results for
    “#Undertale”

My blood runs cold ‘Did I get transferred to the world of Undertale ’ i question, Hoping that I'm wrong, I grab my phone to check if there are any news about monsters existing, I search ‘Monsters arriving to the surface’ but when the search results load I'm left with confusion, the results I got was just a few posters about a river monster, some youtube video that is not about Undertale monsters coming to the surface, and more unrelated junk, I scroll down and reach to a Quora question.

“What?” I express my confusion, ‘but why did Twitter… ’ i close the browser and open the Twitter app to search “#undertale” again.

this time the results were normal, fan art, theories, music and etc…,

I'm left speechless by the confusion.

I look back up to my computer screen and it's still at the no results, I searched “#Undertale” again to see if it was an error.

No results for
    “#Undertale”

‘Well now I'm just confused, what is even happening’ i think to myself, questioning why or how such an event is occurring.

I’m brought out of my thoughts by a discord notification, again from the mystery man who sent me another text of Wingdings

“YOU NOW UNDERSTAND

THE OPPORTUNITIES

THIS GIVES YOU”
    “The opportunities” I mumble, true, having access to the discord server that's from the world of Undertale does give me the ability to do Something, I don’t know what though.

Talk with Sans? Nah, too basic.

Get the recipe for the Butterscotch and Cinnamon pie? Nope, I don't even know how to bake.

Maybe I can get Alphys to build me a remote-controlled robot so I can interact with the world. But that requires convincing them, and that means telling them about Undertale, wait a second.

‘I have meta knowledge!’ i think excitedly, ‘i can use this to my advantage! But how?’ i quell my excitement a bit, maybe help them? With what though? What problems would they have that I, an ordinary person can help solve? So not that, Maybe I can mess with them, like using my knowledge of resets to freak out sans, or frisk.

‘I can prank them across time and space! using my knowledge of the game to freak them out!.’ it was settled there and then for me, ‘i shall use this opportunity given to me, to prank my favorite characters across realities!’.

This is gonna be so exciting!

AN: so this is my first time creating a quest! and I hope you guys bear with me while I learn the basics.

anyways since this is a story about our character interacting with the world of Undertale via social media I thought that character creation would be kinda pointless.

there should be voting options in the first chapter tho

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022 at 2:43 PM
  2. Threadmarks: Chapter 1: Morning Plans
    alex3410

alex3410 Newbie Writer

After a few seconds of maniacal laughter, I calmed down and told myself to do some preparations.

I saved the permanent invite link in every place I could think of, my phone, my laptop, my notebooks, and on online sites like Google Docs.

I also created a few alt accounts for trolling or in case something went horribly wrong, also while I was verifying one of my accounts, I met Sans!

sans today at 8:21
    u a bot?

DoughyJaune today at 8:21
    no lol

sans today at 8:21
    k

While not the most riveting conversation, I still met Sans! Other than that, all the other times it was Papyrus who checks to see if newcomers are bots or not, which begs the question of how he has the time to verify all these people, the server has a good amount of people joining in, and there’s also the fact that he has a youtube channel that he uploads daily in, what’s his secret?

Ignoring Papyrus’s schedule (maybe he doesn’t sleep?), I also learned a few things about this weird gateway I have to the world of Undertale, like the fact that I'm not just limited to only Discord, using the links that people on the server provide, I can go on Reddit, Twitter, Youtube, and all of the other social media sites too, and all of them are not from this world.

The next few hours were spent watching youtube videos about magic and cool magical duels, meaning that I didn't do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Now here I am, lying down on my bed and not having slept at all due to my excitement, planning my plan of action.

Learning that I can access all the sites thanks to otherworldly google means that I can do almost anything! Like uploading Deltarune to a file-sharing site and letting Papyrus play it, or uploading any kind of media I want on Youtube, one of the things I want to do is convince Papyrus to play Deltarune or other related games, maybe even Undertale fangames, but that will have to wait until I improve my trust with Papyrus, I could have that as a long term goal, befriending Papyrus.

[ ] (Major goal) Befriend Papyrus so you can have him play any game you recommend (the plan for this is that I create a reaction fic separate from this for any game you guys choose)
    [ ] (Major goal) Write in (if you have a better than mine)

But before that I need to choose a target for my short-term pranks, Flowey might be a solid pick, I can use my knowledge of him being Asriel to my advantage, maybe even make him a partner in crime, the problem would be finding him, I don't know if he has a Discord account or not, he doesn't have any hands so I don’t know how he would type, at least I know that he is on the surface thanks to the anniversary Christmas dialogue

Frisk could be a solid pick, I can either hint at my knowledge of the resets or come in guns blazing with a fan animation of save points, maybe something else if I put my mind to it.

There’s also Sans, I could send him some fanart of the Blasters he uses in his fight or just send him the passcodes for time travelers, maybe even talk about the lab that he has or had behind their house.

I couldn’t find Toriel or Asgore anywhere on the server, and nobody seems to mention them so I'm guessing that none of them have a Discord account, but they do have Twitter accounts, I managed to find them thanks to Frisk mentioning them in one of their tweets, Thanks Frisk! You’ve been very helpful.

I don't know how to mess with Toriel and Asgore though, the only thing that comes to mind is informing them that Flowey is Asriel but that seems a bit too far, maybe I’ll talk about resets with Asgore? He did seem to know about them when you die to him and do the talk act in his fight.

I don’t know much about Mettaton, I do know that he has a few movies thanks to the 5th-anniversary Christmas dialogue, but other than that I have nothing, maybe I can research this topic and try to find a way to get in touch with him?

I wonder who I should choose to prank.

[X] (Prank) Frisk
    [ ] (Prank) Sans
    [ ] (Prank) Papyrus
    [ ] (Prank) Toriel
    [ ] (Prank) Asgore

I also should do something productive other than binging youtube videos, maybe research some of the cast to know them better, or maybe chat with them to increase my trust. (Choose 2)

[X] (Research) Write in any major ish character (Ex: Flowey, Muffet, etc…)
    [X] (Build trust) Choose character (Asgore, Toriel, Papyrus, Sans, Frisk)
    [ ] (Ask Gaster) Write in question (ask questions about the limitations of our connection Ex: “Can we learn magic from youtube magic tutorials?”)

AN: so here are the first options for voting, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong here :V

Seeing as no one is voting I just chose myself lol
    i chose to Prank frisk, research Flowey and build trust with Papyrus

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022 at 2:38 PM
    Bomberfett343 likes this.
  3. Threadmarks: Chapter 2: Trusty Cards
    alex3410

alex3410 Newbie Writer

Researching to find a way to get in contact with Flowey will help expand my options for the future, so that’s what I set out to do.

I managed to find his Twitter (Which was FloweyTheFlower, i wonder how i didn't find it), so at least I can get in contact with him that way, but I feel like he doesn’t read his DM’s seeing as he is a massive troll, or maybe he does read them? I don’t know, but that isn’t the only way to get in contact with him, I found out that he is often featured in Papyrus’s Youtube channel as a co-commentator, I wonder how Sans feels about that.

Maybe I can use Papyrus as a way to speak with Flowey, so with thought in my head, i began to start my journey of befriending Papyrus.

John Doe today at 3:26 PM
    Hullo Coolskeleton!

He responded almost immediatly

CoolSkeleton95 today at 3:26 PM
    HOWDY JOHN OF DOE!!! HOW CAN I, THE GREAT MODERATOR PAPYRUS HELP A CHAT MEMBER IN NEED?

How does he have the time to respond to me so fast?!

John Doe today at 3:27 PM
    Nothing much, just wanted to ask if you’re up for playing Uno?

Stupid me! Does he even have the free time to play Uno with someone he barely knows?

SURE! DID YOU INVITE ANYONE ELSE OTHER THAN ME?

I guess he does have the time.

John Doe today at 3:27 PM
    Nope, just invited you lol.

WORRY NOT, I THE GREAT FRIEND PAPYRUS SHALL INVITE MORE PEOPLE MYSELF THEN!

After Sans and someone I don't know we begin to play Uno resulting in many of the usual Uno shenanigans like a round lasting forever, which coincidentally is the last round (Sans is probably asleep at this point heh), but it has to finish at some point and at last Papyrus manages to place his last card down and get enough scores to win.

“YES! ANOTHER GREAT WIN FOR THE GREAT PAPYRUS” he exclaims in the voice chat “AND NOW, I HAVE TO GO CLEAN THE HOUSE, IT WAS FUN PLAYING WITH YOU ALL!”

Hearing Papyrus’s voice on Youtube for the first time was strange, but it’s even stranger here for some reason.

“Yeah it was fun, see you again later Papyrus.” I respond

“I too had fun, Meet you later Papyrus” the Stranger mumbles

“SEE YOU LATER TOO JOHN OF DOE AND EKS EKS GROOVY EKS EKS (XxGroovyxX), I HOPE WE CAN PLAY AGAIN” and with that said, he leaves the voice chat, Sans is still here still sleeping I think.

“Welp, see you later groovy- aaaaand they already left” I said without realizing they left too, guess I should leave too then, seeing as there's nothing to do, and begin to think of a way to prank frisk.

[ ](Prank) Hint at the knowledge of resets
    [ ](Prank) Send Fanart of Save Points
    [ ](Prank) Write in

AN: alas i hope i get votes this time, i was never good with choices o_0

Edit:Times up for votes

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022 at 7:57 PM
  4. Bomberfett343

Bomberfett343 [Verified Mini Nobbu] [Optimistic nihilist]

Dam it just found this was hoping to send frisk this before noticing voting ended

[​IMG]

alex3410 likes this.
  5. alex3410

alex3410 Newbie Writer

Welp, nothing we can do now except wait till the next chapter :D, which hopefully should be finished tomorrow.

also rolling dice for something.

alex3410 rolled 1 die of 10 faces, total: 6
    For: The World
    Rolled on: September-26-2022, 02:58pm

6. Bomberfett343

I am looking forward to it.....

Partner

= )

alex3410 likes this.
  7. Threadmarks: Chapter 3: Anomaly Detected
    alex3410

alex3410 Newbie Writer

I finally managed to settle for a prank, using Chara's dialogue at the end of the genocide route to freak Frisk out, this should let them know that we know about the Resets AND Chara existing, though that depends if they did a genocide run or not, it is scary to think about since if they did do a genocide run that means I’m pranking someone who has committed genocide.

Getting ready for the prank, I opened a tab for Chara’s wiki and logged into an Alt account I verified earlier named ‘Character’ (Very subtle), checking to see if they were offline or not, it would be awkward for them to see the prank before I fully pasted it, I began copy pasting the dialogue.

‘Now I just need to wait, let’s play some idle games’ i thought, busying myself in the random idle game I installed on my phone.

(PoV Frisk)

Frisk has experienced this day many times before, the next few weeks will not have any major events that affect the relationship between Humans and Monsters, so Frisk doesn’t have many reasons to intervene, making this period a golden opportunity to relax and prepare for the event.

Well, that was what this day should have been, but an anomaly appeared before Frisk in the form of a Discord DM by someone named ‘Character’, They began by Introducing themself as ‘Chara’ and doing an entire speech before asking us to erase the world and move on to another.

How peculiar.
    They are accurate in the portrayal of my speech patterns.

Frisk concludes that this is concerning, not about the fact that they know of Chara’s existence and speech patterns, but of the question on how they gained knowledge of said fact.

That is not all, this speech.
    This speech is what I planned to give you if you have concluded your Genocide.

Frisk is now worried, the anomaly has knowledge of something that only existed as an idea of a ghost, if they know that then who knows what other information they hold.

I wonder what is the cause of their existence.
    Perhaps they are like the grey people.

Frisk ponders on that suggestion, the nature of their existence does seem like of those that Frisk met only on certain resets, does that mean that the anomaly will be gone when Frisk resets?

Do not.
    We may have a use for them.
    We can guide them to share their knowledge.

Frisk agrees to that point, even if the anomaly’s knowledge turns out to be useless, the source of said knowledge will be useful, and so with that reasoning, Frisk starts typing out a simple hello.

Human today at 7:47 PM
    Hello.

Frisk notes that they reply a few minutes later, were they busy with something?

Character today at 7:49 PM
    Heyo! Say, what did you think about the speech? I spent a very long time (Not long at all) writing everything down (Nope, i just copy and pasted) to make sure it was as perfect as it can be!

Frisk focuses on the detail that they ‘copy and pasted’ the speech, does that mean that they have the knowledge written somewhere on their device? Frisk ponders if they should ask Sans to hack this person, the risk is high since they can find out and delete everything, and since a reset is risky, Frisk decides to play it safe.

Human today at 7:49 PM
    It is a very accurate speech, may I ask where the inspiration for this speech is? And why you would send this to me?

Character today at 7:49 PM
    The answer to the first question would be very telling now, wouldn’t it? (Translation: lol no), but i can answer the second question! (Be grateful!), its very simple: cuz why not lol.

Frisk should have expected the anomaly to be very… inconvenient, nothing worthwhile in a person's life is ever easy.

Human today at 7:49 PM
    Then would you mind answering some questions I have?

Character today at 7:50 PM
    Nopity Nope! Ask away the questions that are surely burning in your mind! (i hope not literally!) (edited)

Frisk hopes that they can manage to strike some sort of deal with the anomaly, there is only one chance to do this, Frisk thinks that it has been a while since they have felt the uncertainty of the future.

The unpredictability of the future fills you with determination.

I really should’ve expected questions but this is getting ridiculous.’ i think, feeling perturbed, Frisk asks another question and again I, using the fake persona speech, refuse answering the question.

I need to put an end to this.’ and began to type a response to this thought.

Character today at 8:02 PM
    I hope you are about finished with your interrogation officer, cuz if we continue on, it might turn to tomorrow! (I hope not).

Character today at 8:02 PM
    But I do have a solution for sating the curiosity in you! And that's making a promise to answer your questions in the future, that is if you answer mine! (no better offer than this! Accept now to win big prize!) (edited)

I’m winging it at this point, I just hope I haven't created a contract that promises me doom like the interrogation i had just now (so many questions!).

Great, even my thoughts are now like my persona, 10 minutes! 10 whole minutes of playing a character (hah! Get it?)’ I think exasperated.

Human today at 8:03 PM
    Sure, then I shall take your word for it, an answer for an answer.

Character today at 8:03 PM
    Great! I have to go now, so see ya tomorrow! Baiiiiiiiiii (and i hope to see no more questions until tomorrow!)

Human today at 8:03 PM
    Have a great night, and until the next day, farewell.

I breathe a sigh of relief and quickly make my account invisible, I don’t know what I expected when I started this prank, but it sure wasn’t this, it looks like my throwaway alt account is throwaway no longer! And there's also the interrogation, it started normally with a simple ‘who are you’ and the next few questions were seemingly fine, that was until I noticed that I was accidentally telling them too much information thanks to my persona’s unique dialogue, they were asking specific questions that would exploit that quirk to gain more information from me, which was very cool!

What’s also cool is that I’m now also an information trader! Let my mysterious nature burn your curiosity Frisk! For I am a very mysterious and very cool info trader, I should probably go buy a cloak or some shades to complete the look.

I did also manage to glean some nuggets of info from this conversation at least, like the fact that they seem to have done a genocide run thanks to their ‘accurate’ comment on my speech, which is weird to think about, I’m connected to a world that’s erased.

That also brings me to the questions on how resets work, will it affect me too if Frisk resets, Or will I be immune? Resets in the game seem to be somewhat flawed in their deed, Characters having deja vu about previous runs, so it must not work well on memory, maybe I can ask Wingdings guy about this.

Alas, it seems to be getting a bit late, I should probably start cooking dinner, and plan on what to do tomorrow.

[ ] (Prank) Flowey
    [ ] (Prank) Sans
    [ ] (Prank) Papyrus
    [ ] (Prank) Asgore
    [ ] (Prank) Toriel

(Note: you can forgo the pranking to gain an extra action vote so that you can have 3 actions for the next day unlike the usual 2)

[ ] (Research) Write in any major ish character
    [ ] (Build trust) Choose a character (Asgore, Toriel, Papyrus, Sans, Frisk(Alt))
    [ ] (Ask Gaster) Write in question (ask any questions about the nature of the connection of worlds)
    [ ] (Ask Frisk) Write in (can ask about the current situation of their world or for more way to get in contact with characters)

What did you guys think of my Chara dialogue? I hope I did it correctly

voting time will end tomorrow at 6 PM (9/28/2022)

edit: I just remembered that time zones are a thing: 6:00 PM UTC +3:30

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022 at 12:54 PM
    meloa789 and Bomberfett343 like this.
  8. Bomberfett343

I'd say the Chara dialogue was fitting for them and it was portrayed in a way where they we're detached from it all.

[X] The Plan with no name:

-[X] (Prank) Flowey

-[X] (Research) Mettaton

-[X] (Build trust) Asgore

alex3410 likes this.
  9. alex3410

alex3410 Newbie Writer

times up for voting and we have a few ties (co posting this fic in ao3 for anyone confused)

rolling dice for the choices that are ties

first roll
    1 - Flowey
    2 - Sans
    3 - Papyrus

second roll
    1- Asgore
    2- Frisk
    3- Frisk (alt)
    alex3410 rolled 2 die of 3 faces, total: 4
    For: Ties
    Rolled on: September-28-2022, 03:32pm