1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spaces (line breaks) suddenly appearing in reply box when using mobile.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Buli-Buli, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Buli-Buli

Buli-Buli Versed in the lewd.

I cannot respond to threads on my cell phone as whenever I try, the breaks between my lines suddenly start expanding in number rapidly. These appear throughout my reply text box regardless of where my cursor is and will even appear in quoted text boxes.

I am certain this is not a mechanical issue with my phone's touch screen as it is not being replicated in my notes pages or messenger apps, nor are my apps opening or closing themselves.

As an example, if I was typing this on my phone instead of my desktop, there would be at least a whole Microsoft Word page's worth of empty space between each paragraph and at the bottom of my post by now.

2. CuriousStranger

CuriousStranger Not too sore, are you?

This is happening to me as well. I can't seem to stop it. Especially worse if I 'quote' something.

Chaos Fantasy likes this.
  3. Chaos Fantasy

Chaos Fantasy Versed in the lewd.

perhaps late, but anyone else with or still dealing with this could use the tip. (Provided the phone company or text program hadnt fixed it yet)

i had the same problem on SpaceBattles, cant recall if it hsppened here.

The only fix i personally found was going into settings and turning off Predictive Text or Spellcheck.

I have to try harder to make sure everthing is spelled right now, but at least spaces arent exponentially increasing inbetween my sentences anymore.

Buli-Buli likes this.
  4. Buli-Buli

Okay. I have turned off predictive text. I'll check back later and inform everyone if it worked for me as well.

5. Shaedy Hoe

Shaedy Hoe Versed in the lewd.

This has been happening to me, too, this month, and it's put me off if interacting with folks on QQ cos of how frustrating it is. After having to delete a few of my fucked up looking replies a couple of times, I decided to just type my comments in my notes app and copy-pasting them in SECONDS and then posting with the Quickness before the reply box starts fucking with me. This has been irritating my soul lately and it's making me lose interest in QQ, so I hope your advice really works out for me, or else I'ma have to give up on this website like I done gave up on the Fanfiction dot net app.

6. Buli-Buli

Well as annoying as it has been to KEEP. FINDING. MISSPELLINGS. AFTER. I. POST.:mad:

This solution has worked perfectly. Thank you.:D

7. Chaos Fantasy

Great it worked out. :)

8. Jao

Jao (Verified Lemon Drop Addict)

Happens to me too. It didn't use to happen before, but now it does. I use a Samsung phone.

9. Chaos Fantasy

Honestly, i bet it was some glitchy update.

For me. Prior to one update, things were okay, then after... automatic and uncontrollable spaces between lines as though the Enter Key was being mashed.

It's been quite a while. Did turning off Predictive Text work out for you?

Shaedy Hoe and Jao like this.
  10. Jao

Jao (Verified Lemon Drop Addict)

I just turned off the rich text editor option in preferences and it seems to be fixed for me.

https://forum.questionablequesting.com/account/preferences

Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages

11. Shaedy Hoe

Shaedy Hoe Versed in the lewd.

It does infact work. But before I turned it off, everytime I'd tried to use the text box, the page would glitch so bad I had to close the whole browser. Also, I cant type shit without predictive text so I'm just gonna not bother to reply on QQ anymore, cos that'll be less stressful than typinng without assistance.