1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stand Still, Stay Silent.

Discussion in 'General' started by Lucky-38, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

Well, I know that this comic has been running for years now, and I've been a huge fan for a long while, but it doesn't have a thread here. So, I figured I'd make one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stand Still, Stay Silent is...it's fucking beautiful, for one thing. The art is gorgeous.

I'm not going to spoil too much, but the main part of the story happens 90 years after a horrible infection sweeps through the world, wiping almost everyone out. Iceland closed their borders early, and thus became the only country to survive mostly intact, while smaller enclaves of other Scandinavian countries managed to survive as well. Now, the world is full of dangerous creatures that appeared after the infection began, and a small underfunded expedition is sent out to explore beyond the safe zones for the first time in nearly a century.

It updates Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and currently has 15 chapters. I cannot recommend this story highly enough. Please, if you haven't read it already, give it a shot.

2. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

Holy shit, Tuuri died

I mean, after what happened, I kind of expected it, but... I was expecting it to take a lot longer, you know? Instead, it actually happened relatively quickly.

Like, fucking wow.

Minna went and did it. The Silent World sure is dangerous.

Lucky-38 likes this.
  3. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

The tears flow heavily in the comment section.

I'm actually kinda glad it happened, though. I mean, I'm fucking wrecked emotionally speaking, but it's reaffirmed that bad things can happen, while also being a beautiful scene.

4. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

Huh. Looking at this picture, I actually just noticed all of the things in the water. This is probably the best piece of art to represent the series as a whole, actually. Nice, happy, and cheery on the surface, but there's plenty of terrifying things underneath.

einargs likes this.
  5. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

Recently discovered it and have been reading to catch up. Very pretty, interesting setting, realistic characters. Enjoying the hell out of it.

There is one minor quibble that I have, and that is at times the characters seem rather subdued in their reactions.

One example is where a character falls in an icy river, and as they're swimming around to get back to the surface they see a monster coming up from beneath to grab them. And their expression is complete nothing. Even when they get to the surface and then yanked back down by a tentacle, completely nothing.

It's every now and then, but it was just something that I noticed and not anything that really hurts it. Just a small thing.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Lucky-38 likes this.
  6. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

If I'm remembering that scene correctly, I always took that as a sort of resignation. Like, 'this is someone who'd always thought that one day she'd be killed by a Troll, and believes that this is that day.'

aquinas likes this.
  7. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

New chapter cover is out!
    [​IMG]

Jiven likes this.
  8. Krinjit3

Krinjit3 Getting out there.

Interesting character. Carry on!