• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Story/Fanfic Idea Thread

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

I've had several fanfiction/story ideas floating around in my head for a while, yet I've never...

ET03

Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?
I've had several fanfiction/story ideas floating around in my head for a while, yet I've never gotten around to writing them, and If I do, I can never complete them. So, I decided to write them down here instead, hoping someone might be interested in picking up the idea and writing it.

1.) Short Stroy - Mission series idea.
This is a rather simple idea, but I think it would be nice to help out people who just want to write a small story. The premise is to basically find a story that possesses a mission or quest system, like Naruto or Fairy tale, and choose several characters to send them on a quest. Thats pretty much it, short and quick. You could introduce your own character to the plot or just choose some existing ones to tell a tale about. It should be helpful for newer writers to get a grasp about story creation without having to worry about over commitment since it has a clear goal and defined size limit so to speak. If you want you could even include the characters you create from these mission stories into a bigger writing project, or just treat them as side stories added into the new project.

2.) Large project - premise - Vampire in Naruto.
Although this sounds very generic and simple as a fanfiction idea, I personally think it has a lot of room to work with. For example, Naruto has a clan called the Chinoike which can both cast illusions and manipulate blood. I say that you make the main character as someone who woke up in the ancient times or warring states era with abilities similar to a vampire (I.E. blood manipulation, nocturnal, life force draining/assimilation, life sensing, hypnotism, minor Bio kinesis, longevity, etc.). I personally dislike systems in novels, so just have the mc either be a native of the world, or to inexplicably wake up in a random forest in the world of Naruto. I'll go into to background/character settings, for the mc in both scenarios.
Route 1: Native - Born to a civilian family during the warring states period. He awakens his or her vampiric abilities at a young age in a similar manner to how Kekkai Genkai are awoken, his strange and eerie abilities that make it so he needs to drink blood to live cause him to be ostracized by the people in his village even receiving faint dislike from the rest of his family. However, due to the harsh conditions of the time period his enhanced physical abilities make him a useful individual to keep around. It is only when his peers notice that he also stopped aging during their twenties when he finally bears the brunt of their greed and fear causing him to flee the village starting his life as a wanderer/arm for hire. He spends many decades like this only to grow a rather twisted mentality as he watches those around him age and die as he stays the same. With the abilities he gained whilst wandering he starts trying to uncover a way to make people live as long as him, hence the birth of the Chinoike clan, something that can be considered similar to a vampire's thralls. However, due to the rather inhuman experimentations done to achieve this clan's formation several daimyos/warlords pay shinobi clans to subdue and kill him. (This is the second major focal point in his background where you can take several routes, what time frame these events happen are up for the authors discretion, you could even not use them if you don't like it.) The outcome of this ends up with members of the Uzumaki clan sealing him in what can be considered a temple. He remains there for centuries, later on a descendent of the Uzumaki clan alters the seal out of greed for the MC's longevity and apparent immortality, they try and alter the seal into a master servant contract wishing for the MC to become their slave so they can gain immortality through his abilities. (You can either have him fail to obtain the MC's submission, so he dies, and the MC escapes the seal. Or you could make it so that the Greedy fellow fails yet leaves the seal altered, meaning that someone could potentially come around and enter a master servant contract with the MC. A third option would be for the MC to submit to the greedy fellow, you could also think of something on your own.)

Route 2: Transmigrated/reincarnated MC. This has a very similar background to the first route, the difference being that the MC is someone who either suddenly appeared in the world of Naruto with the abilities of a vampire or reincarnated with them. You could have it so that the mc, someone who can't speak the native language and drinks blood is treated like a demon or monster by the locals. Or follow a similar route to the first one with him being reincarnated. An interesting way for him to integrate with native civilization would be for a rouge shinobi who took on a task to eliminate the monster realizes he's just a kid who's terrified of everything and takes him on as a student. Or that he gets captured and used as free/slave labor by a strong person due to his abilities garnering interest, where he will slowly adapt and learn about his surroundings. Two interesting development models right there. After that it would follow the latter half of the first route with him forming the chinoike clan only to end up sealed.

Part 2: This is related to tying into the Cannon of Naruto, I say the easiest method would be to follow the master servant contract method, the only hard part is deciding on which character he should contract with. It could even be a remanent of the Chinoike clan if you want to follow a route similar to him rebuilding the clan and establishing his/her own hidden village. As for some characters he could contract with, I would say, Shizune, Orochimaru, Terumi Mei, or etc. I think these three would be rather easy to set up a background with, Shizune because in the story she is interested in historical locations, after they explore and abandoned temple, she accidentally unseals the MC's seal and enters a contract with him. Orochimaru since he is someone pursuing all ninjutsu in the world, learning about an immortal person who practically created a bloodline, If I were Orochimaru I would also be interested in the MC. The third one, Terumi Mei, it could be that a rumor spread about the MC's sealing location and that whoever unseals him would be able to gain great power or that it happened by chance. But I think the unsealing him lets you gain power setting would be suitable for a rebel leader who is fighting a civil war, it would also make for a rather interesting plotline, having her search out for power to help her form a rebellion and coming across his information by chance, hence leading to their meeting. You don't have to choose any of these, they are just recommendations I have that help lead into the plot era, setting up the MC to be somewhat more of a side/supporting character who influence those around him, and subsequently the plot of the story.

3.) Medium sized - history discovery
This one isn't quite original, yet I haven't seen an actual story about it so I thought I would write it down. This Idea came to me when I was reading Saga of Tanya the Evil. Within this story there are excerpts that jump to the future where a group of historians are trying to piece together Tanya's identity, as it had been made classified post wartime in the future. They do so by uncovering journal entries, data logs, old documents, and interviews with those few people living from her era to the present. I feel it would be very entertaining to view such a process occur to characters from popular media. An example of this could occur in Naruto, let's say it is the generation born after Boruto's, a group of historians are trying to piece together a new history textbook when they discover a series of anomalies and events that don't have groups responsible tied to them. By gathering these clues and interacting with those few people remaining from the time period they piece together and create an identity for the one they are looking for. Some examples could be an Orochimaru who died and was never whitewashed, alongside having his identity covered up, you would have to figure out who exactly killed the third hokage, or why there is so little mention of the third Sannin after a certain period of time within historical records. You could also do it with other characters like Shimura Danzo, Uchiha Madara, even the fourth Mizukage if you station your setting in that region of the shows setting.
You could also tie this idea into your own characters story like it's done in Saga of Tanya the Evil. It could make for an interesting way of storytelling as well as helping provide foreshadowing for future events in the story.

Welp that's all, I hope someone finds this useful, if not, oh well, at least it's out their if someone looks at it in the future. If you have any questions post them in the comments or message me and I will try to respond to them.

Here's my fanfic idea:

World Gone Mad
Worm x Paprika Crossover

About Paprika:

It is a 2006 Japanese animated film (created by Satoshi Kon) that tells a story about Dr. Atsuko Chiba, who works as a scientist by day and, under the code name "Paprika," is a dream detective at night. Atsuko and her colleagues are working on a dreamwalking device called the DC Mini, which is intended to help psychiatric patients, but in the wrong hands it could destroy people's minds. When a prototype is stolen,Atsuko/Paprika, with the help of her colleagues and a troubled detective, springs into action to recover it before damage is done.

About the crossover:

Unlike in canon, where Taylor became the host of Queen Administrator, her grief over the deaths of her mother and later on, her best friend Emma has led to her becoming the host of Demesne-Keeper, a shard once destined to be with the girl who would've been Labyrinth.

As a result, she become one of the most powerful shakers/trumps in the world, for the very boundary between reality and fantasy is hers to control, but at the cost of half her already deteriorated sanity.

So come join her, as we follow her and her allies in their journey to finally confront their inner demons together and be free once more while also racing against the clock to save Earth Bet and other Earths.

Because three years prior to Annette's death, Zion had already been subsumed by his grief over the death of his consort Eden, and unbeknownst to everyone except Taylor and her co. a la jail breaked Dinah, is slowly driving humanity on a road to extinction. Not through wars and sufferings, but by cursing them into a slow descent to madness.

For example, here's the video depiction showing what would later be known as the beginning of the Insanity March, located in Tokyo, Japan. (Scene taken from Paprika, which I do not own)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back