1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange bold bug when pasting from googledocs

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Rathmun, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Rathmun

Rathmun "Not interested" is not hate speech.

I use googledocs to write new chapters, and recently a bizarre new behavior has popped up. If I paste something that contains a blank line, that blank line contains a bold space character for no apparent reason.

Here's

an

example.

Code:
    Here's
    [B] [/B]
    an
    [B] [/B]
    example.

If I switch to the bbcode editor I can see the extraneous tags of course, but I'd rather not have to take the time to remove them. SB and SV don't seem to have this problem, and QQ didn't until earlier this month. I have no idea what changed, but it makes for some very strange results when people quote sections of the chapter. They end up with random bold tags coming out of nowhere if I don't take the time to remove them.

Currently I'm pasting into the rich text editor, switching to bbcode, copypasting to NPP, find&replacing the {b} {/b}'s with nothing, and copypasting back to the bbcode editor before posting. It's a pain.

2. Rathmun

And now when I quote it and then switch to bbcode editor, the bold tags are gone, despite being there when I posted it. What the actual hell?

But if I'm already in the bbcode editor when I hit the reply link, it DOES get the bold tags. Something is obviously very wrong here.

3. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

I feel like the random spaces have been there more-or-less forever (that is, as far back as I can remember), but I've never seen the stuff about the bold before.

Well, to clarify, I encounter random space characters when using quotes on my phone. I don't know how they get there, just they tend to show up.

4. Rathmun

The random spaces, yes, but I didn't have any reason to care about them. Randomly appearing formatting tags however make life difficult when quoting and editing.

MissileTeatime likes this.
  5. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

Mm. And from the sounds of it, it's too consistent to be the ol' "you highlighted the space when you added the bold, but didn't highlight the space when you un-bolded" type of thing, either.

6. Rathmun

Especially since I can copy once, and then paste to both QQ and either SB or SV, and only QQ gets the bolded space. (Well, only QQ gets the space at all, SB and SV don't get the bold or the space.)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  7. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator