1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Effect Quest (Mass Effect/???)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Gideon020, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Gideon020

Gideon020 Writing a novel.

-Location Unknown-

"What do you want?" The Illusive Man was a person of carefully controlled emotion, a person who didn't let things like annoyance, disappointment or resentment cloud his judgment. But this?

This may have been one of the few times that he could be called angry as he glared at the man standing before him in hologram form, a bandanna of sorts concealing the lower part of his face but it was obvious he was mockingly smiling at the leader of Cerberus.

For good reason. In one fell stroke this man and his...vessel, had disrupted years of work and the investment of billions into his plan to put humanity, with Cerberus at the helm, at the top of the galactic balance of power. And now the reason for his anger and two years of fruitless searching had hacked into his communication systems to speak to him again.

"You really don't like it when someone turns the chess board into a game of Mahjong, do you?" The man replied, insufferably pleased with himself, "Well, I'm here on business actually. Shepard has finished the training and acclimation to their reconstruction, and has proven remarkably adept at their new...enhancements."

"Enhancements?" The Illusive Man's cybernetic eyes narrowed dangerously as he leaned forward, voice nearly a hiss, "What enhancements? What have you done?"

"Oh, Timmy." The man before him regarded him with sparkling eyes, "You sound as if I just took a shit inside an expensive floor vase when you look at me like that. And as for the enhancements, you'll get to see them soon enough."

"I want an answer." The Illusive Man demanded as the man before him made to turn away, "If you're returning Shepard to the galaxy, then that means Cerberus will find you. I will find you."

"And then what? I have twelve kilometers of super-capital vessel and a self-sufficient support fleet, enough firepower to devastate the meager extent of the known galaxy and a good portion of the unknown, an army of fanatically-loyal, superhuman, alien soldiers as naval infantry and a combined human/alien ship crew who is just as dedicated."

He shrugged, "Besides, what could you do to a group that is dimension-tossed and despite being weakened, still more superior than you? We'll be home soon enough, but not before we see what Shepard plans to do about this 'Reaper' situation. Should be one hell of a show."

The man finished turning away, "Send your people to Freedom's Progress. Shepard will join up with you there. It seems that the Commander finds your group...useful and frankly it would be unseemly for us to appear before the greater galactic community openly."

As the hologram faded, the Illusive Man glanced at the crushed cigar in the ashtray of his seat and decided to light a new one, eyes narrowed as he activated the FTL communications system to make a call of his own.

-Freedom's Progress, Lunar Shadow-

"Welp, looks like you're going back into the field, Commander Shepard." The man who had just spoken with the Illusive Man cheerfully announced, "Doc says you're good to go for operations, so why don't we start with finishing up the basics of your profile before we hand you over to Cerberus."

Carefully checking over their armour, Commander Shepard sighed, "Wish I didn't have to go to Cerberus, Captain."

"I'll admit, I was surprised you insisted," The Captain remarked, "But seeing as how they've spent two years continuing to assemble a crew and a new Normandy based on the information I gave the Illusive Man on that day, I suppose it would be churlish to disregard all of their hard work."

Shrugging, the Captain entered some details onto a datapad before Shepard's Omnitool beeped, "Okay, just need your name, gender, Military Occupation Specialty and the enhancements we issued you when we were reconstructing you."

[]Name:

[]Gender:

MOS:
    -[]Soldier
    -[]Infiltrator
    -[]Vanguard
    -[]Adept
    -[]Sentinel
    -[]Engineer

Enhancement:
    -[]Parasite Therapy
    -[]Cybernetic Augmentation
    -[]Nanite Augmentation
    -[]Genetic Augmentation

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

[X]Name: Shir Godwin Shepard
    [X]Gender: Female
    MOS:
    -[X]Vanguard
    Enhancement:
    -[X]Nanite Augmentation

Edit::oops:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  3. Gideon020

GM: I have a head full of stupid right now, so hopefully this quest will make that stupid become less stupid. ^_^;

4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Where exactly do you get "Shepard" from that?

[X]Name: Emily Shepard

MOS:
    -[X]Soldier

Enhancement:
    -[X]Genetic Augmentation

5. Dromeosaur

Dromeosaur Not too sore, are you?

MOS:
    -[X]Soldier

Enhancement:
    -[X]Genetic Augmentation

6. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

MOS:
    -[X]Infiltrator

Enhancement:
    -[X]Parasite Therapy

7. unsafejakal

unsafejakal Not too sore, are you?

MOS:
    -[X]Infiltrator
    Enhancement:
    -[X]Parasite Therapy

8. shade argost

shade argost Experienced.

MOS:
    -[X]Engineer
    Enhancement:
    -[X]Nanite Augmentation

AZATHOTHoth likes this.
  9. Gideon020

GM: Ok, the only thing that's tied is the enhancements. First vote after this one wins.

10. shade argost

shade argost Experienced.

Actually there are two votes for soldier and two for infiltrator as well.

It might help if we could get a bit of exposition on those enhancements as well.

11. Gideon020

I honestly thought they were fairly obvious but since this is just a quest to get the stupid out of my head I guess I should elaborate:

-Parasite Therapy: All of the abilities of the Skulls from MGSV without the threat of spreading a language-based plague.
    -Nanotech: Deus Ex and Senator Armstrong.
    -Cybernetics: Canon Mass Effect 2 Shepard, via Ghost In The Shell, Deus Ex and Eclipse Phase.
    -Genetic Augmentation: Captain America.

Corvus 501 and AZATHOTHoth like this.
  12. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

MOS:
    -[X]Infiltrator
    Enhancement:
    -[X]Nanite Augmentation

13. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

[X]Name: Maximilian "Max" Shepard
    [X]Gender: Male
    MOS:
    -[X]Vanguard
    Enhancement:
    -[X]Parasite Therapy

14. Gideon020

GM: Hmm, I'm gonna close the vote now, this should be enough to work with.