1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupidity is contagious

Discussion in 'General' started by Adyen, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

2. GLH

GLH Really?

...it might help to post a summary or explanation of some sort, 'cause there aren't gonna be many willing to click random links willy-nilly.

3. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Basically the UN Human Rights Committee had investigated Japan for the potential discrimination of women due to a lot of random things and taking action including and up to "Banning the sale of video games or cartoons involving sexual violence against women".

4. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

Wait, hold on, The Anime Man put a video about this.
    Ah, found it:

5. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Everything on that list sounds pretty cool except for the first one.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Valette-Serafina likes this.
  6. False Xteeler

False Xteeler "Hahaha ♪"

Good news.

Adyen likes this.
  7. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

It probably doesn't make any sense, but I can't shake this niggling feeling in the back of my mind that that provision was only on the list to give Japan something to strike down. Like - "yeah, okay, we're making some changes, but we didn't do everything the UN asked for; some of those proposed changes were insane! Witness the strength of your national government and how they don't kowtow to international authority (any more than necessary)."

I dunno, probably not. "Never ascribe to malice" and all that.

8. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Huh.

If that was prearranged, though...
    Everyone benefits, yeah?

Adyen likes this.
  9. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

I'm pretty sure there's always stuff to keep every major player happy. Or at least content so they don't derail actually important stuff.