1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summoned Hero Chronicle

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Reverent One, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Reverent One

Reverent One Getting sticky.

You find yourself in a deep, endless sea.

There's nothing but a faint glimmer of sunlight above you.

Nothing but a vast abyss below.

Your memories are rather murky but you remember one thing.

You are...

[img width=375 height=600]http://i.imgur.com/xPxrKIZ.png[/img]

2. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

the male appearance looks uninteresting so
    [X] female

3. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Might want to reserve a post(s) for an Index and or Character Sheet.

Also I assume we're supposed to vote now? [X] Female

4. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

NONONONONONO

Better idea!

[X] Male, but with a female figure!

5. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] female

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Male

7. serra2

serra2 Not too sore, are you?

[X] female

8. Reverent One

That's right, you're female. The memories just come flooding back.

Now what was your name again?

>Riza Cornwall
    >Raem Orzet
    >Agatha Drezalurn
    >CUSTOM NAME (Be serious with this plz)

9. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] Heather McCloud

10. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Riza Cornwall

11. Zefferen

Zefferen But why?

[X] Raem Orzet

Funky names are the best names.

12. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Agatha Drezalurn

13. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Agatha Drezalurn

14. Reverent One

15. Reverent One

LOCATION CHRONICLE

Reserved for location listings.

16. Reverent One

This world is governed by the eight Crystals. They’re the lifeblood of the planet itself. Without them, we wouldn’t be able to have the lives that we do now.

They are…

The Crystal of Heaven & Sky which governs the heavens.
    The Crystal of Lake & Marsh which governs the forest and the life-giving waters.
    The Crystal of Fire which governs fire and the warmth that it provides.
    The Crystal of Thunder which governs the chaos of the sky.
    The Crystal of Wind which governs the blowing gale.
    The Crystal of Water which governs water as a whole, as well as the oceans and all of its splendor.
    The Crystal of Mountain which governs the moving earth under our feet.
    And the Crystal of Earth which governs all things that grow from the soil, the dirt..

They’re all broad in the kind of power they have but the domain is still split. Each Crystal exists in one of the vast kingdoms on the this planet known as Dyvria.

Now, there is a threat that will eventually encompass the entire the world. Only the power of the Crystals is capable of stopping it.

That threat is known as Remnants.

Beings, or rather monsters born of the dark that continue to feed on us to become stronger. No one knows their origins.

No one knows why they are here, but surely their presence can lead to no good.

Which is why I’ve come to the Tower of the Blessed to perform a sacred ceremony. There were legends of a sacred Hero that once saved Etherim from calamity a long time ago.

Someone who was brave, strong and kind.
    Someone who took up the legendary blade Aludra to vanquish evil all across the land.

That’s why I carry this large, blue blade upon my back to the tower where the first summoning had taken place.

But I am not alone.

I have my caretaker, Aradias Gravelin here, riding beside me upon a Wyvern of his own.
    [img width=232 height=600]http://i.imgur.com/tt5qKDd.png[/img]

The one driving me toward the large tower is my personal guard, Therial Calelen.

[img width=275 height=600]http://i.imgur.com/UkZk9oo.png[/img]

“Are you really sure about this, Princess?” Aradias looks over to me while the Wyvern continues its stride to the tower.

“I am.” my eyes fall upon the sword Aludra. “This land is already in turmoil. Right now, what it needs more than anything, is a savior.”

“T’is just a chance but you have to stake everything on it, yes?” Therial looks back at me for a brief moment, smiling.

“Exactly. If I can do something to help the Kingdom of Etherim, I’m willing to give up everything for it.”

“I guess.” Aradias sighs then shakes his head. “It’s just I don’t want you getting involved in something bigger than yourself. I mean, you still have this Kingdom to think about it. The politics of it all, learning how to rule…”

“If you’re just going to lecture me, Aradias, it can wait until we’re home.” I snap back. Having him drone on me about my ‘wrong’ decisions can wait until we actually don’t have anything to do.

“A-ah… listen, Princess, I just have your best interests at heart. Please, understand.”

“Yes, I understand, but I also have to have a clear-head for the summoning ritual.” If my mind is plagued by doubt, it will certainly not work.

“Oh, that’s right.” he pauses.

Before I know it, Therial pulls the Wyvern to a stop.

Aradias has to yank the reigns on his just to get it to turn away before smashing into the ivory wall of the tower.

“Heheheh.” I giggle at his expense.

“Come on, you two.” Therial quickly directs us into the tower. I cease my laughter then sharpen my mind. I’m here for a reason.

I’m here for my country and its people.

That’s all.

“I will not repeat myself.” Therial’s strong voice makes me shake.

“I’m coming, Therial!”
    “I’m coming too.” I look back to see Aradias tying the Wyvern to a tree nearby to stop it from running on away.

In contrast to Therial’s, Aradias’ riding skills aren’t the best. Neither are his methods of discipline. So I won’t be shocked if that reptile pulls the tree down while running away.

I walk into the tower right after my personal guard makes sure its safe. By personal guard, of course, I mean Therial since she’s the only one present… besides Aradias but he’s no good in a fight.

I step into the first floor of the tower. There in the center, in the ceiling hangs a large Crystal pulsating with magical power.

There at the floor is a dusty summon circle that hasn’t seen use in hundreds of years.

“So this is it?” I approach it while examining the rest of the room.

Vines have taken refuge here so they can grow. The damp walls and air are inviting so why wouldn’t they?

Grass has intruded upon this sacred structure too. Upon closer inspection of the floor, there are cracks that allow for grass to peer up through them.

“I suppose I should-”

The ground shakes.

The worst thing that could possibly happen.

A loud roar from the darkened sky..

That would happen.

Before I know it, when I wanted to do a really good thing turned into a bad one.

Is happening.

“PRINCESS, GET DOWN!”

I stand there in awe before I’m tackled out of the way of the descending beast.

Therial covers me with her body.

“T-therial, are you okay!?”

“Y-yes, I’m fine… but we have company now.”

I see the culprit. A mucus-covered, foul smelling monster which I can only assume is a Remnant.
    [img width=600 height=592]http://i.imgur.com/ittPL1G.jpg[/img]

“Princess!” Aradias yells from the entrance to the tower.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me. Hold off the monster while I summon!” I sprint to the center of the room.

“Are you mad?!” Bellows Therial as she moves between the path to the crystal and my Remnant pursuer.

“I believe I’m in the right state of mind!” I don’t look back as I run, “Less talking, more fighting.”

I finally make it to the alter with the Crystal floating overhead. There I close my eyes to begin the summoning chant.

“N-no, not at all.” The White Mage pulls up his sacred text in the face of the incoming enemy.

[This is where I’m going to explain the simple combat system to everyone reading. At the beginning of each round, or ‘Shift’, I will do 1d20 for every party member and enemy. In fact, I’m going to do that now.]

PARTY
    Therial
    Aradias
    ENEMY
    Floral Fallal

Aradias rolled a 19, which is convenient.
    Thaliel got a 20, perfect.
    And the Floral Fallal got… a 1. No, this wasn’t on purpose at all. Luck just came out that way. This signifies the beginning of the ‘Shift’. Now that we have the rolls of 19,20, and 1, the Speed stat comes into play here.

Aradias current Speed stat is 13 (with equipment), this earns him a 5% bonus to any number rolled during the beginning of a check. Since he got a 19, that 19 goes to a 20 (with rounding).

Thaliel’s Speed stat is 27 which gets her a 10.5% Speed bonus! Her 20 turns into a 22.

Our poor Fallal friend only has a Speed stat of 20, which gets him an 8% roll bonus. That WOULD have gotten him a 1.08. Round that up to a 1.1. No matter what he still lost. Poor bastard.

Now the turn order goes:
    Therial, Aradias, Fallal.

[Here is when things get mildly interesting. You choose three commands for each of your party members (Unless status effects, skill/magic says you can’t take any more turns, etc.). Right now just going to go with dummy commands.

Here Therial is going to go [Attack], [Attack], and [Attack]

“I will not allow you to TOUCH her!” Therial rushes forward with a powerful slash aimed at one of the beasts many leaves.

One is severed.

With another slash she targets the Remnant’s body.

Air escapes the sack that can be called the creatures ‘lungs’. The beast tries to throw out another tentacle to attack but-

“No chance!” Therial cuts it off before it can even touch her.

[Here Therial just attacked three times, dealing a sequenced damage of 379, 227, and 298. Here’s the strange part, though. Therial’s weapon, the Order’s Sword, has a damage of Min-Max that falls between 200 and 350. But 379 is ABOVE 350. Why is that? Because the same factor with speed applies here too. Therial’s Vigor (Physical strength) stat is 25 which earns her a 9.5% bonus to any physical attack. Nifty.

Now if you add all that damage up, Therial dealt a total of 904.

Now it’s Aradias turn to shine!

“Aradias, stand back. Don’t get hit!” Therial commands.

“Understood.” obediently Aradias puts up his hand to form a magical force field between the monster and himself.

This action right here, Guarding, is pretty much essential to staying alive. It halves the damage dealt to you as long as you give up your Three ‘turns’ for that round. It also has an added bonus of recovering 10% of your HP each time you do it. It’s a turn skip with perks! There’s no ‘bonus’ that gets attached to Guarding besides the additional Tolerance (Physical defense) and Spirit (Magic defense) because of stats and armor.

Now it’s our poor bastard’s turn

[Acid Barrage]
    The Floral Fallal secretes a strange poison from its ‘leave tips’.

“Therial!”

“I know.” the elven knight prepares herself.

Suddenly a barrage of fine, neon-green needles tear into the elven warrior’s armor while she continues to hold her shield up.

While she blocked most of the blows, the damage was done.

[This attack dealt consecutive damage in a combo of x8. So the damage separated is 100, 86, 87, 87, 86, 93, 95, and 91. This is base though without making calculation. If we make the Vigor bonus calculation for the enemy which is 9.5%, each of these attacks is going to deal a bit more. 110, 94, 95, 95, 94, 102, and 100.]

Now that THAT’S been calculated, we factor in Therial’s defense which should cushion some of the damage. Therial’s Tolerance bonus is 9.5%, the same as the attackers Vigor Bonus. When this occurs, any boost the enemy would get is cancelled out. So Therial just gets the base damage that was first calculated.]

[Body Slam]

As a follow up to its previous attack, the monster leaps straight up into the air to come down on Therial.

The beast smacks the ground right in front of her, causing Therial to fly back into the wall with an audible thud.

“Aagh!” she screams in pain.

[978 Damage]
    [The attack that the Floral Fallal just used used up its other two ‘turns’ since it was a really strong move. There are attacks like that the party can get further down the road but not now, so don’t worry about it.]

“Therial!”

“I-I can still fight. No need to worry.” she gathers her bearings and stands again with sword in tow.

PARTY
    Thariel
    HP: 2081/3784
    MP: 31/31

Aradias
    HP: 3128/3128
    MP: 80/80

ENEMY
    Flora Fallal/
    HP: ???/???
    MP: ???/???

Thariel
    Aradias
    Flora Fallal

“I’ll get you this time.” Thariel runs straight into the monster for a second go.

[Attack]

“HAH!” her sword makes a clean strike at its main body. Again the monster releases hot air from its pierced hide.

[Attack]

“Ggh.” while braving the scent, she strikes again. The monster starts pulling itself away in an attempt to escape.

“I don’t think so.” her hand begins to glow a violent red. “Hopefully this ends it!” Therial puts her hand up into the air then swings it straight down.

“[Meteor Rain]!”

Three large, red spheres of fire blast down from nowhere to smash into the Flora Fallal.

One explodes as soon as it makes contact. The monster goes up into the air and across the room into another pillar. The pillar cracks as soon as the Remnant smacks down onto the ground face-first.

Two more smack into it, creating a crater just from the explosions going off in unison.

[Attack: 242 Damage]
    [Attack: 315 Damage]
    [Meteor Rain: 143, 122, 153 Damage]
    [TOTAL: 975 Damage, 12 MP Used]

[Heal x3]
    “Please, don’t over do it.” Aradias mumbles a spell under his breath while sending three balls of energy directly into Therial.

The magical spell mends most of his comrade’s wounds.

[Heal x3: 509, 556, 473]
    [TOTAL: 1538 Healed, 18 MP Used]

[Big Bomb]

The Remnant starts to vibrate. Therial quickly brings up her shield to block the incoming attack but she’s too late.

An explosive cluster of particles bombard her, sending her straight into the ground behind her.
    [444 Damage]
    [Status: KNOCKED OUT]

“A...ahh.” there the brave warrior loses consciousness.

[Body Slam]

For the second time the monster leaps straight up into the air. It comes down on Therial’s stomach.

“AAAAAaaaaaaaah!” her scream of pain is amplified by the empty echo of the tower.

[1547 Damage]
    [The status ‘Knocked Out’ means that Therial couldn’t use her Tolerance Bonus to cancel out the bonus of the Floral Fallal. That also means that any attack done to Therial while she was knocked down gets an additional 50% increase. But now that Therial was attacked, she was ‘woken up’.]

[Well that’s it for the rundown for the battle system. Now let’s get the plot moving.]

The scream from my personal guard makes me cringe. It’s like I can feel her pain…

“I think this is it.” I can save them with this.

“The spell is done!”

While those two have kept the monster at bay, the summon circle created by the crystal shines brightly, illuminating these ancient halls.

“Oh please, vigilant soul of the Other…”

Electricity blasts out from the center stone. I raise my hands higher. “Come to us in our time of need!”

I do my best to raise the sword Aludra from the ground at my feet into the air.

“If I remember right, I have to stab it into the ground…?”

I do just that. The top of the blade embeds itself into the ground for a nice fit.

“Through these sacred halls I call you to this world!”

Then it happened…
    The hero had appeared.

I heard someone calling for help.

While I was living my life, I heard someone scream. That’s when it appeared in front of me. The magic circle with writing that I could barely make out.

It said something along the lines of a distress signal. That help was needed. Along with the cry, that much should have been obvious.

Without any second thoughts, I just jumped into the circle of magical power.

When I got to see what was going on in the other side. I knew what I had to do.

I grabbed the blue sword stuck into that strange altar.

I leaped as far as I could straight into the grassy monster that was terrorizing .. .what I could assume were the summoner’s friends.

The blade dug deep into the grassy beast. There its movement halted.

… Yeah, that’s how I got stuck in this situation in my little thirty second narration.

Yes, it is just as crazy as it sounds.

“Phew.” I pull the sword out of the monster, leap back and then see that it actually isn’t dead yet.

Oh boy.

[BATTLE START]
    PARTY
    Agatha
    HP: 4047/4047
    MP: 20/20
    [Attack]
    [Skills]
    [Guard]
    ______
    Therial
    HP: 1628/3784