1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sword Art Online - Stats - How Do They Work?

Discussion in 'General' started by 0Jordinio0, Sep 8, 2020.

1. 0Jordinio0

0Jordinio0 I'm told I give great hugs. Bear-tastic even.

So, I can't remember exactly. But is there a point in canon where the levels, experience, skills and HP Recovery Ability are explained at all?

The most I can remember is that each new level takes much more experience than the last, while the experience from monsters goes down with each level, and that each skill maxes out at 1,000.

caspian1a likes this.
  2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Not really, as I recall. The auhtor is kinda a hack that don't really know how MMOs work, I believe.

3. 0Jordinio0

0Jordinio0 I'm told I give great hugs. Bear-tastic even.

I feared as much. I think I vaguely remember the experience from level 1 to 2 being 83 or something like that though. Or maybe I'm remembering that from a story?

4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Nah, that sounds right. We hardly see the mid point of the death game.

5. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

There are two attributes, strength and agility which you can invest points in every time you level up. Except for them increasing your character's abilities they also let you ude items with certain requirements, for example Kirito needed to level for a while to have a high enough strength stat to wield his main sword. You can normally level up by gaining XP, either through killing monsters, completing quests or succefully using certain skills like Smithing. Every Level up gives you three points to spend.

Players start with two skill slots, in those you can put skills from a list. Those Skills level with use and if they reach a high enough level can unlock other related skills(one handed sword skill letting you choose the Katana Skill for example). Skills are maxed out at level one thousand. By leveleling up your character you slowly unlock more skill slots, Kirito at Level 96 had about a dozen skill slots. You can remove a skill at any time from the slot and take another on, but you lose your level in it by doing this and have to start over if you select it again. Though there is a special item that can store the experience of a single skill. Weapon skills also give you access to their Sword Skills(the thing where you perform special moves where the weapon glows).

HP seems to increase with each level up, though certain skills can also affect it, like Kirito had a skill that allowed him to slowly regenerate health and the player Schmitt used several such skills and items to became the player with the highest HP. It seems that without Skills, potions or special items HP doesen't regenerate at all.
    I dont think a explicit number was mentioned, though we see Kirito level up for the first time after killing a few boars with Klein and then eleven plant mobs near the neighbouring town.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    CrazyGuy, Familiar, Taisei and 5 others like this.
  6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Oh right, can't forget 10 hidden, unique skills existed in this game... in which onyl two were shown. On that Kayaba kept for himself and of course, dual wielding for Kirito. On ehtta he gained by having apparently the best reaction time. Again, author is an hack that get jack shit about MMOs.

So for the 8 others, I guess you're free to make OP shit up since we never learned what they were last I saw.

7. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

The Author actually mentioned the names of a few others in a Q&A from the perspective of Kayaba. Though nothing in particular about them.

8. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

How to tell that that the MMO you signed up for is secretly a death game, sign number 38.

9. Augustus475

Augustus475 Getting some practice in, huh?

true,Sao would have been written before the release of Wow and Reiki had no knowledge of video games at that time, let alone writing .:eek:
    the first time he played, he was so disgusted by the behavior of his guild that he transposed it to Sao!

Reines_simp and Least Devotee like this.
  10. MisticeSilence321

MisticeSilence321 (Verified Lombax Lesbian)

It isn't explained all that much. I'd recommend using the games for any data about the stats.